What went wrong?

>did open world right
>is a mmo rpg
>"good" replay value for each missions
>unique and interesting multiplayer
>sense of cooperation and morale

You can basically freeroam and do whatever you want, loot things and have fun with your buddies just like on day z or borderlands.

I bet Cred Forums can't find any massive flaw about it but "It's Ubisoft"

Also don't forget the 3 massive dlc we are soon getting

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1499869-Global-1-4-PTS-Patch-Notes
youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU
youtube.com/watch?v=SW6tbzN_Za4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sell half the game as a full game and DLC the rest of the game

Sounds pretty shitto to me unicuck

That's the 3A industry for you

>Did open world right

You fucked up right out of the gate

Because it had a ton of problems on release, and took to long to fix them (if they did).

I bought this game along with 6 other friends. It was a blast until end game. dz was rampant with hackers (this was before the perm ban) and ubisoft refused to ban more than 2 weeks. HE drops were extremely rare, and 90% of the time it was completely garbage. They "fixed" it by dropping more HE drops, but it was still garbage. The only thing you basically need was the aug, (mp5 if you couldnt get it) with 3 perks that you'd never find, and the m4a, with 3 perks you'd never find. Mandatory DZ fucked over the game, since it was rampant with exploiters (which replaced the hackers) that farmed set items using exploits (which they didn't ban anyways).

So basically, if you were a legit player, you were fucked in every way possible, and they made a massive, extremely nice looking world with nothing to do once you beat the game

game feels like a f2p mmo

How could I? Where are the loading screens? Look at Homefront and Xenoblade then tell me The Division did open world wrong

letting hackers run rampant, fucking up itemisation completely, making endgame repetitive and boring, multiple game breaking bugs that could make you invincible in pvp even without cheating, making it completely luck based to get the best gear, which is 2-3 orders of magnitude better than the 2nd best gear at the same item level, making multiple fucking design mistakes because apparantly nobody at ubisoft has ever played an MMO before, making the world map completely useless for the sake of style

etc. etc.

TL;DR kill yourself you fucking imbecile

Weak endgame content, bad balance (not just pvp), hackers, and bad loot systems. Hopefully 1.4 makes it truly good, the past few patches have been decent.

Didn't they announce they were delaying the latest patch because it was fucking up more than it fixed?

Open world right doesn't mean a lack of loading screens.
It means the world is interesting enough to explore in its entirety, whether it's because of finding shit or because of gameplay reasons.

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1499869-Global-1-4-PTS-Patch-Notes

>did open world right
No it didn't. It didn't do anything interesting with its setting, weather, and city layout at all.

>didn't do anything right
>had npcs in Windows

The Bosses Are shit. Warface has better bosses than this game & its F2P, especiall the Helicopter boss fight.

No they actually delayed the 2nd dlc to make the patch, so the overall experience is much better before they release new content

>did open world right
>using fucking Day Z and Borderlands as comparison.

This is why we don't have good multiplayer shit anymore, cause fucks like you buy the shallow shit that publishers serve them. I bet you thought the new battlefront was good too.

Sponge.

Getting fixed, also will make weapon handling more skillful

Really? If so, then I might just try it again. It kicks me out of being immersed seeing guys tank hundreds of shots. Maybe perhaps if it was sponsored by Nerf.

I loved it but

No content
Shit balance for both pve and pvp
Shit loot system
No anticheat

At least 1.4 seems to fix the loot and pve but still plenty problems left.

Massive shouldve been fired and the game shouldve been given to Redstorm or Siege devs

Didnt they market this as a Destiny killer?

Tbh WoD and FFXIV feel like f2p games

the game that i can most easily compare the division to is destiny.
they're both very similar in that they've failed in certain aspects such as poor story, repetitive gameplay, and a painfully pointless grind for better gear.

Destiny's saving grace was that it had good gun play that people were willing to overlook it's shit story, Bungie was able to add more story to the game and at least make it somewhat redeeming.

The Division can never achieve this because it's story is beyond fixing. nobody cared about the story to begin with and nobody ever will. Games like Destiny and Halo have an additional advantage over The Division by having multiple enemies to fight where division's enemies are basically just people with almost no difference beside degrees of how many bullet needs to be poured into them.

Division only note worthy feature is the DZ and it gets plagued with cheaters and looters. either people are too eager to turn or too afraid.

New York was actually pretty decent looking especially certain areas of the dark zone with the Christmas lights. Too bad all you found there was bad guys that take thousands on bullets to kill and chests you can't open

Extracting loot was fun

Oh yeah, forgot i own this shit game. god what a waste of money ran like ass and looked like shit too. A prime example what happens when developers don't expect PC gamers to all be the cheating faggot centennials they are.

No enemy variety, all encounters are the same
No area variety, its set entirely in one area
No weapon variety, a loot game where every weapon feels the same and the only real change is appearance

If this was Mass Effect: the Division this would have so much more it could do. Its trying to be realistic is counter to its gameplay, what with bullet sponges and the loot system only allowing for ballistic weapons, If it wasnt realistic you could have different enemy types too, instead of "man with gun"

it was broken from release and had massive game problems that would have been solved if they even tested it first.
then there was all the shit with hacks and deleting legit accounts and banning for no reason.

i didnt buy the game myself but i followed the news about it closely because i loved siege.

>did open world right
didn´t
>is a mmo rpg
yeah, a shit MMO where the other players mostly don´t matter and shit RPG mechanics without *ANY* roleplaying
simply no, the missions being so basic and exchangeable does not make them more replayable, if the game is supposed to have its missions farmed like in this, the missions need to be a whole lot better
Not in the least interesting and a gimmick that ultimately does not work and becomes pointless, which is why it is not interesting
>sense of cooperation and morale
between whom? the players who barely interact, except for the darkzone where they are also supposed to fuck each other over, or there is literally no point to the whole area, but at the same time the punishment for going rogue is retarded so it does not happen? Or the environment where the super special government agents establish strongarm law, by being dicks to people who mostly just try to stay alive after being abandoned by the government?

>I bet Cred Forums can't find any massive flaw
Are you genuinely dumb or are you actually paid to spout such idiocy?

Would this game work better with a more realistic approach to combat (can be third or first person), alongside a more diverse open world and better pvp? Maybe a Stalker vibe too it?

>nobody cared about the story to begin with and nobody ever will
Agree, the worst part is that audio log are more interesting than the story.

All these people citing all these supposed flaws just don´t realize the genius behind Ubisofts fastests selling new IP EVER!!!

Proabably, but then the rpg part would be useless. Escape from tarkov is trying to do that though from what I gather.

yes, more lethal combat with faster results would make the ambush and loot gameplay possible and dangerous. You would really need to stay alert in the DZ, because a few bullets and you are done.

Fuck me, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me user.

>but then the rpg part would be useless.
It already is self serving, nobody wanted that part of the game, because it wasn´t announced to begin with, all it does is *bad* diablo loot with unbearable bullet sponging and retarded weapon balance.

Yeah but then loot is useless if you die quickly anyway. You cant do an arpg looter shooter and have low ttk. It nullifies rpg elements, the point of its loot systems and character builds

No
It is not

Worst part is its grounded loot grind game. All you get is similar looking armors and the same weapons, no cool ass weapons or proc effects.

I was hooked on it for about a week but now I'm bored of it. Really a rental game which I bought for $100 because I got the best edition. I didn't even finish the main story, I have never felt so much buyers remorse.

Is this fun for 20 burgerbux? Ive never been to new york

>ubisoft

Ever since they got lucky with AC, this THQ lite has been masquerading as an AAA company. They produce nothing but shit loaded with DLC.

It was basically third person Borderlands with worse writing and a shitty PvP mechanic hamfisted in.

Between the rampant chink hackers, the terrible weapon balance and the way they tried to cock-block loot grinding at every turn, it feels like they went out of their way to try and fuck their players over. It's no wonder the game tanked so fucking hard, Ubisoft wanted it to fail from day 1.

>lock buying dark zone shit to a pretty high level, not just high end shit but any dark zone shit
>when you get to that level your gear will most likely already be miles better than the dark zone gear
fuckin geniuses m8, i think they changed it but me and a friend played for like 2 or 3 months and they didn't change it till after we dropped the game

Fuck the hackers man, shit was stupid in the beginning.

>boring missions
>terrible weapon balance
>can barely enter any buildings
>every player looks like a bum
>NPC personalities are Borderlands-tier
>have I told you about my wife

They never answered the question on everyone's minds: What do they eat?

At least Destiny has variety in gun with some doing wacky shit like Telesto or Zhalo. Devisions guns ate the same shit but diffrent stats.

It's because it is rainbow six patriots rmade into "The Division" look at the rainbow six patriots 2013 footage...

The division was a reworking of "the patriots"
and the way they re-worked it shows because the last man battalion sounds like the villains from RSTP...

There is literally ZERO reasons for it to be online only, when it could clearly be played single player offline. That's why I wont buy it, along with the fact it will get $60+ worth of DLC in a year, like Destiny.

sorry i meant to embed
The division youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU
and RSTP youtube.com/watch?v=SW6tbzN_Za4

The missions were incredibly boring in the beta and I highly doubt that it has improved at all.

How about the fact that on release people had to literally wait in a line to use an in-game terminal before they could actually play the game?

Semen.

Think about it. The population is like 50,000 men and maybe 10 women. 9 of those women are locked up in a high-tech concentration camp and the other one is inexplicably the leader of the biggest all-male gang of violent criminals the world has ever seen.

Every other PDA is someone being openly gay, the medic is gay, there are entire story chains where the main plot point is "it's the end of the world and I want my last recorded words to convey that I am gay." Even the main villain's entire goal was to poz as many people as he possibly could.

The whole game is like a super elaborate wank fantasy cooked up by some bug-chasing ultrahomo with a SHTF fetish.

the progression wasn't fleshed out very well

>be level 1
>get an assault rifle
>shoot at bullet sponge thugs
>at max level you'll just be using an assault rifle that does more damage against the same thugs with more health who do more damage

It just didn't seem like there was anything to look forward to as you progressed. At least in borderlands the legendary guns tend to do a lot of whacky shit and enemies become more varied but I haven't seen anything like that in the division

>
>The division was a reworking of "the patriots"
>and the way they re-worked it shows because the last man battalion sounds like the villains from RSTP...
>

I'm guessing you post this a lot on forums.

maybe you should go back to those forums.

Is there a wave survival mode yet? II would probably come back for that, but of course, knowing this game, there would be an exploit that allows you to survive indefinitely because the fun of fighting the bullet sponge enemies runs out very quickly.

It's a Tom Clancy game that did not go for realism, and instead went for 'lol shoot enemy 20 times to kill'

Oh yeah, and a gigantic chunk of those men are federal "pound me in the ass" prison inmates

The Division is -literally- the gayest game on the market right now.

>destiny does all of this 100x better

Been thinking about getting this actually, is it even worth starting at this point as a new player?

further more story elements and the basic design for the agents of the rainbow six team and the division agents are similar...

>Because you're not the chosen brother, Division. 'Twas Rainbow who was chosen. See, he built a game and attracted players to it, you're just a fool.
>I did what Tom Clancy couldn't, I broke you and I beat you. It was Ebi who told me about you. He's the prophet, he's the smart one. He knew what was there, he found me to put it on the servers. You know what the funny thing is? Listen, listen, listen-- we cancelled Patriots to make this, just like that. we compete with Counter Strike now. Prosperous little business. Full UPlay servers every day of the week.
>Stop crying, you sniveling ass! Stop your nonsense! You're just the afterbirth, Division. You slithered out of your mother's filth. They should have put you in a glass jar on a mantelpiece. Where were you when Siege was suckling at Ubisoft Montreal's teat, eh? Where were you? Who was nursing you, poor Division, one of Destiny's sows? That playerbase has been had, there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s gone, had. You lose.

>LONG TERM COOOMMMMITMENT! Dedication, Division, you boy. Drained dry, I’m so sorry. Here: if you have a milkshake... and I have a milkshake... and I have a straw; there it is, that’s the straw, see? Watch it. My straw reaches across the room... and starts to drink your milkshake: I... drink... your... milkshake! [slurps] I drink it up!

Makes a better movie than it does a game.

Fuck off.

It's fun if you like Diablo III and tactics based run and gun it's just a hellish endeavor to actually reach level 30.
fun for what it is but the flaws of the combat system and the overall ridiculous nature of using guns in a dungeon style rpg are what weigh it down into crap status.

The grind, and vertical progress instead of horizontal.

I enjoyed this.

is this autism

>nothing interesting happens
This is why pseudorealism and modern (para)military settings belongs only in games with a very tight focus. Open ended RPG games that requires more progression than just "different gun" are better off with fantasy or sci-fi or magitek settings because you can create enemies and situations that don't exist in real life.

why I just pointed out what was wrong with it and you would rather talk about "feels"...

Are we talking about Destiny or Division when you say that. They sound like the same game with the same problem, only Destiny has more varied designs.

>based Elias Toufexis not asking to be in this

shame he can't get any roles besides jensen now because his normal voice is so recognizable and identified with jensen

look at the parallel in the base concepts.

Just go play some bullshit by Naughty Dog, it's the same experience.

Less money hungry than Destiny, and everyone loves that game for some reason

>vertical progress instead of horizontal.
what you mean by this

The game is getting overhauled as we speak thanks to a community backlash and numbers fall off. They even launched a PTS for balancing purposes.

Let's get it a month and THEN come back and tell us if it's worth a shit.

Also, I think OP is the Destiny shitposter trying a new hand.

>the Destiny shitposter
Yes, user, it's all a conspiracy. Every thread you see is all part of a master plot to LE TROLE you!!

> repetitive objectives
> bullet sponge enemies
> flimsy story/setting
> overall boring gameplay
> Ubisoft

I wanted to like this game. But it was bad.

> Also don't forget the 3 massive dlc we are soon getting

Smells like a shill to me.

The Division fucked over siege in terms of marketing

>where are the loading screens
You mean the loadtimes when skipping cutscenes and the forced slow walk areas so the game can load?

I got 60-70hrs out of it, which I consider decent value for money. The endgame world/single-player content basically shits on Destiny, the raids and strikes aren't quite as good, but it's far from a bad game. Honestly confused when people complain about bullet sponge enemies when enemies in Destiny/Borderlands/Diablo are exactly the same.

Haven't played for a few months but interested in coming back for 1.4.

Because it's a fucking Tom Clancy game. They shouldn't of used Tom Clancy if it wasn't going to use realism with it's guns.

also bulletproof sweaters and jackets fucking everywhere. I can buy somewhat reasonably space aliens and robots taking multiple blasts from impossible space guns but not a regular jackoff in NYC acting like he's the Terminator, oh and so are his 20 friends.

what are:
every splinter cell game
ghost recon advanced warfighter (series)
ghost recon future soldier
rainbow six vegas (series)
rainbow six siege
endwar
hawx

IF anything this will be the only reason why I well give the game a other shot,

>Game breaking bugs that affected a very punishing multiplayer interaction
>Shitty story that solves nothing
>"Role Playing Game" No interaction with any faction other than JTF and only to fulfill the role of an errand boy

Ubisoft never ever

1. Putting all hit detection, boosts etc. Client side instead of server side to save money. This let aimbots/otk cheats to start being built super easily within a few hours of release.

2. Killing crafting in 1.1. Then nerf drops within 8 hours of release so everyone that didnt get tons of drops with the loot system designed to replace crafting was fucked forever.

3. The fucking q/a in 1.1 was non existent. None of the incursion was fun at all, and everyone jist jumped through walls/skybox to cheese the boss.

4. Actually fuck it i dont want to type anymore this is just making me angry i did endgame in this shit. 1.1 killed the game because ubisoft decided to be massive jews.

>Fucked end game, constantly in a state of chaos
>Never test patches/DLC before release
>Because of lack of QA people get bullshit build that do impossibly high dps
>Hype DLC
>DLC is just one room with an APC and waves of ridiculous enemies, that simultaneously become trivial over a certain GS
>People leave in droves
>Next patch "we fixed everything, release DLC and tested"
>Patch and then DLC both buggy and fuck
>everyone leaves as they've had enough
The division had the best atmosphere and gameplay/story until you finished the main story, then it become apparent they had no overarching plan for plot and everything falls on its ass. It's look so promising the first few hours i grinded the DZ was the most fun i've had in an "mmo" in a long time. Pity massive is retarded and fucked it.

Dark Zone was very fun, everything else was boring

>1. Putting all hit detection, boosts etc. Client side
did we learn nothing from CoD

I'm yet to even look at gameplay footage of The Division, what is all this Dark Zone stuff

what is the tl;dr of this game in general, honestly

Dark Zone is basically a place with top level enemies and better drops. Sadly, anything you pick up can be dropped if you die, and it's the only place where other players can kill you, and take the loot.
Extracting your stuff tells everyone and their mothers you attempt to do so, so you may get raided before the chopper comes, or make uneasy alliances to make sure you get your stuff out.
Only place where you need the best conditions for the fairest of fights was bugged as hell with 10 million DPS glitches and haxx0rz

>what is all this Dark Zone
a free-for-all area where you can attack any player and they drop all the loot they have gathered, you can always tell that someone has droppable loot, because they will have a yellow bag on their back. The only way to get loot out of the Dark Zone is to call in a helicopters and EVERYBODY knows that someone has called in a heli when it happens, the heli drops a wire you tie your loot and the heli leaves, other players can just cut the wire and take the loot for themselves, or kill you and take the loot

when you have a full inventory and you see one of those aggressive groups running at you it gets very intense, map knowledge is extremely important as you try to run away from the, or to lure them into extremely powerful mobs

Grind in a very boring setting. Dark Zone is the PvP setting, you collect gear in this area and try to get it out while other players can try to kill you, this sounds fun on paper but the amount of cheating and unbalance to the game makes it frustrating rather than fun. If you go in alone you are going to get fucked up, you stand not a chance, if you go in with multiple people the only thing to do is fuck with people who are alone, thats the pvp.

The problem with the game is its doing the whole grind thing, but its also trying to be realistic in its portrayal. This is fundamentally broken as humans cannot survive getting shot over a thousand times in the head at point blank range, everything is a damage sponge. The combat is nice, if it was a standard Clancy game where shots are lethal this would be a good game, but thats why it feels like shit, imagine Red Orchestra only it takes about 20 shots to get kill someone, the game falls apart, its integral to the gameplay that damage be lethal. If they were going to do the grind thing they needed drastically differing enemies. Put a zombie or mosnter faction in there, put a robotic tanky faction and a humanoid faction, things that would act different from eachother. But no, every enemy is just a man with a gun, or a baseball bat in the early game.

Made the same mistake as Destiny, they tried to have their cake and eat it. You can't have the visual fidelity of a single player game, with no mod support and expect there not to be a serious lack of content. Also the combat is based on shooting humans with massive health pools, which isn't fun.

Is Tom Clancy a good writer?

not really

he makes a lot of clever guesses about upcoming military tech or how operations go, but then again, so do lots of people

I have over 100~ hours of this game.

>Elitism from people who have better RNG than you
>Immense bullet-sponges that also deal enough damage to legally be classified as a biological Metal Gear
>Dark Zone is fucking garbage but you basically NEED to be there
>If the gun you're interested in buying (or the blueprints) isn't available on the DZ market, you need to wait a week (A FULL WEEK) and hope that it's there next time
>Gun crafting is annoying and takes a load of supplies and has the chance that the gun you craft is complete shit due to it having garbage traits that cost a metric assload to reroll, you're better off salvaging it

List goes on. I got annoyed doing incursions with people who were complete cunts, then getting duplicate pieces for a set I didn't even want.

I still want to go back, sometimes, though. The game has great potential to be good, it's just that the developers are retarded.

I hope the Wildlands game will be better

I worked on the game at Massive, ask me anything

I can start off by saying that it was horrible and I'm never going to work in the gaming industry again

Higby pls

it's not open world at all, in the non dark zone areas there's literally 0 content outside of missions and those one-off quests to get exp for the trees. Once you've done those and capped out your level which takes all of ~30 hours, there's nothing left but dark zone, which from day 1 has been filled with hacks and faggots rolling around in deathballs on instances just wiping everyone else to prevent them from being able to get anything else.

Lots of promise, handled extremely poorly.

>final boss is a fucking helicopter

SOFT POTATOES thats what

MMORPG is a shit genre. All innovation died in the genre with WoW. Either you try new things and everyone prefers the way WoW does it, or you copy WoW and WoW does it better. Either way you don't get enough subs to sustain the game or you make it f2p with a cash shop and it gets ruined for the average user that way, like DDO or LoTRO.

MMOs with a focus on guns tend to be disappointing by design. Either you make it play in the classic MMO style, ie, select target and click or press skill keys, or you make it play like an FPS with poor shooter mechanics and the ever present loot treadmill and skill/feat based combat, taking the skill entirely from what feels like should be a skill based game. In a straight FPS, for example CSGO, you can beat an AWP with a Glock if you have the skill and ingenuity, in an MMORPG/FPS, you will never close any signifigant gap in gear level, no matter your skill.

People just need to leave this concept to die with WoW to be honest.

That was the most frustrating part about working on this game. The producers were obsessed with adding MMORPG mechanics to a TPS but they had no idea how to do it. They had tons of people who are competent at making a good shooter but nobody who knows shit about making an RPG or an MMO.

Up until almost a year before release the game was internally marketed as a "OMG IT'S AN RPG WHERE YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING LIKE SKYRIM AND WITCHER 3! IT'S SO MUCH MORE THAN A SHOOTER!". And in the end it just became a TPS with bulletsponges and a fuckload of grinding.

It's a shame because if they ditched the whole MMO gimmick we could have had a good TPS with seamless open world and online.

>you can beat an AWP with a glock
lel. That's a good joke mate. In an even playing field AWP will win 100% of the time.

I wish the entire game was like DarkZone, but PvE fags would be too butthurt

>In an even playing field AWP will win 100% of the time.

Yeah because CS is just 1v1 set on flat and empty surfaces all over

Fuck off with your retard comment

Lack of content and end game stuff

That's what the survival DLC will be

>Shoot same looking thugs for 10 000 hours
>Literally no other enemies than 3-4 types of thugs
>The entire game is about shitting out a massive amount of bullets into their bodies

It's boring and repetitive and stops being fun quickly

It doesn't even have Single Player.

90% of why people get games is the singleplayer.

Damage sponge enemies work in fantasy games like World of Warcraft and the Souls games. They even work in Destiny because you can just say they have shields or tough skin.

Damage sponge enemies don't work in games that try to be realistic like The Division. There's nothing fun about shooting a guy 10 times in the face with a sniper rifle while he's wearing a beanie hat and only dropping his health down to 50%

If the AWPer isn't running around mid on dust2 for example, they will always have an advantage, terrain makes very very little difference when your opponent has a glock, it's a straight up advantage, it will take them at the VERY LEAST 3 hits to kill.

silver detected

The point is that you cant mix them, sadly. If you dilute the skill aspect of the gameplay with RPG mechanics, it ruins the FPS aspect, giving you a game which is at least half broken.

The very best you could do would be to do something like how Deus Ex 1 multiplayer was managed. Every player had a set and even number of skill points and augment upgrades to distribute at the start of the match, you made a simple build real quick and then you played the game. It was still a pure experience but with some free form diversity in play styles that required no prior investment and kept the playing field even.

You have options to do high burst damage to sponges in WoW and destiny with abilities or supers.
As far as I know there isn't something like that in The Division, something that is a valuable resource that you need to pop against strong shit.

Explosive/incendiary ammo, although there's no way at all to resupply it if you die, so you're fucking fucked unless you do it right the first time. Always thought that was kind of shitty, if you're going to magically revive back to before you died to the boss it could at least give you your shit back.

But you're missing the point entirely. A decent glock player in CS can take on an average AWP player and have a decent chance to win if he aims and moves well. No matter how good you are, 3-4 shots from the glock will kill you. In games like Division it doesn't really matter because everyone are bullet sponges and fights are decided by numbers, not skill. You can forget about someone with a glock killing ANYTHING in the Division.

>did open world right
No this is the problem, most of the map is useless filler and there's no interesting loot to discover. The environments are pretty to look at but that's it.

it's funny because I kept playing it and loved it, but now the new changes are going to make it super easy for any faggot to just login and collect best in slot gear, so now I'm tempted to quit.

i'm glad the developers are listening and trying to improve the game, but caving into whiners that say the game is too hard is NOT the way to do it.

It's also weird that there aren't any perks or maybe even set or weapon talents that give you more ammo. Just goes to show how bad the designers are at making fun mechanics

I assume you didn't play any of the patches subsequent to release - they added heaps of endgame world content in high value target intel research and contracts.

>no matter how good you are, 3-4 shots from the glock will kill you
no matter how good you are, 1-2 shots from the awp will kill you.

If you're saying that it's some faggot who's never played CS versus a pro, sure, obviously the pro is gonna win, but in 99.9999999% of matches, AWPer will win.

>Make a beautiful open world
>80% isn't in use
>add some copy-paste side missions with patch
>1st paid DLC
>it's set in copy-pasted tunnels underground instead of the beautiful open world that took them years to create

You couldn't make this shit up

What the fuck were they thinking?

>everyone

I think you're grossly overestimating the skill of the average CS player. I've knifed people with AWP in pubgames many times and I don't even consider myself to be a good player. How much have you actually played CS?

The intel missions are probably the most substantive world content I've played in an MMO-like game. I know that's a pretty low bar, but they're vastly better than Destiny's patrols, and about the same or slightly better than WoW's world quests

There's capped threads on Cred Forums frequently talking about how great it is

Have you ever watched pro CS? You're seriously telling me you've watched this scenario play out 999999999 times and only once did the guy with the pistol win? Get the fuck outta here. You're either a retard, a silver that still thinks the AWP is OP, or you're being purposefully obtuse and are now committed to backing the retarded statement you made previously

>people are talking about one game, an RPG
>someone says BBBUT IN CS....!

>thread turns to even worse shit than it started as

Do CS babbies truly ruin everything?

that sounds actually really interesting. A shame the game apparently turned out bad, but it's a cool concept.

The elitism comes from people that don't want to carry bad players. Having someone go down multiple times in a row is not fun, nor does it help the group. The problem is that too much focus is put on gear score, rather than how a player is geared. The game needs a system that shows other players how your stats look. Just because someone is 250+ doesn't mean their stats are correct.

The Dark Zone is no longer mandatory at all. In fact, the changes that increased item drops for all sets in the underground killed off a lot of reasons to even go there. Patterns you need will eventually show up at the PC vendor, so you do have the option of waiting. And buying weapons is playing the game wrong. I'm literally drowning in 229s from underground cache and dungeon completion. I was fortunate enough to get 2x god rolls on an m4, with great stats for my second stick(alpha set)

I'll give you gun crafting; the material shit needs to be redone. I don't even bother with crafting, outside of trying to get perfect rolls on mods.

honestly, this game could be so much better, if they stopped trying to make it a korean grinder.

environment is hugely important in the DZ, I have lost count of the number of times I ran away from some dumb niggers because I knew the map better

It didn't turn out bad at all. PC version was and probably still is a mess, but dark zone is still fun as hell on consoles, and heavily populated.

All you do in the intel missions is go from location to location killing all the dudes. They're all the same. No unique lore or enemies or positioning or anything. I don't understand how you think it's anywhere near what WoW has to offer, you sound delusional

>but caving into whiners that say the game is too hard is NOT the way to do it.
yep, especially because the game is not hard at all, I dont understand the people complaining, is Division the first game they have played? How the hell can anyone think its hard?

the problem with dark zone is that you need a dedicated group of friends to really enjoy it. if you go at it alone, you're going to have a bad time.

the reason a dedicated group is needed is to ensure everyone is running skills that compliment the group dynamic. if you don't, you'll run into groups that do, and they'll easily mow your ass down with their superior setups.

>that sounds actually really interesting
it is, its a great deal of fun, and the only time I enjoyed a multiplayer game ever
>A shame the game apparently turned out bad
it didn't, but it soon will, because casuals keep complaining about the game being "too difficult" and about being "forced" to play pvp

pve babies are fucking cancer

I meant filler as in content, it's only there for PVP. Most of it can be "explored" but there's nothing to find, so everyone goes to the literal designated loot zone.

WoW world quests are for the most part literally quests you already did while levelling, except now you're repeating them without the story

Intel missions are interesting because they're set in all kinds of hidden locations that you may not have realised existed unless you were sent there during an intel mission. Sure, the actual activity is kind of repetitive, I find the exploration aspect pretty cool.

>There's capped threads on Cred Forums frequently talking about how great it is
You should try going to those threads before forming an opinion.
There's 10% retards that gobble up everything they shit out and are willing to pay 200$ for some reskin dlc, and then there's the leftover 90% warning everyone to not buy this game cause they're fucking jews.

thats nice to hear but im still not gonna buy it cuz im poor. have fun dudes

>if you don't, you'll run into groups that do, and they'll easily mow your ass down with their superior setups.
just like real life. i like it

>cheating faggot centennials
you fucked up your buzzwords mate

>pve babies are fucking cancer
They're the bane of WoW also. They lost their shit when Blizzard temporarily disabled flying so people might, heaven forbid, actually see other players while playing the game, instead of flying around on flying mounts in their own private world and being able to run from any PvP confrontation by simply flying up in the air. It was the temper tantrum that went on for literally a year.

poor example. wow is a pve game. the division was always marketed towards pvpers.

>if you go at it alone, you're going to have a bad time.
honestly, this depends entirely on your attitude, I had a lot of fun running about as a sneaky scavenger, taking potshots at bosses to get loot, and sometimes snatching the chests or drops from other dead players

I once took full inventory of loot from two dead groups and spent the next hour and a half running from them around the entire map, trying to lure them into mobs, or other players. It was an amazing feeling when I actually managed to get out

sure 9/10 you will just die, but that is fun too

Half the servers are designated as 'PvP' servers. World PvP is a core part of gameplay on PvP servers and pretty much defined Vanilla WoW - southshore, etc. It's no more a PvE game than any other. If anyone should interpret the game as PvE focused, it's largely because world PvP died a quick death when flying became widespread in BC.

>make a game with entirely separate PvE and PvP elements that require different skill sets, meta knowledge and preparation of gear/skills
>force the two to meet
>be surprised when the group that gets the shorter end of the stick in this arrangement gets fucked over and upset about it

WOOOOOOW LITTLE FUCKING BABIES S M H T B H FAMALAM WHY DONT THEY JUST CHANGE WHAT APPEALS TO THEM ABOUT THE GAME, HONESTLY.

youre a faggot, kys. dont even play MMOs, let alone WoW

If you're on a PvP server, you should expect to be involved in PvP at some point. If you don't like it, there's plenty of PvE servers you could be playing on instead that might cater to your non-confrontational ie. carebear playstyle better.

The WoW developers have pretty much admitted flying was a mistake because it destroyed incidental PvP that was so common in Vanilla and actually put the 'war' in Warcraft, unlike later expansions where everyone just dicks around on their flying mount ignoring everyone else, and pretends like they're playing a single player game.

That game was both the biggest waste of money I ever experienced and one of the worst, most poorly made games I have ever experienced. I nearly cut away gaming with my mate after I bought this piece of shit on his recommendation.

Get fucked shill the game is beyond garbage.

>Games like Destiny and Halo have an additional advantage over The Division by having multiple enemies to fight where division's enemies are basically just people with almost no difference beside degrees of how many bullet needs to be poured into them.
I remember when tactical shooters were able to be held in high regards to sci fi shit. I hate the fact that modern Tom Clancy games make you this unstoppable uber cool spec ops forces Delta SWAT man, and then pull bullshit reasons to make sure you have a "challenge" which equates to bullet sponge enemy types or "THIS FAGGOT GLUED A TRUCK TO HIS TORSO, YOU CANT ATTACK HIM FROM THE FRONT".

Tactical shooters use to have that constant underlying tension because no matter how badass you are, 1 shot can end it all. I missed corner you weren't frosty enough on and it's over. You could have the most tricked out weapon and gear, flashing around like a pimp in new orleans. But rummyfucky terrorist and his toaster buddy cave pals can end your fucking day with one decently placed shot from their steel stamped by their cousin ripoff gun.

It pains me that R6 Siege has the mechanics and gameplay to be a fantastic return to form, but got fucked by Ubisoft execs forcing multiplayer shit. And because it probably didn't sell as well, again thanks to Ubisfot's terrible fucking decisions, we'll either get some "appeal to the bigger masses" sequel or nothing at all.

>I bet Cred Forums can't find any massive flaw about it but "It's Ubisoft"
How about the downgrade you fucking ubisoft shill

This might be a huge waste, but the biggest waste of money for videogames title still belongs to SWTORtanic.

pretty sure it made it all back when switching to f2p + microtransactions in total gross

I'm thinking more how wasteful it was to make a shitty MMO instead of a new KOTOR single player game.

Who cares if the devs make their money back? They still made a glowing shit.

MUH
MUH
MUH GRAFIX

dont forget all the job losses

Investors care, directors from the publisher and developer care
Even if the game is shit, and low rung develoeprs had to brand their skin with the shitty logo, work overtime for shitty pay and on a bad game that kills their soul, the big guys can still spin it and go and on how about it was worth committing to it long term, salvaging the entire effort.

In the end it means it's gonna keep happening, and risks like the Warhammer MMO will keep dying

Anyone hows the gunplay?Do guns feel like peashooters?

Inhumane grind required to get anything worthwhile, it just took the worst part of any mmo an added it in a shooter game. Updates that made the grind even worse, hackers.
This is only gave that ive played where exploits were only reasonable way to try get any results.
TL:DR ubisoft thinks grinding is good gameplay

what annoyed me the most was that Divison got bashed for everything that Destiny got praise for

Destiny got a lot of updates and daily challenges

>entire area dedicated to basically trolling
>big red bullseye everyone can see if you troll

hahahaha, user its trash

call me when they stop fucking pandering to all the babies, this had potential before its release.

yeh destiny came out first though, so the dumb fuck way of thinking is that everything now "has elements from game that came out first"

i dont know why youre surprised, you shouldve seen it coming.

Enemies can have ridiculous amounts of health later on, so you can spend anywhere between 50-30 seconds dealing with a single mob. granted, I haven't played since release so maybe player dps is higher or lower at this point.

The October patch is going to overhaul a huge amount of gameplay

5-30 seconds, rather.

If you think The Division didn't have a robust and interesting world. You either didn't play it or you have a vendetta against it

ONE area.
Two if you want to count the grinding zone

>weather
I'm 100% sure you didn't play the game

Who ever you heard that from, never trust anything they say again.
They're releasing patch 1.4 first, which is going to be a massive game rebalance/QOL update

looks like absolute shit like division