Playstation 4 Pro pre-orders are dangerously low: Sony on suicide watch

All these initial PS4 sales don't seem to be working out for Sony this gen.

A Gamestop executive revealed that the PS4 Pro has the lowest pre order count of any game console the company has ever seen. Even less then the Wii U.

PS4 Pro is going to bomb. No one is talking about it, and there clearly isn't a market for it. Reminder that Sony is going to continue putting out these things that no one wants for the next few years, on top of shit like PSVR, PSNow, and Vue.

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/sony_pleasantly_surprised_by_strong_ps4_pro_pre-orders
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>source: my ass

Source: pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/sony_pleasantly_surprised_by_strong_ps4_pro_pre-orders

>Playstation 4 Pro pre-orders are dangerously low
>sony_pleasantly_surprised_by_strong_ps4_pro_pre-orders
???

>Link does not exist

Only proving my point.

The fact that NO ONE is talking about Pro more than speaks for itself.

It literally appeals to no one.

>muh 4k muh silky smooth 60fps
The only people that care about this are PC gaymers who 1.) would never buy a console and 2.) do not play video games.

>>Link does not exist
But it does.
Have you tried opening it?

>being this retarded

>link doesnt exist
HURRRRRRRR

Shitposting doesnt made a effort these days

Because it is fucking stupid to get one knowing that scorpio is out next year

I just got a brand new ps4 with 6 games and an extra controller for $400. Why the fuck would anyone get the pro when we know it doesnt do 4k

Atleast read the fucking thread retard

Im saving my money for a scorpio. I havent used the regular ps4 in a while, next time ill turn it on is for gravity rush.

nobody even owns a 4k TV. Why do you care about 4k?

Well even most normies aren't retarded enough to buy a new PS4 while they bought the old one just few months ago, especially if all the games will still come out on their old PS4.

I own a 4k TV. I really care more about HDR though than the res

last week i asked Cred Forums if i should get a pro or slim to play ffxv and overwhelmingly the opinion was to get a pro....

you guys need to make your mind up

>OP

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>Original Poster

Imagine the fucking retarded kid trying to sell this idea to his parents for Christmas or something after they already bought him one last year.

You definitely shouldn't get that ffxv garbage.

I don't really care one way or another, but hasn't that been the way they've marketed it from the beginning? The pro is the alternative option for people who want to spend the extra dough, and get a slight bump in visuals, while the vanilla is the normie box that sells in big numbers.

>playstation sellers: consoles, games, store credit
>xbox sellers: games
>nintendo sellers: toy dolls with the quality of a mcdonalds happy meal toy that you shove up your ass

lmao

MS markeing Pajeets hard at work.

>PSVR

That shit's sold out everywhere. I'm not sure what you're smoking there.

Sony might want to cut the chord on Pro fast as possible, I wouldn't mind of they pushed the eject button.

It's not like sonyggers have anything else to waste their money on

How about wait until both of those things are actually released before asking, you fucking retard.

I have no idea why I'm laughing so hard at the nintendo bit. Probably because is so goddamn right.

>Sold out

Remember when people said the same thing about Oculus?

It was sold out because stores didn't order them because no one buys that shit.

Why i like those games

Don't worry, Japan is preordering all the ps4pro because they are retarded drones.

>2.) do not play video games.
That's PS4 users though.

Unless the games start to run like absolute dogshit on the regular PS4, i think the slim is a better deal.
Cheaper, silent and as 4k is a laggy meme,you will only get any actually good improvement on pro on the games where the developers arent faggots and offer a 60fps/1080p option as well.

Cred Forums mods won't delete a blatant shitposting thread.

What's even sadder is very few children own a Wii U

Do we know if the Pro is noisy?

>expecting them to do their jobs
user, this isnt like 2004-2006
times have changed

Has Sony ever made a quiet machine? I've owned them all and I genuinely don't think so.

>Before and just after Pro announcement
>"4K gaming 60 fps! Mustards lose again!"
>After finding out it's all bullshit
>"Only PCucks care about that junk!"

Every time.

Tons of people do. It's getting more and more difficult to get a 50+ inch TV that isn't 4K

The PS2 third revision is silent. I think that's the only one.

Good. Serves those dumbasses right for pulling the incremental console versions shit in the first place.

Their biggest problem was still calling it a PS4, if they wanted it to sell while calling it a PS4 they should have called it the PS4 Ultra or PS4 Alpha, something that really catches your attention

Hell, even PS4 Neo sounded better.
What the fuck were they thinking with PS4 Pro? It's not a fucking PDF reader.

I still don't know if it will improve the fps issues with games like Bloodborne.
I never tried to find out outside of Cred Forums though.

>ps2 Helps push dvds to mass market
>Ps3/4 helps push bluray to mass market

>ps4pro there's no need for 4k bluray player as there's no market for it.

Mean while the xboxone is only selling cause it has a 4k bluray player. is there a company more out of touch then sony?

from can't code for shit so it might actually play at locked 30 fps I doubt it'll get higher as physics is tied to fps in most from engines and tend to fuck things up when they go higher

CPU is exactly the same. Only the GPU upgraded.

One user compared it to a horse shoving his dick inside a squirrel.

Bloodborne has multiplayer functionality. Sony said they wouldn't allow alterations to framerate in multiplayer games so Pro players "won't be at an advantage".

>horse shoving his dick inside a squirrel
Like that's a bad thing

Wut

By my personal experiences with shoving horse dicks into squirrels, improving the GPU generally improves the maximum resolution the computer can reach regardless of how fast the CPU is, because its a GPU only weight.
Same can be said about screen shaders, geometry count etc etc etc...

So it IS a way to reach higher resolutions like 1440p, but if the game have shit frame rate due the CPU, the frame rate will stay the same.

What is the point? There are still no exclusives i want other than Bloodbourne and Disgaea

I'm actually glad to hear this. Even less reason to buy a Pro now.

>He doesn't know that the adoption rate for Steaming outpaces Blu Ray disc
>He doesn't know that high internet bandwidth adoption rate is faster than HDR Blu Ray
>Implying Sony didn't try for 8 years with the PS3

Well unless your ISPs are cartel like then you're fucked.

Are there ISPs that aren't cartels?

100% deserved, fuck them. i hope thid shit bombs hard

What is "tons", compared to the entire human race? It's fucking nothing. Nobody owns that garbaj.

because i already bought a ps4 for bloodborne
and i aint buying another just to get a stable 30 fps in it

Not in the US. You would think that anti monopoly laws would take affect because its gotten ridiculously bad.

Probably all they can do within the price limit.

o

Well there are some comepetitive ISPs in EU, Korea and Japan.

That's what happens when you let companies fill the pockets of the men in charge, suddenly law can be written to get around their business

I'm not sure if that's the case.
The jaguar cores have very short pipelines, so its possible they're running as fast as they can, and replacing em by better cores would probably break the compatibility with quite a few games.

But they could add more jaguar cores, they're tiny.

Because everyone already owns a PS4.

Only people getting a PS4 Pro are people who don't have/want a gaming PC but are sick to death of the shitty performance on a lot of games on their PS4. Which is a pretty fucking niche audience. Sadly I fall into this niche.

Where's the WiiU on that list? :^)

Just wait nintendo release the WiiU pro.

>An obvious cash grab of an upgrade of a console that came out to the market too soon does better than the WiiU

How many reports does it take for a shit eating janitor to delete a thread?

I'm still on the fence

I don't have a PS4 so I'd obviously get a pro since it's only $100 more, but the main question is if I even need one. I pretty much just want to play FFXV at this point, which I know will come to PC eventually. I just don't want to wait that long for what will undoubtedly be a shitty port

They could just patch in the ability later.

>nintendo seller description

When did everything go so wrong

There has to be other games you would want. I really don't understand how people have such limited taste like that.

Don't worry, they'll fake the sale numbers and/or claim numbers don't matter, just like always.

Cool. Proof?

Does the PS4 even have any exclusives other than Bloodborne

I already have a PS and I'm pretty happy with it, don't see the need to upgrade. I like my PC,but I prefer to play on my PS for no real reason

this. I haven't owned a console since the Wii but I know this thread's made by the same drones who're shilling forza right now.

yea look them up

The alleged number of PS4 buyers is fake. I should know, I work in marketing and its such a common practice, I don't even have to double check to see if it's true. The complete lack of evidence for said number of buyers is more than enough proof, once you get to know how companies market their products.

So, no proof?

Technically speaking, even regular ole 1080p requires 10-20GB for near-lossless video quality. 4K is four times that. """HD""" streaming is cancer.

You want proof? Look at the so-called "graphs" Sony made about its PS4 users. Companies love to make graphs and quotes as "proof" for their claims, because it works and everyone does it.

Again, no proof? Present me proof.

gravity daze 2 in 2 months
nioh
last guardian

>>ps4pro there's no need for 4k bluray player as there's no market for it.
you have to be kidding right?

4k blu ray and hdr SHIT over the 1080p versions in terms of raw bandwidth increases alone not to meantion expanded color space

Fuck having a shit 1080p screen if i had the money to drop on hdr i would

you would need about 40Mb down to stream 4k
if you live in america and don't have comcast or time warner you aren't getting that

Microsoft said the same about Quantum Break and then released it to steam

>Haven't upgraded from my shitty low quality Chinese knockoff brand TV from nine years ago
>Went out and brought a 4k HDR-compatible TV because fuck it PS4Pro just around the corner
>mfw the difference
Shame there's not many visually stunning PS4 games that take advantage of it

Give it another 5 years.

Sounds neat, so why buy the console now, then?

My 10 year old PS2 slim is still as silent as a trickle of running water, not even the periodic vent phases are loud.

>"""HD""" streaming is cancer.
Yet the brain dead normies have no clue and are perfectly happy with it.
Plus if I'm going to buy a movie or tv show, I want to actually own it.

>4k hdr tv
How are you watching the content?

Hey man I'm cool with 1080p content on a bigass screen

I'm just ready for 4k when it does become more common

but 1080p looks like ass on a 4k screen

I want to get a PS4 Pro (the name is still fucking retarded) because I'm also going to buy a new 4k TV soon. I just hope it's worth it. And framerate is important, no matter how much you shitpost about it.

You checked how much input lag your tv does when doing 4k hdr?
Some tvs are absolutely HORRIBLE at this. shooting over 100ms.
Even cinematic experiences get bad to use at this ratio.

>literally everyones answer when i talk to them about it

"meh ill just wait til the PS5"

In the same way 480 looks awful in 1080p. It sucks, but you don't let it get to you.

It's bad for the squirrel.

>So it IS a way to reach higher resolutions like 1440p, but if the game have shit frame rate due the CPU, the frame rate will stay the same.

Well, so much for Bloodborne getting better FPS

I have PS Now and I'm enjoying it.

>dont have 4K TV
>dont have HDR capable TV
>implying I'd buy one in the next 3 years

Why are they pushing this shit so much anyway? And why is everyone buying into it?

Pretty much.

Of course, they could just well, optimize the damn thing and release a patch to increase the frame rate for all devices.

But that as likely as konami releasing a new kid dracula for PS4.

>exactly the same
>30% faster

Pick one.

Some games will be better on your current tv, because devs have the freedom to decide what they will actually do with the extra grunt, and tomb raider for example will have a 1080p/ 60fps mode.

literally why does it not have qhd output

Great, it'll die even faster.

That's the proper response. Why buy an entire console for a single GPU upgrade? Why not just release the GPU for your to install?

50 inch 1080p TV's are cheap and you still need a gtx 1070 to max it. 4K just isn't there yet.

Yes, it's a huge difference my fellow buyers

Waiting for it to be released so I can buy a normal ps4 dirt cheap

You are retarded. Do you even know the prices of 4K TVs nowadays? Go look it up on Amazon. Even shit companies make cheap 4K TVs.

>releasing an inter gen console
honestly i hope it bombs, i hope it bombs so fucking hard, theres no way this isnt collusion between sony and Microsoft to rape us for every penny we have. its the same price as the original for christ sakes, why wasn't it released as the ps4? literally no reason other than collusion between sony and microsoft, they both release shitty under powered consoles, then they both release better ones for the exact same price as the originals, and no one can point the finger at either company and call them bad, and both companies make an insane amount of profit

That's fine by me. I abandoned Sony after the shitshow that was ps3. Mind you I still have my ps3 and play it.

Hopefully we see massive price drops and I can pick up one for cheap to play single player stuff.

> I abandoned Sony after the shitshow that was ps3. Mind you I still have my ps3 and play it.
>PS3 was so shit
>lol I'm still playing my PS3 in 2016

>Hopefully we see massive price drops and I can pick up one for cheap to play single player stuff.

Be honest, you didn't abandon Sony. You are just too poor for the PS4.

This is whats stopping me from upgrading

my internet is only 25mbit at the best of times so thats 4k streaming and downloading out

I miss expansion slots on consoles, Im not buying an entire new PS4 for an incremental upgrade.

as someone who bought one literally days before the announcement i seriously cannot contain my rage. theres no way anyone could have seen this shit show coming outside of satire

No, that too. But I promised myself after the bullshit Sony pulled during the ps3 run I would do my best to not directly support the company.

I've been a Sony fan since psx. Sony has always been my console of choice, with Nintendo coming second. But I'm fed up with corporate bullshit in gaming.

So I'll wait til the pro is cheap and I can get it second hand.

And I said I liked the ps3. Its a great console with good games. Its Sony's handling of its company I dislike.

I too hope it bombs

but it will succeed and be a standard for the next few consoles
Sonyggers eat every shit that sony spits out
They're like Applefollowers but worse

Besides all the rumors and Microsoft themselves doing it? No, you're retarded.

>The only people that care about this are
normal people that are enthusiastic about their hobby

I have already planned to buy it for FFXV.
Since FFXV goes out on the 29th, there is no need to preorder.
I'm not going to give them free interest on my money for no reason.

are you retarded?
not the entire human race is not the target audience for the PS4pro either you retard

well PS4 does not offer any other good games, games like Bloodborne and FFXV have better alternatives on PC desu

>it's a nintendo shitposting thread

fuck off nintoddlers. Sony's gonna surpass your fischer price cell phone