So why did every mission have the credits at the beginning anyway ?

so why did every mission have the credits at the beginning anyway ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dtag0csOsFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i really hated it, cuz it takes out some element of surprise, like suddenly seeing "Guest Starring T-34 Tank" or something so now i know a fucking tank is gonna pop out somewhere so i prep early

why did his face always twitch in the helicopter?

There has to be some sort of deeper ruse meaning behind it though

Kojima wanted it to look like you were playing through a TV show.

ye elden time movies and shit had the credits at the beginning of the movie instead of at the end.

Kojima said its because he wanted it to feel like a TV show (other MGS games being movies)

But people have speculated it was a fuck you to Konami for firing him. You see his name a dozen times every time you load up a mission

Because Kojima fell for the same episodic meme that Remedy did.

kojima autism
keep it simple but he is an autist

Which I kinda wish it was. Like episodes coming out each season about Big Boss and his scrappy crew.

because it's a stupid idea, and kojima loves to put stupid shit like this in the mgs games.

Because they knew the game wasn't finished so they couldn't place them after the ending.

It means everything is VR recreation of events the game actually takes place in the future

Kojima wanted it to feel like a TV Show

Snakemore was one of the less egregious things about MGS4, though it highlights how weird of a character Liquid Ocelot is. Despite supposedly adopting Liquid's personality, he doesn't really act like Liquid.

>Guest starring The SKULLS Parasite Unit

They could have still had a neat twist here.
When the armoured skulls popped out of the van I shat my pants because I thought it was just going to be the regular skulls, same thing with the sniper skulls.
If there was a few more types of Parasite Units so the player knew they were going into the shit but not what kind it would have been neat.

That was a bad choice. Same with mentioning Big Boss in the Truth mission, though in that case it maybe at least made people curious.

But movies and tv shows still have credits at the beginning.

I liked it, because the SKULLS freak me out so I was always on edge waiting for the mist to roll in.

>the mission to retrieve the honeybee
>get it
>mist everywhere now
>fuck fuck fuck

This. I think Kojima wanted to evoke a sense of dread into the player. Keep him on edge.

Unfortunately this is shattered once you discover how easy the Skulls actually are to take out.

Never beat this game for the PS4 got to the third act. Just bought it for PC though are the KB&M controls any better? Also hoping the higher fps and better graphics add to the experience

It's to make the missions feel like episodes of a TV show, rather than the movie-like presentation of the previous games.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dtag0csOsFw

This, Alan Wake and Asura's Wrath did the same thing

Using the mouse for aiming lets you nail headshots with iron sites from 100m with 100% accuracy.

So turn off reflex I'm guessing