Just downloaded, what am I in for?

Just downloaded, what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx8xSLPaoc
youtube.com/watch?v=YMwBNAHzBbY
youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a hysterical time.

One of the best AAA games to come out in recent years. Amazing atmosphere and sound design, headphones are a must. Play on Hard.

A terrible start, followed by an amazing middle and a terrible ending.

Download the Unpredictable Alien mod

Do you have spare pants? You're gonna want spare pants.

Growling. Hissing. and hiding under tables.

I wanan lick her nose, yes?

I just got it too. Seems great. I love it so far but it's definitely flawed, it'll probably be remembered as a flawed classic like New Vegas or VtM:B.

>it'll probably be remembered as a flawed classic like New Vegas or VtM:B

And there goes your credibilty

why tho? The game is extremely impressive but flawed. It's the first game in a LONG time that really seemed "sepcial" to me.

Literal wet dream for Alien fans. Still a good game if you're just looking for survival horror.

The alien is your mom from the future and you're a living bomb sent to destroy the spaceship you're on.

about 5 hours of content stretched to 20 hours
broken stealth
gud grafix

Terror in a comfy setting.

why post the same unfunny message 16 minutes apart?

For what fucking purpose user

Lockers are your friends.

t. alien

>hiding using anything besides a desk/gourney

pleb

being spooked as fuck. play with headphones

oh i wasn't even the same guy i just reposted it because i saw he deleted it and i wanted to fuck with him kek

A really good game. Its only real flaw is that the ending drags on.

Your enjoyment depends on how much you like the first Alien film. Many people feel that it drags on quite a bit and should have been shorter but I loved every second of being in its atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx8xSLPaoc

A game that looks good, sounds good, runs good, and is pretty fun but at times fairly frustrating. Not because you get caught by the alien, but because you'll be bashing your head against the desk waiting for it to fuck off so you can just finish the god damn level already. Also a little buggy at times, but still a solid game. Definitely becomes tense but by the end it really starts to become tedious more than anything.

>merely pretending!

The beginning drags on as well. I think it takes a full hour just to SEE the xenomorph, and another 30 minutes to interact with it

Terrible pacing

A shitty boring game about opening doors

I think the beginning is fine

no u dont

The best game of 2014.

youtube.com/watch?v=YMwBNAHzBbY

Spoilers - an alien

why
would i make the active choice to delete something knowing it's not funny then immediately post it again anyway

you're on some next level autistic shit here but i guess i can't blame you

>The beginning drags on as well. I think it takes a full hour just to SEE the xenomorph, and another 30 minutes to interact with it
I would argue that because you as a player know that the xenomorph is somewhere on the station but you don't know when you first see it is, it has quite the build up.

At least on the first playthrough.

Also they can't just toss the Xenomorph at you when you don't know the core game mechanics.

Pretty spooky until it starts getting tiresome about half way through.

lets just be autistic together and talk about aliems

Did you like Alien?
Prepare to cream your pants over and over

Also, download the Unpredictable Alien mod and only play on hard or above

>terrible pacing
That's called great pacing, you retard

Right around when you get the flamethrower is when the spooky level takes a nosedive

I opted to avoid using it altogether except for when I was in their lair

>medbay

I'll fucking slap you

>HURR DURR IF I DON'T SEE MONSTERS IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES I GET BORED
Watch Alien you fag

I never really thought of A:I as a "horror" game, to me it was always game like System Shock or something. It's definitely more horror focused than System Shock or something, but its not really all that scary. It's more like dino crisis or something where the horror is tangential to the gameplay.

Keep it up

A decent enough game. I found it enjoyable enough if a bit to long. I didn't find it particularly scary though but that could be because I've been engrossed in alien stuff since I was 10 and played the first AvP. So I'm kinda immune to alien scares. Except face hungers. Those little bastards terrify me.

First AvP on PC I should say.

Not an argument

>The beginning drags on as well. I think it takes a full hour just to SEE the xenomorph, and another 30 minutes to interact with it
Well the alien didn't show up in the actual movie until a solid hour in IIRC.

It's called suspense user.

Great horror game that overstays its welcome a little bit. Also jesus christ it's already two years old.

One more go

Just finished it recently and currently enjoying the DLCs. It's an 8/10 for me.
Downsides are smallish levels/areas (in terms of exploring and evading the Alien), and a portion of the game (at least 2 hours) is lacking and forces you to deal with those androids time after time. Other than that the game is quite strong, especially in terms of atmosphere,.
Also while the Alien's AI is decent, I would have done a little more with it. Like having the Alien just randomly (but rarely) hide in the corners of dark rooms, blending in with the other random objects, like in the movies. It does a good job of surprising you though and the hiding mechanics are fair.

As an Alien game, it's easily the best so far in terms of capturing the feel of the movies. I actually would freak out a bit when the Alien fucking gets the jump on you. One of the only games to actually scare me while playing. The story and design of the world fits perfectly with the films.

Disclaimer: I played with a mod that makes the Alien more unpredictable. I highly recommend playing with, it's on moddb, on of the only mods for the game. I believe there's a graphical enhancement mod as well (

I disagree. It's better to move around and hide behind things and under desks, only occasionally using the actual hiding places.

A shit game that a lot of people praise for some weird reason

youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg

these guys are shit too but this video is a rare case of them being 100% spot on

>sprinting
>ever

I played it with the stock AI but I did get mods to force higher LODs and higher shadow resolution and to force contact hardening shadows and GPU particles on NVIDIA

RRRRRRRRRRRGH FUCKING COUNTER MY ARGUMENT RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OH YEAH I FORGOT VERY IMPORTANT:

PLAY ON HARD

DO NOT PLAY ON NIGHTMARE

PLAY ON HARD

Lel fucking casual
Nightmare is the most fun I've had in a game in years

>Download the Unpredictable Alien mod
don't, just set it to survival if you want to drop this game in medical

>tfw you tear up playing the game in VR mode

I swear some old man or fat guy is going to have a heart attack

What's wrong with Nightmare?

I wish they just did SOMETHING different with the ending.

>that last room where you're funneled through a long narrow passage to get a keycard, then all the way back the same way to a door where the power fails then all the way back again to restart the generator then ALL THE WAY BACK to get out with the alien on your ass the whole way, and I was literally out of flamenwerfer fuel at the part on hard. I do NOT want to imagine it on nightmare.

but hey, at least I found Isaac Clarke

Aside from androids in general and the fact that the ending dragged on 2 hours longer than it should, A:I is a great game.

What are you doing there? Allow me to assist you with our safety protocols.

I mean, we know Ashley survives..

>if you play it with Kinect the Alien can hear you

seriously the best use of an xbone exclusive feature. I wonder if anyone has gotten this terror engine working for PC kinect

Actually this game made me think that Burke probably fed Ripley a load of bullshit and Amanda was probably killed horribly by some WY fuckery in the sequel we'll never get because this game didn't sell well enough for Sega

Not that, I mean it makes no sense how an Alien even got on board your ship at the very end. How did it kill them all without them crying out to you over the radio?

How does it compare to SOMA?
I played an hour and got too scared. Going back to it, just not tonight.

Its the apex predator user, they dont have to explain shit

I dont like it either

and why was it QTE shit? The whole ending from the moment you escape the hive again is a bit suspect. Do you think She was infected and the three (or four I don't remember) xenos not attacking you was on purpose? We also have no idea how she even got onto the ship considering the blackout

Can you post this with sound?

Impossible mode for some people

It was really just poorly done. It's hardly worth even speculating over because we're hardly given anything.

I think the devs were rushed and tossed an ending together.

It's a shame.

He's fucking right.

Sorry, apparently it either isn't my webm because my folders don't have a sauce video of it or I deleted it, but have this instead

Meanwhile, on Sevasta/pol/...

>impressive but flawed
You couldn't sound more fedora tier if you tried.

God damn illegal aliens on my ship

I should have played the whole game in 4K and taken more delicious screen but I wanted muh 144fps solid in a game where 60 would have been fine. Will definitely take more recordings next time through too

third fucking time this week guys, I mean it

Bitches get stitches, so don't be a bitch. People that don't grow a fucking spine are the ones that drop the game at medical because they're too afraid to move out from under their bed.

Learn what you can and cannot get away with. If you play it safe 100% of the time, you will die 100% of the time.

this man speaks the truth, my secret to beating it on hard was to never stay in one place too long, you learn to book it from "safe" zone to zone, never actually hiding in a locker unless absolutely necessary, duck under tables for a second and keep moving forward, always

you stay still and you will die there

and is that vanilla lighting in the webm? looks different somehow

With Spookyween coming I think I'll be picking this up. I love a good spook.

Do you also have a boner for Alien's production design? If so you're in for a good time

I fucking love Tektronix's oscilloscopes. I own one that has a hidden Asteroids clone on it.

Turn the music all the way down to the first notch and the game becomes way less tense. Turn it off all the way and the game loses it's spooks entirely.

>sells 2 million copies
>Sega says it didn't sell enough

What the fuck did they expect? 20 million? 2 million copies for an Alien game is spectacularly good.

I dunno, sometimes the game just feels like playing intense music for no fucking reason

>spends first 80 minutes doing literally nothing except open doors and walk around, with barely any notable story telling besides "muh mom" or "somethings is out there ;_;"
i just ran into some asshole with a pistol and i wish he shot me so this boring ass game would end. My roommate started his play through of dead space the same time and he shot maybe 200 aliens before I even get to see one.

>getting chased by robots
>run in a room
>hide in a locker
>robot comes up to the locker and yanks me out of it
Woooow dude, nothing I could do

This is either bait or you're what's wrong with modern horror audiences

>Halloween is boring because we spend like an hour just following this old guy and some girl and after the opening scene like nobody dies for forever

That's the point, though. It's a tutorial level designed to let you get comfortable with the controls, but it's set up like a regular level. There's hiding places all over, and they give you little scares like hearing the alien screeching in the distance, and other noises that could possibly be the alien or something else.

This first time I played through, I didn't know that the alien wouldn't show up until a scripted appearance later on. I saw the hiding spots and figured there was the possibility that it could be after me right from the get-go and acted accordingly. On subsequent play-throughs, I know this isn't the case, so I just sprint through except at the transit station where the alien WILL come after you ahead of it's scripted real first appearance if you dick around too long

it is a walking simulator and a movie game

lmao

im not a horror fan. I like horror aesthetics and horror atmosphere but I don't play explicitly horror centric games like amnesia where you walk in a circle scaring yourself shitless because your lamp clanked too loud.

A game that starts slow, that grows very old very quickly that moves at a snails pace, retreading the same ground again and again and once again, that doesn't know when to quit and leaves you with a completely unsatisfied feeling by the end.

Go watch alien, you retard

If he can't handle nothing happening for the first hour in a videogame than Alien is going to send him to sleep

That's exactly how I felt about it. What the fuck is wrong with people today? How is this putrid shit critically acclaimed?

It has nothing unique or interesting in it for it to be ever remembered as a classic

Because there are people who appreciate the great sci-fi classics

movies are different because there's atleast music and engaging set pieces/composed shots. If a game doesn't do anything with the interactivity then its just a shittier movie.

>There's hiding places all over

Oh fuck, I never even considered that. It's like the opposite of cover shooters where you can see the combat coming because suddenly there's waist high cover everywhere and any area lacking in that has no tension because you know nothing will happen.

The game has literally the same music and aesthstics

Well that's where Alien: Isolation's sense of atmosphere comes into it. It's a bit different when the game is trying to freak you the fuck out but you have to will yourself forward and put yourself in that dark as fuck vent knowing there's a xenomorph lurking about but not being sure when it's going to show up.

Tracker doesn't work, at all.

It's like how in the hard mode it would sometimes glitch up and give you a scrambled signal.

>Isolation came with a GPU
>love Alien so excited to try it
>playing in dark room
>headphones on
>think I hear a noise, hunker down and listen
>just sitting in the dark waiting
>GF touches my shoulder
>nearly shit myself I'm so fucking startled
>heart skips a beat, I see the faces of the old gods
>Alien kills me
>never went back

Next time she's out of town I'm going to lock the door and beat the game, but for now I can't risk my heart stopping.

but a movie composes the shots with interesting angles and has audio cues to make the scene and subjects more engaging to the audience. The first 80 minutes of the game that i played is just generic FPS movement mechanics in a really dark sci fi ship.

I don't think you have to meet the alien but it definitely felt like the game was just jerking your chain in some overly long tutorial where nothing happens and you barely even meet nor discover anything, you just go through empty set rooms and corridors with nothing to do in them, that will fill themselves later when you have to retread them multiple times over.
Game has terrible pacing possibly the worst I've ever experienced.
But Alien was absolutely interesting during the calm with character and world building and an ever building tension, Isolation just meanders after the initial boarding of the station and takes at least a full hour before anything of relevance happens.

>It has nothing unique or interesting

>generic FPS movement

I know some will crucify me but I really do recommend playing it with a controller for immersive analog movement and leaning, leaning with a keyboard feels robotic and will get you killed in this game

How is that a problem?
I enjoyed how incredibly faithful to the movie everything was and marveled at how nice the graphics looked as well as the general ambiance
The movie took an hour to get anything serious going as well

If you're just going to keep restating opinions then there's not much we can do to convince you.

Don't download that mod

It makes it retarded in medical and the game losses atmosphere if you keep dying after 100 attempts

It actually makes it a little less on your ass in medical

you make it seem like the game has a huge reliance on knowing the movie, which can be problematic for people without attachment or knowledge of the alien series

It doesn't require it but the game means a whole lot more if you've seen the movie
It's one of those movies that everyone needs to see
>alien series
There's only one alien movie, matey

If you are new to the ALIEN universe you will probably enjoy it. If you are intimately familiar with the lore of that universe and a big fan of the movies you will absolutely hate it (like I do).

fuck all lore outside of the first two films and you will love it, like I do

You can't convince me, I played the game, beat it and came to my own opinion going into it with no bias one way or another, nor do I wish to convince you, just stating my opinion on the game.
There's no need for agreement it's a silly thing to even seek.

Yeah English words really fucking set those fedorafags apart, right?

The xeno shows up 10 minutes in if you don't get in the first rail car

No nigger, this is not the same psychic male-rape fantasy I know and love. Gangly motherfucker couldn't even detect me hiding behind a gurney, what the fuck.

Alright smug anime poster. What so classic about it?

Amazing aesthetic, atmosphere, and technological design. The game looks and run better than 90% of games on the market.

None of those are unique though, there's plenty of other good looking games, and decent optimization doesn't make something a classic

The aesthetic and the amount of attention to detail is completely unique.

Except for the AI, the level design, the atmosphere, the environmental design, the visuals, the sheer amount of great content, etc. Yeah it's too long, and much of the player/alien dynamic gets thrown out of balance for long periods of time after the flamethrower, but despite the issues of its length there is still a large amount of fantastic content in the latter half (the part without the alien, the hive, the generator section).

It's flawed for sure but there are so many amazing parts to the game. It's honestly the best horror game since Silent Hill 3, just barely better than Penumbra in my opinion. It's a total labor of love and there are so many memorable, great things in the game it's for sure going to be remembered in a similar way as a cult classic.

>Except for the AI
> The ai that can't see over waist high objects
> the human AI that will always shoot the woman with a wrench over anything

> grafix

> the sheer amount of great content

there's like two to three hours of okay content
surrounded by boring switch flipping and key finding while you play red light green light with the alien as well as some really blatant padding like the space walk