Was Jenova found in the north crater or in Nibelheim?

Was Jenova found in the north crater or in Nibelheim?
Because if it was in the north crater it doesn't make sense that Shinra didn't knew about the promised land before you get there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdxiURandWg&list=PLA6AA42E22BF57995&index=106
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:VII-X_connection_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=wUZNcJq9Sr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't recall there being any mention of where exactly Jenova was rediscovered, but it certainly wasn't at where it originally impacted.

I mean how did Shinra never discovered the promised land before?
It was right there on the north crater.
Should we understand that the Highwind never fly before?

Professor Gast discovered her somewhere around the northern continent.
I don't think that Promised Land is a physical place. Where do they state that it's on the Northern Crater?

When Rufus goes there with the Highwind and sees all the mako.

>Kya hahahaha
>This is the promised land president was looking for
>But I'm the one that got it.

Right.
Anyway, the crater is where Jenova crashed, but she probably got out of there because she managed to infiltrate the Cetra. I like to think that the crater was unexplored territory. Even if they flew over it, would they see all the Mako from the air through all that mist? It's probably very hard to land there, too.

maybe they never really fly over there
So they found here on nibelheim?
I mean Jenova even attacked the Temple of the Ancients didn't she?

What really matters here is that she was probably found anywhere but the North Crater.

When you read the lore for ff7 you find that the whole game is pretty much a fight between a planet that has gained sentience and a planet destroying alien.

The northern crater is just the deepest location people can get and is thus closest to the life stream. The stream itself can't be seen from above simply because it's so far down. I mean that entire section is pretty much just a vertical clime downwards. And for quite some way.

You can really see it though

I consider the crater to be extremely difficult terrain to fly around. The apprentice pilot needs a Limit Break to land there and in Advent Children Complete (If you care. You shouldn't.) we're shown a tremendous blizzard without any visibility, when the Turks go there to recover Jenova's head with the helicopter. This is how I rationalize that Shinra hadn't discovered the Lifestream geyser before.

Wasn't the Northern Crater only exposed after Sephiroth got encased in Mako?

After it took out most of the Cetra it went dormant before Prof. Gast uncovered it and mistook it for a Cetra.
Since then it's presumably been held at Shinra bases around the world, until Sephiroth reanimated it and morphed it into a copy of his own body which AVALANCHE then followed across the world.

This. The crater is where Jenova landed and the Cetra discovered her, or were effected by her illusions rather.

We don't know that but that would be 4 years so enoguh time to discover it

Sorry, I meant when the crew got past Gaea's Cliff. The whole cave collapsed in on itself after the Weapons woke up, so even if they did realize that the Lifestream was accessible through the crater, they probably couldn't get through the crystallized Mako.

It's an extremely suspicious spot. Shinra knows Mako comes from lifestream deep in the planet, wouldn't a giant exposed pore be an obvious spot to find a ton of it?

Maybe when Rufus asks Heidegger if the airship is ready it means the airship really never flied before so it's impossible for Shinra to get to the Crater.

Did they only have one plane and one airship?

I think that's Rufus/Hojo's interpretation of what the "Promised Land" means when it is in fact a spiritual concept of the Cetra.

The reason they didn't act on it before is because it wasn't always split open by the WEAPONs and oozing mako everywhere. Prior to the party arriving, it's just a big crater with a little ecosystem growing underneath.

the had the Highwind, some choppers and then the gelnikas

The Highwind was Cid's ship for years and he knew how to pilot it. Sounds airworthy to me.

Although it wasn't specifically mentioned in the game, it's possible to imagine that Shinra suspected mako/lifestream could be exploited at the norther crater. But it's so difficult to reach and to exploit. The climate there is extreme, and there was a part exploring the norther continent where Cloud could collapse from two minutes of exposure (it was right after the snowboarding). The Norther Crater itself was inaccessible by foot, if I recall (not sure about this, but didn't Cloud and friends have to fly there? Not talking about the time they went through the Forgotten Capital. Shinra clearly didn't know about that place). Combine the inaccessibility with the extreme climate and we can imagine that it was more economical to build the mako reactors at Mt. Corel, Nibelheim, and Gongaga, where deep canyons apparently gave access to the mako/Lifestream.

>FFVII ancap memes

Perfect. I wonder if the remake will have the same absurd anti-capitalist theme as the original.

the remake it's gonna be shit and you know it

You guys know the "promised land" doesn't actually exist right? Certainly not as Shinra envisions it as a bottomless source of Mako energy for them to exploit forever.

If that FFX prequel theory were true, I'd bet that Jenova was an experiment meant to harness the Farplane that went horribly wrong and destroyed all life on Spira before making her way across the universe to Gaia

so what the hell is the north crater if not a place with mako energy flowing?

It's got all that mako there to heal the wound Jenova made when it initially crashed.

The Promised Land was never a physical place. Just a kind of 'you'll know when you get there' type deal.

>If that FFX prequel theory were true,
it wans't and that's one of the worst theories ever

that's for the cetra not for Shinra
For shinra the promised land is a place where makos flows and the north crater is exactly that

Did you actually play the game?
The reason why Shinra captured Aeris was so they could learn from her the location of the promised land.

North Crater wasn't exactly limitless mako, just a nice and easy way down to the lifestream itself.

I played the game so I remeber Rufus saying the promised land is better than he imagined.
The north crater is the promised land for Shinra cause it's full of mako.
Look at 6:14

youtube.com/watch?v=OdxiURandWg&list=PLA6AA42E22BF57995&index=106

The Promised Land was basically Cetra heaven. Shinra heard about this probably through research of old history and legends and completely misinterpreted it.

Why was there a downed F-14 in the Bone Village?

Deepest Lore

Why wouldn't there be? FF7 is set in out world, if out world was another, completely different world.

Jenova fell to the world as a calamity from the skies, wounding the planet creating the northern crater.

Jenova then began approaching the cetra, shape shifting to resemble their dead as a way to get closer. After a prolonged battle, survivors of the cetra sealed jenova away.

Professor Fast later discovered jenova within an ancient geological stratum, and given jenova's shapeshifting powers was mistaken for a cetra.

You are now realising that FF7 is Japanese The Thing.

Stupid autocorrect on phone changed Gast to Fast.

Don't forget they also wanted to make a furry cross-breed rapebaby they could experiment on since Aeris's life span was too short

I think they're also aware that the planet also uses the lifestream to heal wounds, so it's possible that they just thought the wound would be all closed up since the collision was thousands of years ago.

Spiran fighter jet. (Because it isn't dieselpunk.) Just like the ships in Dirge of Cerberus are heavily implied to be. I hate that connection the most in the entire series. There's also a missile in Aeris' church. Although that's probably from the Wutai war.

>heavily implied
Almost entirely sure Square Enix is just having some fun and doesn't take it seriously at all.

That was a space rocket
when you talk to Cid at a certain point in the game he mentions it

>We found these ancient super planes and we have no idea how they work, but they're amazing.

The only other option is that they belonged to the Cetra. And based on Sephiroth's ramblings it's possible they were a nomadic space traveling race, sure.

Damn, I do remember something like that. I'm sorry.

What do you mean Spiran?

>Because it isn't dieselpunk
It doesn't resemble the aesthetic of Spiran aircraft either

Started playing FF7 again for the first time in about five years, this time with the Reunion mod.

Being used to the old names is weird. Sephiroth saying Gusto, even if it is a more accurate translation of Gast's name, just seems to silly.

Can I save Jessie in the remake and go to the Gold Saucer with her?

Squeenix hinted that the Shinra company was founded by descendants of Shinra from FFX. Something about them building rockets and travelling to the planet from FF7. I guess that would make almost all tech in FF7 Spiran in hindsight.

Yeah.

Oh so it referenced that retarded theory. When did Squeenix hinted at it?

FFX-2

A character named Shinra visits the farplane and mentions how it could be used as an energy source or something

I'll just copy paste the silly thing from the Ultimania guide. According to Nojima:

"After quitting the Gullwings, Shinra received enormous financial support from Rin, and began trying to use Vegnagun to siphon Mako Energy from the Farplane. But, he is unable to complete the system for utilizing this energy in his generation, and in the future, when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shinra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... That would happen about 1000 years after this story, I think."

For the short of it:

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:VII-X_connection_theory

True, but they have the 1000 years in the future excuse. Besides the plane is in Bone Village of all places, meaning it's possible it's unearthed from the ground next to the monster skull instead of being relatively recently shot down. After all the skull is in rather pristine condition. Meaning that the plane is ancient.

>Trying to make sense of square stories
STOP

1. In X-2 Shinra talks about using life energy to power up cities and shit
2. The creators and writers "hinted" that it's possible and do their usual Jew "It's possible yeah" when asked about the theory.

fuck i still need to beat 7

I'm playing through FFIX for the first time but now I want to replay FFVII, FFVIII and FFX which I played like ten years ago

Who is the sick guy in the slums? Is he Zack? He has a #2 tattoo and he's gone after the Jenova reunion.

youtube.com/watch?v=wUZNcJq9Sr8

>Reunion mod.
of course he's not zack
But he's a man injected with jenova cells

He are sick.

And he's there for foreshadowing. Just another clone, probably crawling his way towards the Whirlwind Maze.

You'll see her being snapped in half by high caliber bullets, and go to her as she cries and starts to drown in her own blood. All of it in HD.

I'm not ready.

Also, he was found outside midgar which is where zack "died" as well.

Aeris knew Zack and she doesn't say he is so he's not
when you go to gonagaga she talks with zack parents

Zack coming back from being shot around three thousand times on camera is a stretch, even for Final Fantasy.

>Cloud on the motorcycle with Rune Edge

This image has triggered me for nearly twenty years now. It's impossible for Cloud to have the Rune Edge during the time he's on the motorcycle. You don't get the Rune Edge until you reach Kalm town and that's right after the motorcycle chase as you're leaving Midgar.

desu there should have been more missions with that bike maybe the huge materia quest

But that's not the Rune Edge. That's the Hardedge, which you can steal in the Shinra HQ.

That's the Hardedge mate. You can steal it from SOLDIER in Shinra HQ. The one from Kalm is the Mythril Saber, and the Rune Blade you don't get until Mt Nibel.

Autist BTFO