What are some games set over a longer period of time where you get to see the protaganist grow old/have multiple...

What are some games set over a longer period of time where you get to see the protaganist grow old/have multiple generations of the same family carrying on the fight?

SaGa Frontier 2 does this really well, Fire Emblem sort of does it but it's not really that satisfying.

Harvest Moon it's a Wonderful life does

Dragon Quest V
Hero generations
Dragon valor

>Flit didn't genocide the Vegans
AGE was a wasted opportunity, they could've at least put multiple endings in the game

The most retarded thing was them trying to force Kio's relevance by making him some sort of super X-rounder, when in reality Flit was already a god tier X-rounder and a superior pilot who got just as much shit done in the AGE-1 as his traitor grandson did in the AGE-3 and FX.

Still, AGE was good just for Flit, I wish they did a side story showing him at like 20 when he was in his prime, ripping vegans apart every single fucking day on the battlefield.

Kio was such a fucking faggot I wish his waifu got turned into Hamburgah

Didn't she die of Mars AIDS?

>He's a fat piece of shit in the epilogue, where Flit was in tip top condition at the same age

What a disgrace.

MGS

How is Gundam AGE?

Are the 50 episodes worth it?

It's worth it for Flit and some of the designs are great. First arc is great, it goes downhill fast though. It's entertaining at least, and when you finish you can join us in complaining about Kio and Asemu being retards.

Unless UC references are enough to carry you through an all round shitty series, I don't recommend it
Although I liked Gen 2 for the whole space pirates thing

The Sims

The Dark Hound is the worst design in the fucking series.

>Flashbangs working on MS sensors that have to deal with compensating for other suits exploding and beam rifles
>Hat looks more like a Spanish priest than a pilot
>Pilot is the dumbest fuck who ever graced a Gundam series

Dino Crisis 2, sorta.

Front Mission 5 does this, it was 100% fan translated and there's even well known settings to emulate it perfectly at. You can enjoy it in glorious 1080p.

Rather than a wild adventure like other Front Mission, you're a guy who spends his entire life at a very important fortress, moving up from recruit to squadron leader to its eventual commander. You get to be all suikoden and recruit chars from the rest of the series that you've seen, and you even get to see him marry and make a family through it.

Pretty good, can I still punch people out of their fucking mechs then steal them?

Fable

>dumbest fuck who ever graced a Gundam series
Asemu wasn't that bad, come on. Even in the same series you have Kio, and in the franchise as a whole you have such greats as Hathaway and FUCKING KATZ.

I can let his actions in his own arc slide, but:

>Abandon your wife and baby to go attack both sides to ensure the war drags on forever
>If the war lasts forever fewer people will suffer

The guy was certifiable.

>Kio is a fat fuck in the ending
>Flit is am immortal bronzed Adonis

It's not like Romary didn't deserve it or anything.

>Went full "Muh Gato" on Asemu
>He married her anyway

Asemu probably cried himself to sleep after Romary would call out Zeheart's name during climax. Becoming a space pirate was him escaping that.

I still can't get over the villain.

>Oh no, Mars is killing us, we need to get away
>I know, let's build a fucking mini-planet space laser killing machine
>Fucking humans, look at us, we have no resources to save our people, I'm going to send my mini-planet-sized doomsday machine to kill you because of our lack of resources prevent us from creating a ship and leaving
>If only we had enough resources leave the planet
>Ah well, time to make an army of lemons and invade Earth

I *think* Infinite Space on DS does this but I haven't personally seen it

I would like to see this added if a combined FE6/7 remake ever happened

Watch Season 1 and 2 and the OVAs, Season 3 and 4 never happened.

No, IS does a timeskip, teen protag for half the game and FUCKING MANLY AND BUFF adult protag for the second half.

SaGa Frontier does do that quite well.

I suppose Rydia in FFIV you technically see grow but that's not quite the same thing.

If I had to name one particular example it would be Final Fantasy: Tactics, without a doubt. He doesn't go gray, obviously, but Ramza and the entire cast grow old. Ramza goes from a naive boy to a disillusioned man, sees his friend go from a poor young kid given every advantage by a rich family, turn into a Tyrant no better than the nobles he used to hate.

Tactics and SaGa Frontier 2 are great games for these types of stories. Sadly, as much as I adore SaGa Frontier 2, it is a VERY bad SaGa game. SaGa games are known for being non-linear JRPGs with open ended gameplay, choice, off the beaten track, oddball characters and non-typical fantasy stories (not just going off to defeat the dark lord/dark army). SaGa 2 is very much a great story with great characters, and even some damn good gameplay, but it is not a SaGa game as it is a very linear experience. A good experience, but perhaps not one that should have been labelled, "SaGa."

Agarest War, future offspring even change depending on the mother.