Why does Cred Forums think Majora's mask is better than Ocarina of time?

Why does Cred Forums think Majora's mask is better than Ocarina of time?

Is it because Oot is more popular?

I enjoyed Majora more than Ocarina. But they both are one of my fave games.

No, because Majora's Mask is better.

They are two halves to a whole that is far greater than the sum of their parts.
Truly the perfect vidya duo.

vocal minority

MM is the most different zelda, so if you want to be a contrarian it's the obvious choice. It's also uncoincidentally a fucking chore to play.

I love both but Majora's Mask is 2deeper4me

>a fucking chore to play

This is the main thing I remember about the game when I initially played it years ago.

I've been on a giant Zelda kick lately, and I'm debating skipping MM. Something about the game feels off to me the whole time.

I enjoyed MM more that OoT, but I don't plan on playing either again.

lorefags like it because there's a lot of ambiguity in its backstory and world

its like chrono trigger and cross a bit

people didn't like the differences

I wouldn't necessarily say I give a shit about lore. I care about novelty.

I have come to appreciate Majora's Mask for its novelty just because the same shit keeps getting recycled from OOT for other Zelda games. Which is weird saying since Majora had recycled OOT's digital assets to even have a game made.

Neither, link between worlds is best zelda

But Cred Forums loves Majora more.

It wins every "best zelda" poll.

Oh wait, I saw "Why does Cred Forums" and "More popular" and assumed you were talking about OoT, not Cred Forums being hipsters.

when i was i kid the whole idea of having a "time limit" to explore the world was a huge bummer to me

and constantly losing all your progress sucked when you had to play the song of time.

i understand what they were going for with the game. and it did actually work the way they wanted it to. They created a world where every character in the game had their own agenda based on the time of day and 3 day cycle.

However, this aspect of being constricted by time to explore the world, I feel, goes against the basic idea that zelda was based upon. The game is made for kids. and kids want to be able to explore the world in wonderment and at their leisure. The inclusion of the 3 day time limit ruins this aspect

I still think it is a great game. But it is definitely the black sheep of the zelda series. I personally enjoyed ocarina of time much more. And i actually played and owned majora's mask first.

Was it /ss/?

Why does everyone call him Link?

Mine was named Josh.

It's like an expansion pack or third act of Ocarina, taking everything the former did right (Except item variety because fuck arrows) and expanding on it. The only thing is they don't share the same world and only a few of the characters like Skull Kid and the HMS (Though a few characters act like their alternate selves anyway), it just continues directly on from Ocarinas ending.

>definitely the black sheep of the zelda series

for me it's because
>better stories
>better dungeons, the only 3D Zelda with no bad dungeons
>better side-quests
>masks were fun to mess with
>removed shitty equipment system for superior multi-purpose racial masks
>world is more dynamic because of the timer
>Termina field > Hyrule field
>Tatl a cute

as far as I'm concerned it is exactly how a sequel should be handled
but opinions ect.

is one thing to recycle OOT assets due to a rushed game release and is another thing to recycling OOT concept and story, the graphics will be better but it will still feel like another OOT game unlike MM that stands on its own

Because it's edgy and I'm not afraid to admit it. When you take an established icon and twist it in such a dark way, you start to appreciate the greater sense of storytelling and worldbuilding.

Honestly more franchises should do this. When you take something with a strong image and do a 180 on the themes, you realize how well the concepts and values seem in contrast.

A similar example is Senran Kagura Burst for the 3ds. Through marketing of giant anime titties your expectation of the game is nothing less than weebshit. However the story gets pretty deep in some places, and because it takes itself seriously, the juxtaposition of fan service with engaging stories brings out the best of both worlds.

It's a shame they stopped soing this in the rest of the franchise though. Burst is still the best game because it took itself so seriously. The same applies for majoras mask. We need light hearted zeldas every now and then to appreciate the darker ones.

I like Majora's Mask more because it feels really different, and unlike the formula that has become pretty standard since Link to the Past where you find some shiny rocks, some shit happens in the middle, and then you find some more shiny rocks and then kill Gannondorf

>MM is the most different zelda
Playing it for the first time now. It's just more of the same after playing OOT.
The "most different" would probably be Zelda 2.

Only in retrospect. The overall Black sheep, not counting the CDI games, is probably Four Swords Adventures.

Zelda II has contributed more to the Zelda series than Majora's Mask could ever hope to.

The only people who call it the "black sheep" of the series are underage kids who started playing Zelda with Ocarina or later.

>implying something being a black sheep makes it bad

>Four Swords Adventures

At first I thought you meant the multiplayer thing on the LttP Advance or whatever, but then I remembered it was an actual Gamecube game

I enjoyed MM a lot more than OoT, and I know that may sound odd, but hear me out. I think OoT is a great game, but I enjoyed the end of the world feeling MM got down, I knwo OoT had better dungeons but MMs focus wans't on those, it was on healing the wounds others left behind, OoT had no cool jumping from platform animation, but MM did, the side quests in MM were radical and OoT s were boring, I don't really play gamses for story, so I'm going to ignore that. MM had the best designs for hte Mirrow shield, Kokiri Sword, and featuered a more compitent Link, plus Termina>Hyrule, just no reason against it. Also the MM soundtrack is better and the atmostphere and what not