Is Furi worth playing? It's on sale for $20

Is Furi worth playing? It's on sale for $20.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sJ77Gq5y8G8
youtube.com/watch?v=3Fh0KUoBjEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

I haven't played it, but I really want to. But for a short indie title, anything over $15 wouldn't be worth it imo

That's an unfortunate title.

>On sale for $20

Should've picked it up when it was on sale for free.

20 and under is a good price for it

Combat was really tight even if the delay on the dodge felt bad, and the soundtrack and story are fuckin great

I bought the game on release and have not been able to pass this bitch.
That final stage just wrecks me every time

>inb4 "free"

>It's on sale for $20.
Not worth it. It should be furi.

I got it for free with ps+.
Messed with it for about 10 minutes and then dropped it.

when was that?

>Worth Playing

Yes.

>$20

Eh...

I'd say it's full price should be 20, while it's sale price should be 10 or 15.

It's a great game with fantastic combat - unlike HLD, which is a meh game with shallow combat.

heh

Just focus, don't try and take everything in at once, and the sniper is only a trap, you have plenty of time to escape it, don't let it distract you.

If you like challenging boss rushes with very clearly defined stages to the fight, yeah, pick it up.

>filthy casual: the post

I bet you do that with most games you underaged shithead.

Why even download the game? If you cant appreciate the aesthetic, soundtrack, or challenging gameplay (all things clearly presented in trailers and screenshots before even downloading) then why even waste your time downloading it? Furthermore, why even post in a thread about it, as if your opinion would have any merit whatsoever?

How long is Furi?

It's sort of like No More Heroes and Nier's bossfights had a baby. If that sounds appealing to you, get it.

Look, I agree with you, but the guy can dislike it if he wants.

He said it got it for free on PSN, so he obviously didn't look at trailers or screenshots. He downloaded a free game, played it, didn't like it, and that's it.

For about a month it was free with a PS+ subscription.

5 hours, although there's a speedrun mode that cuts out the cutscenes and walking segments.
>tfw did a 1-hour speedrun first try and got both achievements

depends how experienced you are in those sort of games. i was completely new and it took me around 7 hours to finish. afterwards, you got harder mode and speedrun mode

Depends on how you play it. Just playing through once will only be about... 2-4 hours. It's the kind of game that encourages you to master its mechanics, though. So if you're into that kind of thing, there's hard mode and a speedrun mode that really encourage you to push your skills to the limit.

>He said it got it for free on PSN

As did I. And on the download page theres a trailer that starts playing automatically, a bunch of screenshots and descriptions and shit to scroll through, all more prominent than the "download" button. Furthermore, there's a "add to library" button right next to the download button so theres no excuse to be made saying he wanted to download it quickly before the offer expired because once you add it to your library it can be downloaded at any point in the future.

The guy is clearly just here to shitpost about the game, as anyone with PS+ knows that Furi was one of the better offerings in recent months.

>he didn't get it when it was "free"

on steam?

So how did this game make any money if the very first day it was available it was also free on psn and still free for a month after that

youtube.com/watch?v=sJ77Gq5y8G8

There's no need to be so upset

Free for PS Plus users

>try to play it again the other day
>content is locked, presumably because I didn't renew ps+

I don't watch trailers. Shit is free so I automatically add everything.
It looked aesthetically interesting, so I downloaded it and played it.
I didn't even finish the first fight because the combat system is unintuitive garbage.
It may be one of the better offerings in months, but to be fair I haven't played much of anything else that was free on PS+ either because it's all been garbage.

>as if your opinion had any merit whatsoever?

user... guess what?

>got it "free" from PS+
>didn't know anything about it going in, other than maybe seeing some positive threads here and there on Cred Forums
>started it on a whim one day, played it, loved it, Platinum'd it
Not even a shill but this game was fucking amazing. And the music was awesome. We don't have enough threads about this fucking game.

I wonder what's Japan's take on FURI. I mean the game is inspired by classic Japanese action games.

Just beat hard mode

It's fun, but the longer you play the more it becomes a shmup/rhythym game hybrid

>I didn't even finish the first fight because the combat system is unintuitive garbage

You have no idea what the combat system is like if you didn't even make it to the next phase of the first fight (which 10 minutes wouldn't allow you to do). You literally quit during the tutorial, before it showed you all of the games mechanics. The trailer starts playing as soon as the game page loads, and within like 10 seconds the trailer shows you more of the game than you would have experienced during the tutorial you ragequit from. Your story just doesn't add up. It's okay to admit that you were put off by the challenge, that's really the only thing that makes sense here unless you're a 12 year old with ADHD.

>it's all been garbage

Alot of it has, yes. But it's hard to take you seriously when you probably judge all that "garbage" the same way you judged this game. I think you need a prescription of ritalin.

What? Yeah opinions are subjective, but you can't have an opinion on something you haven't even experienced. It's like going to a Sopranos thread on Cred Forums full of people discussing the ins and outs of the show and saying the show is shit because you didn't like the lyrics in the opening song.

Ragequit? I borequit. Shit was fucking boring.
It was tedious and mediocre from the very beginning, and it didn't get any better.
Does the game open up and blossom into something beautiful and new? Maybe, but I'm not willing to find out.
Keep defending your shit opinion about a shit game all you want. I have better things to do with my time than wait for something to grow on me.
I had no expectations going in, and was still disappointed.

sorry you didn't like it, its probably my GOTY so far

anyone who enjoys action games should give Furi a fair shake

I just love the character designs and music and aesthetics

Thanks for confirming your ADHD user, that's really all that needed to be said.

>your shit opinion about a shit game

You literally have no opinion, as you have not played the game. So who are you to judge the opinion of others? What are you even doing in this thread if not to shitpost as said?

I'm not sure but I think Sony pays a lump sum for a game going on PS+, and the devs may have decided this would be a better way to advertise the game after seeing Rocket League's success.

Cool, didn't know this was a thing. Kind of hilarious that their studio is literally just a bunch of people in one room. Also interesting lore drop that wasn't anywhere in the game she says The Strap were the good guys

I really really like this quote

He is right, thats what killing AAA for me

Why are the French so based?

$15-$20 is the sweet spot for this game. Furi is really just a big boss rush. It plays like a bullet hell with elements of swordplay. It's a very fun game once you master it and mastering it varies from person to person ie whether you're shit at vidya or not. You have to learn timing for attacks, blocks, and counters. Your first boss is a tutorial and everything you need to know about the game's controls will be shown and taught here. If you need a reminder or more indepth info, you can find it under menu options why so many people struggled with the controls I will never understand.. This game -HEAVILY- discourages the reckless, button mashing playstyle. You try to button mash your way to victory, you will never progress in this game. You take (and can make) openings and learn to read your opponent. If I had to describe it, be samurai as fuck.

Pros
>Awesome boss rush type game
>Bosses are unique and vary their attack patterns and add in more attacks as you increase difficulty
>Speedrun mode
>Soundtrack

Cons
>Short
>Unskippable walking segments inbetween bosses that last 5-10 minutes (can autowalk to the next boss but can't skip it)
>more bullethell than hack/slash

What was the hardest boss for you guys?

For me it was The Star, it changes so many rules that the game has already established, while also making your character feel slower imo.

It was the Burst for me, but only because I was retarded and didn't realize that the yellow bands had yellow balls you couldn't dodge through.

Speedrun gets rid of the walking segments and cutscenes?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Fh0KUoBjEU

I had no idea you could parry the Scale's shots

>Cons
>more bullethell than hack/slash
I will never see why this is hated so much
I hate that perfect parries punish you

The Burst, only boss that gave me any trouble at all in the game.

Punish you?

It's on sale for $20?
I'd imagine that's what it should cost normally, since it's such a short game. Even $20 is much.

>using parry as a compass for the Burst

>waah why do you hate my game

I kek every time

Fighting the boss that surrounds himself with mirrors so all your attacks deflect back at you now. What a cheeky cunt. Smart strategy though I'll hand it to him.

$10 is a reasonable price for the soundtrack alone so the game ends up being $15 basically

the line is a right cheeky cunt

Fishman probably had me stuck the longest, though The Line walled me for a while too

make sure you're using L1 for dodging and be aware the dodge happen on release of the button, not the press.

That's probably because you're a piece of shit that needs to git gud, faggot.

They add more time and slow down your fight.You deal less DPS overall.

They allow you to charge up your sword while the enemy is stunned.

Shit game

It's ok. 7/10. Mechanics are kind of wonky.

You can charge between parries/hits more consistently.

Hey I beat the Burst after only like 2 tries, I just kinda sucked at them leaving hurtboxes on the map

Someone couldn't git gud

On furier there is literally not enough time between attacks to charge unless you get a perfect parry.

It's Shmups for people too bad to play Shmups.

>t. quit at the first boss

Try actually playing and beating the game on Furier

I'm fairly decent at shmups and I find Furi quite challenging,especially on Furier.