Get into spreedrunning because the yearly twitch tv fundraiser makes it look like a pretty fun hobby to have for games...

>get into spreedrunning because the yearly twitch tv fundraiser makes it look like a pretty fun hobby to have for games you enjoy
>do my thing and post my first video on a speedrunning forum just to see how it works
>instantly get bombarded by autists that talk about how nothing I've done was original and how [otherspeedrunner2034] has done something like that in [linked video] 2 years ago and how I should basically stop posting and never come back again

I thought Cred Forums was supposed to be the shittiest community on the internet. This wasn't even an isolated incident. I've been checking out several forums on the subject and the speedrunning community is the most autistic, elitist, self-centered and inflated community on the internet. Like how the fuck is that shit even possible? How can there be a videogame community shittier than Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/978508/b339af429b/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>watched AutismGoneDownQuick
>didnt get it

I'm a speedrun streamer and I can confirm
Chock full of trannies too

No they just probably saw your animu profile picture and told you politely to gtfo

>the most autistic form of video game playing
>expecting a non-autist community

>publish paper to scientific community
>rejected because it contained no original ideas

Gee, it's like there is quality control or something

I just want to stream Megaman Zero Collection on Twitch without being pressured to speedrun it and get every collectble in it. (Not possible to do by the way UNLESS you are mad skill at it)

more like

>be med student
>do some research on a certain drug to learn the process of drug testing
>publish findings and present them to the prof to see if the method of drug testing makes sense
>"lol faglord Dr. 420blazeurmum already did that 5 million years okay go kill you are selfe"

S-sauce please?

>not lurking before posting garbage
This rule applies to every place on the internet, not just here

This is worse than a food analogy

with that logic speed running events shouldn't exist because some guy somewhere already did an optimized version of the garbage run you are presenting in front of thousands of people.

exhentai.org/g/978508/b339af429b/
On Twitch I go by Luckwehsleven
Tried speedrunning for Freedom Planet only got Pic related on Hard Mode

Not defending autism but if you didn't change a route or anything then it's not really that exciting to other people.
You gotta find a new exploit or some shit for anyone to suck your dick

This, all speed running events should only be to showcase recorded runs that broke the previous world records, with professional casters commenting over it

Anything else is a useless waste of time.

lurk more, newfig

I wasn't even aware that that route was done before. Just happened to be similar to something on a game that is a little older. Like what do you expect, that in order to attempt to speedrun the game you autistically go through the archives of youtube or any other site just to make sure that nothing you've done has ever been done before?

Well yeah, if you want to be the best you gotta find out what the wr route is and either try to improve it or grind it for a better time

but in reality no you don't have to do that because play the game how you like to do it

Nothing in that sequence of events is actually wrong. Dr. 420blazeurmum DID do it 5 million years ago and you should kill you are self for feigning to take an interest in something without doing bare minimum research (it's literally the first step to search what you are thinking of doing to see if it's as original as you think it is).

Cred Forums is far from the shittiest community.

We just have a lot of shitposters is all.

There is a world of difference between a live event and showing off your time you spent dozens of runs to achieve that still ended up being shit.

are you retarded? How are new physicians supposed to learn how to properly research a drug without doing it on something on which it has already been done before?

You shouldn't call someone retarded when you're arguing over a flawed analogy.

your face is flawed logic you fucking moron

New physicians don't then publish their findings as if they've accomplished something.

if you're going to speed run, you're supposed to research the fastest strats, that's sort of the point.

they present it in the same way as a published work so they can learn how to actually publish their work. That's how any fucking job works. It's not like the guy posted his video to be submitted to speedarchivedemos, it was just a speedrunning forum to get some advice on the run.

not true, speedrunning also involves challenge runs like "no gear" or that autistic half-press parallel universe dude. You just have to find the niche that you like.

that still involves researching the fastest strats

By reading the already established literature, as highlighted before. The analogy already precludes the possibility of doing something new or innovative. Besides that, a physician of 2 years is probabilistically unlikely to outperform an actual researcher unless said physician is in fact a prodigy. Else, what business does he truly have playing alchemist in his basement in the hours he spend away from his nearest General Practitioners clinic.

Fuck off loser

You want advice on the run? Go look up the world record video on YouTube and break it down to see if you can do any one part of it better or more efficiently. You don't just assume some jerry-rigged tactic from scratch and shit out your "speed clearing" cherry-pop video to get feedback. You're wasting everybody's time.

>run route I saw on youtube
>find a way to do the route I saw much more efficiently
>post optimized route in speedrunning forum
>dozens of posts going "OH WOW WHY DIDN'T YOU CREDIT ORIGINALAUTIST27? YOU STOLE THAT ROUTE"

I didn't even fucking know what was going on. I was so new to the speedrunning community that I legitimately had no ill will in optimizing someone else's route. I didn't even know you could "claim" a route if you found it. They behaved like I just killed someone's newborn child.

What game did you run?

The speedrun scenes between games vary a lot.

It was a sub-category of a game where you were restricted by certain items. I wanted to know if I broke the rules during my run and then had to listen to a bunch of autists mouthing off about how the "run wasn't original".

Crediting meta-accepted tactics is literally retarded and timewasting. Those people are the autist's autist.

Spiderman 1 on PS1

>the guy

You're not fooling anyone, OP. It's okay to admit that you forgot to ask them for advice and instead presented it as a finished run.

Zero tolerance policy in plagiarizing, basically. Should have spent time looking up if your route has been posted, because it's very hard to claim ignorance once you're called out on copying somebody's strategy.

Well, shit. I don't know anything about that scene. But it sounds like a bar of shit, sorry you had to deal with some turboautists

People get butthurt that the way speedruns work, any tom, dick, or harry can waltz in, try for a couple weeks, then be throned THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD with not that much effort, so to sate the spergs who route, you gotta throw them a bone. Their rule not mine. Depends on the game though, some are more sperg than others

But that actually happens all the time. People publish slight variations on projects, or if they're Chinese, steal data and call it their own work but name it something differently. Nobody takes Chinese papers from certain groups seriously as a result, but they still get published in highest profile journals like nature and science for some reason.

no what I mean is I don't conceptually get the problem with copying someone's run and optimizing it. Like in other games for example like shooters if a guy figures out a cool spot to camp I don't call it "that guy's name"-camping spot. And if I utilize it while streaming the game I'm not going to give shout-outs to the guy who found it. I just assume that that's the typical way it goes. Someone finds something out, someone else improves on it and so on and so forth. Eventually you'll have the most optimized strategy on which dozens of people worked. It would be retarded to credit every single person that ever worked on it. I get it for stuff like the Pokemon programming glitch where you basically force the game to execute specific code. That stuff is pretty unique. But some guy running the level with the fastest route, then you taking that route and improving it to make it even faster, being upset about plagiarizing seems kind of petty in my opinion. We are talking about playing a videogame really fast here, not inventing the cure for a previously incurable disease.

>plagiarizing
kek

If something is the "best route", and it's tacitly understood someone is the progenitor of that route, what does crediting it even matter? We all already know. It just eventually boils down to "I will do your route faster than you" which is still a show of outfuckingskilled

yeah, like the guy that improved the route actually made it what it's supposed to be. And the guy that improved on that does the same as well. And this goes on forever until we concluded that the route can not be optimized anymore and we either need an alternative route or found the best possible way to play the game.

The speedrunning community is awfully autistic about "crediting". It's very off-putting for people who try to get into speedrunning, post their stuff for the first time and instantly get screamed at for not crediting every single little bullshit some autist found out at some point in the year's lifespan.

I don't speedrun nor do I care about their communities but I am a socially retarded failure. All I'm saying is that they see it as you copying their strategy, right or wrong.

Thing is speedrunn8ng takes a lot of time and energy to, memorizing and rehersing all that shit. But the payoff is ultra poor, so they hype the shit out of what they do because otherwies it would be a waste. The real problem is when these guys only ever speedrun games, and never play them normally. Because then its about recodnition reather than fun. Like i would only ever speedrun a game i enjoy and have beaten thoroughly many times.

Like i found it really stupid that the guy running halo 2 a couple years ago on agdq knew absolutly nothing about the game itself, and litterally just watched some speedruns and thats all he knew about the game and even the whole series even. It was booring as shit.

Yet the jak and daxter cah key quest insanity run was fucking awsome, easily the best ive seen in years.

yeah I get it, you are explaining it. What I'm saying is that the question I'm posing to anyone in this thread, why would it bother anyone if their strategy is copied? Like what the fuck do they gain by it to be anal about it? It's been this way since the dawn of mankind. Someone invents something and someone else figures out a way to make it work better. I would only understand this autistic behavior if you could actually earn money by inventing routes. Like put a patent on it or some shit which is obviously retarded but at least I'd understand it conceptually since they could potentially lose out on money. But here they lose out on absolutely nothing. They only come across as controlling douchebags who think playing a videogame really fast needs a mention in every article ever written about this game that even remotely referred to that route.

Autism, this is all these speedrunners have, and the small community means that somewhare along the line one fucker highjacked things and startd enforcing this paranoid attitude on everyone. And the community was too small to fight it. So everyone who diddnt like it left. It how this toxic shit always starts, some fucker just wont budge and is in a position to enforce his veiws.

nobody cares about speedrunning videos anymore. its all about streaming it and interacting with the runner live. stream your attempts instead of posting recorded videos.

That's what I did a while ago. Played a mission based game with timer and I enjoyed it so much that I thought I could try to tackle the leaderboards. So that naturally got me into speedrunning. As soon as I discussed it on forums I noticed that that's not the community I want to associate with. I enjoy high-scores and pushing the game to its limits, I do not enjoy a bunch of autists pretending to be the king of the world because they made high-scoring games to their personal mission. That's as if you go to the arcade as a kid every weekend and slowly creep closer to the high-score and some fat autist keeps screaming at you from the sideline every time you do something that remotely resembles what someone else did at the arcade.

I want the thrill of high-score competition as a hobby, I don't want to treat it like some autistic quest to embellish myself with the recognition of who invented which strategy. There is only one person that counts to me and that's the guy who reached the high-score. That person can brag however much they want. Everyone else who "invented strats" can shut the fuck up. Learn how to play the fucking game you self-righteous prick, no fucking use to invent all these strats if you are too fucking occupied to go on a copyright crusade on the internet on anyone that ever used them.