Kickstarter/Crowdfunding/Thinly Veiled Scams you fell for

>Star Citizen
>Chronicles of Elyria

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ASg_h8lC-8I
kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/posts/1614502
youtube.com/watch?v=he7knVze744
youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk
kickstarter.com/projects/gorshatastic/but-i-love-you-a-horrific-take-on-dating-sims
kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling/description
web.archive.org/web/20160312113656/http://www.gizorama.com/2015/computer/pc/rest-in-peace-videogames-time-ramesside-a-new-reckoning-review
web.archive.org/web/20160416234844/http://www.gizorama.com/2015/feature/opinion/meet-panzer-gaming-studios-steams-weirdest-scam-artists
forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?31395-Scam-Reports-amp-Tips
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redout
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude looks like a lady

yeeeaaa yeeeea

none
because im not an idiot and buy promises instead of finished games

Low bait

Of course.

However Star Citizen has a playable alpha and every few months they have a free 2 play weekend, and honestly I like where the game is going, last time I joined up with some assholes on one of their stupidly expensive ships and it was genuinely fun.

>check CoE updates
>hey guys we want more money but kekstarter told us to fuck off so we're opening a web store on our site
Why are there no laws against this shit?

Star Citizen is not a scam! It's an INVESTMENT! I for one am happy that I bought Star Citizen. My grandchildren will love this game when it comes out in their lifetime.

Star Citizen
Starbound

Why? What happened to chronicles of Elyria?

>Best guess for this image: audio technica ath ad700

Google is getting worse and worse at identifying images

Well I bought StarForge.

Bet you fuckers don't even remember this piece of shit.

Dude I got it in really early access when all they had was the guns with guns strapped onto them.

Where you could aim at the ground and fly to the fucking moon with how much kickback the guns had.

I remember that piece of shit. seemed like it had a lot of potential. did they just stop?

Hyperlight drifter

youtube.com/watch?v=ASg_h8lC-8I

It was released May 2014 on early access and it is still isn't finished.

Pretty much. The devs just rushed it to "release version" then dropped off the map.

From what I read, they had no idea how to manage their Kickstarter/IndieGoGo money and blew it all in a couple months on unnecessary staff.

I remember an alpha even before this, might have been the very first release, that was just a procgen valley with a mountain, think you could see a planet in the sky, had the full voxel mining thing and if you dug too deep you'd fall through and end up falling from the sky.

I remember building a tower straight up until I was leaving the atmosphere, and then at sopme point I fell off and crunched into the ground. I was dead and couldn't move, but could still see from my character's perspective, grass covering half my vision, my tower jutting up out of sight like a scar across the sky. And then I started hearing the creature noises, which spooked the fuck out of me because I didn't know there was any enemies in the game, having spent all my time up my tower.

that and spawning those spinning obstacles and running into them, shooting your own ragdoll across the map was entertaining.

that's too bad. every indie space dev seems to think they're fucking star citizen and sperg away all their money on overambitious ideas they don't have the budget for.

Not be, but holy shit, I can't think of a bigger crowdfunding scam than this piece of shit.

>playable alpha

>every few months free 2 play

>every few months

>months

None
Only kikestarter I ever paid for was to get a hoodie, and I got exactly what I paid for there.

kek I didn't even notice star citizen was in the OP.
>people fell for people telling them they fell for a scam
what point are you trying to make? if you paid for the game you can play it as often as you want, it's just the free to everyone, open play sessions that happen during special events.

>kickstarting a hoodie
why was this necessary. does it have some built in nonsense a normal hoodie does not?

He paid into a game's kickstarter where the reward was a hoodie.

>Under the Ocean
>Cubeworld

>buy into merch level of kikestarter
>get hat/hoodie/whatever
>game inevitably crashes and burns or otherwise fails to exist
>instant collector's item merch for a game that never existed
that's a fucking great idea. might even be worth some money some day.

No comment on the concept of seed money, but the online web store for "people who missed the Kickstarter" has been known for several months.

Some people think it's a scam that they're re-opening the kickstarter rewards to fund the game further, and others see some of the available purchases as P2W. I disagree with both, but the concerns aren't without merit.

What people really should be focused on is the fact that the devs are claiming they will make
>an MMO with all its features as promised
>the same MMO, but as a text-based MUD
>a political game for web browsers

and will have all of this finished by the end of next year. I like that these guys are crazy, but I don't know if they're the good kind of crazy.

>>Chronicles of Elyria
First time hearing about this but it actually doesn't look like a scam. They've got a release date which is more than you can say for most.

It wasm't a game, just an online clothing store restocking some old designs.

>tfw only back design products, art books and board games.

>always get stuff on time
>actually get my moneys worth on items because of all the worth while stretch goals.

there can't be a thread about crowdfunding scams without RIOT.
>Don't worry guys, this time it's the real release date!

I played originally at v.12. It's now on v.42 there improvements have been significant, if not rapid.

At this point the Next Car Game from Bugbear is going to have been in development for longer than it took to develop the entire FlatOut series.

Complete piece of shit, like two years overdue.

>MN9
>Cubeworld
At least I've learned to be more critical about the projects I back now. Look more into who's the developer and what's their track record. Not that I didn't before but now I'll do it even more so. Wait to see something playable too. You can still back the games anyway after the initial funding round so there's no harm in waiting either.

Shantae is looking great. KF2's made solid progress even if it's been a lot slower than what was promised initially. The game's great. I kinda want to back Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee. I had a great time with the demos for those. A Hat in Time was a bit of a gamble but it looks like it's still coming out and it'll be fun as well. Other games have come out of Kickstarter that were good too. It's not all doom and gloom as some like to think.

so he started a scam thread with two non scams? bravo OP. this was not even difficult.

spoken like a true shill

obviously you are scammed very hard

got starbound, don't preorder games anymore
got factorio but only after it got released on steam, very happy with it and i love the devs coding practices aiming for 0 bugs
also got eternal crusade, refunded it after an hour and a half
looking forward to deathwing but won't be preordering it

>ctrl + f "Elysian Shadows"
>No results

What a shame. That was my favourite scam.

>Cubeworld

What a terrible game. I think the dev started working on it again though.

Eternal Crusade
I'm actually filling the forum with my salt. I'm a dumbass but i won't let the devs get away with this.

>the same MMO, but as a text-based MUD

What the fuck for? Who even is actually interested in this when it's the exact same thing but in text only?

The vita port of fault milestone. Fucking Sekai Project

i think he actually released some new video on utube, 0 specifics of course

Man what a fucking waste, the guy got like 60k and did nothing.

This was hyped up for a while and just died in an instant.

One of the original Early Access shitters too.

>mfw I've never backed anything on kickstarter and never will...

I hadn't backed it, but barkley 2. It's been 4 years and the game still ain't out. It still doesn't have a real release date.

>mfw I backed wakfu and got exactly what I expected about a year later than the due date

isn't that a 40k game? what's wrong with it?

>subtly pulling down her shirt
kek, this is how you fight slut culture.

>backed the reboot of Warzone
>got a bunch of sweet minis at a nice set deal, cheaper than RRP
>backed the MERCS boardgame
>took some time, but eventually got a metric shitload of minis for that

Tabletop Kickstarters are great though.

It's part of their development process to make the actual game. Seriously.

kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/posts/1614502

>"ElyriaMUD": That's right. You read that correctly. We've been talking with Improbable on ways in which we can expose the back-end mechanics of the game for early testing in the form of a text-based role-playing game. The idea is that by granting players an opportunity to get into the game in a strictly textual format, we can exercise and stress some of the server-side game mechanics even before pre-alpha. Again, aside from the MUD interface and the time spent on building out some of the textual elements of the world, all the mechanics are things we’re developing and testing anyways.

Hiveswap.

It wouldn't hurt so much if he actually gave updates

That thing was worrying from the very beginning.
Best backer rewards of all time though, very tempting

not even close, none of it was kickstarter exclusive in the end

Not him but I did some research. Apparently it was marketed as a 40K Planetside game. Now it's a more general team v team objective game. So it's got features that are either missing or weren't what was promised. There are instead microtransactions for character customization. Some of which affects stats. The queue and load times seemed quite long too. From what I read the game's got bad net code, too little content and a lot of balancing issues as well.

Didn't back this but:
>make people prepurchase ingame houses that cost more than most video games
>suddenly go on a "indefinite hiatus"

You had to have been a retard to buy into this.

i remember when this one was pitched, there where several of these pixelshit games at the time and this one was not the only scam amongst them

i have but a shred of hope left.

I was about to come into the thread to whine about Americana Dawn devs disappearing (even though I didn't even back their kickstarter), but I quickly googled it first and it turns out they've started putting out small updates.
It feels pretty good to know this. Thanks, OP.

that's pretty far from being a scam but if it's MWO tier I can see people being angry. surprised games workshop would let that happen.

Has that game still not come out yet?

I know the dev personally. She basically hasn't ever stopped working on it despite taking uni courses and other life crap. Though keep in mind their 2nd kickstarter wasn't successful and the first only raised 3k (which obviously isn't enough).

im still waiting

I only funded Shadowrun Dragonfall and Wasteland 2 so it could have been worse. What happend to the whole "Kickstarter will kill publishers" thing anyway, did all the failed/scammed projects bring it down?

OH yeah what ever happened to that?

>star citizen
>scam

I threw 30 bucks at it 3 years ago and have a fully playable spaceship game on my hard drive right now.

If they were being secretive or shitty or something i'd understand, but they're not.

So do I.

sorta of
all the shady shit kinda just ended up perfectly demonstrating why publishers are necessary in the first place and thus how they managed to get such a stranglehold grip on the industry

it's not an alpha, it's a tech demo. The game is far from being playable, but cloudimperium games is still looking for 50+ people for their developing team, so... That said, scam or not they are trying to create the most ambitious videogame ever made, it takes a lot of time and money. If we're lucky we could get the first open world game with real content in it

still in development, but they had some problems with programmers
and then they had to move their studio
but they are sending out updates every second week telling people that they are trying

I genuinely fell for the No Man's Sky meme.

What's even worse is, I KNEW it wasn't going to live up to expectation, I just wanted a comfy space exploration game.

In the end I didn't even get that. I bought it with low expectations and still ended up disappointed.

Only one
>Yogventures

only backed overload and pathologic

Yes, a bit of a long video but...

youtube.com/watch?v=he7knVze744

What the fuck is wrong with you?

On one hand I've backed shit like Wakfu and Shovel Knight, FTL, which all turned out fantastic. Yooka-Laylee looks good too.

but then I've also backed a lot of concept dice and tabletop shit, stuff like Warrior and ako dice are cool but other things like pencil and card dice are just outright abandoned while GNL mats and boogie dice are stuck in manufacturing hell

What I don't get is that this actually seemed to have a lot a progress. What happened?

>surprised games workshop would let that happen
Don't be, GW don't know anything about vidya games, they struggle to balance their own tabletop shit as it is. They just give the license off to people almost as an advertising venture it seems, hence the amount of shitty 40K phone games and stuff.

I've thought about just ending it all

I've never fell for any kickstarter games, but I did buy early access DayZ. It's been years and you're STILL better off just playing the fucking mod. I learned my lesson at least.

no set release date and tons of delays under the guise of "polish and content addition".

none
But i almost did it with Muv-luv

>but i won't let the devs get away with this.
unless you're willing to kill them, they already have.

very little of what's in this thread are scams proper, people don't seem to differentiate between that and games that failed due to poor management, or they bring up meme games like sc that exist but Cred Forums has the tortanic jones over.

this

>30,000 dollarydoos for an in game space ship

i really hope you didnt buy simcity 2013 or diablo III then.

>a fully playable spaceship game
the problem is that they dont even have 1% of what they promised years ago

This is just sad.

>or 45, unless you're rich/a dipshit

That Which Sleeps

I did not even back this and I already felt disappointed because they took a great idea and put it in mismanaged development and endless delays.

youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk

You shouldn't kill yourself user, but damn..I was taken aback by your post.

>The game is far from being playable
don't make me dump

>he preorders shit and buys on day 1
>he thinks this is normal
>he doesn't see that only retards are still doing this
We didn't buy those games, user. That's the point, we don't make retarded purchasing decisions.

It's always amazing to see how disconnected from reality these people really are.

> remember when mods tried to be sold as DLC?

I can't wait until Star Citizen comes out. Considering they're at like 120+ million dollars, it's either going to be one of the best games of all time or a gigantic disaster that would even make No Man's Sky look tame.

not him, but I stopped getting updates mid 2015 and thought the game died

> remember when mods tried to be sold as DLC?

Never forget, never forgive.

I don't know, I did one of those free weekends and while it technically was a playable game there wasn't much to it.

>being able to fly around and shoot stuff makes the game playable

where is the persistant universe MMO that supports over 1000 players in the same space? oh right that was scrapped and they are now doing instancing

wonder what else is going to get cut down from what they promised to get all that money

it's pretty impossible to be a disaster with the point it's at now. if they ran out of money and had two months to dump all their current content into a game they'd have a mediocre Freelancer repeat with 2016 graphics.

did you change your email or something? they update five days a week. they did a massive demo at gamescom in august.

>that supports over 1000 players in the same space?
that was literally never even on the table. they said from day one that wasn't possible even just from a graphics standpoint, networking aside.

and your definition of playable is just plain wrong.

Wait. People here really, actually, non-baitingly donated to Kickstarters?

How many fucking years will it take of the industry rotting and fermenting for you idiots to realise you should never, ever buy a product without trying it out first? What kind of absolute fucking moron actually PAYS for the promise of a game that has LITERALLY, LEGALLY no guarantee of ever coming out?

All of this just boggles my fucking mind.

I ain't even into shitizen but you're talking rubbish. The reason I don't give a fuck about it was because it was never going to be an MMO. This was never going to happen and nobody said it was.

you can't play a game if it isn't out yet silly :^)

>PoE "15 years later but still we cant improve anything"
>Console: Tides of Numenera the Port (PC)
>Wastedland 2 Director Console Edition

Never again.

None.

Because I was broke when the Kickstarter biz was booming.

kickstarter was supposed to be the solution to the rot in the industry. we thought publishers were the problem. how could we know how necessary they were? we were like the free love generation, throwing off the shackles of an older generation's rules, only to discover the rules were all that was keeping society together.

Hey, user. I've got this idea for a sequel to your favourite game of all time. Now give me money! You like paying for ideas, right?

>Dysfunctional Systems Kickstarter
>Something like 65'000 CAD
>Never released a single episode of the three promised, including the short prequel one, and spent all the money in a span of 7 months.
FUCK

>discover
It was clear from the start that Kickstarter was a huge risk for the consumer/investor. Unless you were an absolute fucking moron like some in this thread.

>Broken Age
>Carmageddon Reincarnation
>Armikrog

Still remember the 'crpg are back thanks to kickstarter' thing. And there are people who still believe this...

>we need money please
>they get the money
>deal with a publisher after a couple of months
>console release, thank you for the betatestin pc faggots
>sequel: we made money but we are gonna use kickstarter again since is free!

it's still going to be an mmo, but the claim of 1000 players was people overhyping themselves based on Eve, which is the only game I can think of that even has instances close to that size, and compromises a ton to have them.

>mfw I was on the team back when it was making Cradle Song
>never got made either
What's Dani up to these days?

Everyone seemed to forget about 9/11 this year.

>No flags.
>No speeches.

Eh, we got Bin Laden.

gg

Damn, Armikrog was such a let down.

It'll never qualify as Massively and it never claimed it would.

I see a lot of youtubers play this, it seems fun

hey now, isometric rpgs pretty much came back entirely thanks to ks. I just finished the third Shadowrun game from harebrained and they definitely delivered, as did the wasteland guys and pillar of eternity so far as I'm aware, though I haven't played either.

>actually backing a Schafer project

kickstarter.com/projects/gorshatastic/but-i-love-you-a-horrific-take-on-dating-sims

But I Love You looked cool but no major updates in months.

I just want to be the only male in a town full of psychopathic, murderous, vengeful lolis.

Never talked to the guy, but as far as I can tell he's the only one operating Dischan anymore, though they're not producing anything anymore.

I'm under the impression he was the one that squandered all the funds by overpaying the people and having completely unreasonable schedules.
I'm ALSO under the impression that when the team offered to work on DysSyst as some kind of passion project, he shot them down. Rtil, the lead artist, implied that the whole thing was a way of washing his hands of something he didn't like.

Does all this bs sound like Dani?

depends how you define massively I guess. with their half broken netcode right now I see about as many other players at once as I do in typical fantasy mmos I play.

5 years and all they got is some shitty WC3 clone

I've only been Kickstartered once, and it was for a cartoon of all things.

how so?

Mismanaging funds does. And as far as I'm concerned, any old nerd recruiting writers, artists and programmers on Cred Forums and Cred Forums blows at scheduling by default.

Well, I don't blame him for wanting to leave (both) the project(s) behind. It was quite the debacle. I haven't spoken to him for years, but let's hope he took something away from the entire thing at least. Other than those maple syrup dollarinos.

Mechwarrior online

>he got away with Broken age
>hes going to do it again with Psychonauts

rip transverse, blatant cash grab gone before it's time.

The worst part was the people trying to justify that shit since they loved Valve or Bethesda so, they defend everything they do.

if I'm not mistaken, this is/was an agdg game

It always freaks me out how companies can do the scummiest shit yet have legions of people willing to defend them to the death.

Well I mean, Nazi Germany happened.

kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling/description

>not him, but I stopped getting updates mid 2015 and thought the game died
the launcher tech changed around that time, you might need to redownload the launcher from the website if it didn't update itself

Did this guy got his money back

i will regret this no doubt

>mfw haven't put money into any crowdfunding shit kikestarter or otherwise

>someone asks them what the deal was about the cancelled games
>they just say "it's not our problem"

fucking lol
and they're still 7 million+ subs strong

Didn't they completely redo the entire physics engine like twice for no reason?

>ctrl+F
>No "Time Ramesside"
Shit's hillarious. The dev, Jason Welge, is a known scam artist.

web.archive.org/web/20160312113656/http://www.gizorama.com/2015/computer/pc/rest-in-peace-videogames-time-ramesside-a-new-reckoning-review

web.archive.org/web/20160416234844/http://www.gizorama.com/2015/feature/opinion/meet-panzer-gaming-studios-steams-weirdest-scam-artists

forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?31395-Scam-Reports-amp-Tips

Why is this chinese woman burning money?

>never fund a kickstarter
>just buy it when it's finally released or laugh when it all goes tits up
Feels good man.

>We will release this game or die trying
Die trying it is then.

>Survival aspect is full of hackers and dead
>Shitty deathmatch mode is youtube shill bait.

Reminder that star citizen /vg/ community is filled with shills, old men, furfags, and trannies

Reminder that their leader is a ex-goon furfag named Plaxinov and their guild takes in goons from SA

Reminder that they have a pet mod/janitor that does it for free/

>bloodyscreen so real
>in a space sim
lmao

>that webm

Fuck off furfag

>got the entire Shadowrun reboot series with all the DLC and director's cut versions for around $14 in the summer sale
>didn't back some shit that never released or turned into a completely different product than what I wanted
feels good.

reminder that you have been completely anally annihilated over a /vg/ org for like five years now and see it as a Cred Forums tier jewish conspiracy involving the very staff of Cred Forums and collusion of multiple other websites

it's called redout

I don't care what buzzword you call this CoD shit.

Breeding Season
RIP in pieces all two (2) of my euros

>literally jewed to death

It's ok you can go fund cloudmeadow now. Surely it won't turn out the same.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redout

I was keeping an eye on that, it looked like it could have been interesting.

If I think a game might be good there's no reason not to preorder since I can play it for a couple of hours and refund it if I don't like it

>Broken Age

Fool me once, go fuck yourself.

>Repopulation
Didn't pay for their hero engine account for three months and then were all assblasted over HE shutting their shit down. What a waste.

Broken Age

>being this retarded

its been 15 yeas even i dont care anymore and i was there

is the optimization still non-existent?

Am I going to regret this?

optimization is fine for the arena modes, open world optimization coming patch after next.

>Left To Rot only raised $189 of its $41,000 goal.

Man, it was so close!

Project Phoenix.

Yeah, I know.

The reaction to this just proves how stupid people in general are. He's 100% right. If there's no money, there's no game. Where there's a lot of money, there's a lot of game.

Shenmue 3

fake money mang, we asians did this yearly to send fake money to their dead ancestors.

The game somehow got on steam

that wasn't that long ago, in what way did it fall through? or did they just go into radio silence and you're assuming the worst

This shit right here.

Never pre-order a game.
Never crowdfund a game.
Never fall for pre-release hype (frankly, just avoid news up until a game's release is near).
Never play demos.
Never buy a console on release date.
Never read reviews.
Never watch LPs

You'll live a much happier life.

This is the only kikestarter I've contributed to. I haven't heard any bad news about it yet. Have you?

>Never read reviews
>Never watch LPs

So how is No Man's Sky treating you?

Underrail

It turned out good though

Got stuck in development hell. At least not officially cancelled.

Without a sense of broken promises, it was just fine in a Minecraft or Animal Crossing sort of way. It's maybe too expensive for an indie game admittedly but it's not like that matters much in the end.

>Confederate Express
>Project Phoenix
>Castle Story
>Yogventures
>Nekro
>Starbound

What a dunce I am

I'm still mad about Confederate Express, could have been good

>Never play demos

>Never buy a console on release date.

But without people that do this there wouldn't be games funded for them.

I frankly thank all the early ps4 adopters for giving me the chance to buy a late cheap ps4 with a bunch of exclusives as opposed to one

There's nothing wrong with wanting to show your ass under leggings.

Which is why I'm giving advice here to a relatively small sect of the gaming population, not prescribing a universal law that every casual must obey.

lmao most of Cred Forums is casual youtube tripe, and they'll spit on your advice, as good as it is

Not vidya-related, but I funded the Pictures for Sad Children Kickstarter and I never got a book.

just don't get mad when the "wrong" guys look.

> Best guess: anime

have there been any updates on that since it came out?
I almost bought in just to see the shitshow unfold.

this applies to kickstarter as well of course, there have been many good games to come out of it, unfortunately the model apparently necessitates a bunch of people getting burned on the ones that fail. like the stock market; people who put their money on safe bonds and mutual funds aren't the ones driving the economy, the ones taking the risks and winning or losing big are.

>there where several
>where
>fucking WHERE

Google the word "where", you fuck. Go on. Fucking look up the definition.

Illiterate cunts fucking everywhere now.

I actually look asses in leggings all the time, you just have to not make them feel uncomfortable.

Make sure to write a will, leaving all of your money to scam kickstarters

I don't have to do shit. I'm not a creepy dude that stares but women have to accept that they are the ones enabling that guy's behaviour and if they don't like it, wear more.

What about shenmue? half of the goals didn't make sense, i feel like the game is going to be a shit show

Creeps are creeps always, even if the girls are not wearing leggings or something like that, basically going out of the house is enabling creeps behaviour.

The only kikestarters I backed are Shadowrun and Storium (good for tabletop games that call for more writing)

>getting this angry over a typo
Wow, you must be fun at parties.

>friendship bracelet

Mighty No.9
On the other hand I backed Dreamfall Chapters and was totally happy with that so I'm 1 for 1, I'll take that

Paid less then $19.99 for this ALSO at the place when you enter CHEAPINDIEGAMER you can get Octobers gamebox for free. Comes with Physical and Digital copies of game.

Axiom Verge one was better tho

>teehee you must be fun at parties!

Anyone who uses such a goddamn normalfag phrase, or has ever been to a party should get the fuck off this website.

>Early release steam games
Next car game
KSP
pretty much every indie game worth more than 10 dollars

I did this shit once FUCKING ONCE.
It was for some pokemon game but with hot chicks you could fuck.
After a while updates just stopped then the motherfucker came back and started a new kickstarter asking for even more fucking money.
Jew me once shame on you, jew me twice shame on me never fucking again.

Protomen's Documentary they put out a kickstarter for a millenium ago. First and last kickstarter I will ever waste money on.

After hearing far too many horror stories of money wasted, I'll never contribute to a kickstarter again. Paying money for a game that has the possibility of not even coming out is pure stupidity.

>mmo where you grow old and promises to revolutionize the genre

Its a ridiculous concept with little to no chance of them actually pulling without dialing back promised features.

Just like the Revival mmo that failed.

>every few months
>months
At least fucking Dragon Quest X has free to play sessions every weekday.

Jesus, how autistic do you have to be to be this much of a shit ass

I bought the original book back before he/she had their existential break down. It really was a shame what happened to Campbell. It was the only strip worth visiting at the time.

Does No Man's Sky count?

I backed Broken Age (got a refund), Shadowrun Returns, and a few board games.
Only the board games ones are worth backing, because they usually don't print many copies post kickstarter. Like, Shadowrun Returns is going to be available basically forever, due to steam and torrent sites. Millennium Blades? I'd be lucky to ever see another physical copy that wasn't my own.

everquest next landmark

>all these anons backing Broken Age
Why?

This isn't a place exclusively for fat neets anymore, dude. In fact there are a few members of the US Senate who regularly browse around here.
If you want a website where only the people you like are allowed, you might want to check out HandsomeBlackMen.com

The only EA game I've bought is The Long Dark because it had a good user score and had a decent amount of content already. I feel like I already got my $20 bucks worth so I'm ok with it.

Is WayForward kikes?
I dunno I been satisfied with how they run a couple of games of theirs. Looks great too.

Also you guys should check out CrossCode. (Got it for cheap from BundleStars for $3

Don't remind me, I've gone back to playing the first FlatOut instead. Last time I checked it was still unoptimised with no real career mode.

I also bought into Drift Stage and a few other kickstarter racing games which have either disappeared or are slow to update.

John Campbell is a guy. I actually heard Max Temkin (from Cards Against Humanity) stepped in to get more books out to people. I still haven't received a reply from that, and at this point I'm pretty sure I'm never getting that book outside of that one big torrent of all of Campbell's work that's floating around.