The story of this game is an insult

The story of this game is an insult.

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE PLAYER CHARACTER NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH TIME HAS PASSED?!

>MUH BABY BOY

WHAT THE FUCK?! THE MOMENT YOU STEP OUT OF THE FUCKING CRYO THING IT'S SUPER FUCKING OBVIOUS THAT A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME HAS PASSED SINCE YOU'VE BEEN REFROZEN

WHY THE FUCK IS THE STORY ACTING LIKE YOUR SON BEING OLD IS A HUGE SURPRISE?!

DID THE DEVS REALLY THINK THE AVERAGE PLAYER WOULDN'T FIGURE THIS OUT AND THAT IT'S A REALLY CLEVER TWIST?!

FUCK THIS MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD

2 words: Bethestha writers suck

Normies don't play Fallout for the story. They only care about the music, exploration, weapons, and le epic humor.

Out of all the stupid bullshit in the game (like how consistently retarded every main faction is) you focus on this? It's not like a giant clock was nearby.

The ravages of time are incredibly clear as soon as you step out of cryo

Uhh yeah lots of time passed. Durp. But the time between the kidnapping and when he actually got out was vague as fuck.

>Entire place is swarming with giant mutated roaches.
>Not a single dead one to be found.
>Nor are any signs of battle.
>Corpses are already skeletons.

It's fucking obvious that a long time has passed.

The aforementioned Radroaches could have picked those skeletons clean user

He means that everyone else in the vault could have died long before Shaun was taken in the first place and that it wasn't clear if your pod opened a few minutes of a few decades later.

But considering the fact that your character does go under again, it's a pretty obvious twist that you're going to be frozen until Shaun is old and gray if the previous 200 years flew by without notice as well.

I like the part where my son rules the synths but doesnt bother to tell them not to hunt and kill his own parent.

Literally kys. Normies like good stories. They don't care about exploring stuff.

>Enjoying the story
>Playing Fallout 4

Pick one

fuck why did I laugh at this

The worst offender someone pointed out is that quest in the vault sure you can tell the kids a story about you fighting off a deathclaw, but it doesn't change if you never actually met Preston and did the quest to rescue him. Bethesda assumes you'll do the same thing every time.

But user you're just a synth with those memories programmed in. Why do you not remember anything before the beginning of the game? Because you're a synth. Far Harbor twist best twist.

>Be dead for ~40 years
>Body shows not a single sign of decomposition
Why is this allowed

>no vegetation regrowth
>ghouls are now suddenly immortal
>companions still don't know why your collecting junk despite building entire settlements out of it
>underground enemies can teleport

There's lots of shit wrong user

kekked

>ghoul kid in a fridge
>Pre war Jet log in Vault Tec terminal

I get that Cred Forums hates the game but this isnt even a remotely good reason to hate it.
He really has no way of knowing that he's been refrozen so long that Shaun would be an old man.
I can't believe I'm defending F4 but cmon, complain about one of its many many real flaws.

How would a character with 10 INT and 10 PER not stop for a moment and think that if 200 years just passed by, wouldn't it possible that you were frozen for another long span of time. At the least, he should be going around talking about his kidnapped son instead of describing a generic baby.

So, you thought the guys that took your son were bros with the rad roaches, or why are there no signs of battle?

>After all the time that has passed, people still can't clean up the rubble
>They don't even clean up their own houses

The story is fucking shit. SHIT

its just a game bruv, cheer up

>le wacky skeletons posing in sunglasses
>muh epic environmental storytelling, 10/10

The death of the other dwellers outside the pops doesn't matter because they were most likely dead before Kellogg first arrived. The fact that no one else has heard of Vault 111 points to this. Their skeletons only point to the 200 year jump, not the 50 year jump or whatever it is to when Shaun is an old man.

From all the things that don't make fucking sense you pick the one that is completely understandable. First of all your mind is probably wonky as fuck after you wake up so even if you're sherlock holmes you probably wouldn't understand the situation properly. Also the parent and the player realize that at least a few years have passed and that Shawn is probably not an infant anymore but there is no indication that he is a grandpa.

Took me a while to figure out what you mean by pops.

Wait, are you telling me Fallout 4's story actually gets interesting?
Damn, I need to start playing it again. I dropped it before I ever got to Diamond City.

SHUT UP YOU LITTLE SHIT

YOU ARE TOO DUMP TO UNDERSTAND THIS GAME

The part I don't get is what's his face that took your kid. Kellogg was it? He looks the same age when you kill him as when he took the kid. Or did I miss something there because I was bored as fuck watching his entire stupid life through the VR shit with Valentine?

I think your son answers that one, namely he tells you that cornflakes got a lot of life extending mods, and so was a cyborg.

He is practically terminator, so he doesn't age

Wait wait, how exactly is that obvious? Cryopods look different when you awake for a second time or something? Also, what would you change to unretard the plot?

All this bullshit technology but the head scientists still needs to die to create a touching scene.

I think the better question is why are you playing this game?

I hope you didn't pay shekels for it.

I remember Galaxy News guy from Fallout 3 saying shit "Don't shoot ghouls, they have so much radiation, they are ugly and can't even die!"

>Out mission is to bring prosperity to everyone in the Commonwealth and maybe even the world.
>This is why we act as a Illuminati body snatchers, that way people will like us and shit!
At least pretend they have something like "the world is in desperate need of our iron rule! and if they can't understand it, we will make them!" like templars in Ass Creed did.

Why the fuck didn't you play as Kellog? Having a hellbent father chasing you down while you try to understand your orders from his son sounds like a cool idea. There could have been three or four simple "backstories" that mesh with the special stats/playstyle the game assumes you're going for.

At the end of the day, you have to convince the father to join you in taking down the superbad son, or remain subservient to the son and kill the justifiably angry father, or turncoat and join BOS, or what fucking ever. What a stupid waste of an option.

Even if they only left the door open for 10 minutes the place could've still been swarmed with radroaches. Also Kellog was a BAMF assassin those guys would drop dead as soon as he seen them.

Now that I think about it ghouls are practically made of magic since the ones that shoot radiation heal the other ones so fuck me on the they have to eat thing.

>Game starts just like original Fallout 4, mirror, make a face, stuff like that.
>Right to the point where "you", your fiance and son are frozen.
>Turns out the actual protagonist was watching holotapes/being briefed by early, Fatherless Institution onto the job.
>It's your first job, actually. You get two more people with you, a female doctor (chick in a hazmatish suit) and a "our top agent" who is just a son of a higher up.
>Doctor is all professional, rich boy acting like, well, spoiled rich boy.
>Despite knowing Sole Survivor lived very close to the Vault and knowing it's number you don't actually know the location, you can either just go there by looking up a walkthrough or do a bunch of quests and get some clues with a few dead ends.
>You finally found the vault, there's a lot of dead bodies, but you find a bunch of old, really old, like a hundred years old guys still protecting the slumber of the pre war people
>You have several choices, kill, intimidate, persuade, haggle, deceive, turn against each other, something like that
>Finally you're getting to the cryopods
>While your mission is to bring the child, no one said you should be a total dick and just kill rare pre war people
>Apparently rich kid didn't have the same idea
>Maybe add an opportunity to kill him, Doctor, or both and if you kill rich kid a whole family is going down on your ass
>And then the whole game happens, work for Institution, you hearing about a pre war guy from Vault 111, having several fights with him and then choosing to kill the Survivor, kill the Father or try and help them meet. Also make Institute less one dimensional and not let the Father hold all the power, that way we can justify why Institute is hunting down the Survivor.

The story is meant to ve played through the MCs eyes but it makes no fucking sens since you're roleplaying a character you made with choice in dialogue

I remember people thought you'd be able to play as a synth but going by how they were presented in the story it's one big ehhhh.

I mean it irked me was they killed people to replace them and the railroad was all like "they deeserve to leeev". They sort of addressed it in Far Harbor but it was still one big clusterfuck of where were they going with this?

Wait, it's stated in Far Harbor that you are synth?

I can't stand his retarded fucking face. His blasé attitude towards all the inaccuracies and contradictions to their half-assed plot makes me so mad. He clearly doesn't give two shits.

The bad thing about it is that there's only 2 paths: you kill yourself and he takes over, you kill him and you continue.

There are no other outcomes. This is like the tricolor ME3 bullshit all over again. Lazy and utter shit.

Is there ANY point to settlements beyond being cap farms through purified water

Also, is Survival any fun?

How the fuck does nick and his cunt assistant remember kellogg staying in the stadium like 60 fucking years ago? Does NO one get into the city or something? Who was kellogg talking about when he said "the old man"?

Bethesda died after Morrowind.

Just let it go...

Not directly but they do some asspull bs by using the game's restrictions as some sort of plot device. Of course there's no memories before the beginning of the fucking game. It's head-shakingly irritating.

Survival mode gets props for giving settlements and doctors an actual use in the game but fuck me it feels so shoehorned in. Especially the salves that prevent various diseases but how the hell are you supposed to know beforehand you'll get an infection from not sleeping right? Also you're pretty much forced to get the perk to assign settlers as doctors since whathisface in Fenway is the only fucking doctor in the game and he's always fucking missing when Im bleeding my guts out my ass.

They probably couldn't figure out how to put a coat over a skeleton so they went "fuck it'

See, the thing is that Bethesda has a hard-on for the player character coming out of a Vault every game.

He knows time has passed, but not how long it's actually been since his son was taken.

Isn't it mentioned that microbes and shit died out after the fallout? That plus a very dry environment just mummifies you very slowly.

Kellogg was watching the robot Shawn or something.

Because it wants you to think the baby was stolen only some weeks or months before you actually leave the Vault.

You got that backwards, normies ONLY care about story, gameplay means fuck all to a normie

That's why walking simulators are quite popular these days

>

This

I have never played Morrowind, how is it? Is it a themepark like Fallout 3 and 4 are or no?

It's Bethesda's magnum opus.
Play it, it's not a themepark at all, and use this guide:
pastebin
.com/7gF2VLaf

If you want to play stealth, make sure you run a magic-infused stealth build, because pure stealth is kind of fucked. Also, the magic system is one of the most interesting parts or Morrowind. It was completely neutered from Oblivion to Skyrim, it's now a shadow of what it was.