>1995
>go on the train out of town to buy that SNES game you couldn't find locally
>read the useful manual with hints, tips and some humor on the journey home
>can't wait to play game
>play it for months and enjoy it a lot
>be careful with purchases because games are expensive and some are not always available locally

>2016
>SNES roms can be downloaded in seconds
>lots of sales on games, internet delivery and humble bundles means you are spoilt for choice
>no manuals anymore in most disc based games
>a lot of mediocre games and jew editions (deluxe, super deluxe, early access)
>bad indie developers flood the market with shit games

>Tfw bought Rune Factory 4 physical
>Game came with a manual
>Full of official artwork of the characters
>Includes lyrics to the opening IN BOTH JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

More companies need to do this.

Dumb frogposter.

>complaining about entire SNES library being free

Sure you feel spoilt for choice a bit, but that's not the problem with why you can't stick to one great game. You either don't honestly enjoy them or you have an attention problem (autism/burgers).

times changed user, man do I miss the excitement of the ride home reading the manual, and really having to try to find everything without simply being able to look it up. Our entire society just decided delayed gratification was over rated.

I think I have just played games for too long. There was a better balance before. Now I get a game and think "I've done this thing before."

try speedrunning/1cc, sometimes you just need a challenge instead of just being able to cruise through with no real aim or goals.

this helped me A LOT with my boredom with vidya whenever I get a game now I crank up the difficulty to the hardest difficulty I can at the start, so the game takes effort and commitment

>tfw games just let you pay to win now

I don't get excited anymore. I have dozens of games in my backlog. It's always a chore to start a game. In the rare case I get stuck in a game (some tutorial bitch will always remind you where to go next) I can just google /use youtube and get the solution straight away.

>Fallout 1 came with a thick manual that, in addition to a lot of comedy, included a primer on nuclear weapons and radiation and even some post-apocalyptic recipes.
>Fallout 4 is just a EULA and a steam installer.

>Now I get a game and think "I've done this thing before."

It's part of growing up and being adult, having more exprience and find pattern of things you have already seen or done and so on.

>1995
>walkthroughs for games were quite rare
>every game felt magical as you discovered things for the first time

>2016
>no manuals anymore in most disc based games
>have to go online to read manuals, hints and tricks
>end up finding a walkthrough that spoils the magic of discovering things yourself

quit vidya

>90sfag complains about a lot of mediocre games, "jew" editions, and the market being "flooded" with shit games
>conveniently ignores the massive amount of shovelware overshadowing the good titles, shitty plastic accessories, shameless rip-offs slapped on every console strategy guide bundles and limited editions (because they're not a modern thing, you rose-tinted autist)

Your only legitimate complaint is the lack of physical manuals. But who am I to criticize your personal favorite vidya era? It was flawless, wasn't it? Here's hoping for that new crash despite the American industry being nowhere near as bad as it was during the first one, mah brudda.

>1995
>oh user how did you get that item and how did you find that area
>you have a smug look on your face and don't tell him

Now you find a secret and tell a friend. He's like oh already saw pewdiepie do that on youtube. Meh.

>everything is bad because I personally make it a chore and take the easy way out
I imagine you're a fatter fuck than the pepe image posted
Take a fucking breath mouth-breather
Video games aren't your job

What you say is mostly correct, but the fact remains that previous generations just had more good or interesting games than there are today. The mainstream market has become increasingly homogenised and it's not often that indie games can truly fill the gap beyond a short novelty.

Delete that fucking hate symbol, OP

There will mever be a crash. Normies just keep buying "rare" digital items in games and pay extra to play a game a week early. FIFA and other sports games make a lot of money from in-game purchases and selling deluxe editions. The jewish publishers have never had it so good. We're doomed. It's only going to get worse.

The internet has ruined so many things. I hate it, but I love it.

>1995
>have to waste an entire day riding a train just to buy a video game
>read the manual which is full of hints because the game is poorly designed and cringe humor
>force yourself to play the game for months because no internet meant you had to take a shitty guess on which games were good and you ended up picking some shit game

Kill yourself nostalgiatard

yea I see where you're coming from user, you just gotta try and find games that really interest you and not look things up, at least for the first play through

> they actually DON'T make em like they used to

No, you rented games to see if they were good or not, retard. Or talked to friends, people were more social before the internet.

>tfw the last renter left his 100% save on the cart and you got frustrated when you couldn't get 100% and had to return the game

wah wah things are better and easier now

>previous generations just had more good or interesting games than there are today
Crippling nostalgia for the 90s makes you blind to the fact that platformers were what Cred Forums calls movie games today.
>but there were good games
Tell me with a straight face that there were more good platformers like Mario 3 and DKC2 than absolute shit like Fist of the North Star or Conan.

Face it, your time had just as much shit as the previous time which was bloated to fucking death with shitty clones of mediocre arcade ports and the latter where FPS exploded. Video games will always be mostly garbage requiring you to do research to find what's good. There was no 100% golden age and if you insist there is, you're a retard.

>rent game
>it's shit
>stuck with some trash game until you return it

>look up game online
>it's shit
>avoid playing a shit game and all you lost were the 50 seconds it took the look the game up

No, you're right it was so much better back in muh good ol days

>1998
>for months are expensive and some humor on that SNES games are not always and some humor on to buy that SNES game are >expensive and some humor on the train out of town to buy the train out of town the journey home
>read the train out of town to buy the train out of town the train out of to play it a lot
>be care expensive and some and locallytip

>16
>no mand in secons anymore spoice
>a lot on be deluxe, edie downlots on sed games, intery access)
>bad jew edit games of mes, in second humble in secons meditionds
>no market witions (devery anymore secon games mearly anymore games mes
>no med in sed the sales most for ded the man
I feel of tu

I'm not even necessarily talking about the 90s, though I think it holds there too. Even into the 6th gen, mostly on the PS2, you had libraries that included medium budget titles that were often somewhat unique, if not always necessarily great. They didn't need to sell so many copies to justify investment and a discerning buyer could often find a novel, but full, game to play for a good price. Shovelware has always existed, but my point is that there used to be other games between those and AAA titles. For whatever reason, development costs probably, the 7th gen killed this segment of developers. The only things that really qualify today are niche releases that can rely on a fanbase to always buy their games.

I thought you were going to blog about your current life but everything you said about 2016 is true.

Fuck

welcome to the modern world

i just giggled while playing with my penis as i read this. off yourself

Did anyone else read this post? This shit is incredible.

>WAHH NO FUN ALLOWED

It's definitely gotten better. Now I know which games are shit or not because of Cred Forums, and vidya as a hobby doesn't destroy my wallet. Nostalgiafags kys

It was just GTA 5 that disappointed me with the manual. Usually it's a neat tourist book but for 5 you were just old to download the app

Xseed is a solid publisher, the fact the manuals are english only is icing on the cake because fuck pandering to quebec. The popsicle frogs don't even play video games anyways.

>really having to try to find everything without simply being able to look it up. Our entire society just decided delayed gratification was over rated
>this guy acting like game players weren't always like that

It's just easier now with the internet. Before the net, there were strategy guides and print-out faqs from shit like AOL. Magazines. Ninendo players' guides. And every company had their own toll-call tiplines to cash in on people wanting easy answers to puzzles and shit.

>it's another "user looks back to the past with rose-tinted glasses episode"
You aren't even being subtle about it.

>someone makes valid points about the declining quality of almost everything in the western world since 9/11

>DUDE ROSETINTED GLASSES LMAO

Maybe you aren't even old enough to remember 9/11.

Who used to take a shit and read the manual ?

Member ps2?
I grew up with snes but ps2 had the widest variety of shit.
Such a good console.
Too bad sony sucks shit now.

that was over 30 years ago

is this a symbol of hate?