I'm on the fence if I should upgrade my cpu or buy a ps4 pro...

I'm on the fence if I should upgrade my cpu or buy a ps4 pro. I have a 2600K with a 390X and my motherboard is limiting my OC potential. I also have a H100 GTX radiator

pic slightly related. before my OG PS4's optical drive went out and got returned.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cMI2MziaqFU?t=14
youtube.com/watch?v=AlJTnclrY-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go for the ps4 pro lots of exclusives and psvr

legit asking

Anything worthwhile that's going to separate the PC experience?

why get a pro if you already have a normal ps4? I recently just picked up a regular one since there is no point to get a pro unless you have money to burn

I mentioned my og ps4's optical drive went out and I returned it. I'm asking if it's worth coming back to the PS4 in Pro form or if I should just upgrade my mobo or cpu.

games will look better even if you don't have a 4k tv
FFXV looks loads better

Same boat as you OP.

Bought a PS4 last year, but the 4k/Pro announcement rustled my jimmies enough to finally use my wagekeks and build a computer. It's an i5 6400 with an RX470. Much better of an upgrade than the PS4. But at the same time, the pro IS affordable...

OP could you post the picture that's on your desktop?

I'm tempted to get a pro just for FFXV tbqh
I know it'll get ported to PC eventually but it'll probably be a while and a hackjob port is almost inevitable

Hmm.. do we know if the controller improved in batt life on the pro version? What's going to move me to the Pro is if there's enough exclusives coming down the pipeline. It's been pretty dry from what I've seen on PS4 so far.

Was there much of a price difference between the 470 and 480?

desu famalam I forgot where I saved it. This was almost like 2 years ago.

If there are more games you want to play on ps4 than PC, then get the ps4 pro.

I'm just waiting for the ps4 having more than 5 exclusive I want to play until I buy it one, and it'd probably be a pro.

Damn, thanks anyway.

here you go

kek

I think do the same thing and wait. Come to think of it I wouldn't be making this thread if the PS4 had enough games worth buying a console for.

Do we know anything worthwhile that's coming?

The only games I'm even remotely interested in are last guardian, ff7 (which probably will be on PC), and death stranding (I don't know why I'm even interested after not enjoying MGS5)

Death stranding is one but I read another user tell me that's coming to PC. Any confirmation on this?

Thanks!

>lots of exclusives
>

>I'm on the fence if I should upgrade a good system or buy a bad system

At the time the price difference was $50 or so. Anyways, I'm thinking, even if I can dish out the $400 for a pro....I can just as easily dish out the $400 on a 1070...

>1070
It might be the better deal especially since Microsoft is releasing exclusives on PC

Is the 2600K actually hurting your performance?

Well I can't get 60fps on ultra on TW3. It dips between 50-40.

Did you turn off hairworks?

No it's running at 4x. I heard the recent drivers reduced the impact on hairworks

OP your cpu is pretty good. Get the pro and try out some weeb games

Are the weeb games any good, do they have replay value?

Try using gpu-z to check gpu load when playing. If it isn't maxing out then the 2600k could be bottlenecking it. If it is reaching 100% gpu load, a new cpu probably wont help

Why don't get another hobby? You don't need any of that to play games.

Hmm I do have gunpla as a hobby on the side. Not sure if I should get into 2D anime figures. I got a gym membership, I lift. I don't mess with 3D women or interact with them I think they're a waste of time and effort.

Music maybe?

youtu.be/cMI2MziaqFU?t=14

Drawing?

youtube.com/watch?v=AlJTnclrY-g

Hairworks is still predominantly nvidia effect, its tied to physx so it will be hitting your cpu harder than with it off. As if its used with a non nvidia card physx will run on the cpu.Try the game with hairworks off and see if you have more luck, unfortunately physx (which hairworks is tied into along with extreme amounts of tesselation) basically will max out a single cpu core but your 390 should be more than capable of the other settings. Amd chips (their 5000 series was abyssmal) also have had trouble with tesselation in the past but maybe newer chips are more capable.

wtf would you need to upgrade, I have the 290x and I can run any game at ultra 30+ fps

I have a tablet for drawing(I don't get much time to use it though). I tried to get into music when I was in grade school but I gave up on it because the schools teaching orchestra were boring and I had a short attention span.

I buy things that give me immediate gratification and are well supported. I like to learn but I get distracted to keep up with things around me.

I saw a video on how the 2500K was bottlenecking current gpus.