youtube.com/watch?v=Eqf-gcOp7bI
youtube.com/watch?v=LfW7MlNmVMM
youtube.com/watch?v=AuvcCvRMbU8
youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0
youtube.com/watch?v=UrigcA6oLaA
youtube.com/watch?v=3KLdl1cikgs
youtube.com/watch?v=RW3bsU_9rwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That runs worse than Star Fox though. At it's a fraction of the poly count.

Also with shit sound, worse framerate, and empty levels. Fucking retard.

Yeah, but that looks like shit. The soundtrack is pretty dope tho.

because the game is incomplete.
Better frame rate

>nintendrones

>first two replies are absolute garbage
Don't worry about them OP, ResQ is a pretty cool game. Shame it was unreleased though.

Reminder that genesis is doing this WITHOUT ANY SPECIAL CHIPS

:)

Unless the recording is bad, that framerate is noticeably worse than Star Fox.

the prototype can be downloaded

it's stable 30fps

>without slowdown
Son, are you retarded?

Maybe you should link a video of it running at 30 fps then.

OP you have to realize you're dealing with a board of underage people who have never played Star Fox on a real SNES.

They don't understand that even though Star Fox is smooth on an emulator it runs at like 10 FPS on real hardware.

Don't expect them to realize also that the SNES needed an add-on SuperFX chip to do Star Fox, while the Genesis could do polygons on the base console itself.

>console wars for 30 year old systems

Shouldn't you be baiting at /vr/, gramps? Nobody cares about your poorfag childhood.

The sound is shit. There's nothing you can do to say otherwise.

2 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=CyLy_x6dY44

30fps no slowdown at all

>The sound is shit. There's nothing you can do to say otherwise.
It sounds fine, calm down faggot

Virtua Racing does use a special chip on its cart though, the SVP.

Come on Cred Forums.

There's some pretty noticeable slowdown when he goes through the rings.

well that's the only game that uses it
Genesis does better music and graphics without any chip and all shooters have almost 0 slowdown

It does what Nintendon't!

That 5 seconds looks a lot better, but it doesn't change the fact that it'll always be unfinished and terrible. The music is pretty fucking rockin' though.
THANKS SEGA and TEMPEST.

Who gives a fuck?

Bitter sega fags

>Sound channels
Trying to deny the fact that the sound board in the Genesis wasn't complete shit with moar sound channels.

You're just a Genesis fanboy.

Genesis can sound pretty good, but only if the technician is good (Yuzo Koshiro, for example).
Get any regular 3rd party shovelware and the sound will be ass.
Same for SNES, people like Nobuo Uematsu and David Wise could make it sound incredible, but 3rd party shovelware sounds awful.
Both systems do different things, and they both have the potential to be very good or awful.

>0 slowdown

Not zero, a lot of Sega games, including shmups, have slowdown. It's not even that big of a deal, some games just have slowdown even on their original PCB arcade. You kids who read specs on wikipedia and try to come off as connoiseurs on internet boards need to stop memeing for a while. You weren't even alive when these consoles were new. And if you actually were and you're still sperging over it, you need to rethink your whole life. You don't really like video games if you don't like both Genesis and SNES, you just want to defend your shitty childhood.

>does better music

most genesis games show over 70 colors not 62.

there are better 3rd party games with better music than Nintendo
All Data East, Technosoft and Konami games have superb music superior to the ones on SNES

FM synth > low-quality sampling

>most genesis games show over 70 colors not 62.

In theory Genesis can do up to 192 colors because you can set shadow (darker) / highlight (lighter) versions of the original 64 colors.

But that still puts a limit on your palette. You have a maximum of 64 completely independent colors.

This, holy kek.

I'll remind you that Square are also 3rd party.

Stop with the silly console wars user, it's been almost 3 decades now.
Both of them are "shitty" by today's standards.

>even though Star Fox is smooth on an emulator
I own PAL Star Wing and even at 50hz it's still smoother than the video in the OP. Not to mention OP's video is also a rom running in an emulator so that argument applies just the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=sleBRd6WSfE

youtube.com/watch?v=E0VnVUDlfOI

There is simple one answer: superior sound quality

Konami barely made games for Sega because they hated them. In general 3rd parties, especially the big ones like Capcom, Square, Namco, didn't support Sega. Sega back then is what Nintendo is now.

>There is simple one answer

Me want you learn english

star fox is only playable with superfx overclock hack

>I own PAL Star Wing and even at 50hz it's still smoother than the video in the OP

So do I, and that's bullshit. It really is about the same. Obviously there's more detail though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zbx6RaaqNoY

redditor grammar corrector

every fucking time

Rather than grammar, that's a syntax problem.

>In general 3rd parties, especially the big ones like Capcom, Square, Namco, didn't support Sega. Sega back then is what Nintendo is now..

The fuck you weeaboo piece of shit? Japan is not the world.

Every single American and European developer and publisher preferred Sega over Nintendo.

Nobody favors Wii U. Nobody.

This is the true power of the genesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eqf-gcOp7bI

it reminds of every topic on reddit goes like this every time: "Ok I understand your point but AS A ENGLISH TEACHER I ...."

Should have used a better example OP

youtube.com/watch?v=LfW7MlNmVMM

>3D-ish stages with great music that gets really fucking hard later on
>followed by Contra style action stages

Lawnmower Man was fucking great.

Never went to reddit so I can't relate.

How is the SNES version in comparison?

SO THIS..... IS THE POWER.... OF THE SUPER NINTENDO.... UNASSISTED .... BY ANY CHIPS ....

youtube.com/watch?v=AuvcCvRMbU8

Wow that music sounds so hype!
Oh wait a second, I was thinking of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0

>A ENGLISH

No slow down because it ran permanently slow.

Also, less polygons.

Less impressive/fun. If you have to play I would honestly say the MD version is the way to go, even the Sega CD version isn't as good.

Holy shit, the SNES version literally rapes that. Listen to the BGM on SNES, youtube.com/watch?v=UrigcA6oLaA

What is this trying to prove?

Fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=3KLdl1cikgs

>but without slowdown

Pic related: you

I disagree. The music of the MD version fits the style of the game so much better, the SNES version is far too safe in comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=RW3bsU_9rwY

Ya blind? Pretty obvious the SNES version is lower resolution and less detailed.

>"without slowdown"
>is slowed down

Anyone know why the 32x sounded worse than a Genesis? Does the 32x have any games with good music besides Afterburner?

>Anyone know why the 32x sounded worse than a Genesis?

It doesn't use any 32X features + the Doom port was almost literally coded in a day.

Proof MegaDrive/Genesis fans are retarded

And you're a fanboy. I gave my reasons as preference, not fact, yet here you are, mad as fuck, that someone dared to speak against the almighty SNES. Fucking kek user why do I get the feeling you own a PS4?

Genesis to SNES ports aren't anymore fair than SNES to Genesis ports.

One of the game's developers said the SNES version had the upper hand when it comes to some effects,like the scrolling on the stampede stage.
Ultimately both SNES and Genesis versions of TLK are alright, with their pros and cons.

Toy Story was indeed inferior on SNES, it's even missing a level.

>Genesis does better music and graphics
I pity you, user. Your parents were too poor to afford a SNES, so you got stuck with a Genesis.

>Every single American and European developer and publisher preferred Sega over Nintendo.
This is a good thing for Nintendo.

who cares about that console kiddy shit, Wing Commander 3 beats them in graphical quality, game play, frames rate and story writing (FMV acting provided by A-list celebs)

PC Gaming shows that The Force IS With You, Always!

god damn this music is fuckin jammin