Who /quick play only/ here?

Who /quick play only/ here?

I play competitive because I want a gold weapon

Unless I'm with a group of friends who aren't autists

>want to play competitive
>not really that good at any roles but healers because YOU CAN'T FUCKING PLAY ANYTHING ELSE IN QM
Like fuck I have pretty high win rates on average whenever I play as a healer because no one else ever does, but I'd really like to try out something else. Thing is I only get to do this every 10 matches or so since everything is full of HANZO GENJI WIDOW MCREE spam the instant the game starts.

I only quick play because I can't stand having to continue after people have left with no replacements.

I only play quickplay to practice characters I'm bad at (ie Hanzo), and sometimes only stay in a game long enough to be sure my connection is good

Or for stacking heroes like Winston or Torb

I can't play against multiple meis, torbs, or bastions

nah man, I can't

fuck that

I honestly dislike having multiples of one hero so much I just play ranked to avoid it

Me. Competitive isn't fun and playing it just makes me miserable. At least in QP I can leave stupid matches whenever I want, and stack heroes if I feel like messing around. Contrary to what most people just parrot out, most matches in QP tend to follow the whole 2-2-2 thing people harp on about in Comp with minimal hero stacking.

I play Paladins, the superior game.

here
have competitive friends that keep bugging me wanting to play in competitive

not only that its just so happens that my favorite character gets hardcountered somewhat by the most of the cast

People still play Overwatch?
My friends stopped like one month after release and never went back.
Glad I didn't buy it, the beta was enough shittiness as I can take.

>Contrary to what most people just parrot out, most matches in QP tend to follow the whole 2-2-2 thing people harp on
The only thing consistent for most QP games for me has been at >=1 Hanzos. Healers barely ever happen and if they do, they're Zens who don't ever use their fucking heal orb.

Gold revolver's all I need. Good thing too, as I find myself playing him more because I usually play Support and have to switch because the dps is dire.

>9 loss streak while 4-gold every match

I know stats aren't everything, but jesus fuck. ELO hell is real when your luck in teammates is as shit as mine

I've noticed longer waits getting into Competitive matches, when Season 1 would be more or less instant. Blizzard's trickle feed of content isn't helping either, with only one map and one character introduced so far.

>Want gold weapons
>No friends own Overwatch
>Forced to solo queue
>Lose literally every match
/quickplay4life/, I pretty much have no choice in the matter.

The only thing ruining QP is Mei, but in QP I can D.va without being bullied.

Comp is always the fucking same with the same line up, it's fucking boring, in quick play I can do whatever I want, efficient or not. If I am winning, but not having fun, then I'd rather lose but have fun.

Don't forget at least one player whining at the end of the match, win lose or draw.

going to get reaper's this season

>Tfw you wasted your free gold from S1 on a hero you barely use/are shit with

>YOU CAN'T FUCKING PLAY ANYTHING ELSE IN QM

what
why not? I just pick whatever I want on QP

>no healers on offense
>I'm last pick
>pick torb because it's QP and nothing matters
>someone else switches to healer anyway or we lose fast as fuck and I move on to the next match

Who and why?

Zarya. Thought it was a good idea at the time, since her gold is a massive fucking laser that I could flaunt in people faces. Many matches later of getting relentlessly bodied by enemy Zarya's without the gold who LOVED to use that laughing emote made me realise I fucked up.

Okay, I just got this game and just hit 25, my friends are all gold, I'm not saying I'll place better, but is it better to queue with them to get my rank or queue solo?

This. Did my placement matches and got 2762. I'm ok with that I guess but when do you get those comp points? I know you get more than those 10 a match they give you.

Press the "i" next to comp mode
End of season rewards
IIRC Plat gets 800 points

Gain some levels with them in quick play before jumping right into competitive. You'll learn how to improve and work with each other better without a penalty if you lose.

>tfw zarya vs zarya fights

Shit is intense, especially when both go for the toblerone

Thank you familia.

I don't feel like people are truly ready for competitive until level 50 or so. And even then, there's a lot more left to be learned.

I had better luck solo queue than with other people, ironically.

But does it use your best or current when calculating it at the end of the season?

Your best.
>tfw a guy I just played with dropped from 2999 to 2899
>enemy team all attained diamond before, no one on our team ever had
>we lose and he drops even more
>tfw always getting shitty teams that infight and don't use mics and play 4 DPS whenever I get close to diamond

>get placed at ~2400
>play 5 more matches, hit platinum
>haven't played comp in 2 weeks and having fun

I have no regrets fuck comp

Who free 11 loot boxes here? Got any legendary?

How?

Not me, it's not faiiiiirr.

It's Blizzard fucking up

I haven't played for a month, am I going to get this?

Well fuck. I didn't get jack shit.

I'm a little mad. At least give me 5 free boxes or some shit. I even bought a few