Starting on Kirby

So I've never played Kirby except for Air Ride and a bit of Crystal Shards (didn't like 64 that much tbqh), what game is good to get started up on Kirby?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLI8zuqfHVM
youtube.com/watch?v=TKbYcqkggfc
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nightmare in Dreamland

SUPER

STAR

ULTDream Collection, if you can find it

if nintendo make a challening or hard kirby game will you like it?

Kirby's Dreamland

Thanks guys. I'll check out Super Star Ultra and the GBA games (I can just pirate the later so it's piss easy, I already downloaded them).

You can have a comfy Kirby thread now.

But I already love Mass Attack

but in all seriousness Kirby is fine as it is. Most games aren't the walk in the park Epic YArn and Rainbow curse were. The only way to make it harder would be to make bullshit one hit kill enemies, or change the genre of Kirby completely, which I don't think would sit well with fans.

Seriously though Kirby RPG when?

>last night user writes a long post about Kirby
>have to go to bed but I at least want him to know I read it and liked it
>Cred Forums is frozen and won't let me post
>wake up to see the thread died without him getting any replies

post link to his post

Probably less than a regular kirby, I like the way it is right now, occasional challenge.
This series is fucking perfect for my sluggish cognitive tempo, I don't do well with games constantly throwing hard shit at me.

Am I the only one who dislikes return to dreamland and triple deluxe?

Even for a kirby game they feel really simple and easy and linear.

Is robobot any more challenging?

For reference, my favorite kirby games are Amazing mirror, sqeak squad, and crystal shard in that order

well he did put a lot of effort into that

>simple and easy
hardly, they're some of the most complex Kirby games when you get down to it, specially more than the games you've mentioned, which also aren't any harder, specially Squeak Squad, that game was piss easy. Amazing Mirror is one of the few "non-linear" Kirby games out there, for better or worse. Linearity isn't a bad thing, its been used to great effect on the modern games as they build up to their final confrontations, all while the games still have the freedom of play the series always offers with even greater playability with how expansive Kirby's moves are.

Robobot improves on a lot of things but if you don't see the good in RtDL and TD it won't be for you either. How far did you along into RtDL and TD did you get anyways?

That's a pretty good post, ann I agree with what he's saying though I don't know if Kirby in particular is a good example of that, because even when kirby does do darker stufff it's usually only visual and it never lets the weight of it fully hit you

A better one I think would be Gash Bell/Zatch bell. It's a very lighthearted action shonen anime/manga most of the time, with tons of power of friendship stuff and comedy and occasionally slice of life stuff, but it's because it's so often lighthearted that when it does do dark stuff it hits you that much harder in the gut

On the other hand, the fact it has so much legitimately depressing and dark stuff means that the power of friendship moments come off as genuine rather then corny.

But it takes a really good author to have toliet humor comedy and lighthearted fun one chapter and for the next to have a 6 year old kid trying to kill themselves over their overbearing parents without having the mood whiplash hit you in the face.

I'm storytiming it on Cred Forums one volume a day in case anybody cares, is the current thread

>How far did you along into RtDL and TD did you get anyways?

I think I got like halfway through the first set of worlds. At least I assume it's only the first set, or the game is really fucking short

For triple delux, only the second stage in the first world, every time I go to play it I get cramps, so I stop, then like 2-3 months later I try to play it again from the start, and repeat

AMAZING MIRROR IF YOU LIKE METROIDVANIA TYPE GAMES YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON

i really dont think kirby games are easy i just think that kirby is too powerfull that is why they are easy

>storytime user is a kirbyposter
Small world I tell ya, I've been following that shit since early on (I've read it all already though), but I'm not sure if its time or place to shill it

But since you've brought it up there's quite a big difference in medium I feel, Kirby is still very much concerned in being a video game and in a somewhat video gamey fashion the darker stuff are hidden secrets you have to go dig for yourself, so depending on how you play and look at it it could all still be entirely innocent. It makes for a good impact when you do find the edgier stuff, you have to be invested to get that far anyways. Which also might explain why it may rub some people off the wrong way if their exposure comes out of people like me and user sharing our enjoyment of said elements, rather than them finding it themselves and being enjoying it on their own

>I don't think they're easy, but they're easy.

he was trying to make a joke, user, chill

well the joke sucks, just like kirby!
hue hue hue hue

RtDL adds 2 extra worlds after pop star is filled

I do feel you've hardly touched the surface of these games, though "it gets better X hours in" isn't very helpful you've not even played a demo's worth of Triple Deluxe, or gotten a taste of the later half of RtDL that really ramps it up, let alone any of the extra modes and challenges both games provide, specially all the boss fights.

I find the games enjoyable throughout, even when they're easy, but in terms of challenge its reserved till the end and for extra content.

You kinda have to go dig for the challenge yourself, one of the often forgotten bits of RtDL was the unlockable challenge stages that while not necessarily hard to beat, require full use of each abilities' moveset, speed and execution to get Platinum medals

Well, I came in the thread to talk about kirby, not to shill the dumps, (i'm actually also ) it just so happens the guy brought up the topic of contrasting lighthearted-ness and darker stuff and that's one of my favorite parts of Gash

I'll keep going I guess then

And it's true that SS isn't particularly hard, but it still felt braindead just in terms of the level design based on what i've played of RtDL and TD so far

I think this might be missing Nightmare in dreamland, I think it was a GBA game.

youtube.com/watch?v=hLI8zuqfHVM

This commercial sucks. I haven't seen TV in years, has Nintendo made shit like this before Splatoon then?

I'd also make a branch from amazing mirror to SS with the label of "I liked this, but i'd prefer it without the metroidvania".

wow that is a really terrible commercial.

It looks like nintendo shit the bed in general with the Triple Deluxe commercials since the Japan one sucks too
youtube.com/watch?v=TKbYcqkggfc

>I'd also make a branch from amazing mirror to SS with the label of "I liked this, but i'd prefer it without the metroidvania".

OP here, playing Amazing Mirror, looks like this game was marketed as a MP game, sucks to be me. Think I'll try out another game.

On the topic of the edgy stuff (or rather just extra story in general) make sure you pause during the final bosses in RtDL and all bosses in TD, you'll find some neat shit

yeah I saw that such a shame

Something I've been thinking about that would've been realy neat to implement more in the 3DS games is attacks reaching into the background to some degree, make it subtle and situational parts of certain, already existing attacks, but still something advanced players could take advantage of that would help mitigate some of the more annoying plane hopping.

Its kinda already like this to a degree, doing some TD True Arena runs with shit like Needle you definitely get moments where bosses get hit or die a bit before you'd expect them to when transitioning to your current plane. However I think all hitboxes just have a consistent depth so it doesn't matter what attack it is, when it'd be neat to see things like spinning moves or explosions reach further into the back or front