Its a defend your shitty hobby thread

>its a defend your shitty hobby thread

You're right, it's a shitty hobby, but it's my shitty hobby. /thread.

Calling a hobby shit is like calling a certain flavor of chip shit. You don't like it and don't eat it, but someone else does. And to that person, your favorite flavor chip is shit. The point is, who gives a shit about justifying when you could just enjoy yourself and not worry yourself with the interests of others. But it's probably like a deep seated human trait that we're all obsessed with everyone else so saying this is pointless

u really gonna play games forever? grow up senpai

People that play video games are fucking pathetic.

I'm a child that goes on defense for any criticism of my shitty hobby. There's a lot shit wrong with video games.

I enjoy playing video games and think they're fun

Are you talking about CIS white men?

I'm married, I don't have to impress anyone

Every time I see my old best friend on facebook, in a suit with his 9/10 gf in some dress I wish I listened to all the people that told me to grow up.

These days I just get mad at dota and wait for my life to lead me nowhere.

I don't understand. Every normie I know drinks and binges Netflix to kill time. How is video games any different.

>he plays mobas
That's a whole different cup of tea there friendo

You think I wanted to become what I am?

I used to be into other games, but then dota sucked me in. Its a hole you can't escape from.

They are shit.

At least they're learning something while you press buttons like a fucking monkey.

I'd love to see you defend why you spend time here

Money is just easy street to gold diggers. You can enjoy vidya as your primary time waster and still "grow up" with pretty good job. Shit, a good trade will more than pay for your hobbies. Even an apprenticeship pays decent while you learn, it's just ball busting work for 8-10 hours a day. Go be an electrician or a plumber, become a master within 6-8 years and make high 5 figures if not low 6 if you create your own business.

I did, I played it for 11 years but stopped this winter. Realized that I didn't like the way it plays anymore, too much gold, too many items.

this is literally my only form of social contact
I have a couple of very close friends that I see sometimes and my family is close to me, but other than those few people I absolutely loath communicating with people I've never met

at least try next time

People should balance video games with a productive hobby too. Anything that involves creating something or fixing or whatever, just because it develops real world skills.

Playing only video games can get boring, and you don't want a hobby you enjoy to become boring.

I wonder why someone like you would have no friends
hmmmmm

who the fuck are you to say? you don't know me

I bet you thought that was a clever analogy