Has there been a console since then Nintendo 64 that has launched with a must own killer app?

Has there been a console since then Nintendo 64 that has launched with a must own killer app?

Closest I can think of is Dreamcast with Soul Calibur.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_application
books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=Killer app&year_start=1990&year_end=2010&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1;,Killer app;,c0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"killer apps" dont exist anymore

OG xbox and Halo CE

Wii sports was pretty amazing when it dropped.

"apps" weren't even a thing until recently.

What game did the ps2 launch with?

No. Casuals (the only people publishers still greenlight games for) only buy shit like COD and Fifa every year so killer apps serve no purpose anymore.

>being this new

Kill yourself, mate.

been here since 2007, so what?

Yes I know "killer app" refers to "must own games", but "app" wasn't even a term until the 2010s. Super Mario 64 is from 1996.

>implying best Dreamcast launch title wasn't Hydro Thunder

Most recent I can think of is 360 for Halo 3.

Either this is some next level bait or you are underage.

>but "app" wasn't even a term until the 2010s
18 and over and so forth

This

holy shit ahahah

Gamecube - Melee
Xbox - Halo
PS3 - Talladega Nights

Yeah this is the only other one I can think of.

I don't even remember that. I got it with Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing and Sonic Adventure.

The first two were spectacular. Sonic Adventure was shit.

t. post-millennials whose first memories of using the internet was on a touch screen

The Wii's launch had Twilight Princess, but that was also on the GameCube so I'm not sure if it counts

yes this is the correct answer

Super Smash Bros. Melee

>Sonic Adventure was shit.
I recently replayed it on my Dreamcast. How the hell did I like it so much as a child? Was it purely the open feel it had and how much you could fuck around in it?

melee wasn't a launch title

Luigi's mansion was though

and super monkey ball

Is that a citation for your own post? I wanna believe you aren't trolling but its hard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_application

books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=Killer app&year_start=1990&year_end=2010&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1;,Killer app;,c0

I wouldn't call it a killer app, but I bought a PSP pretty much for Lumines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software

Leave.

See:

>being this butthurt about being underage

Thats a wierd way of saying blue fucking stinger

Bloodborne is the only reason to get a ps4 at the moment, does that count

because it's a fucking great game

Also, the halo series was one. There's a reason so many games were trying to be the "halo killer". It was that popular

Dig up, stupid.

I bought the PSP purely to import japanese games. Does that count as killer apps?

Pretty soon NiOh, as well. And whatever From Software's next exclusive with Sony is.

No idea. It was shit though. At least you got some enjoyment out of it. I tried to force myself through it but never got through it. The other two were just two much fun and by the time I'd finished with them there was other shit I wanted. I've no idea how it got such strong reviews.

The Wii had an actual "must own killer app" bundled and not mario 64 which probably sold under 10 mil. Get your shit together, man.

360 with gears of war.

>some fag argues semantics
>throw a shitfit in return
nobody's trolling anyone
you're all just being legitimately autistic

>360 gears
>not halo 3

Halo 3 was not a launch title, hell the beta came with crackdown which also wasn't a launch title. Oblivion was pretty big at early launch, what cause me to get it, but I don't even think the was a launch.

No that faggot was blatantly wrong.

Shadow Hearts

It came out on wii first I believe

neither halo 3 or gears of war are launch titles

Gears of War came out a year after the 360 was released.

Didn't 3ds have oot?

>one user is incorrect about a term
>everyone tells him he's wrong
>insults everyone that tells him that
>'autistic shitfit'

DVD

Melee wasn't a launch title, but it came out like two weeks after the Gamecube did.

Xbox had Halo.

Nope. It was supposed to be but was delayed.

Ps2 also had full backwards compatability

no, it came out 4 months after launch