Devil May Cry Thread

I still think it's fucking crazy that we managed to get a Special Edition of DMC4 almost 8 years later.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/c3l99904lj0la6q/NewMainGame.7z
mediafire.com/download/6bmqma8av8mkxbf/NewBloodyPalace.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=FUbroTWGeu0
youtube.com/watch?v=m-K2AC4mNss&t=46m
youtube.com/watch?v=TS1eXHG7yqk
youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
youtube.com/watch?v=f4U57d6R7gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5fobWucds
youtube.com/watch?v=atGcliA-HNw
youtube.com/watch?v=XziTpKABAlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's fucking crazy we haven't gotten a proper new game in 8 years.

How do people even play this game, I just barely beat bloody palace with Virgil and I had to span i+l disappear and slash everyone move with the unlimited DT costume. But it has good combat though, I kept going back despite dying on like lvl 37 many times.
In fact seeing this thread makes me want to play it again, and I just closed it.

How good are you people at this?

It's cool but I played the original for 80+ hours so playing the same levels even with new characters wasn't that fun.

I really wish we got some new levels/enemy types.

It's a gorgeous game except for that one level where you gota nudge shit around which is like the 3rd one in, god i fuckin hate that level.
(its the mission im currently on after buying recently)

My last attempt at BP with Vergil I made it to lvl 91 because I fucked up my positioning.

Got fucked over by an Alto Angelo.

They should have just dumped Lady and Trish and given us some adjustments in the campaigns imo.

Some more enemies and changes to the bosses for Dante and Vergil would go a long way.

>It's a gorgeous game except for that one level where you gota nudge shit around which is like the 3rd one in, god i fuckin hate that level.

Trust me, it was ten times worse in the original version because those pillars took five years to start up.

They actually move much more easily in the SE edition.

Itsuno didn't want to work on DMC anymore after 4 and he wanted to make Dragon's Dogma, which was huge. So Ninja Theory got the job instead.

It's not that weird honestly.

After 3 years, i have to put BP in DMD with a trainer to be challenging.

>How do people even play this game

You practice and become better.

>Vergil gets his DMC3 appearance and Kaneko DT in DMC4SE.
>No DMC3 Dante costume.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I still think it's fucking crazy that they still have finished the game 8 years after it was released

Arguably it's even more unfinished now with more half-assed characters

>I still think it's fucking crazy that they still have finished the game 8 years after it was released

How would you finish the game without basically completely remaking it?

New levels, bosses and enemies would have to be made, and if you do that you would need to record completely new cutscenes for both Dante and Nero. Think about how much work fixing the fundamental issues of DMC4 would actually take. At some point making DMC5 is just a better idea.

>How would you finish the game without basically completely remaking it?
I wouldn't know.

I am not the one who had released unfinished game in the first place and then sat on it FOR 8 YEARS.

>no DMC1/2 Dante costume
I'm honestly sick of seeing that Sparda costume in everything.

>I am not the one who had released unfinished game in the first place and then sat on it FOR 8 YEARS.

Probably because finishing DMC4 would be a complete waste of money and time when the game that already exists tied everything up, albeit in an unsatisfying manner.

DMC1 Dante look a best.

>we haven't gotten a proper new game in 8 years
You DMC4 fanboys are fucking ridiculius.

Eat a dick

DmC could have been cool if the story wasn't so pretentious and edgy and the gameplay wasn't so casualized.

DmC had some geniunely good things going for it but the devs were retards for picking a fight with the fans.

he said proper.

DmC was not proper, nor good.

>b-b-b-but muh uncleh Danteh!
Only idiots judge games based on character designs.

>nor good.

It was ok.

>muh character designs
Always the same argument from DmC shills.

Its a good thing no one is doing that then!

It's also the only argument from DMC4 fanboys.

way to miss the point on why DmC was hated

>It's also the only argument from DMC4 fanboys
except for posts like

>picking a fight with the fans
And you think to which element of the game this refers?

>And you think to which element of the game this refers?

No idea what specific element. It seemed like the entire game was to piss off the DMC fanabse

Well, let's see, DmC has:
>shit characters with no personality
>bad writing
>slow combat
>a story even worse than DMC2

>>shit characters
*cough*
white hair
*cough*

A rusty old car has the license plate DMC5.
An obese loser has a shirt with the number 5 on it.
The whole hair gag.

I'm sure not everyone at NT was hostile towards old fans since DmC does have some cute callbacks to old games, and DmC:DE took geniune feedback; but some clearly had an axe to grind. I understand it's frustrating to have old fans send you hatemail before the game is even done but they really should've just sucked it up and not sunken to their level.

Bad, unproffensional look.

>The whole hair gag.
And here it is. I rest my case.

>*cough*
>white hair
>*cough*

there's more to a character than appearance. It's his shitty & edgy personality that people hate.

>shit characters with no personality
>with no personality
Learn to read.

Ignore him, he is desperate to cling to the white hair thing despite it being a non issue at this point

Dmc was good for me. It looked like shit at the start but as the game progressed i though this is actually not bad and the new dante got less shitty which is the story. Before that i played dmc3 and 4.

>overly basic two-button/dial-a-com bo combatBayonetta came 4,5 years before DmC and it did it better
>shitty color coding system that DE still didn't remove, when a free PC mod did
-Main game: mediafire.com/download/c3l99904lj0la6q/NewMainGame.7z
-Bloody Palace: mediafire.com/download/6bmqma8av8mkxbf/NewBloodyPalace.7z
>bosses that are as basic as Zelda bosses, with cutscenes or other flow breaking shit inbetween
>glitchy and not even the Lucifer glitch kind
>DE supposedly fixes the style system via extra modes except not really, still too easy to make your style jump up multiple ranks
>air game is too easy due to attacks that will pull enemies towards you, large hitbox/jump cancel window, certain attacks not being affected by gravity at all etc. as such and because enemies are even more braindead mid-air than DMC4 enemies, minus two(technically one), enemy type combat becomes trivial
youtube.com/watch?v=FUbroTWGeu0
I don't hate DmC

>I go on Cred Forums to be a contrarian

DMC:dmc is just shit and it has nothing to do with "character designs"
>no lock on
>no styles
>colored enemies witch can only be attacked with designated weapons witch is a death sentence for fast paced hack and slash game,especially with the way angel and demon weapons are designed
It's ust a shitty god of war rip-off cash grab from people who only known for making shitty god of war rip-offs,it's especially sad since dmc invented hack and slash genre.

>implying the entirety of game journalism giving this game good scores isn't the reason I think that all game journos are scum who don't even like videogames

I've never seen so many people happy to eat shit

They should bring back transforming environments more to mainline DMC like DmC did.

Other DMC's already had a bit of that but it was never really explained in canon I think.

>I go on Cred Forums to show everyone what a shiteater I am

The story is superior to previous DMC games you retard, "muh edgy" eat shit weak faggot, only people who use this edgy meme are fat manchildren, numales or nerds who are weak as fuck and lack testosterone, die from cancer.

It was fantastic, third best in the series.

DMC4SE > DMC3 > DmC DE > DMC > DMC 2.

Anyone who disagrees is nostalgia cuck stuck in the past.

Some post journalists vs fans picture about DmC.

It's because journos are shit at videogames, this has always been a universal truth. So when a game like DmC comes long that focuses more on making you FEEL skilled than actually BECOMING skilled, they're really impressed. DmC has stuff like infinite air actions (as long as you use the hook in between aerial raids) so even a child can marvel at the sweet air combo he's doing, without thinking too hard about how enemies are designed not to attack when you're in the air so your sick combo isn't interrupted. It even has colour-coded enemies so you know which ones to hit with which weapon, and radical slo-mo dodges and QTEs that give you a quick breather so journos can keep up with the game's pace.

Then there was the angle of the fans revolting against the devs (which the journos LOVED stoking the fire of because it generated clicks), where the journos were basically forced to stand alongside Capcom because the shit state of journalism means publishers have the review sites by the balls.

And finally there's the admittedly nice animations and art design (the transforming city thing was really neat), which is Ninja Theory's only strength (to the point they started renting out their motion capture studio to other devs, IIRC). So you've got a game that looks nice, 'feels' nice, and you can generate clicks and controversy by giving a high score to a panned game while Capcom whispers sweet nothings into your ear. It's an easy score to give.

DMC3:SE>DMC4:SE>DMC>DmC Definitive>DMC2

Fixed your ranking faggot

>The story is superior to previous DMC games

Sparda gave Donte and Vorgil amnesia so that they are safe from Mundus, it's implied if not stated that Donte has been fighting demons and been entering in and out of Limbos even as a child. So the whole amnesia plot point was pointless. Never explained how Vorgil regained his memories back

how did Mundus find about Donte right away whereas he didn't know that Vorgil existed, he didn't expect twins or whatever bullshit the game pulls is nonsensical since he can feel their presence or some shit wherever they are

why is the whole flashback mission required in the first place, why didn't Vorgil just tell him that he is his twin brother. Because he wouldn't believe him? He didn't even try, and Donte was trusting enough to take the ride to the mansion of memories.

The whole point of the past series and even the title as a whole is that Dante is human, and his strength comes from his humanity. This nephilim origin makes both the title and the flashback scene where Donte tried to tore his heart out to check if he is human completely pointless if not contradictory to what it was aiming for

why couldn't Donte just shoot all of the SWAT members before they even got close to Kat, thus skipping the whole ransom business later. Kat from the very first mission told him that he will kill her if he shot her, the mission itself you throw shit around in the limbo world to manipulate the human world object to stop/distract SWAT. Why couldn't Donte escape to the human world before Vorgil because his identity is secret and just kill the SWAT

if just waltzing up to Mundus' building was as easy as just waltzing there, why did we need to fuck around with the succubus and bob in the first place. Wouldn't have just finding a way to distracting Mundus away from the hell gate than killing him skip all of that bullshit from the get-go

why do both Donte and Vorgil believe that starting the demon apocalypse was ultimately beneficial for mankind when we see at the end that shit is borderline fubar from the demons attacking humans, buildings being destroyed everywhere

Did Vorgil honestly believe that both Kat and Donte, who were all trying to remove an asshole from ruling the world, would've agreed to him ruling the world

why are we even supposed to believe in the first place that Vorgil is on par with Donte, he does nothing in the game besides just standing around, talking and even at the Mundus boss fight level he does some limp ass shit like teleporting to break a door or throwing limp summon swords

Mundus ruled the world because human beings were weak and were prone to tearing each other apart, as such he believed they needed protection. Donte is now the protector of humans to stop Vorgil from ruling humans. In both cases it's because humans are weak. Nothing but hypocrisy

Never noticed but Nero's face is just wrong.
The chin is more square than what he has in-game.

Is neo angelo virgil?

Pretty sure that's just perspective playing tricks on your eyes user.

He looks fine to me.

Yes.

Nelo Angelo is also a mistranslated, it's supposed to be Nero Angelo. A common mistake when something goes from japanese to english.

One contributing factor to why a lot of western players didn't catch on to Nero being Vergil's son.

How stupid can a person be?

Nero is virgils son? How do I not know this?

Fuck them for it too.
A unique Dante campaign with unique bosses, or even unique bosses for Vergil's story with cutscenes would have been way better than the 3 new characters and ass shit optimization we got.

Your precious plot is full of glaring holes, contradictions and just overall poorly written with shitty dialogue. Guess it should impress an underage like you who never even watched They Live, the plot DmC rips wholesale from

Tameem obviously hates DMC and just wanted to make an action game, they just happened to get a call from Capcom most likely.
But there are definitely fans of DMC at NT. Those fans probably made Vergil be the final boss (even though the writing has no build up to it at all), have Vergil do some cool stuff in late game cutscenes, etc. I can't imagine how pissed off they were at Tameem constantly. I'd say they should leave and join a new studio, but let's be honest here, there are no good action game studios in the west.

>plot
I meant premise

Because DMC tends to tell story in a really subtle way. I honestly think DMC3 has one of the best stories in video games, but they're told in such way they consider it either a joke for the sake of gameplay or ironical.

Original concepts for DmC tried to be DMC-like, but Capcom told them to make it in western way.

>ass shit optimization we got.

Nice meme.

Game still runs great and if you compare vanilla and SE side by side you'll see DMC4SE looks much sharper in places, especially in darker areas and stuff with reflective surfaces.

Daily reminder that this was all that westaboo hack Inafune's doing

I get slow down with a fucking 780 and overclocked (to 4.5ghz) i5 2500k from time to time. It literally drops to fucking 20ish fps on occasion (usually just when bosses do a big spectacle attack with lots of particles etc.).
This NEVER happened with the original. I would be constantly at like 120 fps on a fucking 560ti.

>Daily reminder that this was all that westaboo hack Inafune's doing

Let's be honest here, Itsuno is partially responsible as well.

He said he felt he had come to a dead end after DMC4 and was completely out of ideas, he wanted to make Dragon's Dogma, so DMC went to Ninja Theory.

He did say that the break and seeing Ninja Theory's work has given him ideas for DMC5 though, which is good.

I have a 7870 and 2500k clocked at 4.0gz and I can max the game no problem.

>yo bro it's not a problem with me bro it's your fault man
End this fucking meme, this is a steam forums tier shit meme.
The game runs like ass on certain cards it should not run like ass on. That itself is poor optimization

sucks for you
runs fine for me

Shouldn't have trust Nvidia.

>he ran out of ideas
>when they didn't get to do even a fraction of Dante's intended plot in 4

I said stop this meme.

I'm one of those people who play Devil May Cry and sometimes I think I'm good but I could never hold the memory of being good so I suck a lot of other times. I never got crazy. When I was younger I beat DMC3 a bunch of times, and when I went back a year ago to show my friend the final Vergil fight since he never saw it I couldn't even beat him.

You're never going to get games as optimized as vanilla DMC4 again, sorry.

It's more trouble than it's worth when most people can handle the game absolutely fine.

The issue is that people with high end cards cannot.
Low end cards handle it better than high end cards because of the way it's programmed.

>The issue is that people with high end cards cannot.
>Low end cards handle it better than high end cards because of the way it's programmed.

I have heard literally nobody else complain about this game running worse on some cards, only that it doesn't run as vanilla. Which is understandable, because vanilla is optimized for PS360 hardware, and 4SE optimized for PS4ONE hardware.

I would have fucked this bitch, no questions asked.

The lighting can make her look really ugly sometimes though.

But that's the case with almost all Unreal games.

post some cool webms

Man I used to be bat shit crazy for dmc years ago. Haven't played in ages. Is the special edition better? While I didn't dislike dmc4, I was kinda dissapointed with it.

it adds three new characters and some other new stuff

It has new characters, but you play them through the same campaign, sort of making the repetition problem even worse in a way.

Still, I would pick it up just to play with Vergil a bit atleast. He's really fun. Don't bother if you only care about campaign/story though.

>ran out of ideas
Sounds like PR speak to me, DMC5 is easy to think of.
>set years after 2, Dante's getting ready for his second trip to hell
>his first was at the end of 2, he was in there for maybe 6 months to get a feel for the place
>the reason he's so quiet in 2 is because he was nervous about going to hell because you know, it's hell, who knows whats up down there
>he's more confident now because of his first trip, so he plans his second trip to fuck up demons at the source
>while he's gone some demons get cheeky and head to earth
>nero blows their shit out and decides to keep things up top under control while dante finagles with hell

Boom, basic premise for 5 and an easy way to explain and move past 2. Gameplay could just expand on 4's, deeper styles for our guy and maybe more weapons with gimmicks like the exceed system for nero

Vergil's story ending is a special kind of disappointing.

>Nero Angelo
If Nero wasn't in 4, I would have assumed you were being racist and were making fun of the whole Hello, herro thing.
Today I learnt something.

>If Nero wasn't in 4, I would have assumed you were being racist and were making fun of the whole Hello, herro thing.

That stereotype exists for a reason.

Japs don't use roman letters, so stuff doesn't translate over 100% correctly, this is why romaji is a bad idea to learn. Japs have a sort of "eerrlll" sound that can be either R or L.

This is why stuff like One Piece has Zolo instead of Zoro and DMC Nelo instead of Nero.

>reason he's so quiet in 2
is because he was getting alimony'd up the ass after impregnating both Trish and Lady

Having some cutscenes was a nice gesture though.

It also proves all the actors are ready and available if you know what I mean, except for Lady R.I.P

>RIP
s-she's not really dead is she
her new va isn't that bad

Japanese l/r is a flapped approximant, right? English r is..... velar? Palatal?

t. hasn't done phonetics for a long time

no not dead

youtube.com/watch?v=m-K2AC4mNss&t=46m

If there's one thing Capcom loves, it's porting games.

Good thing they have some pretty good ones.

Also DMC4SE is notable because it was part of the original team that made it, and they added new content.

DMC4 Ultimate Edition for Nintendo NX ft. nintendo themed costumes hype

I would buy DMC4 again if they released an ultimate edition.

No joke.

why. Why would you let Capcon fuck you up the ass for the third time

His ass probably has adopted the shape of Capcom's dick.

LOST PLANET 2 AND DRAGONS DOGMA ON CURRENT GEN CONSOLES FUCKING WHEN?

>Watching interview with Reuben.
>Seems like a nice and down to earth guy.
>Suddenly UFO's, chemtrails, and how they're putting stuff in our milk.

Stare long enough into the crazy, and the crazy stares back.

>Dragons Dogma definitive edition
>They don't finish the game or make the side quests not shit, they just add the alchemist and shield sage vocations from DDO

It's geniunely the only game I play regularly.

If you have over 2000 hours in DMC4 like I have, even just a bit of new content is a big deal.

But does the stuff in the milk turn the friggin frogs gay?

Well to be fair, they do put some stuff in milk post processing to make it a tiny bit more consumable to adults, since even lactose tolerant individuals don't digest natural milk as well.

If they put anything, it is to make it last longer. To make milk suitable for human consumption, all you have to do is cook it. Industry also likes to run the milk through a system of very narrow pipes under pressure, basically spray it, to make it homogeneous. And adjust the fat level according to regulations.

Well yea they absolutely put preservatives in as well. Natural milk doesn't even last a week cooled.

I will never understand people who's obsessed with eating and drinking "natural".

Yeah, some of the shit they use is genuinely bad for you, but that shit gets called out very fast. But almost all of the "shit they put in" is natural stuff as well. Stuff like E-numbers just sounds more "chemical" than it actually is.

Plenty of "natural stuff" out there that's bad for you.

I don't prefer natural milk, I'm just pointing out it's different.

I've never played the DMC series. What am I missing? I've never even seen gameplay of it. Is it something like ninja gaiden? Is it a challenge because that would be cool to experience

More flashy and less balls to the wall hard than Ninja Gaiden. That is not to say DMC can't be difficult, DMC1 and DMC3 will provide a solid challenge.

People who enjoy one often enjoy the other. They're my two favorite franchises.

>What am I missing
Deepest combat mechanics (DMC3 and Dante/Vergil DMC4SE) in an action game, tons of potential when you practice. If you've played Bayonetta, it's like that, but deeper combat (though feels a bit less polished / smooth, hard to explain)
Also some pretty good music and really cool bosses, with an overall fun atmosphere to the characters and setting.
>Is it something like Ninja Gaiden
Kind of, but more of a focus on stylish combat
>Is it a challenge
Eh, DMC3 DMD is kind of sort of challenging. DMC1 is also pretty challenging because of the camera. Otherwise it's not too tough.

it's pretty challenging
emulate the first one, skip the second, use the pc ports for the rest
google and install style switcher mod for 3

It's plain and simple fear. Especially in modern times where every news site pushes out articles that scream about danger in food.
E120 is crushed and cooked bugs, can't get any more natural than that. It's red dye present in almost anything from lipstick to strawberry candy.

He should beat 3 without the mod first.
Style switching takes out any challenge for 3. The game isn't balanced for the ability to have all the power of swordmaster or gunslinger, and all the defense of trickster, quicksilver, and royal guard.

This.

DMC3 isn't balanced for style switching and it shows, for instance gunslinger is much more powerful than in DMC4, because when you pick gunslinger in DMC3 it assumes you will mainly focus on guns and it's balanced accordingly.

the mod fixes a shit ton of performance issues
you actually have to manually enable style switching, just installing it won't break the game

Does the balancing actually change in 3 depending on your Style you actually have selected?

The styles are balanced around only using one in a combat scenario, instead of all at the same time.

When Dante can use them all together in DMC3 is sort of breaks the game because he just becomes too versatile.

So when you select Swordmaster or Gunslinger at a Divinity Statue, the enemies will have slightly different values to compensate for that style? Will their behavior change to try to rush you more if you choose Gungslinger or something?

No, it's more like: When you choose gunslinger, your guns will be more powerful. When you choose Swordmaster, you'll have access to very powerful sword moves.

With style switcher Dante now has access to everything powerful all at once.

>What am I missing
DMC1
Arguably the granddaddy of most modern spectacle/cuhrayzee/character/hacknslash/beatmup/battle action
games like it before, but DMC1 was the one to create the base formula.
DMC2
a game that was barely salvaged by Itsuno. Lest you want to see the concepts DMC3 got or if you want to play as Trish who is pretty much DMC1 Dante with some additions. Not really missing out much
DMC3
a game that was neutered because of PS2's ram limitations. Still a great game and the highest point of the series
DMC4(SE)
an unfinished game, and more of a toybox. Still fun. But certainly disappointing
DmC (DE)
plays nothing like DMC, more like a neutered version of Bayonetta and GoW. I don't hate it as much as most, but everything about it feels neutered, and the low skill floor and ceiling doesn't help

I haven't played bayonetta either. I'm kind of out of the loop on this one. When you say deep combat, is it really about making combos up as you go along? Or is there techniques that are used on certain enemies that prove to be effective? I might just look into this weekend

In DMC, somethings are more effective than others. In DMC4 if you're good with Dante you can potentially string infinite combos on any enemy in the game, but it takes a lot of practice to learn all the advanced techniques with him. In Bayonetta there's no style switching, but is a way faster game that revolves around reflex moreso than learning infinite combos, though there are potentially infinite combos in Bayo as well. I really recommend you go play both the DMC series and Bayonetta if you really liked Ninja Gaiden, the three series are the holy trinity of action games like these.

I find happiness in knowing that even if DMC and NG are dead, at least Bayonetta will continue.

Thanks user for the info. One last question. I found the HD collection of DMC 1-3 on the PS3. Is it worth getting the originals for my ps2 or is the HD collection fairly well done?

no one cared about the white hair outside of a vocal minority, DmC was just a shit game

>no one posting CRAZEE gifs or webms

wtf you guys

somehow those colors make Uncle Dante look even gayer
gay Uncle Dante is best Uncle Dante

I've only ever played 1-3 on the HD collection, and I didn't notice any problems. I'm sure there are some minor differences from the originals but the SE should be just fine

Thanks user! Going to pick up the HD collection and Bayonetta for my PS3 this weekend. I thought that bayonetta was only ever on the Wii U. Don't know why I never looked into this.

>Bayonetta for my PS3
what the shit, what are you doing famalam

>The Donte color doesn't change the DT colors.
It's trash.

I gotchu

>Bayonetta for my PS3 this weekend

Don't do that unless you absolute must.

The PS3 version is trash, if you have an 360, Wii U or One, buy it for that instead.

it's playable post patch, and you can drop it to the hd and mitigate most loading issues

Yeah, it was a fully unexpected surprise.
The new characters are not that good, but they still gave me plenty of fun, which is enough of a reason to justify the purchase and the time spent using them.

I know it's too much to ask for, but I wish that if there is a new game, they eventually put all these 5 characters in it, with enhanced moveset and balance. Because playing with Trish and Lady is very fun, but they lack polish.

I'm one of the few fags who actually prefers the main campaign over BP.

My process of getting gud was pretty standard. I button-mashed my way into normal mode, got buttblasted in hard but then improved, and then got stuck in DMD until I watched tutorials and other players, practiced a lot, then took a brake and branched out to fighans and other action games. And after that, I came back to DMC3/4 to finally be able to tackle DMD and BP while getting good ranks.

It still runs like absolute ass.

>Super costume

You can play bayonetta on an Xbox one? I don't have a Wii U unfortunately. What should I do

I think its crazy how Nero will likely never ever show up in a game again. Smh senpai

Bayonetta 1 is now BC on Xbox One and it runs better than the 360 version.

It absolutely does not, I've played it on both 360 and PS3

Oh well, better on PS3 than not at all

here you go

Read some of the reviews and they say it runs at 20 FPS. It's only two reviews though so these people might be retarded. Thanks for saving my skin though anons, I appreciate it

My brother has a one, so I can use his

>after all these years, DmCfags are still buttmad because people would rather talk about DMC4 instead of their game, even if they never talk about DmC themselves outside of using it to stir shit in these threads

I wonder if I'm the only who thinks that the action has gone too fast to even look stylish anymore. It's just dbz style teleporting everywhere.

Admittedly, that is gameplay put on fastforward which was done with an EZ mode character.

Based.

Although Nevan is awfully limited without SM style.

Should I emulate DMC3 or try to play the PC port instead?

PC port with the style switcher runs perfectly, even without disabling/deleting music for me.
Some aren't so lucky.

>our only hint for a real sequel is some text that says "see you next devil may cry"

At this rate we're gonna end up being more desperate than Metroid fans

I don't think anybody will ever be as desperate as a Nintendo fan

I just don't think Capcom can afford to do a new DMC game. I also don't think they hold it in the light like they once did.

>DMC5 announced
>it's NX exclusive, nobody owns a XBone in Japan and Sony was more interested in Dad of War
would any of you get a brand new console just for DMC5

I bought a wiiu for W101 and Bayo. I don't see why not at this point.

>our only hint for a real sequel is some text that says "see you next devil may cry"

No, it's actually pic related and Vergil's VA slipping "They're bringing us back! We can say that right?"

Chances for DMC5 are at this point moderately good.

Always wondered, what type of people own Xbox Ones in japan? Sometimes I visit 2chans version of Cred Forums and see it mentioned sometimes

>yfw it's actually DLC for DMC4SE

Even if Dead Rising 4 looks like it'll be shit on a fundamental way, it seems like it has some pretty decent production value.

They're also pushing out lots of remasters to save dosh, which they'll inevitably use for a new AAA game. Outside of what we already have (MonHun, DR4, RE7), the only Capcom games that would sell well nowadays are probably DMC5 or DD2.

I'd be fine with that if it was story dlc

I picked up DMC4SE recently, and got to the point where you get to play as Dante.
I dunno if it's fatigue from marathoning the series, or the reuse of levels, but is it just me or Is Nero way more fun than Dante ever was?

I don't understand why Capcom would make a DD2 when they have DDO. I know what DD did well for them on PC but I don't know if they would make a second when they already have an mmo.

Bought the HD collection, how do I git gud? And how the fuck do styles work? Also should I run through each game once or should I replay the game before moving on?

This, I don't think Capcom are in quite as big of a pickle as people think.

I think their profits have been increasing year by year the last 4 or so. RE6 selling just 4 million when they wanted 7 was bad for them, but not disasterous. They don't make a game like RE6 again though, even DR4 and RE7 are just aiming for 2 million and 4 million respectively, which is surprisingly modest.

Also, I think I read somewhere that remasters now make up half of their income in the console and PC space, which is just crazy.

he's fun because he's easy to play. if you want to go full xXx mLg XxX pro combos to show off dante is better.

Triangle/Y = attack button, never changes
Circle/B = Style button, changes function with what style you have equipped

In 3 you have some 6 styles and you change them inbetween levels or mid-mission with a Divinity Statue. Level them up and get more moves for each one by using them a lot.

In 4 you can swap between styles on the fly with Dante with the d pad, you level them up at Divinity Statues with Proud Souls that you earn for completing levels

Play them all once then focus on which one you like

>Is Nero way more fun than Dante ever was?

Nero is more accessible and thus a bit more fun for newcomers. But yes I thought the same thing when I played DMC4 as a kid. Nero just "feels" better, he has better animations and enemies just seem to react better to the way Nero hits them.

There is a "weight" to Nero that Dante just lacks.

This is probably true, I'm not very good. I just love being able to knock an enemy away and drag them right back in with the Devil Bringer.
Plus Legendary Dark Knight is like a Musou game, except fun, so that was a blast to start on.

Nope, you just have to get good with Dante. And once you do, he'll be one of the most fun characters in any game you've played.

You're still entitled to your opinion though. You don't need to git gud with Dante if you don't feel like it; that is the reason why Nero was created: to cater to newcomers, while Dante is there for veterans and for anyone who is willing to git gud.

Did anyone ever like using Cerberus?

All the optimal loadouts I see people insist on using is usually like Rebellion and Beowulf but Cerberus looks flashy as hell, why wouldn't you use it?

So I imagine on the fly style-switching with Dante must result in some mad fucking shenanigans, eh?

Infinite combos and some very cuhrayzy shenanigans, I saw this video the other day as an example:

youtube.com/watch?v=TS1eXHG7yqk

It takes a lot of muscle memory and a load of practice

I would. Fuck, I bought my ps3 for DMC4.

Indeed.

A good tip is that you should master the styles individually before using them all in tandem, so you don't get overwhelmed and do unnecessary button-mashing.
There is also some mad tech like guardflying and infinite air-time, but those should be the last of your concerns for now.

How does one git gud at Dante?
All his options right off the bat are overwhelming and turn my brain to mush.

>DmCfags

Jesus.
I feel like I'd never get used to that claw grip.

nah, too much autism for me. very nice to watch though.

An easy place to start is using Trickster, Swordmaster, and Rebellion together. You can jump off any enemy to stay in the air longer.

Practice locking on, teleporting to an enemy with Trickster, swapping to Swordmaster, using Aerial Rave to hit the opponent a few times in the air, the either teleporting again with Trickster and continuing or doing continual jump cancels with Rebellion. Bosses like Berial or Echidna are good to practice on.

Then you can learn Guard Cancelling where you swap to Royal Guard to cancel out of animations quickly, and then you can start royal guard cancelling out of your combos. Then work in weapon swapping and gun swapping, and so on and so on.

Basically just start anywhere and try to combine two styles moves together to form one combo, and work with whatever you like until you're stringing everything together. Learn every style inside out and that'll help you to know what you're working with.

the irony will never not be amusing

>I still think it's fucking crazy that we managed to get a Special Edition of DMC4 almost 8 years later.
I still think it's crazy that people actually bought an unfinished game twice.

Destroyed.

back to DmC you

DMC fags are beaten wives

Post yfw
>some plebian thinks uncle isn't the best dante

>anyone who still likes Capcom or Nintendo games

Right?

As much as I enjoy the new characters, little tweaks like this are some of my favorite parts of the SE. Things like the game auto saving, Speed activating after a few steps when out of battle, Proud Souls being much more plentiful, etc.

They really out a lot of care into improving the game in small but meaningful ways.

sorry mates, but this costume design just satisfies my inner edgelord

I don't think I can wrap my hands around the remote correctly to jump cancel or cancel out of animations but i'll give it a shot, ty user.
Wouldn't happen to know the recommended input mapping layout for my controller would you?

>finally get the opportunity to finish the game properly
>waste it on shitty extra characters for an already cramped game

>He must be a DmC fan!
Would've been nice if DMC4 was an actual sequel and not Bloody Palace with a tacked on "story".

I don't understand this, how was the game unfinished? Did they promise something and didn't deliver?

What game is that user? I've never seen it. Man, deviantart is getting good with their shops

Why couldn't even objectively best dressed dante and a brown French woman save DMC2?

what we got is more than worth it. it's the peak of action "cuhrayzee" games and who the fuck cares about story in dmc anyway?

try to create the other half of DMC4 within a year or whatever rumor regarding DMC4SE's tight budget/allotted time
it's like you think Itsuno doesn't rival Kojimbo in terms of handling money and time

Amen my brother

don't forget Crash/Spyro/SEGA fans

It was literally half of a game. Why do you think they had Dante backtracking through the levels Nero had gone through?

Dante is cool
Nero has potential that we'll never get to see because unfinished
Lady is completely out of place
Vergil is an insult to his DMC3 playstyle and the DMC world as he has become a mosou character
Trish is just.... reused assets. wasted opportunity.

I wouldn't call it the peak of anything with 4 badly design/unfinished characters plus the campaign and bosses are garbage.

I use default for Dante. For someone like Nero people often put his gun on right trigger/R2 so they can constantly charge it while doing other combos, since his charged shot is so useful.

Learn that every style, devil arm and gun that Dante has in his arsenal actually have some genuine good use.

Practice and watch other good players doing their thing until you can understand what they're doing and why.
It all comes down to that really. Practicing and learning the game, so you can apply that knowledge to connect different moves and create your very own stylish combos.

There is no way of telling how long it would take you, but the only thing that matters is that you have fun in the process. So take your time and enjoy.

>mosou character
some of his katana/force edge combos are directly from Sengoku Basara characters

>who the fuck cares about story in dmc anyway
me

I found it to be most effective against Gigapede and very useful on Geryon. Otherwise my favorites were Agni and Rudra.

>mfw they announced everything from the pipeline except DMC

What's the "Other Series"?

It's actually not that crazy. Originally they saw the great game Kamiya made and tried to emulate it without him and fucked it up. DMC2 caused a lot of backlash and hate against Capcom. Itsuno came along, tweaked it to his liking, and it turned out fantastic, so they decided not to let anyone else touch it. Then Itsuno wanted to take a break to make Dragon's Dogma, and Inafune opened his kike cunt mouth and convinced them to give western devs a shot at the series. That bombed just like 2 did, so they got 4SE made quick and their silly pachinko rushed out whilst Itsuno presently works on DMC5 maybe

nero's most fun when youre on the lower half of the skill curve, and dante is fun when youre on the upper half

anyone who says nero isnt cuhrazy is just wrong though. exceed and charge shots with JCs make for a load of fun

Will Capcom ever get their shit together again? If it's anything Ninja Theory tier I'd rather it doesn't get announced at all.

ALRIGHT I'M IN CHARGE HERE EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST YOUR FAVOURITE DMC LINE

>decide to play DMc4 for old times sakes
>have no what Idea what i'm doing

Fuck those thunder faggots.

i dont really care about the story so much as i do the characters, which is really the point when it comes down to it

LET'S ROCK

Here's my layout on a sonypony controller:

attack: square
styles: triangle
Devil Trigger: circle
guns: L1
lock on: R1
The rest stay as default.

Having the attack right next to the jump makes it easier for jump cancelling, and having guns on L1 makes it easier to shoot things. But if you feel like it, you can input the attack into a trigger button as well.

Blitz are the worst.
Especially for Trish.

>"Maybe out there... A Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - Special Edition HD Remastered..."

FUCK YOU

to be fair it looks like shit in 4 compared to 3 and umvc3

Trish can make them lose their invulnerability in mere seconds if you shoot them while her DT is activated. So to face them, you only have to be careful with your DT gauge.

>you will never play as Credo
feels bad man

I rarely find myself laughing while playing games, but pic related caught me off guard.
Also, finding out "the time has come and so have I" was a legit lyric was delightful.

>play nero
>hit it with 3 full charge shots
>it gets stunned
>grab and pummel
>forward slash to bring me right up to him as he recovers
>grab again
>repeat a third time
>all the while charging a final shot
>as soon as he starts turning red shoot him once with a charge shot and he goes down
>taunt as he explodes

Most likely stuff that wasn't important enough to have its name on the list, but could still be made if someone gets a really good idea.
Or simply brand new stuff.

i should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIGHHHHTTTTT LIIIIGHTTT liiiightt light

youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

I'M YOUR PROM DATE YOU UGLY SACK OF SHIT

>youll never save credo

only thing that legit upset me in a DMC game besides dante and vergil at the end of DMC3

>DMC1 is great, sells alright
>DMC2 is shit, sells great because of DMC1
>DMC3 is great, sells like shit because of DMC2
>DMC4 is half finished, sells great (ignoring Capcom's retarded expectations) because of DMC3
>DmC is something nobody asked for, game bombs
>DmC DE is PC mods + 60fps for current consoles, didn't do well
>DMC4SE is DMC4 but + 3 DLC characters and pc goodies for current consoles, sells alright
DMC5 is ?, sells like ??

>Blitz
EL JUSTO

FUCK YOU

que?

>he doesn't know about the Credo Vergil skin
And it's actually pretty fucking good, just wish the mod author kept his gold summoned swords in the final build

They're easier with Trish than any other character.

>DMC5 is great, sells great because of the decent sales for DMC4SE

I'm out of DT
what do, fampai?

Learn from your mistakes and stop being wasteful with a finite resource.

Get used to it, Credo ain't the first and I'm afraid not the last either to die instead of switching to good side, only sexy chicks and robot dogs get that privilege.

You do perfect dodges until you refill three DT bars and fuck his shit up.

Alternatively, you make sure that you ALWAYS have at least 3 DT bars at all times.

This is the only user that gets it.
No DT. Get ready to shoot for hours.

Abandon all hope.

well, as long as we get the sexy chicks and robot dogs not all is lost

damnit my headcanon is that jetstream sam is still alive and that isnt changing until mgr2 is out

Someone who doesn't keep DT in the tank for when a Blitz decides to show up doesn't get shit.

is there any concensus on what's DMC best girl?

Kind of hard when BP keeps throwing them at you on certain floors.

With this Blitz should never be a problem.

If you can't gain even more DT while hitting him during its vulnerable state, that means you need to acquire skill. AKA: git gud.

>everytime DMC5 rumor pops up, uncle Reub is first to deny that it's happening
what if DMC5 is like RE7 and staple characters don't return
what if DMC5 plays like Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden instead

>git gud
There it is. The memes. Keep spouting them.
Trish needing DT to do anything to them is bad design. You can tell she's a rush character. Thinking otherwise and "le git gud" is foolish.

Has anyone else taken a personal disliking to some enemy types? I hate the knight ones, when they appeared they were all smug who kept blocking my attacks, and now everytime I come across one I forget whatever playstyle I've developed and try to get them from behind, out of some personal spite.
Also the ice ones, fuck them too.

Blitz is alright though, It just looks like it has autism.

epic one Jim Sterling

Try the lack of styles, no fucking hard lock, less than half the framerate on consoles, abysmal writing, colour coded enemies and boring boss fights.

>literally resorting to metacritic

>Taunt
>Dodge
>Taunt
>Dodge
>Taunt
>Dodge

You now have DT, stop being faggots.

can we not mention DmC, or even giving DmC guys (you)s for once
just be a happy Itsuno thread instead?

>implying taunting is a good mechanic

Great series, just ignore 2.

Not as defensive as Ninja Gaiden but same ball park, only instead of dial combos it's all about having a shitload of individual moves to make your own combos with.

Some are a challenge some aren't, 3 on the hardest difficulty is pretty fucking tough.

The most you get is three in a row, one with other mobs (dogs I think) and then two together. Using Hatred costs four bolts. You make that much back attacking it after it's stunned.

>he thinks chemtrails are fake
>he thinks ufos are nonsense
>he doesn't know about ge/gm foods/drinks

How does it feel to be underage or a low IQ subhuman mongrel?

kek'ing @ your inferior existence.

what did he mean by this?

>Dodge
>"May the Savior be with you, HAH! As I-*gets hit*
>Dodge
>"May the Savior be with y-*gets hit*
>Dodge

Do you even play Trish? She's got a long starting taunt.

That's my headcanon too, Sam makes the perfect balance to Raiden, and it was a stupid business decision to make him (seemingly) unavailable for potential future games.
It's like Dante and Nero, they are okay on their own, but together they could really shine, a perfect fit.

>How does it feel to be underage or a low IQ subhuman mongrel?
youtube.com/watch?v=f4U57d6R7gQ

Fuck off.

>waiting for the taunt to finish
you know that you can canel it, don't feign retardation

>Implying it isn't a reliable way to get DT
You can reliably get it off with time to dodge both whilst Blitz is doing his retard spawn animation and immediately after dodging his shoop beam. How the fuck people like you even get as far as Blitz is baffling.

>implying im not just retarded and that you're right

>How the fuck people like you even get as far as Blitz is baffling
Same person who platinum'd the game.

ammy is a dog, not a lady

ILLEGAL UNDERGROUND MILK

Spiders from DMC3. Not that they are terribly hard, I just hate spiders. And those exploding babies in particular.

Who I really really hate is Sanctus. Dammit, grandpa, stay in one place for at least a second longer!

heres how it goes down in my mind. the shuttle base raiden meets sunny at is right there, right? so sam can still be alive cause he's taken far worse (armstrong's entire arm through his fucking chest) and treatment is right there, and its not like theyre gonna refuse him cause he gave his sword to raiden anyway

they better bring him back

delete this

Then you have no excuse for saying such retarded things.

>gaise, how do I beat thing?
"Well, here's what you have to do: (...)"
>b-but gaize, what if I can't do that :(
"Keep playing until you can do it, aka: git gud"
>HOW DARE YOU TO USE THAT MEME REPLY!? IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THE GAME SUCKS AND NOT ME

Look, I gave you the solution, if you can't do something as simple as keeping 3 fucking DT bars to get out of tricky situations in ANY DMC game, it only means that your playstyle is lackluster and you need to improve it.

All l'm saying is it's bad design.
Vergil even without DT can take it down with normal shooting swords and Judgement Cuts. Dante can use his guns charged or use Gilgamesh and Royal Guard the knockback if timed correctly. Lady and Nero can use charged shots that take it down like a hot knife through butter. Trish? Without DT, her guns take a billion shots. Even if you transform it to it's other forms.

Vergil is OP as fuck tho, bad example

youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5fobWucds
Dante looks/acts/sounds evil in this trailer and supposedly some JP magazines said he was going full DT, wonder if Dante was meant to be the antagonist of DMC4 but changed once the budget/time got cut and the game was rushed out the door

Right. That's why l listed the other characters as well.

Err, hate to break it to you, but Armstrong's arm went through Sam's right arm, that's why it was hanging weirdly in the ending of dlc and was replaced by prosthetic.
Doesn't mean he didn't just pass out from blood loss, then Bladewolf lied about vitals being gone and there was an arrangement to pick him up.

What I always found weird, Raiden needed Doktor to maintain his cyborg body, but who maintained Sam's suit before he joined Desperado? There had to be some ally, that's the person that could have picked him up.

i think dante was always supposed to be a more rival character that turned protag. i could imagine nero sticking with the bad guys a bit longer before dante finally got him to change his mind

Lady is OP as shit, bad example

well, from what i recall sam had virtually zero augmentations before the events of the dlc, and his suit was more of just an exoskeleton rather than a cyborg body. i could imagine the tech is less advanced and easier maintained, so he couldve done it himself

this game is a part of a franchise where an arm can possess people amongst other plot twists exist
Sam was left for dead then some dudes picked him up and revived him with nanomachines, Mass Effect style
boom

where can I read/watch the story of 1 and 2?
the lore looks fun

play 1, safely ignore 2

1 is a great game

It's more or less the same suit Solidus wore, but even then it's not like fixing cars. Or at least I imagine so, and there is no indication Sam is that particularly knowledgeable on technology.

>be vergil
>fail to escape milee island in time and get sucked into hell
>actually have a nice life, defeating any and all demons that get in your way, finish off the weakened Mundus as payback, be one of the other rulers(greater demons) of hell impregnate a succubus, use Yamato to leave hell to dump Nero at some orphanage with a piece of your armor and break the blade because reasons
>return to hell, quietly rule for a few years
>hear that another great demon Argosax was defeated
>your brother visits you dressed like pic and a motorcycle
what would your reaction be

Ultra Violet is still the best boss theme, prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=atGcliA-HNw

You should really play the first one, its got a difficulty setting for people that dont usually play these sort of games so you should be fine.
As for DMC2, all you need to know is the plot which is Dante gathering items so he can hear a story about his father.
Items are used by villain to summon a hell gate, except Dante switched one of the items with a fake but it works anyway?
Dante proceeds to close the gate on the other side and rides off into hell on a motor bike.
The End

"nice buttflaps"
That "coat" ruins this design to me. DMC1 Dante still the best design

yah nah m8
youtube.com/watch?v=XziTpKABAlc
is best.
All the amount of spook to suit the horror atmosphere while retaining the campy fun

wrong pic

The fact that he managed to have sex with a succubus and lived to tell the tale would be impressive enough.

>yfw Savior fight.

what a gay fight

Sanctus too, let him eat dicks

>not knowing how to stun his ass down quickly
boss is still shit, Mundus from 2001 is better

please tell me how to stun him
As soon as I break his shield he flies too fast for me to keep up

You're thinking of Sanctus

Always have a shot with Nero charged. What I do is get a sort of loop going where I stand very close by charging a fully charged shot as he brings his shield up. As soon as the AOE of his shield coming up is gone I jump in, do that one aerial combo where you attack, attack, pause, attack. If you can do Exceeds or Max Acts on each swing in the air (not hard to do tbqh) you'll break his shield, then at the first opportunity (you will hit his two floater things a few times) I shoot him as he tries to run away, then the secondary stun from the shot will stun him and i can get in and take him to the ground.

Don't bother with lock ons and rushing trying to get to him after the shield break. Just run on the ground and then jump when he does something.

If you mean Sanctus 1 where in the second half of the fight he jumps into the Savior, the Savior tries to smash you with his fist, then Sanctus comes back with a shield, just use Nero's grab on the fist attack and it'll fling Sanctus out of the Savior with his shield stripped. Once I learned that the second half of Sanctus 1 became a lot easier. Sanctus 2 in chapter 20 isn't as hard because the arena is so small.

>Sanctus
You wait for him to make a move instead. Then run quickly up to his ass
a charged shot can force him to block and stay in place. I think

I'm convinced people who don't like Sanctus don't know how to Calibur.

Calibur is shit for that fight and good for getting you hit when you try to chase him down

>anymore

Sauce?

I love DMC4 but fuck this boss. They should've realized that huge, GoW-style bosses don't really fit DMC's gameplay. And having to fight him for the first time as Dante when you're still trying to get the hang of switching weapons and Styles at the same time just kinda made it a mess.

Not him, but again, he doesn't want to work on DMC series right now and really wants to make a Rival School game.

Kaneko designs are fucking weird.
What the fuck is up with virgil's metal clump of hair?
No wonder he stopped drawing.

Which is why you have ways to get DT when you're out of DT, this is really fucking basic user. Would you also say the secret mission where you gain style without attacking is also bad design?

If you're presented with a wall and instead of climbing over it you kill yourself smashing your head against it that isn't the game's fault.

>he doesn't want to work on DMC series right now.

Pretty sure he said he didn't want to make more DMC right after 4, and that he also said the break from it with DD and seeing what NT did with DmC gave him some new ideas.

>he doesn't want to work on DMC series right now
We don't know that, we know that he wants to make Rival School, but definitely after the project he's working on.
Maybe the game will be done in not that long time from now on and he's preparing for next project?

The trailer's just building him up as a villain so people will go, "Oh shit Dante's a bad guy know what the fuck? I must buy the game and find out what's happening." It's basic marketing.

>That pic.

Don't understand shit, but would a new DMC for early 2018 line up as their major title for that season?

Motherfucking this. DMC1 Dante and its coatless variant in DMC3 were fucking slick as hell. Bring that shit back, jesus.

On that note, if they ever make DMC5, I really hope Dante has an outfit as good as the first game's. Every Dante design since hasn't been quite as good.

Or late 2017.
>Dead Rising 4 - 2nd half 2016
>Resident Evil 7 - 1st half 2017
Even though they're not exactly 6 months gap.
We know that Capcom's going to announce their new games not long before release, like it was with both games mentioned earlier.

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice and Breath of Fire 6

Get a pc you piece of shit.

>Capcom wants to use iconic franchises to get the company back on track.
>Going by first pic we can assume the Big 5 are currently Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry and Dead Rising.
>Says they plan to give each game a 2.5 year dev time for a steady flow.
>DMC4SE was summer 2015
>2018 would be 2.5 years later.
>"Devil May Cry Series" is placed as to suggest early 2018 on pipeline.

I mean, it checks out right?

Guys i need help giting gud im stuck on nightmare in dmc1 what do

I guess they'd count two remasters for the same series at once as a "big project".

>gone too fast
Casual detected

Paty.

>Annoying hamfisted loli.

One of the worst parts of the anime honestly.

DMC is reserved for sexy ladies.

What are you implying?

This party's gettin' CRAZY

ammy

DMC5 does not exist and never will because current Capcom is literally ports and crap.

(oh my god pls give me new DmC next year Capcom. You already did RE7)

>what if DMC5 plays like Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden instead

Fine because that's what DmC already is.

There won't be DMC5. There will be DmC II.

As long as they don't fuck it up it could be a mix of DMC1 and 3, so stop this shit already Cred Forums

The ENTIRE exchange before Vergil 3

LMAO

DELET THIS

The game is utter shit, stop with this weak ass bait.

and now my soul says IT WANTS TO STOP YOU

>You will never quote the entire thing with other Anons in /cgg/ again

>DMC5 does not exist and never will because current Capcom is literally ports and crap.

They have both Dead Rising 4 and Resident Evil 7 coming out in less than 3 months dude.

I KNEW YOU'D COME

bump

i should have been the one to fill your dark thread with bumps

>using golden orbs to bump a dead thread

gold is for scrubs

actually useful consumables in DMC5
Y/N

Yes but you can't use them on SoS and above.

>tfw hoped for Vergil 4 in DMC4SE

Define useful
Anyways no, it would lower my S rank

>caring about S ranks
ahaha, lame. I bet you care about achievements too.

>not caring about S ranks
You might as well buy cheating DLC and use items every time you are not playing well enough.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'm ABSOLUTELY CUHRAYZEE about it!

Consumables are supposed to be easy mode for casual babies. They're not encouraged in any way so why would you make them more useful.

No. DMC is not NG.