So the Civ 6 embargo is finally down, there's a bunch of people streaming it on twtich. Reviews probably coming soon

So the Civ 6 embargo is finally down, there's a bunch of people streaming it on twtich. Reviews probably coming soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ByY_fjcfHqA?t=199
youtube.com/watch?v=MK2X3IxUfLY
youtu.be/lUL1Y95To2A?t=612
youtube.com/watch?v=RLO6-3VjMeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ByY_fjcfHqA
youtube.com/watch?v=rlr9oqqHH2k
youtube.com/watch?v=KkGpMiLp7Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=Og7JS8mcp3c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair_(ballad)
youtu.be/ByY_fjcfHqA?t=26m33s
youtube.com/watch?v=XnRrTEFZs60
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/civilization-civ-6-preview-hands-on/
youtube.com/watch?v=VAvP_LaR3es
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/29/civilization-vi-brings-the-series-back-to-its-best/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No Mongols, no buy.

Sage.

youtu.be/ByY_fjcfHqA?t=199

hnnnng sean bean

I cant, I just cant

The graphics are just rubbish. I really dont care about graphics normally but this is too much. Its like its purposely made to look like shit.

I love you Mar

>I really dont care about graphics normally
Sounds like bullshit since you're crying about literally nothing.

iPad version when?

Link to a stream? i cant find it

Yeah I could never play early Civs because the advisors were too childish like the Elvis one. Civ would be so much better if everything was brown and grimdark like my fursona.

graphics are completely fine you sperg

kys r*ddit scum

Except I really dont. Point me to any shit looking game and Ill still play it if its gameplay is good.

But this is probably the single worse graphical style iv ever seen. You would be hard pressed to find something worse from a AAA game unless you found some disaster of a game that barely got released and was unfinished.

unless you're talking about old-ass pre-alpha build screenshots you're either blind or actively retarded

Im sorry but that looks like absolute shit. Its like playdoh.

Im talking about the game now, it looks like shit.

Stop taking this personally kid. Im sure the gameplay is fine, its just so graphically appalling im surprised anyone can stomach playing it.

Maybe a modder will fix it by redoing all the assets and color schemes.

What exactly do you think is wrong the colour scheme? Too colourful?

How sexy is Gilgamesh

I think he meant the aesthetic, not the quality.

Yeah I am not buying this game till reviews minimum. And I bet it won't be as good as BnW. Just like Civ 5, just like Civ 4.

Not just that but the colors themselves are wrong, they harshly clash. Assets blur together like mud. The hidden map effect looks great but the sharp contrast with the revealed map is horrendous. Nothing looks realistic at all, sizes are completely fucked, cities look pitifully small in comparison to units, heights between buildings, wonders and cities are completely fucked as well.

Honestly I could go on for ages because absolutely everything about it looks shit, except that hidden map effect which is wasted because it doesnt fit into the rest of the style at all..

Calling people kid makes you look immature, kiddo

>Civ 4 was bad on release
Pure revisionist nonsense.

How the fuck does the next iteration of a game look worse? Literally fucking how?

Because Civ 6 is going to be on android/iphones

Yeah. Fastest way for your phone explode once it reached turn 100 and up.

When does this come out on smartphones?

>that
>good

Am i being meme'd ? Late game Civ V look fucking horrendous

You can expect limitations on the number of civs in order to counter that

which stream are we watching ?

In a vacuum Civ 6 isn't that bad. It is mediocre. However when compared to ? God damn Civ 6 looks like fucking hot garbo next to 5.

uh, not really

just tell me they made combat, especially naval combat, not such a fucking pain in the ass in the lategame.

Between this and EL: Tempest I should be occupied for a while. I hope Tempest comes out first though, so it can hold me until 6 is out.

>those ships
Jesus fucking Christ my eyes . The Uboats look high quality then you have those fucking rubber tub boats in the background

>all those clashing building types
MAKE IT STOP

similarly zoomed in 5

>Forest looks like forest
>Grounds looks like ground with texture
>Color looks reasonable

>Those fucking trees jesus christ. Why are they so sparse and spread out
>Ground looks like untextured garbo
>Bright and jarring colors
Neck yourself

Who the fuck plays Civ zoomed in?
What the fuck? Is this some meme audience that the newest Civ drew in? Zoomed in Civ?

welp time to start a different thread without people completely spazzing out over graphics

I wouldnt say Civ 5 is some master of design but thats still better than the clusterfuck that is 6

I dont see why they had to throw out 5 rather than improve it and fix its issue

?

>I dont think its important so its not!
Fuck off to shittid if you want a hugbox where people only praise games even when they make objectively stupid design choices.

>objective

graphic style is literally the most subjective thing you could possibly be discussing, retard

we've also known this shit for a year or so, it's been discussed to death, while a lot of actual new info came out today only for the same sperging retards to come in and go ape on muh graphics again

Zoomed in Civ 6 will 100% look better than a game released in 2010. Textures, higher base requirements and better models will see to that 100%. However zoomed out Civ 6 looks like fucking hot garbage because of their artstyle choice. That is why when zoomed out where graphic fidelity doesn't matter as much, Civ 5 > 6 by miles because it doesn't make my eyes bleed.

>meme x

>graphic style is literally the most subjective thing you could possibly be discussing
Go on then, tell us how Wolf3D is more realistic than Crysis

If you want to go to your hugbox where your game is free from criticism head over to >>>/civ4xg/. You are literally on Cred Forums sperg.

he's absolutely right. I think Civ5 art style is better even though I got used to the Civ6 art style from the gameplay vids but this thread is a fucking failure. The only discussion is about "muh graphics sux, game sux, no buy shills". No discussion about the actual goddamn gameplay that is actually important.

>i don't understand the difference between style and quality

you're pretty dense aren't you

>GTA 1 looks better than GTA5
>Tetris looks better than Crysis
>Civ 6 looks better than Civ [insert literally any number here]
Kill thyself

> it's been discussed to death
And? No one gives a shit if your personally feelings are butthurt because people express their views on a game, if you dont fucking like it dont respond.

But we both know you'll keep bitching and crying trying to save face. If you actually believe this is entirely subjective then you have NO argument or reason to be bitching this hard that others voice their issue with the game.

you didn't understand my post at all, did you

You didnt explain why Wolf3D looks better than Crysis, go on, we're waiting.

>He comes to Cred Forums for actual goddamn gameplay discussion

I am not sure what you were expecting. 4x games are already a niche genre with few players and you choose Cred Forums the most notorious shitposters of all video game to look for proper discussions.

>literally nothing

literally the biggest thing in the game because it is what you look at constantly.

Where did I say that it was? What the fuck are you trying to do here?

No. I did. It is you who literally doesn't understand Cred Forums. Is this your first week here? Can you name one fucking game that people didn't constantly shit on pre release?

Undertale :^)

>graphic style is literally the most subjective thing you could possibly be discussing
>Wolf3D looks better than Crysis because I subjectively say so!
But go on, post another goalpost move claiming you never said this.

:^)

Looks really good. Just preordered.

All the haters are just piratefags who got shrekt be Denuvo and are now trying to find excuses.

>Civ 5
>Denuvo
Lmao

Either graphics are subjective in which case you're bitching about peoples personal tastes and you're a moron, or they are objective in which case you are empirically wrong in saying 6 looks good and a moron.

Outstanding job.

I'll stick with civ 5 until It goes on sale with all expansions for like 10 dollars

>shrekt be Denuvo
You mean that DRM that gets broken all the time

Holy fuck, you're really fucking dense

Of course you can say that Wolf3D is less realistic than Crysis, just like how you can say that, I don't know, TF2 is less realistic than Counter-Strike

What you can't do is say that by that definition one is better than the other, so no, it can't be "an objectively stupid design choice" because it's always bound to whatever you personally like. Civ 6's graphics are mostly changed for gameplay purposes - if you played the game and shit would be unclear because of the graphics, then you have something to complain about.

I turned the most popular civ 6 stream on at the moment. It is literally Civ 5 with shittier graphics. Those fucking trees in the bottom left fucking trigger me. Everything else looks the fucking game to me. The streamer is literally making all the same decisions that I would make in Civ 5.

>strawmanning this hard

I'm right though :^)

xcom 2 still doesn't have denuvo what is this

Reminder.

full technology list

it's funny because that woman really wanted henry viii in the game and not victoria

This. Such wasted potential with the uboats, a damn shame

I'm 99% sure those boats in the back aren't units, just part of the scenery from the districts

FOR FREE
O
R

F
R
E
E

I just realized the brown and washed out part of the map that looked like an old map isn't the unexplored map. It is the fucking fog of war.

FUCKING WHY? WHO THE FUCK OKAYED THIS DECISION? HOLY SHIT. YEAH I DEFINITELY LOVE LOOKING AT WASHED OUT ICONS THAT ARE ALL THE SAME COLOUR TO IDENTIFY THEM. WHAT THE FUCK?

Why the fuck would you do this?
Why?

Marb, you polish gypsy, leak the build, please, please, I'll subscribe to your patreon man, just leak it already ;(

there was a dev saying earlier that you can turn on colour on those icons

lemme see if i can find the quote

They are obviously different, and you need to have explored the map to see this, thus scanned whats there and remember at a glance. Also hovering tooltips, durr.

I absolutely love the new visuals and interface, and I can't understand the haters.

No shit their icons are different but at a glance that is way harder to tell. Zoomed out? Even worse. Why the fuck would you remove the easily identifiable colors.

>Hurr durr tooltips.
Kill yourself. It is about the ease of identifying map elements at a glance.

>tfw no science civ

>Day night cycle
Aka how to add a piss filter to your game. Jesus christ this game.

BLUNDER OF CENTURY CONFIRMED

CONFIRMED

CONFIRMED

So will this game have Denuvo?

Any news on Russia yet?

Yes, you're never going to play it you filthy piratefag.

Man you better not be fucking joking because this is fucking triggering me. Just look at this. JUST.

I don't even use icons in Civ5, I can tell whats what by looking at the tiles. I think you may just be retarded.

>Mod friendly game
>Denuvo
:^)

What am I supposed to be reminded of? That the Civ 5 women look boring?

preordered :)

Russia isn't in the game as a form of protest against the annexation of Ukraine.

>I don't even use icons
So what? Hilarious calling me retarded by saying you don't use a game feature to defend a shit tier game design choice. Fuck off shill.

>i can't see anything without colored icons, thus its shit
>meanwhile other people can see perfectly fine even without icons

I am just commenting on your inability to make sense of simple visual queues and expressing my hope that you end your life.

I find that perfectly readable, but yeah, no real reason not to have them coloured in

Pretty sure there was Peter in the one of the civilopedia featuring videos

No, thats Russian propaganda.

youtu.be/lUL1Y95To2A?t=612

looks way better than that

Hey guys quill here.

Who wants to hear me talk about Civ 6. Epic Memes like le trollface included. X-D

Upboat please! No raicsm you 5chin troll. X-D

>In Civ 5
>Just you
>Other people
Kill yourself. Even if I could play this game blindfolded it is still a fucking shit tier game design choice.

>Simple visual queues
Yes yes queues. You sure you are not the retarded one here?

>Can't cook eggs

>no Soviet Union
Life is suffering

If the modding is relatively easy, I'll make the Balkan states as mods pretty early on.
Give me ideas and assets, you fucking turko-gypsies.

does anyone watch this cunt? i'm sticking with based marbozir and filthyrobot

If modding is not easy aka denuvo. This game is fucking dead in the waters to me.

>aka denuvo
Denuvo prohibits tampering with exe, not the mods, you dumb fuck. It's been discussed countless times already

you can turn it off easily, jesus christ

FilthyRobot streaming right now if you're interested:

twitch tv/filthyrobot

>Balkan states
No thanks, just make Yugoslavia or maybe Croatia

Can I turn off the shit graphics as well?

Looks like godus and civ 5 is still fun with mods

Sometimes you need to fuck with the exe you double nigger.

no you don't, not when there's proper modding support, which civ 5 had and this game will focus on

>hoi4

Man, modding for that was a bitch. Adding a few new provinces leads to editing like 12 poorly formatted text files. All the redundancy, copy pasting, changing a few lines, disgusting.
Only Mount&Blade modding is worse.

Only if a game doesn't feature extensive mod support. All of the civs are about xml tampering and adding additional assets. There are only few games where you actually need to tamper with .exe: Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, GTA SA and Just Cause 2. Just Cause 3 allows modding, but not for the guys that try to make multiplayer one, because that is tampering with exe.

Are there any good mods by now? I was doing some things on my own but got so bored of the game that I dropped my project

So if a game didn't have mod support and had denuvo, you're just going to tell that person that they are shit outta luck?

shit outta luck for what?

Yeah, unique national focuses.
Finland and Persia are good. Yugoslavia and China are okay. Play these, its worth it.
The rest are meh.

No good full conversions yet.

>civ V
>not looking like a boring mess of shit

Props for keeping your shit meme going for so long though

>Civilization VI is not off on DLgamer
KeK

>No good full conversions yet.
Guess I'll just wait for Kaiserreich. Eventually...

I want pre-WWI mods, not post WWI. Maybe some Napoleon thing.

Modding is more than just tampering with exe, I'm not here to lecture you on how it works. Anyway, no civ 3, 4 or 5 mod required a different exe or a script extender or injector or whatever to run.

So they are just shit outta luck. You didn't answer the question.

Does anyone know if there is a way to minimize the diplomacy window when the AI asks you on its turn, so you can look at the map before deciding?

>america
>start on a shitty japan sized island
>jerusalem is right next to you
kek

neither did you, what are you talking about? shit outta luck for what?

I don't care about the graphics, is the game GOOD? Better than the rather crap Civ V?

For modding the exe.

>mfw I have zero problems with the graphics and I don't feel I need to sperg out about it

Feels good not be be triggered by little things.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLO6-3VjMeQ

is iraq or assyrians in the game?

Modding the exe isn't something that happens often. I think you have zero experience with making mods and are talking out of your ass.

i'd assume so, depends on how they do modding for this game, but considering they're saying it will be easy and there will be a big focus on it, i'm going to assume they thought of this shit

No, the closest you're getting in Sumer

The graphics don't bother me so much as the art direction. This really looks like the Casual Babby Touchscreen version of Civilization.

or that 6's look like clay abominations?

So I am right. For scripts that require the modding of the exe, Denuvo will stop that, which prevents modding of the game.

Thank you for proving that I'm right and Denuvo is bad for gaming.

Modding the exe happened often with older games, like Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon Age Origins. But it's fairly uncommon nowadays.

>get told you are wrong
>"thanks for proving im rite!!"

2/10, weak

Finally a somewhat goodlooking leader

>king of portugal
fuckin usurper is what he is

you are pretty fucking dumb

Cred Forums bitches about lack of color in modern video game
>oh look a game that uses more than 2 colors in their pallete
>SHIT AESTHETIC

never change

Spanish rule in Italy was a mistake

A minor complaint I know, but I think the borders are TOO straight and with the hexagons. Civ 5, they were never totally straight and tended to flow with the landscape, and up against other civ borders it looked cool.

This, with straight lines and conforming to the hexes, seems too clean, and it also reminds me of other hex games. For Civ 5 the hexes were the layout, but the map wasn't really defined by them, if you turned off the grid it would still look like a normal map. With Civ 6, it looks totally defined by the hexes, look at the coast for example, particularly rocky cliffs. Too many totally straight lines, which doesn't happen in nature, so it gives a weird impression of the map, and the borders of civs seem too clean.

The graphics have been stepped down from five, but from what we've seen so far of the gameplay, I'd say it has improved.

Maybe I've just played too much Warlock: Master of the Arcane but I like the "buildings on terrain" thing.

TotalBaldEgo streaming, lads

holy fuck philip is incredible

everything about him is funny

>le coc graphics
Reddit fuck off

>wanting to watch an abysmal retard playing a strategy game

no thanks, filthyrobot is streaming right now

Sfm feat with Sycthia when?

There has been not a single intelligent post with weebshit picture attached to it

But he is very bad at video games.
filthyrobot, a good Civilization player, is starting a new game right now. Watch that if you want to see the game.

What's wrong with looking like clay? They also don't look like abominations, either. They don't look magnificent but they don't look bad. Vicky and Cat look like they did, Cleo looks fine with giant ass titties and Tomyris looks a little too square chinned.

Really, I think you're just a little bitch baby.

lol @ those intolerant christians. will they ever learn

That medal is clipping a good bit. Small thing to notice, but it's there.

So what are all the final civs and leaders?

>no russia

((((

>playing strategy game
>time to put my FACE on the screen
I know they only do it because fans like it, but why do fans gotta want to see their fucking face all the time.

>be France
>have the greatest kings and generals the world has ever known
>those fuckers pick a literal meme to fill their feminist quota

russia is already confirmed through leaks

>be france
>surrender

l i t e r a l l y multiple leaders per civ, retard

>Felip II is the leader of Spain
>Does not have the tercio as his special unit
kek

>greatest kings and generals
>France
Kekled

Why wait when the Darkest Hour version is damn near perfect?

One of these days I'll do a Mongolia game and it won't end with the RNG fucking me

>be France
>never surrender

>unit formation that basically revolutionized warfare of it's period
>literally called spanish square
What were they thinking?

heads up wojak my man

Which civilization is Civet leading?

Canada.

b-but muh conquistadores!

because most people give a shit about conquistadores that weren't called Hernann Cortez

>no iroquois
>no shoshone
dropped

I like it

I hear his voice in a Spanish-accented Brian Blessed.

>include a nig
>not Mansa Musa
What a load of trash

I miss Askia desu

>liking Mansa Musa over based Shaka Zulu

Fuck outta here, nigga

>French general has a german surname
Oh, I'm laffin

>wanting another ebin warrior king instead of the richest man on earth

>All this people complaining abot the graphics
Who the fuck cares. Graphics don't matter.
As long as it doesn't become a clusterfuck after mid-game like Civ V I'm fine

I'll enjoy those riches when I conquer your cities before turn 100.

>there'll never be a mechanic for crashing another countries economy with your gold

Graphics matter, but If you actually watch the latest footage today you'll notice there's a lot of detail and the textures aren't as bad as they seemed in those first pics we got. That Day/Night cycle is also sweet. Overall, I was very vocal about its horrid art style, but after watching for a bit, it does grow on you and is overall cleaner than Civ V

It would most likely be that using religious units on another civ's cities temporarily lowers gold output across that civ to mirror his giving of gold during his hajj.

A mix of economy and religion would be neat, which is why I hope they bring back the true KANG.

>AI is still shit
What does it all matter? Why even pay 60 shekels for the same lackluster AI?
A new coat of paint means nothing.

>serving omelet
>not just hard boiled eggs

Do what? Civ V and IV (can't say nothing for the rest) had resource icon options as well

that guy gives me autism, hell even his name is repulsive

Says who? AI was vastly improved in BE, and it looks to be better again

Says me, Civ player extraordinaire. Maybe you've heard of me. Name's John Numbers.

civ AI has always been shit. they are still fun games.

honestly there's a general in /vg/ if you want civ talk without the shitposting

JOHN

shhhhh

Is the soundtrack uploaded yet?

If you care so much about graphics in a Civilization game, you're probably just a poseur and not a real Civ player.

>theodora
>turboslut psycho
>civ leader

Don't remind me

>not playing in strategic view anyway

>/vg/
>no shitposting

Just the fact that you'll never get fucked by "city two tiles away from the coast is not coastal" again made me preorder this, tbqh

shitposting relative to the discussion I mean

>/vg/
oh cool I'll be sure to trip up and talk about myself

What the hell is up with these quotes?

Strategic view is the go to mean to play when it's on late turns.

with how land is important, makes you wonder if it's better to settle now on land away from coasts since you can build harbor districts anyway

Real question, why play Civilization when you have paradox games? It's much more fun actually fucking around with history instead of just fucking with the leaders of about 8 nations

Why even play games, real world has more depth and it is incredibly dynamic.

It also runs at almost the same resolution

because it's a completely different genre? Advance Wars has more in common with Civilization than EU or HoI or CK does

I kno right
Why play Age of Empires when you can play Total War? People are just retarded I guess baka

Real question, why play EU4 when you can play Vicky?

I'm finding myself more interested in different customizable map options rather than the different civs and leaders.

Maps will be much more important in this game, given districts, adjacency bonuses, etc.

Also, I hope we can really get fuckhuge maps and wide empires become feasible.

My favorite memories of Civ II are the biggest maps and Bloodlust mode, and you get to paint the entire map.

a-at least it won't have high requirements right? Right?

EU4 has a lot of quality of life changes that help it. Including searching for countries, better map interface, and a better system for understanding what you're seeing diplomatically

>stupid city states still haven't been removed

WHY?
H
Y
?

Civ isn't a history simulator, it's a pure strategy game with a historical theme. Everyone and their mother knows this by now.

considering we get that exact same fucking post in every single civ post, no they don't

how do I have fun with Civ?

Or they're just shitposting. This is Cred Forums.

>literally not turning it to 0 when given a chance

why are people so averse in exploring the menus

no, it's pretty sincere

What's the release date on this thing?

They do, Cred Forums is just filled with abject retards who can't understand the most basic shit even when it's spelled out for them.

and here you are

this type of antishitposting mentality isn't productive at all ,if you had just explained it to our newfriend here he would gain the knowledge he wanted and come out a little more informed than the last time he posted and as a bonus anyone in a similar position that didn't know already would know after that avoiding fututre instances of this repeating. Cred Forums is the largest imageboard for more than a decade because of shitposting and any copycat that tried to immitate it's success of it is dead now because of antishitposting

He'll probably still be in as dlc seeing as how multiple leaders in confirmed

Why play V2 when MEIOU & Taxes 2.0 is about to put POPs in EU4?

wow you sure showed me

It looks like Civ V with a new coat of paint. Eh.

>Watching quill18
>"What does Jerusalem want?"
>"Oh, recruit a great merchant"

Totalbiscuit is the shittiest Civ player I've ever seen jfc.

sauce on this?

Daily reminder that grand strategy games and Paradox are 10x more fun and in depth than le Civ meme

Quit watching people who can't play videogames then.

What do they mean by this?

>barbs are stealing muh settlers!
>this is driving my totally biscuits!

Oh dear he isn't doing well

Totalbiscuit is complete shit.
he claims to test 30 games per month, but he actually play them for 15 minutes at best. It's obvious when you see him play for more than two minutes.

why are you watching him in the first place? in literally any game? he's neo-Cred Forums embodied

>Wonderwhores
>doesn't understand why he is behind in tech

Uh, in civ v there's an option to remove them. I assume the same will be in civ Vi.

>Total Biscuit stream
LOL

Nice angelus music.

>Point me to any shit looking game and Ill still play it if its gameplay is good.

I challenge you to play Caves of Qud.

Who the fuck actually talks in twitch chat other than underagers or literal retards.

The game will still be designed around them; you're supposed to play with them. If the developers hadn't included the states and instead spent their time on other things, the game would probably be better.

There are 16k people watching. Can you imagine the clusterfuck that would take place if they could all speak at once?

He still bemoaning the loss of his settler

>Civilization aesthetic
>supposed to be realistic at some point

So is it good?

It is. Late game cities look wonderful as well.

Earlier eras gameplay is really good, but we don't have a lot of content on modern era. Anyway, we still have 3 weeks until release so we'll know if the game is worth it soon enough.

It's lit.

Here's a guy who's legit good at the game
still butthurt they choose fucking norway over Sweden or Denmark though

I'll give this guy a shot. Was watching Quill18 but he overanalyzes every single move. Also apparently his testicles haven't dropped because his voice gets really high pitched when he gets excited and it's obnoxious as fuck.

Where's part 2 though? Did he seriously play half an hour and then stop?

youtube.com/watch?v=rlr9oqqHH2k
It's right here dude

>not an actual bowl of eggs

It's like you don't even meme

The art style was made to be zoomed out sperg. They went over why they chose it. They chose it for gameplay reasons.

>that city density

holy shit is that fucking normal

what happened to CxxxC

youtube.com/watch?v=KkGpMiLp7Ig

Some late game footage, uploader is a faggot who doesn't go over any late game mechanic except nukes. Anyway, late game is aesthetically pleasing.

>realistic graphics
Realistic graphics are shit. We've been over this a million times. Take a game with better graphical capabilities and give it a shit art style and it's garbage. Look at how Dark Souls 2 looks 5x worse than Dark Souls

Why play Meiou when you can play liquor mod?

Aside from the woods and jungles being sparse and the few units I like the artstyle in VI

Watching the biscuit stream right now and i swear that the background music is an instrumental version of a fucking Simon & Garfunkel song
youtube.com/watch?v=Og7JS8mcp3c

*Who the fuck actually watches TotalBiscuit other than underagers or literal retards.

The tune is older than that en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair_(ballad)

Yeah. A strong strategy in Civ V is to have three cites and you want them spread apart so maximize your territory.

I made it up.

I deeply hate having cities 3 titles from each other, 6 is life. Hopefully in VI this playstyle is favored because of districts and wonders.

How does the production cost of builders scale?
Will it prevent going wide, simply because you won't have enough dudes to improve shit?

On one hand tiles are important, so you want more.
On the other, district adjacency bonuses work cross city, so if you have two cities near enough you can use district from one city to get bonuses in the other.
I think its a good decision, and with rivers being important, you will probably be settling river systems at 4-5 tiles away.

>all these retards watching TB on this game rather than literally anyone who isn't an idiot

explain yourself

youtu.be/ByY_fjcfHqA?t=26m33s

Muh dick

What are you doing?

>On the other, district adjacency bonuses work cross city

For Japan and Germany that seems essential, so unless I'm playing them or min/maxing for deity I'll just ignore this mechanic.

>that voice

oh, nice

Having a laugh mate

Assuming direct control

I find him entertaining in a non-yelling manner. He's also playing England which I'm interested in watching. I'm also watching marbozir, nothing limits me to watching one person

unless you're a subscriber shut the fuck up
you don't get to complain

>Still no leak

It's at times like this that I am ashamed to call myself a PC gamer.

>That old fashioned map look in area's with FoW

It's the little things that make me happy

>nothing limits me to watching one person

Aside from self-respect, which you are apparently missing. By this logic, why aren't you watching every two-bit youtuber? Only the best deserve your time unless you're a waste of space with nothing better to do.

>baaaww, why wont people risk their jobs and reputations so i can play an unfinished game illegally one month earlier

your mom leak all the time and she ain't a pc gamer.

>buttchin
>gone

Cancel pre-order

>Quill18, FilthyRobot, Marbozir
>1k viewers

>totalbiscuit
>20k viewers

Top kek, he is demolishing the core Civilization streamers.
This is the one day of the year they can get four digit views and he is suffocating them.

How come Civ 6 didn't get a trailer as hype as this?

youtube.com/watch?v=XnRrTEFZs60

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Do you limit yourself to only listening to one band? Playing one game?

>Watching other people playing games

Hey, next time you feel like masturbating, how about you watch me do it instead?

I didn't say you should limit yourself to just one, I said you shouldn't listen to garbage simply because nothing stops you.

Do pirates even comprehend the irreversible damage they've done to the PC's fragile ecosystem? Or do they just not care who suffers at the expense of their entitlement

sure, I'll take you up on that ;)

Hope my boi Gamerzakh will play this soon. A legit skilled strategy player.

Clearly garbage in this case is subjective.
I hate to break this to you but your view on who is and who isn't entertaining or not is not absolute law.

>Do you limit yourself to only listening to one band? Playing one game?

One at a time yeah.

>highest grossing entertainment industry in world
>fragile
loving every laugh

piracy is morally unjustifiable, if you don't want the game don't buy it but to acquire it for free is wrong

intellectual property has value

Yet all these nobodies got the game for free and are playing it while I, who would gladly pay for it, have to wait.

good thing I have anonymous posters on norwegian pickled herring board to teach me about morals huh

So you acknowledge that your actions are morally unjustifiable and hurt others yet you still do them?

At least we get to make a proper decision when buying. If the game happens to be shit we'll know, no hype can last 22 days.

And then, the same guy will complain about early access.

yes. what's it to you?

whyd they give all the bitches some manly ass chins

>Russian leader still not announced

>oh cool, embargo is lifted, is the game coming out october 1st or something?
>NOPE
>3 weeks away
What the fuck
So e-celebs get to play the game almost a month sooner than anyone else?

Arabia is science aint it

>Civ 6 shill thread
>It's actually full of anti-pirate shills

Funny how you only show up when there's a new release huh

they're not playing the full game yet either

>being poor
lol what a cuck

More like they delay the game another month so e-celebs have time to market it for them.

Why would they give their marketing team a poor, unfinished product?

Why the streamers don't have access to all civs?

They're able to play to victory as opposed to old civ demos which usually capped at 100 turns
It's pretty close to the complete product, AFAIK the only things missing are some leaders and higher difficulty settings.

>greatest kings
no
>greatest Generals
you win that one for sure nobody comes close to Napoleon

sadly France is remembered for fucking up WW2 despite all of their incredible campaigns prior to that including WW1.
ya fucked up for not finishing the Maginot Line

The game hasn't gone gold yet.

Their special building replaces the university and gives a bit of a bonus, but that's it.

>you win that one for sure nobody comes close to Napoleon

Except for literally anyone who wasn't utterly defeated?

I've played Civ V for like 400 hours and have never used a nuke.

I've always either won by the time they'd be useful, or gone a peaceful route.

and more map types, campaigns, multiplayer, tsl

there's pretty significant parts missing

early build, it has limited options, they only have prince difficulty and 3 map types.

People play Civ campaigns?

I listen to the music.

Some cenarios are cool, but I don't think no one considers it a significant part of the game except the dude you're replying to.

They're the exception

>Religious battles are a thing
>Missionaries/Inquisitors literally throw lightning at each other
What the fuck

>entitlement

You don't? A lot of them are fun as fuck

Wait for it

Marb has a thick accent and Robot is a ultracompetative hyperserious not fun allowed type of guy

What an awful Art Design.

Imagine if they made it more like ruling an empire instead of some retarded quest system?

>thick accent
>negative

the other choices except those two are a cancerous idiot and a memespouting idiot, so hey

The other option is to bash each other with [not the bible]

Ah fuck it. I've seen enough gameplay. I like it. Pre ordered digital deluxe.

Thanks marb~!

Back when I was a Romaboo I played a bit of Fall Of Rome. Even then I couldn't last more than 7 turns.

It's just not civ

>sadly France is remembered for fucking up WW2 despite all of their incredible campaigns prior to that including WW1.
ya fucked up for not finishing the Maginot Line

that isn't fair at all. The Maginot was still overwhelmed in the north where tacticians were sure no armor could pass through the difficult terrain. Those tacticians did not account for German Panzers. Additionally, France was slow to upgrade their magnificent artillery and the world was still completely dumb to the necessity of air superiority while Hitler built up his luftwaffe.

Blitzkrieg would have opened the line either way given the materiel available to France. France and other Allied nations lacked sufficient military due to economic strain in post-war Europe and allowed far too much momentum politically to suddenly say no at Maginot.

I bought Civ 5 Complete this year for less than 5 fucking bucks. I'll do the same with this. Thanks for beta-testing, civbros!

>That art direction

Holy fuck who thought copying SPORE's art design was the best possible choice for a World Empire Strategy Game? Especially when the last game had the best graphics in the series?

Why do we still have 3 or 4 huge NPC's as unit markers instead of a glob of units the size of the ingame houses?

Were grass textures too expensive?

Hey the water looks good tho, nice waves. Good Work 2k.

See you in 6 years then.

Time moves so fast.

Maximize city happiness and resource potential by spacing them out.

Its a nightmare when you have a city of 15, and only 9 tiles to work between two cities.

Fall of Rome is alright but does require a really good computer because that map is fucking HUGE

1066, Mongols, Smoky Skies, andScramble for Africa are really fun though

Even with this shitty artstyle the game is gonna lag mid-game even with just 6 civs.
I used to give Paradox crap for their games getting laggy late game but those games have about 100 nations ai doing shit whenever you unpause yet Civ manages to make 5 ai lag on turn end.

>Preordering a digital product that literally does not run out
I will never understand this. You're encouraging them to pull cancerous marketing practices by doing this shit.

>nuclear power plant next to saw mill thats across from wall street, neighboring the local straw hut cottages build for the u boat dock workers who have to cross the wall to get fresh water from the aqueduct and water mill, and then can go get coffee in a skyscraper.

Was this game developed by 6 different studios? Because thats what it looks like. A lot of the assets are much higher quality and res than some of the other assets.

it doesnt matter how many grooves you put in clay, it still doesnt look like hair.

Readability > Art Direction
If a player can't see at a glance what the fuck is going on in the tile the devs had failed.
If some autist getting triggered saves a second of time for everyone else, who the fuck cares?

>washed out icons, text, and borders makes it easier for players to see whats going on.

Didnt know 2k employees visited this site.

WE'RE ROCKIN' YOUR MAJESTY AND WE GOT YOU TO THANK FOR IT

They made them a lot more interesting and less annoying

>Forest consists of like 7 trees instead of being a forest
This is why I can't take it seriously, I don't care about the cartoon look, the actual designs are just terrible

As someone whose masterd EU4 and CK2, how do i play Vicky?

I tried it but the pop system is so weird to get a hang of.

>adding color and removing realism is dull

Except there are mods for 5 that required tampering with the exe

arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/civilization-civ-6-preview-hands-on/

>
For now, this is a supremely strong strategy experience that already looks in far better shape than its predecessor was at launch. The improved user interface is a real triumph considering the number of different concepts packed into every facet of the campaign, and it expertly balances depth with a logical set of world rules that make playing so much more enjoyable.

build liquor factories.

>this is adding color

Desperate, or retarded. You decide.

do i let my pop build it?

>Incoherent with hunger and pain from tooth filling rattling loose and being unable to eat
>Watching Marbozir play Civ 6

I'm gonna be in a bad way when I finish this second episode. Can't really think straight enough to play games myself.

Yes instead of your idea of a forest, thin trees packed tightly together, it's pine trees. Very good observation.

like what

Hey look at that.

In Civ V there are unique cities.

In VI they all rook the same.

turns out seeing shit in fog of war isn't as pertinent as seeing shit in your own borders

guess where the colour is?

So you prefer it to be grey fog?

That's not fog you can clearly see he's already explored that area and found those resourced you retard.

What? Civ 6 still has unique cities

Do you have PROOFS?

In every video I've seen the cities all look the same.

Watch Marbozir instead. He's actually good.

check the main videos for civs, there's african/asian/middle eastern/european city styles

So unless I'm mistaken, the new fog-of-war still shows landmass and even resources, correct?

Become a government with state capitalism or planned economy so you can build factories yourself.
build about 3 cement factories in states with coal, then build liquor in states with wheat and wine in ones with fruit. in states with neither build either of those and some glass factories.

Ayyyy.

I stand corrected.

Thanks user.

of course

the actual fog, as in unexplored areas, have all those krakens and shit on it and doesn't

>im going to stare at my 1 city the entire 300 turns just to prove a point that the game looks good
>in a game about competing with other empires
>that arent in my borders.

Wow you must have had a personal had in this decision. I have no idea why youre defending this shitty art design with so much passion.

Im not buying the game, there are better strategy games.

Youre the man, thanks. So that will take care of my economy for me?

Ooooh, okay.
From the screenshots I had seen it seemed like the unexplored areas still had visible resources and land mass.
Which seemed bizarre and disappointing to me. Half the fun of early game is just branching out without a clue as to what you'll find.

Phew.

>twitch streaming a month before release
i hate this meme

>Im not buying the game, there are better strategy games.

Good, now fuck off.

I actually really fucking like that previously explored areas look like drawn map. It just instantly connects that it's an area that you only have a rough idea about.

look at the start here:

fog works the exact same way as it does in Civ 5, it's just that it looks graphically different

That should take care of your economy, just upgrade your factories every few months depending on how populated your states are.

the canned food, small arms and other isn't good for economy but you need it for your troops so have a few of those if your planing for war.

So who's the least faggot of these early access LPers?

I like it too it just needs to be better. I can easily imagine how annoying that would get.

>not having customers is a good thing
wew lads

actually this vid might be better because it's so prominent: youtube.com/watch?v=VAvP_LaR3es

based Marbozir

Marbozir is my personal favorite

Cool, paper map fog is a bit jarring but I'm sure I'll grow into it.

The mobile-tier art is also not bothering me as much seeing it at a good distance like that.

Arumba is also pretty good, just avoid his collabs with Quill (unless it is EUIV/CK2 and he shoves his dick in hard and dry).

I am glad we have gotten past the days of whining the game was SJW

>Somehow the game is even more dumbed down than Civ 5

>Civ 4 was bad
Take your meds, Jim. You are horrible without them

Holy shit this guy is insufferable

>normie shitposter desperately trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about

I guess that just shows how important science is. There are probably no science specific civs because that would make them OP.

Will it at least feature a palpable version of the UN?

They completely removed World Congress, so no. There isn't a diplo victory either.

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/29/civilization-vi-brings-the-series-back-to-its-best/

Too lazy to watch the streams, did it flop?

>They completely removed World Congress, so no. There isn't a diplo victory either.

But user, they said that everything in Civ 5 was in Civ 6.

I just hope they have a good scenario/map editor

>Civilization V encourages the player to not have more than 5 cities for the whole game
>Civilization VI encourages the player to found as much cities as possible do to the districts system.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

TORTANIC 2

SID NUMALE'S KEKILIZATION 6

Nope, it's good. Sorry to disappoint Cred Forums.

Two of them look like fucking trannies you god damn SJW piece of shit.

>That feel when watching totalbiscuit and he sucks ass at playing games.

>only 4 women in the game
>2 of these are trannies
>no one seems to mind this

What the actual fuck? I hate this generation. Where are my fucking waifus?!

But it still looks like a f2p phone game, I wonder how long before the mobile version gets announced, I'd assume they want the dust to settle first.

You now get waifu (male).

My favorite criticism because it's so extremely removed from reality.

Tomyris looks so much prettier now, I like the fact they're actually listening to feedback.

I was originally going to boycott this based on the SJW pandering but I doubt I'll be able to resist. I'll just make a beeline to declare war on Tomyris first thing every game and castrate zir.

I don't see any difference really, she just looks better in motion

Not even realistic weapons of mass destruction?

So could it be that Pedro II its not available because they're updating his model or something?

>he "boycotts" game publishers

If I see a game that I want I will buy it. Moral stances on video game companies is unbelievably pants on head retarded.

My disgust at all the trannies almost overrode my desire to buy it is all I'm saying.

As it should be, you don't know what 4X means if you want otherwise

>Waahhh, they won't include Hitler!

What makes it SJW?

Pretty much every character is an ugly goofy caricature of the actual person their based off of.

Ghandi looks like a fucking gremlin.

Good, civ V's system was lame restricting bullshit
Now not only does more thought go into where you put your city, accounting for districts you need first and then growing into material hex's later, but you're free to grow as much as you want as a civilization

He probably believed that fake pasta about the Mongols

>Gandhi gremlin with Doritos and dew

Could this be the birth of a terrible terrible new meme?

lmao people are complaining about this? I barely see any difference besides the fact the civ 6 characters dont look like clones of each other with different makeup on. I know Cred Forums consists of 12 year old boys but like grow the fuck up.

Which is pretty much true, the only thing they've really cut out from Civ 5 in 6 is the world congress, but that's because the diplomatic victory has been replaced by a religious victory and diplomacy in general has been overhauled. It's a good change seeing as diplomacy with the AI in V was completely fucked and the victory type was more economic than diplomatic.

They got rid of global happiness too. Aside from that, just about everything from V was brought over to VI and expanded upon. Honestly the game is a lot more closer IV than V in terms of depth.

I haven't seen a lot of late game footage but I assume nukes are still in.

>hyped for the game but I know it'll be literally flooded with overpriced DLC and have yet another buggy worthless multiplayer mode
remove 2K REMOVE 2K

Building a settler costs you one population, so you have to constantly weigh growth vs expansion.

Diplomacy and religion weren't remotely similar victory types. So now there's no way to win via being wealthy

Can always wait for DLCs to go on sales, they always go dirt cheap.

I'll buy it as soon as I get confirmation that multiplayer actually works past round 100 (unlike civ 5)

I still cannot look at Civ V for extended periods of time and this looks like playdoh

IV still looks the best

Making a woman look like a man is not a silly caricature. Making half of the women in the game look like men is not some innocent quirk. We all know what it is. And plenty of the guys look like idealized caricatures, not goofy ones.

On the other hand, Victoria is actually incredibly sexy in motion despite looking like a bobblehead so that's good.

As it should be, diplo is the worst and most boring victory type in the game.

Marbozir or Filthy?

top kek

You are literally mentally retarded and this is not something to be proud of.

No ICS, No peace

Know ICS, Know peace

So what's the economic victory then? Removing an entire avenue of strategy and play makes the game worse.

Denuvo has been cracked for a few months now.

>acting like gold has no benefits besides diplo victory

no more sexy leaders

but in return we at least get a better game I hope

graphics aren't that bad neither the game has had different artistic transition

You literally have no argument and that is something you should not be proud of.

You have to actually use your economy to do something. You can't just have it and say LMAO I WIN. How does that make the game worse?

I don't need an argument. You said yourself that you can't tell the difference between the two art styles. That's admitting to being a fucking retard. Don't post again.

I have to admit the early game of Civ VI looks a lot better than the early game of Civ V, which played out the same way every game.

Doesn't look bad at all.

having a good economy is incredibly helpful towards achieving any other victory condition.
More gold means you can buy the structures you need for your victory condition, or focus your production on building them and use gold to buy units for defense. You can also use gold to bribe other civs into going to war, you can trade for strategic resources, etc. It is pretty rare that the highest scoring players in a game are not the ones with the best economy.

Replacing it with an entirely new avenue of strategy and play that has much more depth makes the game infinitely better. I'll take religious warfare and bonuses over hoarding gold just to buy off city states any day. Also gold is still incredibly useful in Civ even without having a dedicated victory type for it.

Wow Strat view is actually usable now

So what's the economic victory, senpai?

Cool, so what's the victory condition to win via economy? "go gbuy a military" or "go buy other thing for other win con" isn't a satisfactory answer.

The issue is if you enjoyed focusing on trade and amassing wealth and winning that way, that avenue is 100% gone.

I'll stick with civ 5. Thanks.

So what's the economic victory condition, senpai?

I'd rather just play civ 5 and have religious victory mod AND the ability to win with money.

How did people ever tolerate square tiles

Just look at that awful boarder.

>economic victory
Just constantly funneling money into city states shouldn't have been a victory type to begin with

My only fairly mild concern with it is it might be too much of a pain in the ass while you're learning. It's already possible to nut yourself in 5 if you bumble around making sub-optimal decisions early game, and since 6 has so much more going on (Namely shooting for eurekas for speed certain techs) I could see it exacerbating the problem.

OH so you can actually make points as opposed to just saying bullshit!
And yes I can see that civ 6 characters look a lot more interesting and animated than the older civ games. I will always post online shithead its the internet.

But he's right though. Perhaps he did the same as you suggested but in the past and gave up on this shithole.

>paradox games

do you still not understand that an AAA title cannot profit from a PC only release anymore, not even AAA titles even games like Vermintide and Xcom 2 are having to make console ports after they say "no, lol" because they need the money

You should at least try them

I'm cool with that. The issue is there is no replacfement victory con for that style of play. Religious spreading is not similar to amassing wealth.

They could have just added a new victory con regarding solely wealth. To take from a civ 5 mod

>20k or more gold amassed
>500+ gpt per turn for 10 turns
>have all available luxury resources

My issue isn't "XD WORLD CONGRESS AWESOME" it's that I literally cannot win with my prefered style of play now. Being rich.

Don't give people any ideas

It seems a lot of luck is involved too. In order to get an early religion for instance you need Astronomy, which you need to find a natural wonder to get a boost for. You could play a religious civ and just get unlucky with finding that wonder.

Everything is SJW to the far right

Economic victory condition is to use your economy to achieve a victory.

For diplomatic, you can buy city state allies to rig the UN votes.

For science, you can take freedom ideology to buy spaceship parts

For conquest, a good economy will support your massive army and also allow you to purchase units at a faster rate than other civs can produce them

For culture, you can use gold to purchase the needed building, and use it to ally out cultural city states for the huge culture boost.

Having a strong economy is still one of the biggest advantages you can have in Civ V, and there are several strategies for winning that revolve entirely around making loads of money.

Because paradox games have a lot less interaction and activity going around.
Because I can not into industrialisation

>sean bean
wtf i love civ 6 now

Everything is far right to the SJW

So you're saying the game is SJW because the women aren't sexy enough?

Cause I wanna rail Catherine de medici, and everytime that Cleopatra webm is posted, someone jizzes in their pants

More than a year technically, but it's only cracked for individual games. Mankind Divided still isn't crakced for instance.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up Denuvo (besides shitposting) when it's unlikely that a mod heavy game like Civ would have it. No games on the Steam Workshop uses Denuvo.

City states will be pretty decent in VI they each give a special bonus if yo are bros with them

No moderate person would call this game SJW

He'll be a fine narrator but I doubt he'll be better than Leonard Nimoy or Morgan Sheppard.

Hell of a lot better than the mush-mouthed poo in loo though.

>it doesn't look like one of my hentai games

yogscast Civ channel.Because I'll never have enough friends to play a game with myself and I don't want to waste time with the tryhards who ragequit if they get a mediocre start

>yogscast
Please don't give bigger scammers than Sean murray any views.

>you have discovered scamming
>a fool and his money are easily parted
I used to be like you, now I don't give a shit. Dumbasses will throw their money away, there's no ethics police trolling the internet

Not everyone is a cynical sociopath such as you, user.

>people are nothing more than a game to me

>The issue is there is no replacement victory con for that style of play
There doesn't need to be, because that "style of play" was extremely dull and horribly imbalanced in V compared to the new religious victory type. Being rich still allows you to buy tiles/buldings/units which gives you a huge boost to any of the victory types in the new game. Hell Tithe bonus is still there, and with city development heavy relying on districts gold is still extremely important.

Amassing wealth in Civ V basically amounted to abusing the dumbfuck AI in trade deals. If you still want the >buy city states >win game style of play then wait for it to be modded into Civ IV or go back to playing V with a religion victory mod.

There's an entire civ that gives you a guaranteed religion if you're worried about getting unlucky.

You care about graphics.

And you have a seemingly uninformed opinion about them.

You're on a board that thinks civ VI is a dumbed down f2p mobile version of the last game. I'm sure they'll be fine.

How is that bad?

new arabia feels worse in all respects to the old maya though

they'd get free prophet + every other great person, free early science in their building

maybe there's some quirk that'll redeem saladin

>I care about people I don't know and will defend their shitty choices
Don't place your city too far out in Civ 6 user, I'll be coming for it

It doesn't?

Nah.

My fucking dick.

I was impressed by the execution on this. They could have fucked an idea like that up.

Jadwiga wasn't in the list that got leaked during the stream.

>keeps using the word garbo

What's even your problem?

are the DX12 ready Radeons outperforming the DX11 GeForce yet?

yes she was

>wanting detailed textures just for the sake of it.

Nigga that's what design is all about. Doing away with details that hinder clarity.

Neither was Monty, but we know he's coming

Poland is likely DLC afterward release