So who else played the demo? I wasn't really interested at first, but it won me over by the end...

So who else played the demo? I wasn't really interested at first, but it won me over by the end. Definitely looking forward to building myself a cozy RPG town this fall.

It was the same for me, totally no expectations and that demo just won me over, when I couldn't progress anymore I wished I could so much, nowdays it's hard for a game to grab me that hard.

>when I couldn't progress anymore I wished I could so much
Fuck, I know! When I went through that portal and the demo told me it was over, it was like someone stabbed me through the heart. I stayed playing for another hour or so just tidying up my town.

I never played Minecraft, and there's obviously a connection here, but how much? Minecraft has no actual goal or narrative, right? My friends all see me as a creative and obsessive person, so they thought I'd love minecraft, but for some reason it never clicked with me. This, on the other hand, is creativity with a goal, and I can see myself playing for hours on end building my little village.

You make your own goals in minecraft. Play with a significant mod pack that adds actual content to the game, like Resonant RIse. Or even a mod that adds a quest book if you absolutely need structure. But you should definitely play it, there is a reason it is one of the most popular games in the world.

Cred Forums hating on Minecraft is a huge meme

Cred Forums used to love Minecraft and it really is one of the definitive games of this generation. It's video gaming in its most distilled form, you basically just choose to do whatever the fuck you want as long as you like building shit.

Its pretty fun by itself but I do suggest downloading a couple of mods.

did you beat the green dragon?

Eh. I'm at the point in my life where I'm not hurting for games to spend my miniscule free time on. Whenever someone says I "should" play something, I'm never particularly moved. Besides, it seems that most games only hold my attention if I want to play them for myself.

...there's a green dragon? I suppose I'm going hunting tonight.

I loved it. I was always interested in it since it looked nice, but the demo has completely sold me. The portal shit pissed me off because I was so excited to get the hammer so I can cut down trees and mine stone. Right before the skeletons came, I just beefed up my walls, and made a fortress. Defending the town could be fun, but combat is a little lacking.I love the cloudy skies, and the art style the most. Although I'm still playing God Eater 2, I might put it down for this.

prepare your anus though if you plan to take him head-on.
although i found a very simple way of beating him risk-free.

I really hope this isn't the game they plan on releasing. I don't mind the limited build range that much, but the controls don't work for a game like this. They need to clean up the UI, make transparent roofs/multi-floor houses a thing, give the ability to zoom, and offer some level of customizable controls. Combat is also kinda shit, but maybe they'll offer a wider variety of weapons and play styles later.

Not OP but yes. What a massive chore.
>two moves but a gorillion health

>What a massive chore.
well you can beat him in under 10 minutes.
just dig 2 blocks down, mine your way under him, press L1 to look up and slash away

Fine don't play a game you would almost certainly enjoy. At this point you won't allow yourself to like it even if you tried.

Anyone else think this game looks like ass in terms of visuals? The demo was really fun but those graphics tho.

Things i loved
>Gathering
>How to do materials
>Blue prints
>NPCs
>Atmosphere
>Content
>Objectives

What i dont like
>Tutorials
>Combat
>Not being able to throw stuff you dont need
>Not being able to zoom in/out
>Not being able to put lots of stuff easily unless youre aiming low/high

Other than that, I'm sold and willing to pay 40 bucks for this.
Wish there was a physical release.

I have plenty of other games in my life that I will almost certainly enjoy. There is no shortage of games for me to play, user, and I do not have the time to play them all, so I'm going to play the ones I'm interested in over the ones that people on the internet say I have to play. Maybe if I live to retirement age, I can have the nurse get me a laptop from the antique store so I can play Minecraft during my dialysis sessions.

I thought they were fine. Cute and simple, fits within the Dragon Quest aesthetic.

>try to build bridge to next island
>mysterious force blocking
well it was worth a try

It's minecraft with a decent rpg element put on top

I'm kind of as done with minecraft as you can be, but at the same time is sort of scratches an itch with the simple rpg element. Sort of feels like zelda, in fact if it was just a randomly generated zelda map that would be amazing

Also, as someone who has felt mostly meh about the DQ games I've played will the new one o 3DS change my mind?

>Not being able to throw stuff you dont need
but you can.
X > items > the item you want gone > discard

Probably not but definitely keep an eye our for 11

Well yeah but you have to go into items even for equipment and such.
Dunno, i didn't felt natural.

>I'm kind of as done with minecraft as you can be, but at the same time is sort of scratches an itch with the simple rpg element. Sort of feels like zelda, in fact if it was just a randomly generated zelda map that would be amazing
it's more like terraria in 3d. Village mechanic, crafting mechanic, etc.

So your demo progress doesn't carry over to the full game, right?

>didn't felt natural
A lot of the games controls didn't feel natural to me. I found myself constantly pressing the wrong buttons. It doesn't help that I'm always fighting my natural Nintendo instinct to press the rightmost button of accept and the lowest for cancel, instead of the way that PS and Xbox seems to do it.

Who said? Don't most demos do this nowadays?

That would suck, but honestly I didn't accomplish too much in the grand scheme of things.

Yep.

I got hooked on the demo. I ordered the jpn vita version since it was the only way to get it physical. I can't wait for the full english release though.

Agreed. It feels like most of the development was allocated towards getting the feel right, while neglecting the core game mechanics. You could stack stuff in a row by just jumping on the extra block and moving forward, but that's just a workaround of the problem of not being able to strafe without aiming.

Also
>can't even put torches on the wall
did these niggers even play Minecraft?

played minecraft for like 20 hours, fucking around with friends online but damn that game really lacks some goal or progression system.

it felt fucking cool exploring huge caves or walking around on some well made costum map but then what?

the survival aspect is a joke and spending hundred of hours to build your perfect city just so you can walk around in it feels pointless when I could just as well boot up Maya/3dsmax and model something with a lot more freedom.

the full game has a light source to put on the walll, though.

genuinely forgot i was playing a demo until it said it was over.

i was interested in this game for ages but forgot about it until EGX, where i played it for 10 minutes or so.

probably going to get it on release.

I went in expecting another Minecraft clone cash in.

Boy was I wrong. It's been a while since a demo has hooked me onto a game. I like how it has actual quests and objectives rather than "just do whatever you want lol"

Gonna pre order next paycheck for ps4

I thought there was a physical release in America, is there not?

>was
will be.
11th October it releases in america
14th in europe

Physical only for PS4, not Vita.

That's what I meant, thanks user

>I like how it has actual quests and objectives rather than "just do whatever you want lol"
This is the big seller. Going full sandbox is always interesting, but sometimes a little structure goes a long way.

This generation blows though

Cred Forums loved it while it was in development and then notch stopped giving a fuck broke it some more and threw in an end game boss to say " yeah its done"

tfw reached max base level and defeated the green dragon.
not much i can do now, damn.

Ohh... i saved and left just before entering the portal. thought i'd save what'd be ahead for later.
It was fun anyways, I'll buy it for sure!

how the fuck do i pause the game?

options or X