Pretend to be good at games and make fun of easy games to fit in on Cred Forums

>pretend to be good at games and make fun of easy games to fit in on Cred Forums
>am actually bad at games and play on easy and completely avoid tough games like dark souls, puzzle games, and strategy games
who /againstthegrain/ here?

Everyone in my guild thinks I'm some pro mlg player even though all I do is just read guides and do what the best players are doing.

>completely avoid tough games like dark souls
Is that still a thing?

Is that a mouse

is what what

Am I the only one who ignores Dark Souls purely because it's a Monster Hunter knockoff? I can't get into it, feels objectively worse.

>Make a shitty "What should I expect?" thread to clog up the catalog
>Already know what I'm in for and just made it for the potential (you)'s
Who devilish poster here?

Without using buzzwords explain how Dark Souls is MH knockoff. It almost seems youve played neither game.

>Monster Hunter knockoff
Except Dark Souls is actually fun and MH is a shitty grindfest.

I still suck memelee. But Luigi is so much fun to give up

lol dark souls is the literal fucking antithesis of fun, you tasteless little shit

My family seems to think I'm the most skilled at video games compared to them because I outplay them at everything, but honestly, I'm just mediocre as fuck and I tend to get lucky a lot.

>mindless grinding ad nauseam
>fun

lmao senpai!

>Never got a chance to play many video games as a kid because I was poor and didn't have a computer for emulating
>Eventually got a craptop
>Of course it couldn't play modern games and I was too lazy to play older ones
>Have a semi-decent computer and access to consoles I normally wouldn't have because my roommate lets me use them
>Too lazy to play anything
>Fucking hate let's plays and the like so I don't bother with those
>Just shitpost on Cred Forums all day and only play the same small selection of games I'm familiar with
A good chunk of what I know about video games is shit I've read on Cred Forums over the past 8 years or so.

you must have terrible, just awful taste.

>dedicated roll button as the primary method of avoiding attacks
>chugging healing potions leaves you vulnerable
>large boss enemies that can often one/two shot you that take awhile to kill
>stamina system that affects attacks as well as evading
>clunky camera that requires "the claw" to properly position the camera as you are running around an enemy
>slow, deliberate attacks that require you to think about positioning

I could probably name more similarities, but most of my complaints are directed at how alike the gameplay is. You could be cheeky and point out the items that give you fireballs, but that's just arguing sementics, and it's gay to argue sementics.

It's okay I suppose. I play games that are fun.

>He says this as he continues to grind Zinogre for the 150th time to finally be able to craft one single piece of armor.

Yea man, you must be having a blast.

>grinding Zinogre for anything

You sure showed that guy user.

>implying people don't grind Zinogre for the Usurper weapons

Don't talk to me pleb.

Actually I will imply it, his weapons are pretty mediocre overall. His edgy brother on the other hand is actually somewhat useful.

See your mistake was looking at it from a stat perspective.
It's all about that bling son.

Why do dumb frogposters love punchfrog so much?

I'm the exact opposite, I'm extremely frustrated at how easy games have gotten in recent years, even dark souls has gotten easier as the series went on.

Give me a fucking challenge.

The worst part is that many games try to act like they have challenge in their harder mode. Spoiler alert: adding more enemies and giving them more health doesn't fucking count as a difficulty increase, can you be any lazier?

I'm mostly the same.
>Grew up with few games and no emulation
>parents didn't let me play games during the school year
>fast forward
>craptop can't play modern games but can emulate
>have PS3
>hate Let's Plays
>too busy with uni and other hobbies for vidya

Most of my knowledge of games comes from Cred Forums and retronauts, I haven't played a lot of the games I actually talk about here.

>even dark souls has gotten easier as the series went on.
This is wrong.
It got "easier" because it's the same fucking thing with a new coat of paint. The series as a whole is far from hard.

I would have agreed with you last month after I had finished DS3, however, going back and playing Demon Souls, and DS1, those games were much, much harder, not all that hard, but much harder,

A lot of the changes in the newer games at face value feel like they're quality of life changes, for example, being able to teleport from bonfires right out the gate, but what it really does is allow you to skip hours of fighting over the course of the entire game.

No, Dark Souls has certainly gotten harder.

Er, I meant easier, obviously.

>Threads undoubtedly started as ironic threads
>4chinchin is so redditedified and normie-ified that some of the threads are created by 12 year old redditor normies that thought it was a legit question to ask and part of """"board culture""""

>HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ON Cred Forums, GET OUT NORMIE.

Yeah man, go get 'em.

Have you tried (real) roguelikes yet?

A couple, none of them were really enjoyable, though the challenge was there. What do you recommend? Currently enjoying darkest dungeon, it's fairly hard, though some of the elements of management are a bit of a turn off to me. Would love something more kinetic.

You can start a thread normally without having to resort to "what am I in for?" "what should I expect?" really shows the terrible state Cred Forums is in when you have to bait Cred Forums into discussing video games.

I think it's kinda the opposite, a lot of us come here for discussion and look through the catalog for something to catch our eye, where-as people who actually START THREADS tend to be shit posters trying to bait certain types of responses.

All in all, it doesn't matter if the thread's start is shit, as long as real discussion occurs within.

nothing wrong with that, though you should be honest with your guild and link them to the guides so they can do better too, that is unless you need validation from strangers online.

>that is unless you need validation from strangers online.

Where do you think you are?

I cheat at every single player game I play, if I can't cheat I just uninstall it.
I really like to be rich and powerful and stomp the computer.

>Play mobile games
>Watch streamers play casual shit
Real video games died years ago.
I've already earned my stripes, so I don't really care what anyone thinks.

MH was pretty fun but now it's owned by nintenshit.
I'm not investing in a company who's target audience is preteens, man-children and pony fuckers.

Piece of shit genre.
Just a re-skinned slot machine.
Difficulty = % chance of getting a usable roll
And it quickly becomes a press A cinematic.

Muh dick when I replayed r-type final several years ago.
Felt like an ideal level of difficulty and skill.

>Nintendo targeting pony fuckers

Elaborate

One in the same.

I'm laughing on the outside but I also feel empty inside.

>there are people who go into department stores and take pictures of other people so they can post them online and laugh at them
really makes u think
senpai
try playing the final world in SM3DW and get back to me

>try playing the final world in SM3DW and get back to me
Flashbacks of my friend telling me
>Just watch one more episode of mlp