I actually have that headset and it's not bad

>push to talk
>someone says something funny
>other plays press their push to talk button just to be heard laughing

wtf is wrong with that tree?

>say something funny
>everyone laughs but nobody expresses it over voice chat
>feel bad and don't make jokes anymore

Pretty common, and somewhat normal I guess.
I personally don't do this but I can see that if people have been using PPT for ages it can get into a bad habit.

>tfw had that headset

All those shitty 360 headsets broke so easily. Never again.

>push-to-talk
>only pushes when coughing

Literally me

>my first headset
We had good times

why are you wearing a diaper user?

>being rough with your electronics
The only thing I've ever even broken in terms of gaming was a handful of 360 controllers that just wore out and would get stuck moving or running slightly in one direction.

Never fucking ever

>headsets

They usually broke internally

Speaking of, what do you anons suggest for "gaming" headsets now?
Been looking at the corsair void but idk about the mic quality - but coming from a turtle beach x12 I don't think I can get much worse?

Basically, under $100 and has the attached boom microphone.
I don't give a shit about LEDs or any of that gam3r shit, just in it for the attached microphone because having a dildo mic hanging in your face is annoying as shit.

Mine worked for like 3 years before my dog fucked up the cord like a doucher

I don't use them either I see absolutely no reason to fuck around with cords and the worst part is that most of them make it so you can't hear anything happening around you.

I'd much rather just use speakers, but I do use a headset when talking to people for courtesy and to eliminate feedback.

>voice activation
>someone says something funny
>reaction can be heard without awkwardly pushing a button

Use headphones m8, much better built, way better sounds and they last much longer. Good/moderate pair of headphones + desktop/clipon mic is a much better investment than cheapo gaming headsets that break after 5 months.

Hyperx cloud

Would like the 7.1 as an upgrade, you think the II is any good?

>push button to talk
>didn't realise
>thought everyone was ignoring me all this time

And a much worse investment than a good sound system.

That still doesn't solve the cord issue, nor the soundproofing issue.

Also, they don't sound any better than my current system, I can guarantee it.

>it's actually a really thin, dark-skinned chick with a leaf skirt, wearing leaf/grass leg warmers

I have the cloud 2. Its a solid beast, would recommend

>after 5 months
That has never happened for me.

I was shied away from purchasing those from looking at reviews, some audiophool gave it a poor rating. Guess ill pick some of those up, looked decent enough to me. On "sale" at my local Best Buy for $85, not too bad.
Can't be worse than x12s.

>soundproofing
Get open air headphones then dipshit
>cord issue
how messy are you that cords are an issue?
>guys did i mention my SUPERIOR "AUDIOPHILE" GARBAGE
how is this not a waste of money?

I had x12s and moved onto these. Massive world of difference. Noise canceling is better, i like the usb plugin for it, and detachable mic is a good feature to have.
And i know 7.1 is a meme for headphones but its cool to hear, especially playing battlefield 4 with 7.1 active

>get open air headphones
like 5% of the headphones on the market are open air, but more importantly, why do I need that when I have a good sound system and shitty X12s for whenever I want to talk to someone over the internet.

>how messy are you with cords
actually not at all, but that doesn't mean that a cord dangling from your head isn't a massive inconvenience compared to no cord

don't try to tell me you've never had a headphone cable get caught in your chair wheel

>waste of money
Actually, one of my buddies works at best buy and their employee discount is insane. He got me a $400 sound system for less than $120. Leagues above a similarly priced headset and mic in terms of quality.

>I actually have that headset and it's not bad
I have them too and they hurt me ears, like they are too small or tight that hurts the lobes after an hour. good sound quality though