Spoopy month is coming up, let's get a Cred Forums horror discussion going on

spoopy month is coming up, let's get a Cred Forums horror discussion going on

currently been booting up older titles on PCSX2 and playing through them, some i've never played before

cant into this title, just seems so cliche and uninteresting

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDqnd07Z0Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bloodcurse is better

i remember playing the demo back on the PS3 years and years ago, seemed fun, thats why i wanted to pick this up

BUT, just cant stay interested

any other PS2 horror titles that arent that big but are pretty good? i've tried Fatal Frame too, enjoying that a lot more

Siren is pretty cool, but I can't get into it either. Seems like the volume effects everything so if I want to hear any dialogue I'm stuck with white noise so loud it gives me headaches. And the game is pitch black dark so I can't see anything at all without ruining the settings on my tv.

I'm looking forward to playing Kuon. I love that taoist magic stuff to death but last time I tried playing it I was too afraid to use my saves and died in some closet losing hours of progress. Here's the really cool intro.
youtube.com/watch?v=zDqnd07Z0Ms

Didn't they "re-imagine" this shit on PS3?

what the fuck did i just watch

I hate how the game is kinda "orangish" like it has some filter.

It's been a while but I think it's the outcome of a failed ritual about sacrificing tons of dudes into a huge spider web or something.
The game is really neat. It's made by FromSoftware so it plays a lot like dark souls with fixed camera angles. Only it's all magic and summons like a guard dog made of paper talsimans or paper spiders that help you kill ghosts and tank hits.

The game is pee in my ass, shut up.

are there any other games really similar to Cry of Fear, Afraid of Monsters, or Silent Hill?

huge fan of the atmosphere/mysteries in those games

preferably for PC, gamecube, PSX, or PS2

Maybe Deep Fear?

they have a sega saturn emulator for PC but i have never used it

any idea how this game would run on an emulator?

BRING BACK PRE RENDERED BACKGROUNDS WITH LOW POLY MODELS

ITS A FUCKING LIFESTYLE

>PRE RENDERED BACKGROUNDS
yes.

>LOW POLY MODELS
nope.

Oh sorry I don't know anything about the saturn, I was thinking about the other boat game. It's actually called Cold Fear.

This game is really good, but its just so fucking hard and obtuse.

oh come on

it fits survival horror so well

not even kidding, and a lot of people may think i am an idiot for saying this, but i really think the lo-fi shitty looks of older survival horror titles really added to the horror

nocturne is a great example, same for RE2/3

did anyone ever play this?

Blood Curse blows. Siren was too hard and had too many nonsensical puzzles, but BC just casualises the whole thing into nothing.

This game right here is really the only horror game worth playing.

It's probably the best overall, but I wish the enemies were threatening at all. Kind of ruins the spookiness when you have to walk right up to ghosts and aggro them.
The first and 3rd games had shitty mansions but the enemies were actually threatening.