Is this game worth playing or is it another F2P shitfest?

is this game worth playing or is it another F2P shitfest?

Yes it's worth it the only paid things are visuals such as animals or special footstep effects

The only non cosmetic benefit you can get from paying is more stash tabs. It's what diablo 3 should have been

There's quite a bit of grind, but none of it is offset by paying, so it's basically the best ARPG on the market right now. Grim Dawn is also okay, but it's not my cup of tea. Either way, both of them are leagues better than D3.

Diablo 3 is miles better than poe, especially if you play it on console

you will spend 20 hours playing until you hit a roadblock and discover that your build is shit

it's not very fun desu

Endgame is mostly focused on trading because of the horrible droprates and it has MMO tier daily quest grinds, but if you are fine with that then it's not a bad game.
Basically you will almost never use things you drop at endgame, all drops might as well be replaced by currency because you will just try to sell it anyway so you can buy the stuff you actually want to use.

Also i wouldn't really say it's f2p, buying some stash tabs is basically mandatory, to automate trading so you don't spend 60% of your time 'playing' the game by sitting on trade chat/forum, but they are reasonably priced.

I'm new to the game, What's the most fun buid/class to play?

That's a super loaded question because there a quite a few playstyles even per class. As far as low cost, beginner friendly stuff, you'll probably want to play a tanky marauder class (probably earthquake) or you might want to look around the witch forums for stuff because levelling spells is the quickest compared to bows/melee.

>Is it a good game in its own genre?
yes
>is there a good game in its genre
no they're all awful, just awful

Aren't totems build better for low cost/leveling

It's great for a f2p game, but if you want a better h&s experience and don't mind paying, play Grim Dawn.

It's the best ARPG currently available.

It's also the best Free to Play game that has ever existed in the context of the amount of content you get for nothing.

Totems are pretty solid no matter what your budget, but they tend to take a few unique jewels to not be garbage and you also have to spend the first 30 levels pretty gimped because you're using bad levelling skills until you get to ancestral bond. That said, totem builds are usually really safe, so they're nice for HC.

Kinda fun.
Mostly fun if you're playing it for the first time.
I got a few thousand hours out of it before I got bored.

I think the most fun I had was Incinerate with Three Dragons, don't know if that's a thing anymore. I remember it being kind of shit until I got Cloak of Defiance. Basically you shoot a cone shaped flamethrower that becomes stronger when you stand in one place, and use that rune that warps you around the map when you get hit, while having lifesteal up the ass. I think it got less effective with the lightning damage changes now though.

I've played both, a few hundred hours in Path and thousands of hours in Diablo 3. They are both good and I play both when their new seasons/leagues come out, but Path's levelling grind really wears me down. Diablo 3's adventure mode is GOAT.

Blade Vortex is insane levelling. It's smooth progression from start to end game.

Excellent bait, have a well deserved (you)

it's not really a f2p shitfest. More like a Grindy/trading shitfest. Quite fun though.

How?
D3 went fucking shit when they re-worked weapon rolls and removed RMAH.
Time of my life when
>Ebay simulator
>Farming ideal 6liners with IAS, crit chance, crit dmg
>Pushing in the top K's on 3rd party character's gear ranking sites
>Selling hand-me-downs for CASH MONEY

All they had to do to stop the inflation was tweak gold taxes and boot up seasonal resets.
And also implement a lobby, browsable rooms and openworld pvp

That's it.
That is all they had to do.