How is it?

How is it?
Is it a proper, serious rpg because they finally got good writer and composer, or still some kiddy shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyaPqTg3d8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better, but hard to accurately judge since it is only the first act.

>want to replay enchanced edition with dual lone wolves (aka harder mode) on tactician
>replay like 6 times because it's so brutal after the nerfs and balance changes and difficulty increases

FUCK THE SAME 2 HOURS OF QUESTING ON THE INITIAL CITY ONLY TO FAIL REPEATEDLY

Is it really that difficult? Me and a friend played through it twice once on the classic when it first came out and again on enhanced tactician both double lone wolf and we never had issues, Do you have hydrosophist atleast?

>videogame

No it's not a proper serious RPG.

How fucking bad are you at games? My brother and I are playing dual lone wolf on Tactician right now and it's still easy. The only times we die are when we get careless because we were so used to just fucking around when we had a party of 4 and still winning, but then we actually think for a second and blow it the fuck away.

you're ganged up by 7-8 enemies and your damage output is fucking shit(only 2 chars) unless you're a 2h warrior.

Only way I found it bearable was to craft a shitload of +1 constitution accessories asap and just get carried by gourmet chef perk (food heals 30% life, plus double stat boosts) and crafting medium health potions along with leech talent giving me tons of hp and scaling healing.

Hydrosophist healing is fucking shit compared to your total hp as a lone wolf.

>caring about the healing and not the health expansion

Fag

>dual
>lone wolves
Uhhh that's not how English works

fuck you bitch the writing and music have both always been the strongest part of the entire divinity series

The tone of this seems a bit darker, though there is still some tounge-in-cheek stuff like talking animals and with voice acting missing and only the first act playable I wouldn't judge it yet.

The soundtrack is good though

>they finally got good writer and composer,
implying that the first games composer (peace be upon him) wasn't good

youtube.com/watch?v=tyaPqTg3d8c

USE MORE GRENADES

Seriously, make one of your dudes a grenade user, use both feats.

The frost grenade is good the whole game. Especially if you hob nail all your boots.

They nerfed a lot of the good skills/talents/spells in EE.

they still think they're funny, only now it's turned up to 11. insufferable.

It is when you aren't a fucking ignorant faggot. Lone Wolf is the name of the perk.

>you have TWO characters
>lone wolf trait can be used on both characters

You are a fucking idiot, oh wait you were just trolling.

here's a (You). happy?

>nerfed

Obviously not that much. I think I one shot the dragon at the end with an ice storm or something.

>not having one of your characters be an archer so you can use knock down and charm arrows to CC half the opponents for half the fights and do tons of AoE damage with shit like Rain of Arrows
>not having a mage to do even more CC and AoE and healing

It's not even hard.

It shouldn't work if there's another person in your party. The name makes no fucking sense if it still works with other people.

I disagree. Not saying the first original sin was bad but the corniness of the story definitely made it a lot harder to finish.

The game is hardest at the start. Later on when you have 5 accesories with +2 stats and fully crafted tenebrium shit and large healing potions/food which heals you for 60% max health for 5 action points as well as fully powered willpower/bodybuilding then obviously things aren't so hard.

The name means that you do not have control over any other character but your own.

It doesn't "work" with other people, it simply means that you are unable to recruit NPCs.

Yeah I killed the dragon with one flurry, it still did over 8000 damage in one hit. But the first half of the game is significantly harder because of the balance changes.

>spend 5 hours shop hunting and AFK scumming for inventory resets(plus level up resets) for antlers/drudanae to craft a billion knockdown arrows and charm arrows

yeah no.

Man, that was really lame. Especially since the fight with the mage bitch was much harder. (though still easy)

Well we played 2 elemental mages, i was witchcraft, hydrosophist and aerotheurge.
He was pyro and geo.

Probably the most important thing was pumping out summons early to soak up not damage but cc. Speed was our main focus because of losing glass cannon in EE tactician.

>A lone wolf is an animal or person that generally lives or spends time alone instead of with a group

Should not work when teamed up with others, AI or not. Shit trait name, shit design, shit game.

The fuck I care about your edgelord shit.

Are sexy armors back?

>Is it a proper, serious rpg because they finally got good writer and composer, or still some kiddy shit?
No. The writing is dogshit, since Larian are too retarded or arrogant to hire an actual writer and there's no Tactician mode in early access, so it's not even worth playing at this stage.

This is a "wait for the game to hit the bargain bin and buy for 10 bux" kind of game at best.

>it's not even worth playing at this stage
>early access

No shit.

No, I just buy all the knockdown arrows from all the shops in Cyseal when I go back to sell items and whatever (either when my inventory is over-full or after a level-up) coupled with Arrow Recovery so I get some of them back when I use them. No scumming or crafting involved at all, just purchasing items through naturally playing the game. I can't even imagine how bad you are at games or how the fuck you play DOS to think this way.

heres your (you)

2 maging tactician lone wolf is pretty tedious as youll just be summon tanking and wittling down enemies with CC as mage damage seriously falls off later on

2 archer is literally 3 hours of AFKing for inventory resets to buy every single antler/drudanae/fire flask for knockdowns, charms and explosion arrows

2 warrior is racing to get 4x constitution accessories so you can just outmuscle the enemies with leech + potion + five star chef food.

mixed feeling of fun and annoyance learning the limitations of having 2x lone wolves for tactician.

Not even trolling, it's fucking retarded. At the very least they should rename it to reflect how it actually works.

I played with a buddy and he microed himself and one companion and I did lone wolf 2h warrior

I turned into an awakened death god, which was a welcome change because base game Original Sin made me want to fucking KILL MYSELF with how garbage it was to be melee until I got lone wolf

Played the demo.
I was an elf that could eat people's flesh or something.
Killed people to eat their flesh.
Found out I can only eat certain people's flesh.

>as mage damage seriously falls off later on
>implying

Nigger, ice shards are fucked.

>I did lone wolf
>he still had one companion

?

I tried it and it erased both companions.

I'm doing that at the moment.
I'm honestly considering restarting and doing it without using grenades or summoning spells. I just left Cyseal and it's way too fucking easy.

>not mixing classes
>not having a tank and a damage dealer
>not having one of them splash magic for utility
>not wanting diversity in your team
>not valuing the utterly INSANE damage that archery skills do, especially the AoE ones

Lone Wolf only removes one companion. If you both go lone wolf than it's just two, but one person can take lone wolf and you'll still have a partner slot.provided the other one also doesn't take it

>can only think of 2x same class

Are you retarded?

>Lone Wolf only removes one companion

Not when I did it.

>They nerfed a lot of the good skills/talents/spells in EE.
Ok that probably explains it. I tried playing it again and my old strategy of coating the entire battle with oil before the fight started then lighting it all on fire and waiting for them to trek across the fire and killing them as they come out of the smoke didn't work so good.

Dunno what to tell you, man. I did it in OS and OSEE and I kept both my source hunters and my friend still had a slot to use Jahan or Wolgraf or whoever the fuck

Lone Wolf removes the character's ability to have a companion. You can give LW to just one character and still have a companion, or you can give it to both characters and have no companions.

>blonde slut betrays you

We fucking slaughtered her.

It was only after that I learned what the trigger was. Regardless she deserves death for being so fickle.

I can't wait to pick this game up when it goes on a sale. I love all the fucking goofy shit you can do in combat

>Braccus Rex summons his three sub-bosses at the start of the fight
>I have one character distract him in dialogue
>My other character takes the time to throw every candle in a large circle around where the big green boss spawns
>He pops up
>Is completely stuck
>Keeps emitting gas that explodes because he's surrounded by candles

It's kind of retarded that people in a conversation are immune to all damage though.

stop cheesin shit nigga

>getting a sneak attack in while people are distracted doing their "HURF DURF WE WILL END THE UNIVERSE" speech
>cheesing

All's fair in war.

That's just slightly different, enemies won't run into a fire if possible, but if you extend the fire to them they go full retarded again

>play the first game with my boyfriend
>not really a turn-based gamer, but go with it for his sake
>end up having a lot of fun because I can steal things and piss people off while still completing quests
>he gets mad when I do though because "you're not supposed to steal everything"
>eventually get to an orc boss in some beach area
>it's our second or third try because the fight is so tough
>I use my action points to buff a party member instead of saving them (even though I have plenty to spare)
>he outright flames me and tells me I'm a complete moron who should kill himself
>says I'm "completely incapable of critical thinking"
>immediately quits out of the game
>we don't talk for days afterwards

anyways, anyone wanna play? I've never finished this game and my other friends won't buy it because it's 20 bucks at its cheapest

Not if you're not going to save me, gaylord.

no no, he got mad because I buffed instead of saving my action points for the next round. the party member was fine, and was our highest damage dealer, which is why I buffed him in the first place

honestly whats the point of tactician mode anyways when mid late game always easy. Its like this for most crpgs with a hard difficulty option. When this games finally out ill play on normal.

Oh.

Well, still, my backlog is too heavy to sink another like 40 hours into DivOS. You have the right idea though you should fucking steal everything.

>Bamboozle some orc retard into showing me where his friend's grave is
>Distract him in a dialogue window and make him turn away from it as I desecrate the grave for the sweet armor

Are you still able to dual lone wolf this one? I just want to co-op the game like I did with the first one, no side characters cluttering up the battlefield with us.

>talking shit about Kirill
Honestly you're disgusting OP

You get a third of a challenging campaign instead of zero

On steam? EE or original?

the enhanced edition. but it comes with the original, so I have that too

I'll play some ee, I work weekends though so I really don't play on fri and sat.

cool, my steam is id/phrak

if you wanna play i'll reinstall and maybe we can get a game going tomorrow