>Heroes foiled villain's schemes
>Villain : Hehehe... Just as planned

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkft7zvv7ME
youtube.com/watch?v=WUlEtRjKk_0
youtube.com/watch?v=dPdZL32r7dA
youtube.com/watch?v=P9769vztXW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If what he has said is true then Eldibus isn't the villain, he is the agent of balance. His work will aid the ascians just as often as it undermines them.

I hope they kill off the Ascians. The fact that they're just the straight out bad guys makes anything they are involved with stupidly forced.

I hope they kill off the Ascians.
Feels like most of them suddenly dissappear after Lahabrea's 'demise'.

I havent done the story yet:
Are we going to the moon like in the 3.0 teaser?

>about six cutscenes of "it is all going just as we planned"
>right up until you stab one in the face and suddenly it's all "N-NO IMPOSSIBLE"

Nigger if your plan is to let me kill everyone I come across, maybe don't be surprised when I murder you?

They are here for the long haul.

The only reason I tolerate them is because I am a huge Ivalice fag and their worship of Zodiark makes my dick hard,

I am more upset that they dropped a series of enormous plot bombs on us with the warriors of darkness and then swept it all clean in the span of one patch and just a couple hours content. The fact they tried to make them sympathetic when they had been blatant antagonists just one scene before was bullshit too. There was some foundation here for some damn good stuff story-wise, but the absolutely god-awful pacing ruins that wholly.

hey it makes them more menacing than
>"w-what!? You beat the first boss?? IMPOSSIBLE"

In the words of the great mike tyson, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Literally the worst kind of faggy villains ever.

>IMPOSSIBLE
I don't recall any of them ever reacted this.

They were all like "Wow, you beat the first boss? This is according to my plan actually :^)"

I just created new characters to see the other starting location stories and they do that, with whoever the black mask ascian is,
>impossible how could you defeat this level 12 voidsent!?
>impossible, how can you be this strong!? even with the Scion next to you level synced?

i'm glad they picked up old plot bombs like ala mhigo and omega weapon

>inb4 resolved in next patch

Here's to hoping that we get to face the same conflict that Warriors of Darkness had.

No series can stand having the same villain over and over again without it coming off as boring.

Just look at Inuyasha. That anime has last for years with the same villain and people got so bored with it that the anime never had a proper ending.

Also the lore is confusing now. So there are 13 parallel worlds and ours the players is the source, the WoD is from the first and the void is the citizens of the voidsent and Cloud of Darkness. And somehow having too much goodness is a bad thing because of this yin yang crap of balance which is only prevalent in yellow nigger land, and Hydalyan is a useless bitch but then again she's a woman and chosen Milfits who was equally as useless.

Did I get the gist of the lore?

This is what the next expansion is going to be like, with I'm hoping, an eight man hard and extreme Omega fight. Omega was a NASTY foe to fight in the earlier FF days, and I'm hoping they keep to that tradition of him being one of the hardest things to fight in FF.

I wouldn't have mind the lack luster story of the WoD if the fight with them was at least good, but nope.

I was hoping we could get a trial against them or maybe a Divine Might type fight where we need 24 people to fight them.

havent played in a while and im a bit too poor to sub
what happened with minfillia dying
what did the heroes of darkness actually do and why are they here
why is there space ships

>the anime never had a proper ending.

I thought Inuyasha: The Final Act wrapped it up pretty well. Seshomaru needs his own show though.

Id be more bummed out about that if I wasn't at constant full erection with how cool Cruise Chaser is. Last tier and the summer event they catered directly to my sentai obsession, and now Cruise Chaser is pretty much a super-robot wet-dream.

>Heroes foiled villain's schemes
>In doing so they banish the concept of darkness from their world and create a light so powerful and unchecked that it threatens to consume them
>Heroes must turn to evil to save their world

You forgot the part where they must also an hero themselves in order to save their world too.

>All this gets dropped on you and then wrapped up in one patch cycle

It's shit jim.

>while being total douchebags about it.

I like to think they enjoyed playing the villains for once.

>Villain's plan was for the hero to succeed.
>Entire game villain's grunts have been gunning for you.

>Eldibus isn't the villain

He is literally Serpentarius/Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac. The snake.

He's Zodiark's vessel waiting to happen and he is more than likely the main antagonist of FFXIV more than any one else.

They tried to kill Alisaie, fuck them and their world.

>ZR has had 2 groups clear A9S now.
I REALLY hope you've cleared. It could be pretty embarrassing to be worse than ZR.

>The villain's plan was to be defeated by the hero, because deep down the villain wasnt evil

Wow its fucking nothing the easiest tier so far and they clear the literal easiest savage boss of this expac.

They should have let their world go out, because in the end their world would have been engulf with brilliance and life. There is nothing great about evil. Evil is just there to spread misery and evil upon the world.

Also, balance is shit. Nothing wrong with extremes, because "balance" is just another word for half assing. It's also associated with disgusting things like multiculturalism and diversity.

fucking a9s is easier than sophia, if you haven't cleared a9s that just means you don't have a group or they haven't even gone inside, sure as fuck isn't a skill test

>Ultima weapon was made to fight Bahamut
>Omega weapon was made to fight Shinryu
Shit's gone b gud

Becoming the void doesn't sound like brilliance and life considering how the whole soul and rebirth thing works.

Server is down post Sluts

>queue into palace 41-50 with a buddy
>no healer
>on the first floor, guy opens a chest mid-fight
>mimic
>guy dead and friend with pox
>Guys, can we wait to open chests after we're done fighting? Shouldn't even need to be said
>Can fags keep smart comments to themselves?

>wait until floor 49 is completely cleared and we're about to move to boss
>kick him

>brilliance and life
Yeah, brilliance that fucking eradicates all life.

Fuck off back to /vg/, faggot.

I agree, the fight is super simple but there are people on Cred Forums who are still struggling with it or are too scared to go in while ZR has two groups that have beaten it.

It's the ultimate enlightenment. It's obvious the entire light and dark is analogy to yin and yang that you see in Buddhism which is an eastern philosophy. You don't see "balance" in western religion since light and dark is treated as good and evil.

Better than to letting evil prevail. Think of dying by the light as the end of sacrifice and hard work. You're be lifted up into heaven because of your virtues.

But it's the same shit. You become part of the white hive mind instead of being part of the black hive mind. In the end you have no choice in the matter.

rip gigi i can't wait for this storyline to be over, hildibrand's 2.x story was much better

What's his name again?

m8 thinks hive mind is good. Even Hydaelyn prevents this from happening by sending Minfilia to the first reflection and soaking up the light, thereby saving everyone from white void.

To be fair it's the third day after the patch. I don't think that it's really that much of an indicator so far if someone has cleared it or not since a lot of people didn't even have their scheduled raids yet and they don't really care about server firsts, so why bother.
If people are genuinely complaining about the difficulty of that fight, well, fuck them, then.

al

Albert wasn't it?

Never played this game. Is elibius a reference to that wierd extra dungeon boss from fftactics? The wierd fight that felt like it was cut content that the devs left in since they put work into it?
>unexplained new summon/lucavi you can learn
>palate swap summon midgar zolom
>wierd npc that joins your party and was never refered to

Dindu nuffin!

Actually he did everything, and fully admits it. I do love memes, though.

>I maid u a new outfit Alisaie
>btw it comes with skates
Fuck off Tataru

still can't believe how hideous the colors they picked for that are.

New outfits for Papalymo and Yda next patch right?

Thought I was the only one. Alisaie's cloting color choices was garbage.

agreed, hope she gets a new one for 4.0

And they're both going to break down and stop raiding once they hit the actual hard fights, just like every alex tier right?

All the good raiders ZR had fucked off after ARR.

Don't get your hopes up, it's been built up long enough that it's almost certainly going to be part of the story, which means a braindead normal mode, and a fairly irrelevant EX mode.

tataru as well hopefully considering she's the one making them

she's wearing potato sacks still (applause)

I just want Tataru to die already.

die

She should be. The current one is just like not so fancy winter coat, not really suited to where we're going. Alphinaud's too.

There were actually some good groups in Midas.
One group had A8S on farm and 2 other groups had A7S on farm and made good progress on A8S.
That's a lot more than the average Cred Forums user can say about themselves.

She wore what seems to be like an upgraded version of her old rags in certain cutscenes (the one after we rescued Yshtola in Gridania's inn). Don't know why she switched back.

Sorry for poor res.

I still have to do alex normal.

>That's a lot more than the average Cred Forums user can say about themselves.

True. but the FC has still fallen really far from what it was in ARR, where one group was seriously competitive for server firsts (and even got a few iirc), and there were like 2 or 3 others that were only slightly behind as well.

>didn't cap lore at all due to hideous gear
>barely bothered with WCM
>realise I'm not even geared to access Alexander
WAKE ME UP

I was hoping for something cuter.

That's the same thing Yshtola wears (militia robe?), and Tataru constantly changes clothes. When she was an arcanist (briefly) she had the Acolyte set, she wore the Valentione and Thavnarian sets at points during Heavensward, etc.

>It's also associated with disgusting things like multiculturalism and diversity.

Dalmatica, I think. I know she changed clothing a lot but I think that one really suited her as an upgraded look.

>we want the Cred Forums audience

>he wanted to go on adventuring with us but couldn't

Mildly upset.

>this entire sequence where my character glares for like two minutes straight at the poor butler just trying to make you guys comfy with some champagne

So does WoL have canon poison-based PTSD now?

>"Maybe one day"
>he'll be an ultra-rare companion in 6.0 when they expand on the squadron system

JUST 8 MORE YEARS LADS

I'm surprised people post this screenshot when the level 50 fishing quest cutscene has a lot of quotes that reference thing like bait and bans.

After the titan quest line my character doesn't want to hear about wine ever again.

Because nobody fucking fish, my man.

I didn't check before doing the quest, does this only appear if you do it?

>tfw TWO (2) of the best BLMs in all of FFXIV came from ZR

They might not still be with us but Blackcat and Azusa deserved better

>manage to clear it on the first day when somewhat competent people were doing it
>everything afterwards were groups of 6 frogs who don't get shit
I'm glad I got my items from 9 and 10. Still have to suffer through 11 and 12. It is funny sometimes, though.
>tank Strike Cruiser
>shield phase
>shield goes down, he marks me
>two Frogoons run towards me for some reason, like shit nigga, haven't you ever seen a prey mark before? and what the fuck are you doing in front of the boss anyway?
>die
I mean shit I would usually get mad but it was so comical and cliche that I just couldn't.

I hate that I couldn't watch this and laugh due to associating that line with shitposting

This place has ruined me

Elidibus wants to revive Zodiark just like the other Ascians, he just goes about it in a different way.

The outcome of 3.4 wasn't "just as planned" but it works out for him either way because if the First hadn't been saved it would have turned into a void of pure light which would be unusable by Zodiark.

Because all the so-called good players fucked off to Gilgamesh to be carried, and then when you check and see how they're doing, they aren't doing any better than when they were on Ultros
Very few people actually deserved to be in Elysium and that was probably only Blackcat and 2-3 others

>Villain seems like more of a planning type and gives speeches and stuff
>Hero foils his long plan
>Villain gets pissed off, says along the lines of "Are you fucking kidding me?!", tears his shirt of to show he's ripped or pulls out a sword and is a master, and leaps at the hero swinging

Bonus points if it's not even at the end of the game, and for the rest of the game he's no longer the schemer type of villain, just the fuck shit up type.

There is a choice. It's called being good or evil. If you do good things you go to paradise; you do evil you get treated like the evil trash you are and get punishment.

Why is this so hard to understand? Light is the absolute of good while darkness is the absolute of evil and evil brings nothing but death and destruction.

So what's the best EU server and is there any Cred Forums guilds on any servers?

>It's another "Bye static I'm going to Gilgamesh to find a group despite being the worst person in my current static" day

Fuck these people, fuck Gilgamesh, and fuck SE for just allowing people to go to legacy servers

who midcore here?

I used to do all the hardcore stuff, but not anymore, lazy I guess.
I have become a filthy casual.

Someday we'll get another super amazing player who will transfer to Gilgamesh almost immediately

Why is it so hard for you to understand there's other concepts for black and white
The light they mean in game will burn their world til nothing is left, it's the same plot points from FF3

Me.

Just tryhard ex primals and call it a day.

The only Cred Forums guild is on Ultros. It's not a EU server but there are plenty of people from Europe
/Australia/UK in the FC.

Don't worry I'll never transfer ;)

There is no choice if your whole world gets swallowed by either dark or light. The only people with some kind of choice are the Warriors of Whatever of that world. Everyone else is fucked and forced into whatever they caused.
Also, conforming to a higher power just because everyone tells you they're good isn't really always the right choice.

Even the WoD said it again at the again that Light and Dark don't matter.

What matters is how you used it.

Right in front of fucking Hydaelyn too.

>genocide is fine when light does it

Okay you fucking faggot.

I got to raid for a while for Midas and got up to A7S but just got bored cause that fight is dreadful and hated being tied down by a schedule
I might try raid finder for shits and giggles but it's not a priority for me now

Apparently there's a Cred Forums LS on Shiva. The server also seems to be somewhat populated, but you probably shouldn't play on it unless you're a kraut.

Always the better choice in SMT too.
>muh neutral that fix nothing

I just want to craft, sit in my glorified chat room and ERP nowadays. The last static I was going to trial for ended up disbanding before they even gave me a date and time to show up and the leader didn't even notify me, like what the fuck.

I'll probably clear Sophia later this week and maybe find a group of semi-regulars to attempt Savage, but that shit gets really tiresome really quickly when you have to resort to recruiting pugs every week.

Betatron pls.

SONIC BOOOOM

It's rediculous how fast statics break up in this game. I attribute this to the fact that those parties are only 8 in size (which makes the role of being a replacement player pretty shitty) and usually feature buddies raiding together, so if someone decides to leave, it causes a chain reaction which causes everything to fucking fall apart.

On the upside I'm on the waiting list for my FC's second raid group but AFAIK we're only at about 4/8 applicants so who knows when that's going to materialize.

I've felt like I've been stuck in a rut when it comes to raiding for god knows how long.

Has anyone bought the Chink dress yet?

It's not genocide. It's the end result and the beginning of light radiating over the world. A world with no evil and tainting to pollute the world and the beginning of paradise.

It's purging evil. You can't fix with is beyond fixing. Do you know what insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results with is what the game is doing. It keeps doing the same shit of finding some retarded gray area, but gray is disgusting. It's half assing, it's like people at work doing the bare minimal, it's like race mixing you've now inherited the worse of both aspects of a parent instead of being absolute good at one thing.

The "WoD" even said it themselves they were destroying every evil they ran into in their world. There is no reason to believe they're lying so they were good people and the end result was the good end.

Servers are up! Time to go and idle at your idle spot all day.

Dark=/=evil
Light=/=good
You=retard for assigning morality to concepts that are essentially forces of nature in this setting

Statics are just a response to this game's generally incompetent player population, and an inept development team that doesn't know how to incentivise multiplayer interactions or cultivate individual skill.
If SE could implement some real quality control (making SSS clears a requirement to queue for raid content would be a very good start) and engineer some progression content that's gated organically by iLv and skill, rather than weekly lockouts and RNG drops, and maybe people wouldn't feel compelled to isolate themselves from the rest of the cretinous playerbase.

I don't disagree with you.

The ultimately irony is that creating or finding a group to avoid these headaches ends up being a massive headache in itself.

Well let's see here all the bad guys have been evil so far. All the good guys have been in the light. So it isn't a coincidence that all the villans have been in the dark and evil.

Alex is light based though

the warriors of darkness arent inherently even either

Will we ever be in the same predicament?

I loved how he lost his shit and went like 'you only answer our prayers NOW?!'

Literally MMO shutdowns.

I haven't finished Alex yet, but I'm banking Alex is a hero purging trash.

The warriors of darkness are evil trying to "save" their world when the end results was for them to go into the light. There is no reason why virtuous person would refuse to go into the reward of paradise.

Just goes to show that Hydalan is also evil. That's why she must be purged along with Zordork.

He had every rights to be though.

because light doesnt mean paradise in their sense

light is literally perfection as in nothingness, its a void. Dying is better for them because they at least continue to exist in the lifestream, light just means its all completely over for them. Its basically the same as death in our world

So the entire story is a homage to FFXIV 1.0?

Crystalmom is such a cunt.

Pic related, the best parent in FFXIV.

Devout of Darkness had a lewd voice unlike the Ranger of Darkness.

>we never know her name

I fucking hate ff13-2 because of this cliche shit. It doesnt even make any sense, what a garbage game.

Nothing wrong with perfection. That's ultimately what life strives for so they're getting the reward the ultimate enlightenment.

WoD are just a bunch of kids who are butthurt they can't keep their ego even though they did do good they just won't do the final step into enlightenment.

>Just goes to show that Hydalan is also evil

I don't think she is evil, just incapable of keeping herself in check should the balance sway too far on her side.

Was anyone else pissed off that the Urianger twist "worked" because his voice actor was changed? I honestly cannot remember if he spoke at all post heavensward. Not that it wasn't obvious as fuck anyway.

You're misunderstanding what perfection means

Its literally nothingness.

CAN'T BE THINKING OF ANYTHING ELSE WHEN WE GO TO ALA MHIGO AND SAVE THE WORTHLESS SHITS WHO LIVE THERE

This isn't what I pictured Urianger to look like at all.

Hydaelyn pls go

>Dindu

That's the Ala Mhigans

Someone will always buy whatever SE puts on Mogstation. There's tons of fujo players that can't resist.

That is what perfection is. Buddhism which the entire "balance" crap stems from is the end result of ultimate enlightenment.

She's incompetent so that means she isn't good.

Perfection isnt the end goal for humans then

Do you think everyone would be okay with our entire existence to just not exist anymore? the WoD's motive is pretty obvious

Pretty sure the Ala Mhigans are the Allah Akbars since they live in the desert and chopping off people's heads and treat women like shit.

I bought it because I really likes qipao dresses.

The 30% exp bonus is really nice though

Urianger's plan was to pull a Xehanort?

They won't care about such trivial things once they're enlightened.

Where does it say they "become enlightened" in their world when light evaporates everything

That's what entering the light is about. it cast aside all the worldly needs and puts you ultimate enlightenment.

> Nigga you best not be tryna poison me, i'm wise to that shit now

You're pulling references from things that arent related to the game, so you're incorrect

> Warriors of Darkness get angsty
> You fight them in a duty
> Deus Ex Hydaelen interrupts and fixes everything
> "cya senpai"
> No trial fight
> No 1on1 showdown
> Doesn't do anything in the plot apart from deliver lore

What a waste, the Warriors of Darkness should have been more integral.

The game is based on Buddhism. You don't see this "balance" nonsense in western religion.

>The game is based on Buddhism

Based does not mean it follows the same rules, so you're still incorrect

I loved this part. Felt like WoL had actual character rather than just a stand in for the player.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop posting characters!!! /VG/ /VG/!!

You could have fooled me since all the villains are evil and all the heroes are good.

>Calls themselves warriors of darkness.
>Insults you without reason.
>Are clearly sadistic.
B-but they only did it because they wanted to save their own world! They're clearly good guys that just loves to see suffering in other people.

They insult you because you represent hydaelyn who they see as responsible for the shit in their world.

>Hydelyn is the blue pill
>Zodiark is the red pill
>Warriors of Darkness originally swallow the blue pill, world ends up destroyed
>no surprise
>Warriors of Darkness swallow the red pill and realize balance is needed
>Extreme left and Extreme right is defeated
>world is saved

Pottery

It is fine. The world needs to lighten up a bit on genocide. The world would be a better place if America let Russia genocide the taliban, and again if America had let Sadam genocide those tribal fucks that didn't care for civilisation.

So is Alisae laying the foundation for Red Mage?

All the scions so far have been player classes so...

yes

>Red Mage reconfirmed again and again
>still nothing on Samurai

When bros?

Samurai will be a healer.

Please look forward to it.

it better be a fucking dps I swear to god I am sick of all the sword classes being tanks. LEt it share gear with DRG if they want it to be a heavy.

>mfw genji mains get butthurt when samurai is a tank job

>inb4 no slammin SAM

Free butthurts for everyone.

I don't play FFXIV, but I watched the current patch trailer and saw it had Palace of the Dead, right down to the bgm. Is it actually Nybeth waiting at the bottom?

we don't know yet, we only have floors 1-50. As of next patch its going all the way down to 200.

>Minfilia supposedly gone for good
Fucking watch, they're gonna do some backwards ass shit to bring her back.

inb4 red mage requires clearing all of 3.55 story plus purchasing 4.0

They were pretty explicit with her being "gone but not really." Even her adoptive mom says she's waiting for the day Minfilia comes back. We'll see her again in 4.x

>plus purchasing 4.0
This one is already a given.

Also they said they won't gate expac content behind story anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=gkft7zvv7ME

inb4
>Red Mage - DPS
>Samurai - Tank
>Performer/Patissier/Onmyoji - Healer

Man the Sahagin storyline was pretty neat. Shame that beast tribe story quests are so fucking far apart.

>healer based on feeding cake to people
I'd play it.

Didn't the devs say that making 3 jobs was too much and that they wouldn't be doing it again? I do agree that after the MSQ red mage will most likely be the a dps job for the next expansion, only real question is if samurai will be a second dps or a tank.

They did. But I think that was because they also introduced Ninja during the patch too. Not holding my breath for 3 jobs though. Also 2 DPSs is going to be overkill for the queue.

I've often heard that but never actually seen a source. It wouldn't surprise me though, HW patches generally feel like they have less content compared to ARR ones and 4.0 may likely continue the trend.

When is the 4.0 reveal event? October __?

Not as bad nowadays with reputation rewards all doubled, but fucking hell it really makes it hard to keep track of what's going on when you're trying to do them all at once. Still worth it for the wombo combo to murder that dirty Tia fuckboy.

Shinryu doesn't exist because Midgy.

Shinryu could be one of Midg's children. He said he has 7 but we only know of 5.

Fanfest is weekend of the 14th, so maybe then.

Why is it that whenever they introduce a male cat NPC, he's always some insufferable special snowflake faggot?
>Arcanist guildmaster
>Crystal Tower faggot
>Beast tribe faggot

Why don't people ever use the Manticore on the bosses in PotD?

Because it does shit damage to bosses.

>Bosses are never a threat.
>Manticore can't knock the boss back so it only does 500 damage.
>Manticore trivializes the real floors which are the only thing that can possibly wipe you.
Gee I wonder.

Male cats lead a hard life. They are either alpha Nunh breeding stock that get a whole tribe as their harem, but have to deal with a bunch of horny catsluts bitching and running off to get raped by Amal'jaa, or they are beta Tia fuckboys that will never get to fuck one of their own race (despite catgirls putting out for literally everyone else in Eorzea) and their permanent status as blue-balled bitch boys makes them whiny and desperate for approval, like a bunch of excommunicated males from an American polygamist cult.

Personally, my Tia has the backstory of moving to Ul'dah to become a craftsman and jew hard until he could craft the perfect set of armour to go fuck up his dad and then spend the rest of his days fucking his mum and sisters.

Finally.

As noble a goal as I've ever heard

meant for

>That voice
Oh Biribiri, I'd recognise you anywhere.

Bitch where's your face markings

I'm with you on this because I'd rather they fix the fucking tanks other than WAR to be actually somewhat fun instead of adding a new one.

>obscenely smug
>with that ugly up-turned nose

>Its not bait
>it's an empty hook
>a joke image that is fundamentally wrong has persisted in a thousand different forms for several years.
>Some people probably think the empty hook IS bait, and now associate the word, or even substitute the word.
>The original joke is buried deep under a mountain of mistakes.

But the hook being bait is bait itself

Are you 100th percentile tho

Does anyone know how to get the new outdoor trees? I cannot for the life of me find any information.

Seems like an upcoming event or something.

Yes, where he fuck Rin's tight little pussy

No, because jews already have them up on the marketboard.

Hear, hear. I just resub to see the story, grind out casual stuff and then I tune out for another three months.

Everyone is marked 100th percentile on that screen. If you click on the specific fight it will say your real percentile.

Is the warrior of light the strongest FF protagonist?

The story makes me feel like an unkillable god

It make a lot of sense you're damn if do or not may as well go out in a flash

oh shit you're right, well don't I feel silly now. I guess 94 is ok too

Lightning singlehandedly killed God.

wew lad
e
w

l
a
d

>a12s already cleared
What a shitty raid tier.

Me
I used to raid and even got an A3S clear back before 3.3, but after I quit raiding when my group got to A7S I've just been lazy with no motivation to do any hard content
Really I'm just here for the music

Based Yoshi, shitting all over autistic raidfags.

>doesnt even raid
>complains the tier is too easy
why is thing a thing in MMOs? The salt is real over on the wow side too now that mythic EN got full cleared with 24 hours of releasing.

>yoship says it'll take 5 days
>takes 2

wew

But everyone and their grandma is a god or goddess in the ff world

More or less

>An imbalance in light and dark is somehow bad
>Implying there is anything bad about a completely light world

Seriously I couldn't give any less of a fuck about the little ala mexicans at this point

The concept of existence skewed too far to one end of a spectrum is hardly something new, you know. It's been played with many times before and is a hell of a lot less shitty than "darkness = bad".

It probably is if the light is so bright that it eradicates all life.

>mfw we get the "Yda is the daughter of the last ala mhigan king and you help her reclaim her home and throne" cliche as the main story

this was actually explored all the way back in the final fantasy (actual) III. Just like darkness, it can become too much and wind up destroying all shit. Possibly implied, and also showing up as an alternate skin in Dissidia, that the CoD showed up in their world as a Cloud of Light. The Warriors of Darkness are sealed, and when you break them free they sacrifice themselves so Cloud of Darkness can be weakened and destroyed.

>Best players in the world
>Not a single Hyur, Roe or Elezen in sight

Explain this

People who play those races are too busy circlejerking over how special and unique they are for not being a cat/lizard/potato .

Yeah I know it's a recurring thing in FF and lots of fantasy stories but it just seems silly that after destroying all the evil in the world the consequence of that is somehow a world where things are more fucked than when evil was running around genocideraping everyone

But if you actually paid attention in the latest MSQ, that isn't true. Gundobalt knows both Yda and her father. Both she and her father fought in the revolution AGAINST King Theodoric.

Warrior of Light is beyond death because of the Echo. Just like the Ascians and Warriors of Darkness, WoL can use it to remove his soul from a dying body and transfer it to a new one.

Do you think his motives are... complex?

People with actual taste aren't turbo NEETs who want to clear content as fast as possible just so that they can feel superior and would rather take their time to appreciate the game they're paying for.

>someone accomplishes something you can't
>still find a way to feel superior

If the "best players in the world" are the people who clear the final floor of the current tier first, then the "best players in the world" would be changing a lot.

I'd wish that hip swing from the mogry dance was a separate dance.

I'll clear A12S just like I cleared A8S.
I just won't dedicate 3 full days to non-stop raiding just to be the first in the world to ever beat that content since I have a job.

Each of those world firsts have a job on 300k starting.

Why do I see them idling in the middle of I dyllshire for entire days then?

>used to clear content faster than all my in-game friends
>now they're going to clear it faster than me
Suddenly I don't enjoy FFXIV anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=WUlEtRjKk_0

Exponential Entropy > Brute Justice > Locus > AP Phase 1 > Metal > Rise > Entropy > Sins of the Father, Sins of the Son

Because they're at work when they're idling.

So do they just leave their computer on when they go to work or do they get paid 300K to play FFXIV?

youtube.com/watch?v=dPdZL32r7dA

what

I'm sorry, does Healer gear in this patch share aesthetics with Ranged DPS gear?

>233/240

I like doing hard content, but my lack of willingness to put up with all the bullshit that comes with guilds and statics has neutered any attempt at doing meaningful.
>Do Ravana EX when it was super fresh
>Spend 3 hours trying to down him in a learning party
>Down him twice before group disbands
>Join a "clear" party
>They perform even worse
>Spend a combined 4 hours bouncing between groups trying to down him 8 more times for my tokens

The countdown feature is shit.

Thats just sun seeker lore. The other kind of Mi'quote are much less Lionish.

The Keepers of the Moon men have it even worse. They aren't given proper names, just numbers, and they're cast out from their villages when they come of age to become drifters.

The only thing that fucks up worlds like that is the people at that point.

I prefer that one more really.

They mostly seem to enjoy it. The ACN guildmaster can't sit his ass down in one place for more than a minute. But it still seems like a shitty life for anyone not used to it like they are.

The Arcanist guildmaster is a suncat.

Cat-Hyur mix breed.

Shit, you're right. I haven't done those quests since 2.0 so I could've sworn he was a moon cat. Are there any moon cat NPCs to go off of except the Coeurlking?

Even I have poison-based ptsd now
>butler offers wine
>cutscene hangs suspiciously long on the butler mixing stuff in with the cups
>mfw WoL and Ayylmao start a toast
>NO FUCK SQUARE STOP NOT AGAIN AHHHHH
>nothing happens

So next anima will be what, 260?

Otherwise its outdated

You started out coherent then suddenly devolved into completely nonsensical Cred Forums talk, it was like watching the debate all over again.

There's a point at which this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it.

A to the L to the E X ANDER

but let's keep going and see what happens

>He's gonna smash his dick against the keyboard and do savage instead of peacefully grind out a relic

Kek

I can't make out a word of those lyrics except RISE WITH ME RISE WITH ME RISE WITH ME RISE UP

>autism accompanied with a Thomas the Tank Engine image

Checks out.

Doing A9-12 has reminded me how much I fucking hate other healers

>got put in with a white mage in A9
>he doesn't do anything besides sit around doing nothing, throw a cure 2 on the tank and cure 3 even when everyone is already at full HP
>a grand total of FIVE DAMAGE PER SECOND when I'm doing 800 WHILE healing WHILE swapping cards WHILE making sure that the dps doesn't die to burn for the 3rd time
>somehow the main tank STILL dies if I don't keep a close eye on him even though this fucking white mage isn't even doing damage so its not like they're bound by cleric stance
FUCK ALL THESE "HEALERS"

>Having 1 piece of 270 gear instead of 1 piece of 275 gear

Savage gear has a unique skin this time. Or rather it's the normal gear with more details.

>ast shitters thinking they have any right to complain
WE HAD TO PUT UP WITH YOUR SHITTY CLOWN CLASS FOR THREE PATCHES

I didn't even start playing AST until I read how buffed they were.
I'm a SCH main

But what are plans? can you plan for that plan to have that plan be foiled? Are we the ones that make the plans or are we just pawns in a greater plan? is this great plan just a collective thought of all our smaller plans? Yes, maybe, no, absolutely nya.

Aquapolis I think.

FORWARD AND BACK, AND THEN FORWARD AND BACK, AND THEN MOVE FORWARD AND BACK, AND THEN ONE FOOT FORWARD.

ayyy

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/306094-A12-savage-World-first-3-days-after-patch

But they're not just destroying all the evil, they're spreading Light everywhere which has its own sort of metaphysical properties I suppose. Imagine it sort of like matter and nothingness, a world filled entirely with matter and nothing separating anything would basically just be one giant dead sphere, as a world filled with absolutely nothing would be a void.

I hate how bad people pick healer and think they are helping because they are a healer

Healing is the most stressful job. If you're a beta fuckboy who cant handle stress and responsibility, then dont fucking play it. God I hate all these shitty cat/dragon slut healers.

I see nothing wrong with this. Getting stuck on the same boss for 3 months wasn't really enjoyable and hopefully more than 1% of the population will be able to clear the Creator.

Going to borrow a good explanation on how TES lore works to help explain how FFXIV lore works. Both are based on Eastern philosophical ideals. It might help people who aren't already versed in it.

Rather than light an dark, look at it as Is and Is Not. It is by alternating both values that you get beginning and ends. From here, imagining it like music. Like a song. If you only have IS, you have every single sound possible playing at once all the time at the same time. It wouldn't even sound like anything but a constant deafening drone. Every sound is there, but like this you can't even tell it's different noises. Having only IS NOT is.. just plain silence. Constantly. By saying certain noises stop and start, you get distinctions that create things as complex as music or as mundane as a bird chirp or foot steps.

It's not even a question. You need both values for the world to work.

If you are some kind of NEEEEEERD, Light is the 1, and Dark is the 0.

I wouldn't have a problem with this trope if the writers that used it foreshadowed the idea that you were playing into someone's hands more often.

It's so easy to show the heroes having a straight forward victory and then then some douche with perma-closed eyes is hiding behind a rock saying "...or did you!? mwa ha ha ha ha ha!"

Also keep in mind that "defeating foes" doesn't even necessarily mean "defeating evil". Primals for example aren't inherently evil (Shiva, Ramuh, the 12 supposedly), but their existence still has a negative impact on the world.

>Want to try duel 1vs1 as a healer
>Since it's 1vs1 I expect SE to let the healers have fun too and let them use Cleric stance
>lol nope enjoy your 300dmg stone 3

Like seriously, the only viable strategy is to let anyone who's trying to fight you give up on their own or to push them out of the arena as a WHM.

SE WHY

>expecting anything from player vs player system AT ALL

Rookie's mistake.

>doing perfectly fine in a9 for it only being 1 day after release
>"that guy" is in your party

we beat it only after 1 wipe too, was using ACT and the dps was way above 90% of df dps too

Does duelling at least give Wolf Marks?

I don't think so.

Just got done with all of Alexander. Holy shit what a fight. Though the early parts are vaguely similar to Bahamut Prime, no?

SONIC BOOM

Villain has a plan A and a plan B, but not plan C. He knows you can foil his schemes in a myriad of ways, but he has a contingency course of action in case you foil him in a very specific way. Sure, his plan is to succeed, but if you also foil his scheme in the way he planned, he'd me snarky about it and continue with his plan.
It like... say hate a guy, so you send him on a suicide mission, right? If he manages to fulfill the mission's objective, good for you, you just made some major progress and killed the MC. If he dies, well, that was the plan of the suicide mission, and now you got one less asshole to pay and care for. The MC literally did you a favor. Now, if the MC recruited that guy, then you'd be in trouble.

what did he mean?

>Though the early parts are vaguely similar to Bahamut Prime,
Don't you mean most of it?
>Miniature Alex Prime
>Stacking AoE (although pretty standard at this point)
>Adds phase that gives shit ton on LB point
>EBIN super raid attack that required tank LB3

Don't forget to buy your 3 cactpot tickets.

The Ascians seem to favor stacking Xanatos Gambits on top of each other.

Other Ascians acted like they're hotshit and now they're dead.

Elidibus played it smart by acting like your ally.

>too much light, world ends
>too much dark, world ends

fuck the gods, the worlds needs to be back in the hands of man! a blade forged by his destiny!

youtube.com/watch?v=P9769vztXW4

THE REINS OF HISTORY BACK IN THE HANDS OF MAN

>what did he mean?

He means Zodiark is Promathia and we're entering a Chains of Promathia redux, complete with 'voids', a plucky young Elezen/Elvaan heroine and super long story/plot driven cutscenes.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not familiar with the game, just suggesting a story telling explanation to this phenomenon.

>First mid patch jobs are too much
>Then three dungeons per tier is too much
>Then three jobs per expansion is too much
These motherfuckers are awfully lazy considering FF14 is literally the only reason SE pulled a profit in recent times.

No, Warrior of Light has the same weakness as the Ascians in that if hes hit with something that can trap his aether he will die permanently. WoL is only as strong as the plot permits

>XV is going to be a huge success and bring mad profits to SE allowing them to experiment more with XIV

Too bad it won't happen and XV will bomb.

>He argues over what people use for image reactions
No, now that is the actual autism right here.

SE cannibalized the XIV team for other projects e.g. XV, 7RE, KH3

They don't have the staff to work on the game as much as they would like to, SE took everyone for FFXV.
Guess why Yoshida ask people to take as job as SE every fanfest?

>>Then three dungeons per tier is too much
There's other content being added besides dungeons though now

Yeah diadem and verminion suck ass but Palace has potential and is being expanded, and aquapolis is fun.

Speaking of PotD, I fucking love the addition of the accursed hoard, and it also give some GOOD rewards and not only on the last floor available.

I just got a materia IV and a red panda from 2 bronze chest for example.

Let's not pretend gaymurs know fuck all about storytelling or literature in general.

They barely know how to spell. Why would I trust them with reading?

Does anyone know how to enable soft target on a keyboard? Whenever I tab I only hard target I never get a soft target and the other big arrow never shows up when I right click a mob.

It'sn ot in setting?

>An actual unironic thread with minimal shitposting
>About FFXIV

Cred Forums, you scare me sometimes.

Apparently I had to jump through hoops and change some of the keybinds to get it to work. Still pisses me off that click filter doesn't work because I'm still able to click on party members even though I have it filter.

A lot of us wanna talk about XIV but can't stand the /vg/ threads so....

right here

I do all my normal shit for the week, do the latest EX Primal and maybe some old EX Primals with the FC, and then I'm done for a little while

Until we can do PartyFinder Savage groups in North America like the Asians can I'm not doing savage shit

It's the same thing that happened with ZR on Ultros.
All the cancerous people fucked off to a containment thread/FC so the Cred Forums corner is completely clean and friendly.

Believe it or not, there was a time in the /vg/ threads before the seras and paks of the world settled in and made it their home. If WoW and Tera hadn't become liquid shit for years, we wouldn't have had to deal with any of their refugees.

This thread just kinda reminds me of the old days, and it's sad that this much discussion about the game could still exist. Well, patch and all, but still.

>Aymeric has the 'fuck me' eyes at dinner

This patch really felt like an 'ending' to the Ishgard chapter of the WoL's adventures, but I feel sad they didn't actually put in a more formal goodbye to the Fortemps/Aymeric to really emotionally wrap it up.

I think they'll be back, especially when we go into full out war against Garlemald. You husbando is not out of the frying pan yet.

the villain is obviously Lahabrea

just fucking die already. he's not even permaded like igesomething, since the sword hasn't been shattered. or at least not to my memory.

wait...so is Urukalhai a Allagan from another dimension or some shit?

Are all the Lominsans with guns Machinists, or is there a possibility we get another gunslinging job, like Buccaneer?

He's from one of the other 13 worlds that zodiark was split into. He said it was destroyed because of abusing primal energies, which is why he wants to stop it on our world.

How he got here, who knows.

If you have ACT installed it reads out the last boss of Hullbrealer hard mode as a MCH.

I was really expecting a Moogle King type Trial man, what a let down

I feel like they're reluctant to introduce any true ranged pure dps, because they'd lose all the brd and mch players to the new job on the spot.

They know very well ranged roles are popular, especially ones like old 2.0 brd that could move around, and currently these people have to play support as a 'tax' if they wanna play that role.

>'tax'
>not topping the charts with 16k wildfires

Well I'm a mch too, so you wont find me complaining that the 'support' jobs punch well above their weight in practice

Rate my galaxy idol.

Kill yourself.

They're musketeers. Was supposed to be the gun class in 1.0 but never got implemented. The current marauder's guild used to be the musketeer's guild.

>Windows 10
>pink backround
>plays a miqo'te
>hideous mismatched color scheme
>Disney Princess-tier aesthetics

0/10, you are either legally blind or fatally unfashionable

>He's from one of the other 13 worlds that zodiark was split into. He said it was destroyed because of abusing primal energies, which is why he wants to stop it on our world.

Does Unukalhai actually state this or is it left to interpretation? It makes sense given what he's said before and the events of this patch, I just can't remember if he was that explicit about it.

>Does Unukalhai actually state this or is it left to interpretation?
He says it after Sephirot. The warriors of light of his world trapped the Primals in auracite and used them as power batteries, but the Primal energies warped the heroes into aether hungry monsters that sucked the world dry.

I get it

>want to do sephirot
>looks like some hardcore shit, and I'm a White Mage so more responsibility on me
>getting performance anxiety before even signing up
Should I stop being a faggot and just do it?

The entire Sephirot fight is literally to go left for mechanics as a healer and go right for mechanics as a dps. You have to be actually fucking retarded to screw it up.

That thumbnail is not the pic I uploaded.