Is this a hard video game

Is this a hard video game.

No. You can literally beat it in 10 minutes if you move quickly and use the warp pipes.

By modern standards, yes

>tfw i cant beat world 3

It's not hard by any standards. I used to sit on the couch with my girl and time how many minutes it took me to get through the game.

Without warps? Yes. With them? Fuck no. I don't think it counts though since they are obviously a secret that's closer to cheating rather than a legitimate trick.

warp pipes are not "secret" or "cheating." They are a legitimate part of the game.

It's easy as fuck until you get to 8-2

>mfw i'm stuck on 5-4

But if you wanna beat the game fair and square and get the full experience of the challenge you gotta avoid using warp pipes.

protip, if you aren't using warp pipes then you're playing the game wrong. There's a reason you get told repeatedly that the princess is in another castle. The only world that matters is world 8, and the point is to get there any way you can.

They very clearly are a secret. And yeah it's a legitimate part of the game in the same way as level select is part of some games. A neat feature to have but not something you're meant to take advantage of on your first playthrough

see you are wasting your time and playing the game wrong if you don't use the warp pipes.

>skipping all of the games content is playing it right
ok

I hate sounding like a little bitch, but 8-2 still trips me up.

You're supposed to be saving the princess, not going on a vacation across the mario world.

sequel is much harder.

is that the one with like 4 sets of fucking hammer throwers cause fuck that shit

What is this the walking dead? Who gives a fuck about the princess, the point of the game is to play it and all the levels it offers not just get to some shitty half baked ending using what feels like a debug feature

Not really. I mean, world 8 has a decent challenge, but it's not hard per se.
Now, Dark Souls...

>Who gives a fuck about the princess
The whole point of the game is to save the princess, you tard. That's why Mario does what he does in the first place.

That's not funny stop that.

They're not a secret. They weren't a secret in 1985 and they're not a secret now.

Using warp pipes only counts if you are just going for an any% clear. But if you want to 100% the game you need to beat every level and not use warp pipes.

It could also be argued that you need to play through every level of the post-game as well (where enemies are faster and goombas are replaced by buzzy beetles), otherwise you still haven't 100% beaten everything in the game.

Nothing in the game points to them and the manual does not mention them. Just because the game got popular doesn't mean it wasn't intended to be a secret

That's 8-3 I think, and yeah fuck that shit

It has a post game?

I hate world 5 and world 8 personally

>is not hard guiz i swear I beat it

Why you kid who literally never played the game feel the need to justify yourselves in an anonymous image board?
That's some next level insecurities you have

yes. it's more like a hard mode than a post-game though.

Might as well use the same argument for any kind of easy mode or crutch in any game with an explicit goal. Truth is that beating the game with warps is the only waste of time here (and more importantly money) because it requires no skill.

Since you seem to be addressing me specifically, you should know that I'm 29 years old, you tard. Of course I played and beat the game.

>taking the warp pipe

I can't beat it.

Probably another loop which is a common arcade game thing

Yes. I still hate the levels with the faggot fish that jump out of the water.

>2007
>2008
>2009
>2010

I never ever beat this when I was a kid. Probably could have if I really dedicated myself to it but even then this was a monster of a game.

Come to think of it I never really beat any of the Nes games I had.

SMB1 can be tough. japanese SMB2 spanked my ass like I was a naughty boy tho

By modern standards it's a challenge.

SMB2 is fucking brutal, so much so that we got rebranded Doki Doki Panic for "SMB2" instead.

Romhacks and Mario Maker levels use SMB2's difficulty as the minimum.

damn nigger

Finished the game without warp pipes when I was a child. Came back as an adult and lose around world 7-x. Has that happened to anybody too?

Super Mario World is way harder

At least the later levels are.

Don't even get me fucking started on the star zone

SMW is easier than SMB and SMB3 combined.

World is the easiest 2D Mario even if you don't abuse the cape.

Nigger what
I can somewhat understand people who struggle with SMB, but you are either incredibly underaged or retarded if you think SMW is hard

>SMW
>Hard
toppity top kek

the only hard part of world was the secret stages

to be fair, the secret stages were actually pretty hard

No but this 20 miles of barell bullshit sur eis.

The game doesn't have to point you to them or document it. It's common sense.

World 8 is rough. Back in the day I couldn't beat it without the Fire flower, so I'd have to game over since there are none in 8-3 or 8-4.

It has challenge, undeniably, and it's not easy. But compared to other FC titles that came after it and became more advanced, it's not in their league.

Also, warp zones are supposed to function as a save of sorts because obviously saving is not an option. Once discovered it's a way to continue where one left off.

Used in conjunction with the game over continue trick it made the game more feasible to beat, particularly for younger people.

No.