Fallout New Vegas

Why do people say New Vegas is linear at the start?

It's easy to get pass the deathclaws and get into Freeside/New Vegas

1. Cred Forumstard mongoloids are not "people".
2. Cred Forumstards are too autistic to run past the Deathclaws, they need to kill anything they encounter.

it's hard to run past the deathclaws, but you can bumrush through the mountains, lure the deathclaws by being on a high ledge and having them come for you by going around on a slope, or use one of the stealth boys in Goodsprings.

>It's easy to get pass the deathclaws and get into Freeside/New Vegas
Mods are not a natural part of the game, therefor they do not count

But why go through the deathclaws? You can also go past the cazadores easily using the Courier's Stash grenade rifle. Or even better, go through Hidden Valley to Novac and then go to Vegas if you care to. You don't even have to face anything dangerous this way.

You mean the grenade rifle that's bugged to not hit anything?

I've heard people argue that throughout the whole game you're trying to go after benny on this big revenge quest but I didn't even know you were supposed to go after him until I actually got into the lucky 38 40 something hours in

Dunno what you're talking about. Stop using VATS maybe? Werks for me ;)

Your personal experience does not change the shitty writing

You're baiting and of course wrong. New Vegas is a good game though, even with a shitty loop cycle.

Isn't there a Deathclaw in the chokepoint if you go through Hidden Valley
I remember seeing one while being caught off guard and he totally rekt me since my puny Level 5 character couldn't even hurt him

that doesn't make any sense.

>Using the stealth boy you can get at the start of the game and using your brain = mods

Ok

>New Vegas is a good game
2/10

Did you mute the game by any chance?

1/10 made me reply

Deathclaws have maximum detection, stealth boys don't do anything at the range away from them you're going to be.

I started a new game yesterday and took this route right after the goodsprings quests, didn't see a deathclaw personally. I guess your mileage might vary? I went through scorpion gulch, past the laser pistol for the brotherhood quest. This route takes you to Helios one or so which is really close to Novac.

go play overwatch faggot

I've gotten past the deathclaws on my second playthrough, I've played for about an hour and I've already got the Mark of Caesar.

You just walk along the cliffs and avoid the deathclaws and cazdores

>someone calls out the troll post
>you tell me to go play random games you think are casual

This game could be fun if it was challenging. But the VATS thing is like the counter in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

>abusing bugs
Not valid either

Managed to get to new vegas past the deathclaws by just avoiding them as much as possible, using the stealth boy and taking alternate routes that cut down on the amount of them

The only mods I have are one that lets you hack faster, new vegas bounties, better blood textures and killable children

here you faggot

I do the same thing. Sit on top of a ledge and fire every grenade at those flying shit storms and then It's easy-peezy getting to New Vegas. But one or two cazadors always survives so you gotta shoot some.

>grenade rifle is bugged because obsidiots
>hidden valley is covered in giant radscorpions so that's a lie

Why shitpost user?
You know damn well its not a bug, and no one is gaining anything from you doing this.

How is taking an alternate route a bug??

know i know youre a foggit

>basically walking on a wall
>not a bug

hidden valley only has bark scorpions, not giant radscorpions

never use vats with explosive weapons

The only bug with the Mercenary's grenade rifle is that the grunt perk (25% more dmg) doesn't work with it.
Also I've made it through Hidden Valley easily at lvl 2. You can stop posting anytime user.

>I'm a faggot for acknowledging new vegas for what it really is

Whatever floats your boat, user.
We all gotta get our jollies some how.

Hidden valley isn't the end of the path, you have to cross through a narrow passage full of radscropions

>getting upset over this

my god Cred Forums stop feeding the troll, and pose your weaponfu.

the first time i skipped the deathclaws was just by bumrushing through the mountains with a few healing items. On the second time, I used a higher ledge to trick the deathclaws at the end of the quarry to follow on a slope that lead to where I was and then I jumped down from that slope and preceded to head on to New Vegas

>Walking on hills
>a bug
I dont know what you're thinking of but I have never ran on walls to get to New Vegas

I'm not really upset, just curious.

Mine is killing Veronica so I never have to interact with a character voiced by Felicia Day.

>The obvious choice
Heh

You wouldn't believe how many people I've seen on Twitch who forget about Benny or don't go after him until the end because they think he's high level

gun is useless.

The game gives you two guaranteed stealboys, one in the school safe, another on Joe Cobb.

If you can't get by the Quarry Junction or Bonnie Springs at the start of the game, you are a legit retard.

>bumrushing through the mountains with a few healing items
no, you didn't. Deathclaws are too fast and powerful for that to work
>I used a higher ledge to trick
abusing a bug does not count

>walk along a sheer drop wall to get onto a hill
>not a bug
The bug even still exists in skyrim because the engine is retarded

>I'm not fucking mad

Mods that make cazadors/deathclaws easier to sneak past do not count

you should know your weaponfu is a meme

My one true weaponfu. Can't stop using this thing, I use the lever action shotgun till I can use this baby.

>twitch
benny is literally the focus point of all conversions in the southern wasteland

Yeah I don't know what these fags are talking about. It's so easy to get overpowered. I remember starting an only melee character and got OP in like 10 hrs or less even

no, you didn't. Deathclaws are too fast and powerful for that to work

Deathclaws are only around Quarry Junction, Quarry Junction doesn't block the entire way you can get to New Vegas from the western front

>abusing a bug does not count

I don't see how it's a bug, it's just tricking wildlife enemies, it's not like your clipping through a wall or something.

No, for real, i just want to understand how you think its a bug.
Do you think it glitches the game some how or what?

You can just walk up the hill behind Goodsprings. There is no sheer drops or any glitching.
I don't think you've ever been there.

I don't get your image, it's not my fault, it's just that a lot of people prefer screwing around or actually think he's some high level enemy.

I saw a guy do several of the tribes quests and the DLC's before he got to Benny

>Never had a character maxed out lockpicking to get this rifle
I'm not missing anything right, its just some Sniper Rifle with better durability but can't be silenced.

got to get those jsp rounds

>Quarry Junction doesn't block the entire way
If you're just going to lie flat out, then I won't reply to you anymore

>doing what is CLEARLY not intended in any way shape or form
>this isn't a bug because you said so

But there are invisible walls

You've clearly never tried if you think that you can't sneak by cazadors/deathclaws with a stealthboy.

Tictacs reporting in

There's a couple but you can just
W A L K A R O U N D I T

They have maximum detection.
You cannot.

>along a sheer drop

The very first thing I did was use that stealthboy I found and sneak past the deathclaws.

It's ez fucking pz.

>sheer drop
>sheer
What did he mean by this?

MUH BUGGED GRENADE RIFLE MECHANICS, MUH BUGGED DETECTION. I WASN'T ABLE TO DO IT SO NO ONE ELSE CAN WAAAH. Kys famalam

OW is casual, though.
No amount of tacked on competitive mode is going to change the fact that it's a simple game anyone with a cognitive mind and working human hands can jump into with ease.

Its not really an efficient strategy but i like to stockpile as many explosives as i can, take the mines from the Primm bridge, go up to Primm Pass and basically create a big IED with the mines and all the dropped dynamite and so on

Luring the deathclaw guarding the pass out to chase you right into the mass of explosives is pretty funny, and you usually have just enough time to get out of the blast radius

>immediately leave goodsprings for new vegas
>try to sneak past deathclaws, end up being chased by three
>take a wrong turn somehow
>bump into a band of ncr rangers
>they gun down two before the third finishes them off
>I stopped to watch so not far away enough to escape detection
>deathclaw quickly gaining on me
>run into legion, still on neutral terms
>fucking legionary throws a spear
>decapitates deathclaw, they go right back to their business
>raped by baby cazadores two minutes later

>getting upset

>OW is casual, though.
even if it is, it doesn't excuse him

If they didn't intend on you being able to do it they would've put up a invisible wall or mountain and forced to go the primm route.
It's right there, open to you from the beginning.
Ok, wait, are we thinking of the same spot?
I'm not talking about the road from Sloan near black mountain.

I always have a laugh when coming back to the quarry with the Euclid's C Finder and trying to kill the matriarch Dearhclaw with that thing. Also, anyone else ever go fist-weapons or melee only before?

I have played this game a bunch of times vanilla on the 360 and have never even seen a death claw in the beginning of the game lol. And once I did i had the anti material rifle so they weren't even a problem. That's my favorite part of new Vegas is how we all experienced it different due to the freedom

>if I pretend I'm right he'll go away
no, I'm still here

the red circle is where deathclaws spawn in

and why would they put in two stealth boys in Goodsprings even though they're uncommon?

>>@353268652
>They have maximum detection.

>Deathclaw outside the junction PE 7
>Inside the junction 8

>They have maximum detection

You keep using those words, but I know you don't know what they mean.

>and why would they put in two stealth boys in Goodsprings even though they're uncommon?
Because you'll have use for them later/guaranteed loot spot

What?
No, I'm trying to see if we're talking about the same area.

>trying to use perception as a way to gauge an NPC's stats
If that were the case, then they wouldn't have such large HP

I'll greentext
>start up game go in blind
>skip intro for some strange reason
>spend two hours designing character and doing stats
>attack robot and die
>kill him with grenade rifle
>reload and walk up to him find out he's not hostile
>do the tutorial
>go north and get mauled by the cazadores
>save goodsprings from powder gangers
>run off down south
>save primm deputy
>get raped by deathclaws
>get through nipton and keep heading east at this point
>go to the river and try and kill mirelurks with a cowboy repeater
>eventually find my way to new vegas with 20 caps
>start new game

You know we are

why do you all mention death claws when you could just as easily go near the BoS bunker and hookup a back path of black mountain radio? there is even ncr armor to allow you to take the tram in. it takes 5 minutes tops starting from goodsprings

>>@353269284
Oh then please enlighten me with how this game works. Because even with their "maximum detection" I was still about to sneak attack crit even the legendary deathclaw in the junction with a low level character.

Im talking about a path to the side far away from the quarry.
The green here

These idiots are too lazy to find other ways around and think that using game mechanics in ways they weren't intended is not legitimate. Idk about anyone else but there's a few doors or interactive objects you can use through fences, like at Black Mountain and the Powder Ganger prison

Lying in the face of fact makes you look angry that you're wrong and a fool for doing it at all

Yes and it's still impossible

you are so transparent
kys cuck

>screaming random words at me because you desperately don't want to be wrong

my nigga

>>@353269775
Last bit of food, make it last.

>Lying in the face of fact
>Doesn't think that an enemies encoded states determine how they are i game.

All I did as Primm, No Vac and peeked into Freeside. My main weapon was a hunting rifle, companions were Veronica, and Rex, and my armor was combat armor. If they got too close any other gun I had plus mines. Beat the whole thing on my second playthough for the first time, because I was a bitch, and din't even attempt the first playthrough.

random encounter?

>admits he's wrong whole still trying to argue he's right
10/10 you got me

Such is life in the Mojave Wasteland.

Good on ya mate, you got me.

>calling someone a troll when your troll was called out
5/10 for overdoing it

>be playing New Vegas for the first time
>look at map, decide I want to go to NV
>run straight north up the road
>run up along the train track past Quarry Junction
>get to where all the fiends are fighting NCR troopers
Well that was easy

Also, you can just take a slight detour at the base of Black Mountain and go through the gap in the cliffs there, which lets you bypass the deathclaws if you're too much of a pussy.

I almost metal geared my way past those death claws

>be playing New Vegas for the first time
>look at map, decide I want to go to NV
>grab my gatling laser and run straight north up the road
>run up along the train track and clear out Quarry Junction
>get to where all the fiends are fighting NCR troopers
Anyone can lie on the internet

>almost

the deathclaws were never the problem; cazadors were a lot worse