youtu.be/zMEyyXhBWOw
youtube.com/watch?v=rz9G9aoZnZk
youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY
youtu.be/VvjPdT1NSog
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMem_Ggue8
youtube.com/watch?v=bG7sfXitotA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why

There is nothing quite as hideous as Fullbright.

For comparison.

GTA 5, for your Pentium Shitbox

No More Heroes looks better than this

Are there videos of GTA V with those settings?

top kek. is that really the lowest resolution?

Jesus it doesn't even look this bad on my toaster.

Fucking hell I thought that was San Andreas.

It's weird, these all look like old games to us because the graphics are turned low. They look like PSX or N64 games. Eventually, the games we think look photorealistic now (at their highest settings) will be considered so outdated they're almost unplayable to future generations of gamers.

Looks like a DS game

that was beautiful, user

youtu.be/zMEyyXhBWOw

>That music

I do this in TF2, but that's because my net is so shitty that if I bump up the settings I start getting really bad latency.

youtube.com/watch?v=rz9G9aoZnZk

youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY

Who needs textures anyway?

eh this looks playable

>hammer vs ingame

>~20 fps
ow

its better than most of the other threads up right now

HiRez games look the worst at Low

youtu.be/VvjPdT1NSog

try again you fucking retard.

sage

For some reason I want to bite those things.

how do i do this? it looks like a PS1 game, looks sick as fuck.

Hello fellow level designer.

Looks a bit like half-life 1

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMem_Ggue8

(caution: do not use headphones, will fuck your ears)

I'm pretty sure that's a mod, not actually low settings.

It still runs like shit

at least tgat palm tree still looks okay

what are the minimum requirements to run skyrim like that?

holy shit, same!

youtube.com/watch?v=bG7sfXitotA

Somehow this gives me comfy feels.

>saging with a gif
Newfag

Sort of. Do you feel that way about old SNES games?

As we approach photorealism in 3D, at some point the graphical gains begin to deteriorate. Even recently the biggest advancements have basically all been innovations in shaders and lighting technology. I'm willing to bet that the games produced now, near the end of the 3D cycle will still be pretty playable in the future.

suck my dick faggot

>sage
>didn't even sage

>Team Fortress 64

Must be an american thing

what the fuck

I don't even know how you could get KF running in 2016

Shiet

This all look playable to me, then again i've been playing on toasters till 2012.

So my laptop has 8gb of ram though only about 6.87 is usable. I googled around and it seems that some of the ram is reserved for other stuff like the graphics card. I also found out how to maximize the amount of ram usage to make all 8 usable. Is it a good idea to do it, or no? What're the consequences? I honestly don't know. I don't have friends to help me here.

why are you this fucking mad?

those actually look like driv3r screenshots

Get a new laptop already Bolt

reminds me of original day of defeat on a lego map

Looks like an early ps3 game.

>9.5 frames per second
>playable

Well, it's weird. NES games and other really old games are fine. It's the first generation of "real" 3D games (like early N64 and PSX) games that feel nearly unplayable. As a kid I thought they looked amazing, but now they look kind of messy and it can be hard to figure out what's going on. Maybe it's just that my imagination is worse now and so I can't make out what I used to be able to. And not every old game is like this, but there are a few.

As far as modern games go, there is the law of diminishing returns. Or at least, that's the way we think now. I'm sure back in the late 90s/early 2000s people were saying that games couldn't look better, and yet here we are. Now we're saying that games couldn't be much more realistic but in a few decades or so I'm sure we'll look back and think how wrong we were. Or maybe not, I guess it's hard to say.

They look like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 npc's

Looks like a closeup of AoE2

>when_asked_why_i_shitpost.gif
kekd.

Is Dead Rising 3 even worth a try? I remember getting it dirt cheap on a key site but I still haven't touched it.

.5 frames per second
On good days.

>ark-running-on-gtx1080.jpg

brazilians need to play games too

I beat the game for the first time on this very settings back in 2011.

no they don't

is this titanfall? does it have denuvo or something? i cant find any torrent for it

You'd be surprised what toasterfags(such as myself) would go through to play some games.

I admire you, I have a laptop that runs most shit on medium-low but I never play something if I can't get a constant ~30 fps.
I could build a desktop but I have other shit to pay for right now so it will have to wait.

why are you so mad, bud?

Did papa hit you again?

It runs poorly on all machines.

That's black ops 3 dude

one of the most fun games you'll ever play. Don't let dead rising purists/autists lead you astray. I takes the best elements of the previous games (zombies, fun weapons, exploration) and expands upon them in nearly every way. I would even go so far to say its the best use of an open world ive ever played. Unlike most games, every area is unique and you essentially play in a mini gta city with the ability to enter most building, and each has their own shit to find.

The real gem is the coop though, and even randoms are a blast. Really can't say enough about this game, since it gets so much flak. But at the end of the day if you like fun, it is for you.

i saw the jumping around and thought it was titanfall. still though. no torrent

a multiplayer-only game that requires origin is immensely unlikely to be cracked in any playable form

Low poly addon + lowest settings

>CoD Wii ports

I don't know why people say Source isn't good-looking.

HL2 came out in fucking 2004. It's pretty advanced (and pretty damn fast) for the time.

i played most of alan wake on an old toaster with a 2.8GHz pentium 4, 1GB of RAM and an HD3850
very low doesn't run much better than low and causes severe graphical glitches at a few points ('ghost' versions of characters will be completely invisible)
i stopped in one of the DLCs because i hit a game breaking bug where a room didn't load correctly, and i didn't figure out until much later that it was unrelated to my toaster and i had to restart from earlier
the framerate got pretty bad at times, but it was still enjoyably playable the whole time. american nightmare ran the same.

i play this shit lowest settings 50% render scale
720p res

>tfw any of these games won't still run on my toaster even at the lowest settings
By running I mean anything faster than 15 fps with drops, while some won't straight up boot

screenshot of aforementioned room fuck-up; i could actually walk through it because the collision was intact, but there were no load triggers to progress

Well I guess it's time to play Alan Wake again.

>everyone fucking plays sharpshooter in every server

im glad KF2 came out

Can I still get TF2 to look like this? What vars do I need to set?

Even DX8 TF2 doesn't look like this.

I remember my toaster dipping down to 4 FPS in WoW raids and I still topped the damage charts because I was in a shitty casual guild.

mat_showlowresimage 1

I play on mostly low at 75% render scale because of the way input lag works and frame buffers work in Overwatch. The aiming feels sloppy as fuck running at anything below 150 or so FPS.

because things don't retain how good they look over time.

I believe you have to do some .ini edits you can probably still do it. You can probably make most valve source engine games look like this.

>show a game from 2004
>WOW THIS ENGINE IS FUCKING SHIT

???

I still think it holds up pretty well today although its age is starting to show.

PC exclusives (at launch) from the mid 2000's like Half Life 2 and Crysis hold up extremely well compared to console games because they were just so far ahead of what consoles were capable of.

Kill yourself

yeah totally agree, noticed the same thing

>This used to turn me on

the engine is garbage. it's performance is way off key when dealing with high quality assets, the way it handles maps is garbage and the fact that if you use all dynamic lights instead of baked lights it runs like absolute dogshit.

it looked good for it's time. it looks like garbage now.

I feel the same, those games aged very well. Not even in the "look like they could have been released today" but they are still very pleasing to the eye

>it runs like absolute dogshit.
Optimization was one of the best things of the engine. I was able to run HL2 at launch on a PC with a single core celeron running a terrible PCI video card.

The way it handles maps is objectively the fastest way we have available, and you're not meant to use all dynamic lights because baked lights perform exactly the same function if the dynamic light isn't moving. Educate yourself, then kill yourself.

> the way it handles maps is garbage
Then why does UE4 use BSP mapping?

Still better than the default textures.

This can't be real.