Which series has better combat?

Which series has better combat?

The Batman games don't really have good combat. You're essentially pressing two buttons all the time. It's flashy, but overly simplified. So GoW wins by default I guess

Say what you will, GoW has juggles

I don't even like GoW but this is not a contest, GoW is far better even with all the QTE shit.

God of War.

This is a joke right ?

Batman is spam one button to win.

God of War actually requires you to move a bit and change attacks.

Batman.
>muh spam one button to win argument
Yeah and pressing square square triangle to win is so much harder.

Based on what you said it's at least three times harder.

idk why you would compare these two games, but GoW has way better combat

ITT

>You're essentially pressing two buttons all the time.
Yeah, you've obviously never played God of War.

Probably GoW since it feels more involved. But I like the Batman games more because it's just awesome beating people up as Batman. That's something I wanted to do ever since I was a kid.

I like Batman's more because you at least have to time your attacks to deal more damage/score more points

>but user you can spam a single button to win

Yeah good luck with the Riddle Challengues that way, getting an high score is actually more fun anyways.

the best way to score the biggest points is to get all critical hitstreak which is LITERALLY pressing a single button to win

Batman doesn't have combat. It has a combat-themed rhythm game.

They're both shit in that department but if I had to choose I would say neither since they're both equally terrible.

They're literally the same, the only difference is that GoW is dial-a-combo and Batman is rhythm based attack-and-counter. Both games require you to maintain control of the battlefield, both games have a heavy emphasis on dodging attacks to create openings, both games let you instantly kill/takedown enemies once you meet certain conditions, both games give you an arsenal of weapons/tools to deal with enemies.

Both series of games are also a lot of fun too so this is a fucking stupid ass comparison to make.

>literally any shield/electrified/stun baton/BIG/ninja motherfucker.

Mash that button and see how far you get, buddy.

>They're literally the same

They literally aren't. In fact your entire post is a pointless reductionist argument that could be applicable to virtually any action game

Holy shit, it's almost like mainstream action games aren't actually that different from one another and require the same type of skills across the genre.

No, you retard, THE way to get a high score is to throw all gadgets at least once, and do as many ground takedowns as you can, also knife takedowns give lots of points. Special takedowns like that instagib one and the multitakedown one give shit points, for example.

So a "good fight" would look like this
>throw a batarang/fire batclaw/explode batdildo or whatever x N
>knock somebody to the floor
>Use that special bat move that stuns shitloads of thugs so you can ground takedown some shitter (this is in city and asylum, in knight you'd use the special tools moves like the multiple freezing move or the multiple stungun move, which isn't as good as bats but it's what you get).
>Go back to step one

Of course that sounds boring as fuck but when you're throwing batarangs and pulling fuckers and smashing them to the ground with the batclaw while you super stun a big thug then procced to go full kenshiro on him then knife countering some cunt to knock him out then continuing the beatdown on the fat piece of shit it gets fun, specially without the spidey sense counter indicator.

I know Bamham isn't DMC but I hate how people say it's boring shit because you can win with one button, like you cannot do the same with Million Stab or doing the kilgore glitch in bayo.

Obviously their similar if they belong to the same genre, but you're argument is like saying DOOM and Call of Duty are basically the same because they're both first person shooters.

How do you beat the shield guys or the stunstick guys, or the big guys, or literally every enemy besides basic fodder with just x and Y?

I beat every game of both of these series on the hardest mode and GoW is much much harder, the fact that you think this strat works (unlike Batman were jumping over people guarantees wins in ANY fight) shows me you never played on a real difficult
And I did all the challenge content in GoW and Batman 1 and 2 and I could complete Batman, couldn't beat the god of war clone shadow kratos

>literally just press stun button then continue button mashing or click action button with back button for jump attack or grab a button/use enviornment

DOOM and CoD definitely require the same skills because most mainstream first-person shooters aren't that different from one another, either.

It's almost like derivative design is plaguing video games or something.

I had to vary my strategies in God of war depending in what enemies spawned.
I'm Batman if it was too hard you just had to double tap jump and use the move their weak to (usually hit or stun did the trick for 95%)

To get a high combo you just had to use a different move each time, the only hard part about Batman's combat is memorizing all the moves you had to do for the multipliers

"Derivative design" "plagues" every medium which is why along come art fags to jumble it up and act like they're hot shit because they deconstructed a medium into garbage and nonsense. They're the same because it is the best technology and formula available, say what you want about COD but it is a good FPS that pushes boundaries with every release through content. Changing the general layout isn't needed.

>In God of War I had to vary my strategies based on the enemies.
>In Batman I had to vary my strategy based on the enemies, but it was somehow bad this time.

Enlighten me on how dodging and then using the right attacks in God of War and dodging and then using the right attacks in Batman is somehow completely, totally different.

One is a Sony exclusive and the other is multiplat

There was no varying. You either hit square or hit triangle.

In god of war I had to switch weapons / combos and focus in aerial for some enemies and dodge/parry frequently.

In Batman all you really need to do is dodge/hit repeat. Some special enemies required dodge/stun but for the most part you could ignore that.

I know you're trying your best to find a bias in me but I actually 100% all 3 of the 3 main series of both games. So it's not like I didn't enjoy them, I am just telling you God of War was much more difficult and varying in combat mechanics to get passed things.

*Circle, you never actually have to parry in Batman unless it was a boss.

And to answer your question dodging doesn't work on all enemies in God of war, and dodging had to to be time perfectly where in Batman you just double tap X over someone's head to dodge, and no enemies would follow up or interior unless they had a stun.

>how do you beat these enemies with just 2 buttons?

>hurr just use the other buttons!

Fucking idiot.

Batman no contest

because they are the two most commonly imitated combat systems used for 3D beat em ups. God of War / Devil May Cry / Dante's Inferno all use similar combat systems, just like how Arkham City / Shadow of Mordor / Mad Max all do as well

Both are pretty shit.

"Better combat" is something that 99% of kids playing action games have no clue about, made even worse when the people in question are neckbeards like the worst dmc turbo autists

Good combat comes from having two active sides, hence why so many games completely fail by making the enemies trash. Enemies are the core of any combat system, hence why something like dmc1 is much harder and more engaging than even its own successors that are basically glorified tech demos. Ninja gaiden understands this. The souls games understand it. Batman understands it.

It really shows when someone is a retarded kid when they point to batman and stutter "muh one button".

you dont have to counter the big guys or shied guys as a matter of fact you cant counter them so its just press a then x or press b then x thats still two buttons

Feels kind of apples and oranges.

The combat systems were trying to accomplish two different goals and emphasize different sets of mechanics, and they were portions of vastly different games.

The combat in Batman might not be as mechanically intensive/demanding as in GoW, but Batman games have a lot of other stuff they do like stealth and exploration that GoW either ignores entirely or underindexes on to better deliver its combat.

And then you have all the

>all games are just inputs and outputs, so they're all basically identical

fags muddying the waters further

Both are pretty simple but I think Batman by a small margin, it's really fun to have a long combo in Batman but it feels kinda lame since most enemies are countered with the press of an specific button and very few require you to evade or think carefully about your position.