The last three missions of this game are fucking garbage. What the fuck went wrong?

The last three missions of this game are fucking garbage. What the fuck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqdIR-TkMEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently the last 3 missions are garbage.

I would say the last three missions is where it went wrong.

Its good but falls off towards the end.

devs really failed to keep the ball rolling during the final levels

the last three levels arent as good as the previous ones

I have to admit, I had no idea what was going on in the story during the final few missions. I still don't understand to this day.

The original had the perfect final level and boss, you defeat them through - the whole point of the game. I don't know how they managed to fuck it up in the sequel.

The thing about Thief 2 is that they never explicitly revealed what Karas' plan was. Was it to turn people into machines? They never confirmed it.

*through stealth

>Was it to turn people into machines?
Yes, this was perfectly fucking clear. How you could miss this is beyond me.

He wanted to release rust gas throughout the city and wipe out all organic matter. It's mentioned quite a few times.

See that's where you're wrong, because I was anticipating that to be his grand plan and I ardently scrutinized every letter, missive etc, and nowhere does it expand on that. The closest the game gets to hinting to that happening was the first mission you encounter that weird human/machine mix. But then it gets ignored for the rest of the game.

it's been a while that I've played this game, but I don't remember being ever confused by it

He wants to release a gas into the city that turns biological matter into rust, then live with all his robot pals because he can't make friends

Victoria and Garrett are trying to find out how Karras is going to release his gas on the population and create a mechanical world. That's the second half of the game's plot. They kidnap a high ranking mehcanist, then he talks about the masks so Garrett goes to steal a mask. They found out that the masks on the servants are going to distribute the rust gas around the city (keep in mind he has been weaving his way into the noble life and the nobles trust him, so karras offers these servants to the nobles). Then Victoria realizes they're running out of time so she rushes to karras' place too soon and dies. This pisses Garrett off so he shits on Karras' plan.

Karras wants to eliminate all organic life to create a proper world for the builder to descend uppon. It's basically similar to the Tricksters plan.

While not portrayed as dark as the first games story, Thief 2's story is twisted in its own right. I always thought the servants were done really well and I felt bad for them.

Okay that makes sense, that confirms my notion of what I thought he hosted the dinner party for which I was skeptical about because I originally thought he was just showing off his inventions to the locals in hopes that they would see his views, but I guess it was more sinister.

I've spent over an hour in Sabotage at the Cathedral and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I'm about to call it quits, avoiding these machines are a pain in the fucking ass when I'm just running back and forth and around trying to find out what the fuck to actually do. What the fuck

Final Mission, right? Worst in the entire game to a point where I would ALMOST recommend that you just watch the ending on Youtube.

Though, if you're still willing to suffer through it, just clench your teeth.

If you're in the first half where you have a bunch of parts, you're looking for the blueprint of a device that will affect the transmission of satellite towers, in order to get the parts for that though, you need other blueprints for other parts which can be made from the materials in those storage rooms and the machines you see in the area. The blueprints tell you which materials go into which machines and what comes out.

If your on the second half, you basically just have to sneak around and activate all but one of the satellite towers, in which each room that leads to a satellite tower is essentially a challenge. Like I said, all but one, so you can leave one of the towers alone (preferably one that is a bitch to get to, which in my case was a room full of turrets)

Then head back to the front door and wonder if it was worth it.

Good luck.

Am I the only person that loves Soulforge? I really like the challenge room style and having to build the gizmos.

that rooftop mission before the citadel was one of the best that's a fact

I liked it as well, only casual fags say it sucks. Thief 1's final mission sucked, I was literally able to run through the entire level until I got to the Trickster.

>I always thought the servants were done really well and I felt bad for them.
I mercy-killed them on my first playthrough. It just felt right.

Reminder that thief 1 is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=XqdIR-TkMEc

BLESSED ARE THE WELDED.
PRAISE KARRAS... and the builder.

If you understand the context, you might ask how they did it actually.
The boss was muh shogo, im sutting you down, and that game died back then, despite being raped in the last 2 onces, at least deadly shadows is playable and good now and the dark mod was born.

My 1st run was 5 hours inside soulforge, most games last that long today.