Ocarina of Time Thread (No nostalgia edition)

>17fps

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPjLgDF1hUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a good game.

>16:9

youtube.com/watch?v=NPjLgDF1hUg

Jfc at least use the 16:9 hack instead of stretching it to shit

anyone else going?

>Tfw no Cd-i link

I was trying to but it wasn't working right on dolphin.

Dolphin is still ass for n64 emulation sadly, why aren't you just using project 64?
Excellent taste. They used it as intro in the minish cap

KASUTO.NET IS DOWN

HELP. I AM DRUNK AND WANTED TO READ HIS SHITTY FANFICTION.

>why aren't you just using project 64?
Because whenever I used project 64 I kept getting texture popping and annoying gamepad configuration. getting told to use this plugin and that plugin. I just said fuck it and ripped my collectors edition zelda and played it off dolphin. at least there it's straight forward. I prefer the controller of the Gamecube version anyway.

has anyone ripped it yet

Dude, just play the PJ64 version.

I don't know why, but I never had any problems with project 64 until I used it on windows 7, so it's maybe either the OS or the new versions of that emu

Rice can be tricky to use

ASOECT RAIDOU TAKE ME AWAY FROM HERE

for you

>voice acting
>cinematic cutscenes
>steady framerate
>npc's have an actual personality
>actual reason to revisit and explore dungeons
>gives you many ways to play
>actual incentive to explore the world and quest around
>mostly forgotten, despite being more innovative and original than Ocarina
Replaying MegaMan Legends is also, much less of a chore, since you can skip cutscenes and fast forward through dialogue.

I played it through a month ago for the first time ever and it's good, Majora is way better tho.

>steady framerate
What are you smoking

Too bad the combat is so boring

>decides to do 100%, or at least, as much as I can possibly do
>missing one skulltula
>blindly rummage around the world trying to find it
>it's literally the first possible skulltula in the game, inside dead mcwoodtree
At least I have infinite money now, for the nothing that it's worth.

I'll give you that, but at least there's variety in what you can do, and it really mixes up a lot of the bossfights.
I never experience any problems with it, it plays pretty smoothly

Shits like $175 at the cheapest now, fuck.

How is OoT on the 3ds? I just beat MM and it was great. I played OoT so much as a kid I'd thought i should skip it.

>>gives you many ways to play
DUDE CIRCLESTRAFE LMAO

I do not want to go through that nightmare again. I feel like I once got it right but I never will again. Dolphin isn't perfect but at least its optimization is already done well for most games without any need of tinkering or changing plugins. Not saying n64 emulators are bad, I just don't have the patience for them.

>Shits like $175 at the cheapest now, fuck.

They're having those outside Japan too?

>How is OoT on the 3ds?

Definitive version in my opinion. MM3D had some iffy changes, but OoT3D is the same game with fancier graphics.

It's good. They also added some new shit, like a giant stone of truth in the Temple of Time that allows you to go on boss runs and such.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

I meant as in weapon choices, it didn't matter much but at least you got a choice.

Was this the game where you can keep tapping the walk button to cancel the shoot animation so you can blast away like a fucking mad man without any delays?

The only thing I kinda dislike about both 3d remakes is they're easy mode

It's aged well. I was surprised to find that it was really fun when I went back to replay it a few months ago. I used the skulltula glitch though because I'm not about to do that stupid shit for a reward that's only useful early on.

In comparison MM hasn't aged that well mostly because you can't skip half the fucking songs yet you need them all the time

>a giant stone of truth in the Temple of Time that allows you to go on boss runs and such.
WHAT THE FUCK
I NEVER TOUCHED IT BECAUSE I ASSUMED IT WAS JUST MORE HINTS HOLY SHIT

Project 64 is still ass for N64 emulation, why aren't you using Mupen64Plus or a flash cart?

>The only thing I kinda dislike about both 3d remakes is they're easy mode
What? Are you trying to say that vanilla OoT or MM are hard?

>using an emulator for an emulator
WHAT THE FUCK

64 emulation is that bad.

emulate, i use mupen64plus on linux and it gets 60 fps widescreen 1920x1080 with texture filters turned off. here is an old picture

it works way better than an actual n64 emulator.

Looks like a PS1 game. I think I prefer it that way.

Still prefer the N64 version

Soely due to the atmosphere and little details

The 20fps doesnt bother me as much as a new game would.

Same with major mask

you should, i remember looking at trees and backgrounds in the original and its just awful how rounded everything looks. buildings and forest look especially better with nearest filtering though texture size is obviously small, its worth the compromise

The camera sucks ass got stuck at so many parts because of it it's overrated trash

Anyone else have the limited editions in the boxes?

the games were never hard you were just younger

Majoras mask runs worse on gamecube then n64.
Listen here cause I did some testing.

I have an everdirve N64 flashcart which allows me to nativly play N64 roms on my N64.
So I decided to extract from the gcn OOt game, the Master Quest rom.

It plays fine on my N64.

Then on the collectors edition I extracted majoras mask because I prefer the red button to the green.

However it felt slower than normal in some parts, even on real n64 hardware.
I compared it to my retail N64 cart.

This is because I believe that version of majoras mask is emulated without the emulation of the expansion pack(Ie it only used 4mb like OOT)
because the gamecube limitations.

Basically, in anutshell you are emulating the worse version of the game.

No, but I have the gold cart of OOT.

The 3DS version is objectively better than the n64 version

The reverse is true for Majora's mask

the remake of the first is absolutely sterilized of all the things that made the original atmospheric and fun to explore.

Yeah going tomorrow at the one in Milan, pretty excited, I got a first row seat

I disagree

The OOT remake is the definitive version, it looks extremely close to all the concept art the game had, and adds more detail which adds to the atmosphere, if anything. Don't mistake shitty blurry pre-rendered backgrounds for "atmosphere", it was limitation.

MM3D is the opposite, the original is much closer to the concept art and more atmospheric.

except they do add atmosphere, nobody asked for a remake so nobody should care that it "almost" captures the atmosphere

wouldn't want kids to be subject to a dull looking town would we?

I have the jp Majora's Mask Expansion Pak bundle new and unopened.

What kills me is that you can tell they over saturated the shit out of everything strictly for the 3D.

What I mean was that it captures it better than the original

found it at an op shop for $60, it was a pretty rocking day

THE

WAITING

SO
MUCH
GOD
DAMNED
WAITING

This.
I never owned an N64 in the 90's.
I always had playstation, and when my Fat PS2 was busted in 2003, i went out and bought an N64 for £12 (got 3 games for £7 total :3)
One of these was OOT.
After having played the likes of vice city, Tekken 4 and Resident evil Code Veronica, all vissually nice for the time,
I was blown away by the quality and immersion of Ocarina, an "inferior tech" game. I had no prior Zelda experience to this.

Maybe it might be I was making the best of my lot (my N64 was all I had until 2005, i still have it) but i dont think the OOT effect is purpey Nostalgia... Or would this still qualify? I was 13 in 2003.

i first played ocarina of time in an emulator less than 4 years ago, it isn't nostalgia, it is a very immersive game

>I NEVER TOUCHED IT BECAUSE I ASSUMED IT WAS JUST MORE HINTS HOLY SHIT

This is exactly why the hint system should have never resembled the Sheika Stones. It's retarded because it marks out the stones as something that you should only use if you want to be babied through the game, when they're actually otherwise important.

this is how you spot underage users

I played it like one year ago and it really IS damn good.

>using :3
OwO what's this?

you don't have the patience to download a fucking file and put it into a folder? you flaming homosexual faggotron?

when i had a "going into games" machine - this woulve been early 2006- i used to go into majoras mask A LOTand one of my fav things to do was fondle romani at the ranch. one of the great things about fondling video game characters is they don't fight back or struggle because they don't recognise u as a player character..its like you dont exist. but let me tell you, she smelled like SHIT. in fact everybody i that game did..I got used to it after a while but that first moment when i smelt romani up close..i was almost sick. she looks clean & nice when you see her on television but when ur there stood next to her its a different story. The machine was stolen in the end and im kinda glad. it had started to take over my life

so the symphony of the goddess tour is coming to my town, anyone gone? is it worth it?

I'm flying to Japan to go the 30th anniversary concert. There's one in your town and you're still thinking about it?

pretty sure the 30th anniversary concert will be a lot more extensive than what they play at SotG

No, the boss rush mode is at your house in kokiri forest. Check your bed.

This is unironically my favorite game of all time. Nostalgia aside I can admit it hasn't aged well, but there's still no game that immerses me better or has a better adventure.

We don't really know that, it might be the exact same program. I'm still going because I haven't been to Japan before.

>OoT
>good

>This is unironically my favorite game of all time.

Why would anyone 'ironically' love Ocarina unless they considered themselves such a hipster that they could only deliberately fake appreciation for highly regarded things? It's the most critically acclaimed video game for a reason.

You know what I really hate about the remakes?
Seeing Link's stupid blank face throughout the whole game

Its cute user :3

I can't believe this thread is still up but
>mostly forgotten, despite being more innovative and original than Ocarina
Wrong.

gtfo, egoraptor.

What the hell does the Megaman lock-on even do?

It dig Dougs

Auto aims at targets and prevents you from doing anything but shooting.

If you're so retarded you can't set up an emulator in 3 minutes you deserve your stretched 16:9 trash you faggot.

This webm really shows how Oot was revolutionary. Put in Tomb Raider and it's perfect.

I think that is the GC version. N64 ran it at 20fps. Why the gamecube ran it worse I don't know.

Solid game. May just be nostalgia talking. I often find that friends of mine who didn't play it originally don't have any strong affinity for it. Some claim they don't like the camera, while others just profess a distaste for any 3D Zelda game.

It's funny, I recall reading one of the only letters in Nintendo Power that spoke poorly of OoT. They said they thought that all Zelda games should always be top-down, and that 3D was terrible. Their opinion, I suppose, but even back then I wondered how much of a cranky old man you'd have to be to think this.

>They used it as intro in the minish cap
I was impressed with how good it sounded on the GBA sound processor as well.

You know, even if half this stuff was demonstrably correct, it's possible for one pizza to have more toppings than another, but still taste like shit.

Christ that looks horrible

Which Zelda should I play if I like Ys games?
I want solid action, good soundtrack and atmosphere.

Skyward Sword, OoT + Adult Timeline games

I already did, was pretty great

Only thing that was kinda silly was they pretended to stop multiple times then continued after the applause anyway. It's fine at a band concert, but encores don't really work with orchestras. After a while it just got annoying 'oh great we just spend several minutes clapping for nothing AGAIN'.

>how Aonuma sees OoT.webm

>Which Zelda should I play if I like Ys games?

The NES games and Oracles.

>Skyward Sword, OoT + Adult Timeline games

Why? OoT is absolutely my favorite game of all time, but I don't know why you're recommend the post 64 3D games to someone who wants solid action.

OoT 3D is how he sees it and it looks a hell of a lot better

Nah, he only can see in Toon and Puzzles. Also giant eyeballs. He can't enter a room until he visualizes the door knob as a giant eyeball, then he knows that's what he needs to go for to solve the puzzle of opening a door.