Tell me your excuses why you don't hack your consoles/phones to enhance your experience

Tell me your excuses why you don't hack your consoles/phones to enhance your experience

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not tech savvy. Idiot-proof way to hack my 3DS?

with consoles: no games to play
with phones: i only use phones to call or text people.

I can afford the games I want to play, so buying them legitimately just ends up being less work.

this i don't own a console

why would you post a hardmod so badly done?

If you read the guide PROPERLY, there should be 0% percent of fucking it up

I can't find my oot, also the fucking powersave I bought doesn't have the code for it.

This honestly. I am actually pretty tech savvy, but the desire to pirate vs the risk is just simply not justifiable to me. I have the money to buy games, and I have a pretty keen eye to pick out the duds pretty easily. Plus, with hours and hours of youtube videos, and knowing when an empty promise sounds like an empty promise (looking at you, no man's sky), I don't think there's any justification for piracy.

>Wooden in hands
>Red to sky
>Move shiny down to 3DS
If not hack, put 3DS on floor and do hack faster.

Can you read and do you know how to copy files from one place to another?

It's not like piracy is the only feature, it's just the main draw for most people

What the fuck, why would someone do such thing instead of just installing the rxtools/luma/cakes/ etc etc??

That shit doesnt even look comfortable to hold and I bet its so bad done it would break apart in 1 weak due to using a shitty duct tape

That hardmod actually ended up bricking that guys console

It was an attempt to restore a softbricked console. It was the cakes dev who experimented with new exploits

What am I looking at?
How does that evenwork?

Soldering wires to the motherboard to make it boot something from that sd reader. Is used to restore bricks or hack 11.0+ 3ds

The number of non-piracy uses for hacking your 3DS is so infinitesimally small and such a waste of time that you're better off putting that time and energy into picking up a Raspberry Pi and learning programming projects on that instead.

Does cfw work on 11.0 now?? Or is this thing fucking with me

Installing CFW on 11.0 requires either a hard mod or the DSiWare transfer method. Updating to 11.0 while already on a CFW is safe, though.

>backups of your saves and firmware in case your 3ds breaks
>romhacks
>screenshots without miiverse
>region free

If you own a n3ds:
>overclocking every game
>streaming without capture card or hardmods

Streaming aside, those can be accomplished with even just Homebrew

However, HANS does not enable C-Stick and ZL/ZR use

>sd card taped with a regular power cable connected to absolutely nothing

that's not a hardmod, it's literally just cables and sd card taped to the 3ds.

google ez3ds

>backups of your saves
???
You can already do that? What is an SD card?
>Romhacks
>Not piracy
>Screenshots
Good example, but honestly, unless you're a reviewer, you can just take a photo with you phone for any "funny" situations you wanna post on the net.
>Region Free
For those 3 games you really want to play so bad that you don't even care if you can't read Japanese? Or did you want region free so you could import European copies of games that come ou-oh wait...

>overclocking every game
>Ruining your system on purpose
>Streaming without a capture card
While I would say that's a good ability, if you're streaming for money, you're probably not going to be streaming on shit that's been illegally modified.

Extracting saves with a homebrew tool is necessary if you want to use save editing tools for whatever reason, like talisman editing in Monster Hunter

What

N3DS has much higher clock speeds that aren't used in titles that don't use its extra power, it's just a method of using this otherwise untapped power to maintain a better framerate

Stop being retarded

>You can already do that? What is an SD card?

3ds saves are encrypted, good luck gettign them to run in a different 3ds

>Romhacks
>Not piracy

Not as long as you apply them to games you bought

>Or did you want region free so you could import European copies of games that come ou-oh wait...

I'm european, we had to wait up to a year to get some games you americans did

>overclocking every game

>actually using the full capacity of the n3ds cpu
>ruining it

???

>While I would say that's a good ability, if you're streaming for money, you're probably not going to be streaming on shit that's been illegally modified.

There is no offical way to stream 3ds, all methods involve modifying your 3ds is some way unless you just use a shitty camera setup

Overclocking any system is beyond retarded. Doing it for an extra 2 frames per second isn't worth the long-term damage you risk to your system.

>3ds saves are encrypted, good luck gettign them to run in a different 3ds
I've gotten my saves from my 3ds onto my 3dsXL onto my n3ds with very little trouble, in that order. No mods. Same saves.

>Not as long as you apply them to games you bought

Modding your games is just basically admitting that you enjoy shitty games. Instead of wasting the time, just get a good game instead.

>I'm european
Explains a lot. Learn to be more patient and just buy them legally. Maybe ACTUALLY finish your backlog instead of stealing, thieving wanker.

>actually using the full capacity of the n3ds cpu
>Running a game higher than is intended by the devs and expecting things to not go wrong
It's no wonder you need to backup your saves, what with you doing retarded shit like overclocking just to push up your FPS another digit.

>There is no offical way to stream 3ds
Well first off, that's just outright dumb. Even assuming that commercial market 3ds capture cards didn't exist (which they do, by the way), then how the fuck does Nintendo do it at large events in front of live audiences and for trailers? Second off, capture cards exist and are low hassle for a stupid high price.

Ever heard of dev units, retard?

so if one jailbroke their ps3 could they have access to tonnes of games? im not entirely sure how this works and what the use is

>That's not an official way to stream 3DS games! It's just an official way to stream 3DS games
You literally can't get more official than having Nintendo's seal of approval on it, user.

But I do. I can't imagine being dumb enough to spend 60 bucks on games anymore.

>I've gotten my saves from my 3ds onto my 3dsXL onto my n3ds with very little trouble, in that order. No mods. Same saves.

Did you use a system transfer? That transfers the encryption keys over as well.

I'm talking about the case when you can't access your old 3ds because it broke or similar.

>Explains a lot. Learn to be more patient and just buy them legally. Maybe ACTUALLY finish your backlog instead of stealing, thieving wanker.

Nice assumption

>how the fuck does Nintendo do it at large events in front of live audiences and for trailers?

Dev units made for that exact purpose.

As an enduser all you can do is let someone hard-mod your console. Nintendo isn't seeing a cent from that. How is that less bad than softmodding your console again?

that's the reason i dont hacked my console. it looks shit (and i need to do that for hacking, too)

Yes. As i haven't modded my ps3 i'm not sure what exact features it has, but i think it requires some pretty old firmware and doesn't work online. Correct me if i'm mistaken

>implying Nintendo hands out devunits to just anyone

Because I updated to 11.0 like a fucking idiot and am a complete jackass that's unable to solder, nor do I have a spare 3DS or games to attempt the downgrade with.

is there an english patch for rocket slime 3 before i grab and install it?

>Modding your games is just basically admitting that you enjoy shitty games. Instead of wasting the time, just get a good game instead.
You can enjoy a good game and still want to make it better.

>tfw your 3ds can't play 4k blu-rays
>but his can

>SMT4 and Apocalypse now have full undubs
>Subtitles in cutscenes too, and the 3D effect stays

Nice shit.

>The scene at the very beginning, just before Flynn is asked his name, has no subtitles
It's not much, but come one...

Subtitles in cutscenes always seem like the hardest part about undubs, few have them

>with consoles: no games to play

So what do you play on PC? Train simulator?

The video cutscenes do now. But I guess that opening bit was in-engine.

I don't hang around nerds all day to care