Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/
battlelog.co/servers.php#populated
bl2142.co/downloads.php
youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why the fuck would i
battlefield 1 is right around the corner and battlefield 4 is basically free

Because Battlefield's never been good. It's a frustrating mess of poorly designed maps and half-realized concepts stretched between many titles. No community map support. No mod support. No freedom relating to server hosting anymore.

2142 was the least shitty of a franchise built out of shit. You'd be better off playing Planetside 2.

>actually excited for Battlefield 1

oh shut the fuck up you sanctimonious cum dribbling dipshit.

i might give it a shot, was gonna try bf2 a while back but i'd rather try this since i never got to back in the day. with more people played it though.

Wanted 2143 got reskinned ww2

I miss this game. Titan mode is really cool in every way.

>driver up in an APC and your team launches towards the mothership in droppods.
>half get taken out by people defending on the top
>a chopper delivers a fresh team on the back platform, and what's left of the squad makes it inside
>inside the supply room is a nightmare of grenades and whizzing bullets and corridors full of bodies and turrets
>a battle paid with patience and death finally pays off as you get the main door open and proceed to take down the core
>as it blows up you all run out and jump off the back to parachute to safety.
>not because you really need to, but it's just cool to do so

Is there any way to play this game in 1080p?

That's always the most satisfying part. And shooting at enemies doing the same as the titan blows up around you.

2142 was the last good Battlefield.

This game was so fucking awesome back in the day. Don't think it will run a 1440p though.

Trust me, community maps aren't a thing on battlefield for a reason. That shit would not go well 95% of the time.

This.

>titans locked in place forever
>there will never again be a server where you can move titans like they were intended and have a more dynamic battleground

>That shit Battlefield 1 game
>Where every gun is an assault rifle
>Being a shiteater

Wew

So, are people playing this game? How about BF2? Any hope it can gain a small playerbase?

Maps in Battlefield come down to one side getting fucked in the ass.

Is this true? I read on reddit that it got fixed.

you deserve a medal

Because they shut the servers down?

10/10 game
been really enjoying playing this.

Project Revive m8

been playing the last couple days

BF2 has about 2k users around 3-9 EST

I am playing. It's been a while since I last played and coming of bf3 and bf4, this is a whole lot slower paced. Which is good in a way.

For some reason, the commanders never move the fucking titans. Was it always like this? I remember that they would move titans right next to each other if one has more than half shied for easier boarding.

so what? I should just reinstall 2142 on Origin? or do I have to look up mods somewhere?

Huh cool. Is it free? I lost my disk ages ago.

It's free if it wasn't it'd be dead game

go here battlelog.co/

I've been playing Commander a lot because for some fucking reason I keep getting put on dipshit teams that are midway through the game and STILL HAVE NO COMMANDER and I try to manually move titans with the command and they refuse, get the system message like "cannot move to the specified location" no matter where it's placed

Who's running servers with gamespy down?

So I guess is right?

Titans stuck is place is pretty lame, but the game is back so I can't really complain much.

They have their own
battlelog.co/servers.php#populated

How is this a thing? Like I'm for real. How are they not getting sued out the ass for this?

How do i play in 144444440000p the fuck man god damn it.

some court ruling about online games with no official support can be legally privately run or someshit.

I suppose EA could get them for the free client thing, but they probably don't want to be a massive asshole just a few weeks from BF1 launch.

Set the target "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +widescreen 1 +szx 2560 +szy 1440.

Then go to my documents->bf2142-> video.con and edit it with notepad: VideoSettings.setResolution 2560x1440@yourhz

because I'm a pleb who doesn't like it

this

>titans locked in place forever

u fookin wot. If that's true that's queer as hell. Commander in 2142 was so much better than BF2 in large part because you had less killspammy artillery powers and had to be more on the ball with EMP strikes and positioning the titan well, etc.

Isnt tbis game dead? It used to be the best. Whats the catch?

I've been running it on 1440p
there were a few full servers tonight

I was subtly promised 2143 in bf3 and bf4, I consider this an insult, especially considering I'd have to re-grind all my shit.

yea why would i play a good game when i could eat shit

i mean, i love it, but its old :^(

wonder if there are any good Reshade setups for this old ass game or if it would even work

So in other words a month or so after BF1 releases we can expect them to come down hard on this shit.

It's free and all run on private servers

Zero catch

>downloaded it
>launched it
>no controller support
>Uninstalled it

just played BF2, its legit. too bad I have work to do, so I cant play some rounds there.

also for all you who don't know, you even download the full game from that webpage through the installer. which is good cause my old cr-rom doesnt work and I couldnt install it from my cds.

>controller support for 2142

If we had jets I could understand, but we don't.

so did EA fuck off from that court case?

>battlefield 2142 revive
Is this an actual mod or something or are you just trying to get more people to play?

I really miss bf 2142

its about getting comfy

Check this out. Battlelog.co

They just put a few servers up.

I'm playing it right now, last week I found out and got my 3 normie friends back on.

This is like the one thing we play together and I've missed them.

its the actual game bf 2142 just with new servers

oh wow; thanks anons Ill have to install this immediately, this used to be my favorite game

more

Heres the last one I have user, sorry for not having more. Unsurprisingly not many people make that kind of artwork for this game

Oops there was actually one more

>You'd be better off playing Planetside 2.

PS2 is like Battlefield with better gunplay but the teams are permanently stacked and each team has as many jets and tanks as they want.

probably not. they aren't making money on it anymore, so I doubt they give a shit. They let BF2 one go on with no incident as far as I know.

They are locked in place on the Dethklok servers because those fags can't host for shit.
The Battelog servers let you move the titans.

WHERE is the game? Origin?

Every fucking match I did this. It was great.

I always keep hoping the next Battlefield will be a 2142 remake with bigger titans (their interiors always felt cramped and fighting in the hallways was a bit silly a lot of the time) and fun destruction.

Oh, and more mecha.

As for BF2142 revive, I just haven't reinstalled 2142 yet.

WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THE GAME?!

>not BF2 revive
>not project reality (which I find too damn autistic, even though I browse /k/)

I do think that 2142 looks pretty fun

BF2 revive, google is your best friend.

>start thread trying to get people to play
>gives zero info on how to get the game

the launcher downloads it for you

Wtf is that? Can someone explain what has changed? Why is there a resurgence?

It's always funny when basically your entire team is blasting the shit out of the core and everyone runs out and jumps off at the same time.

>being so young or so much of a faggot that you didn't play 2142 when it released a decade ago
>not still having your box and discs

What fucking launcher holy fuck are you people fucking stupid.

read the fucking thread you dipshit

if you can't do that much, you probably wouldn't even be able to play the game since it's completely not retard proof like later bf games.

because it completely fucked up the upgrade system introduced by 2
also it's dead and the netcode was shitty

bf2 revive has been going for years now
bf2142 revive was in the works and had a small tester base and got finally released

also EA not being a cunt about it helped a ton

Downloading now, what do I need to know going in?

bl2142.co/downloads.php

I gotchu fammies
you need an account to download it and play it

because my pleb friends wont play it with me, fuck those guys.

I just dont enjoy multiplayer shooters alone anymore, its a bit sad.

Thank you. Excuse my anger.

>calls other people stupid
>didn't read the thread
this is the real neo-Cred Forums

>It's a Titan Mode episode

youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I

>Planetside 2
>Better gun play

> Was always on the top 5-10 players on any map and gamemode
> Tried to replay BF2142 recently
> Get my shit wrecked
Either I lost a lot of level, or there's only experienced BF2142 players on the Revive servers.
Either way, I feel shame.

I'm getting really fucking tired of dethklok and their shitty vehicle farm servers.

They don't want moveable titans, they don't want infantry maps. Conceited cock suckers don't want to play anything outside of jet domination.

The only Battlefield I ever got into was BC2 desu. I actually liked it a lot and thought it was good but for whatever reason the rest of the series just never interested me much.