Well, it's over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JAnvjSNp8q4
youtube.com/watch?v=WsbPT5PfMCA
youtube.com/watch?v=O3wj6AGIKrc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was over years ago, who cares?

>It's

Also, good riddance. T:A that I loved was already dead and it was literally all Hi Rez's fault. Fuck them and fuck the shell of the game that they kept going with.

>ywn see a good tribes game released in your life time

>It's
wut

who cares, Smite is Hi-Rez's only good game

Tribes was never good, Global Agenda was never good, Paladins is better than Overwatch

What game do I play to scratch my gottagofast shooter itch now?

Tribes was good, smite is shit, paladins is an imbalanced version of overwatch with shit colors

I stopped playing in 2013 sometime, what did they do to it?

Google midair game, or midair kick starter
You're welcome.

I do hope they relinquish the Tribes license to someone competent

Does this patch remove all the skinnerbox content locking progression shit?

It was over when they stopped us from going fast.

I'm pretty sure that the patch that came out in December did that.

Dumb frogposter.

>it is over
Are you fucking stupid?

>game about fast
>stop people from fast
logic.

It was still being updated?

Good, they decided to focus on Smite like retards.

They willingly changed their focus to the store brand version of Dotalikes/MOBAs which is the worst genre as it stands.

Hope their entire studio goes down next.

> like retards
But they made money on Smite and now Paladins. Tribes was a money pit because the autistic fanbase isn't large enough to actually fund a game.

>But they made money on Smite and now Paladins.
In what reality are either of those games remotely popular or profitable?

But Tribes was profitable up until they shat the bed and made most of the playerbase quit.

Paladins is observably worse than Overwatch in quite literally every single way. It only appeals to le contrarian Redditors who hate Overwatch because of the Blizzard boogeyman.

[vgs] to pay respects

well they aren't killing it yet this is just the final patch

vgta

>Smite
>good

They managed to be a dumbed down copy of a dumbed down copy. I don't mind killing some time with my SO in some casual matches, but the game is the most boring of the genre and the most obvious about just being there for lolsofunny or ohhhimedgy skins

Expect it to die like Tribes if this paladin shit takes off. Hi-Rez is a mistake

You can thank Paladrones for this. But they'll be abandoned too in less than a year's time.

Overwatch doesn't have anyone near as fun as bomb king or Evie, and its all balanced around bullshit free kill ults.

Who the fuck still plays this shit.

It was amazing back in the 3DFX Glide days because it pushed tech and no one had ever seen areas that huge except in Unreal, and it was at the beginning of the online era when you were lucky if you had even an ISDN connection, but playing that shit in 2016....the fuck ?

>uses something entirely subjective like "fun"
Nope
>balanced around bullshit free ulti kills
t. shitter who has no valid opinion on game balance because he's so bad

And Paladins isn't balanced at all (^:

Plus it looks like absolute garbage and the gameplay isn't nearly as polished.

But this is fun user. I'm sorry you can't have that and have to shit on a game instead

Siege mode is actually pretty well balanced. Every champ is viable and none are clearly better than the rest.

Everyone can now leave the thread, blizzdrones have arrived.

Be sure to screencap this thread in order to get your free WoW month reward and your free HS card packs for defending Blizzard's honor on Cred Forums.

Fucking hell the gameplay looks as clunky, floaty, and garbage as Final Combat

Not to mention god awful visuals

Are you this delusional?

>tries to make an objective argument by using his subjective experience
Lol

>you can't say good things about Overwatch or you're a Blizzdrone
Typical ad hom from an underage poster.

This was never as good as the original Tribes games, I feel no sadness for it passing away.

> they don't enjoy going fast

Ugly as sin. Looks like Overwatch and Battleborn tried to have an abortion but it lived on in agony.

>fun isn't a valid argument in favor of a product intented as entertainment

You call that fast gameplay? Casual shitter.

>my idea of fun is objective and everyone has to have fun in the same way as I do!

In this reality. At least Smite actually allowed hirez to grow a lot, while Tribes supposedly didn't really make them any money overall.

>New meta is all about Ana ulting reinhardt
>shitter who has no valid opinion on game balance because he's so bad
Wew lad its like you have no valid opinion on game balance

Greeting!

Two Whisper of the Old Gods card packs have been deposited into your account *TracerBronyPony2001*!

Thank you for your loyal service!

Ana is an awful competitive pick, partly due to most Anas being utter trash.

I'm not the guy you were talking to, just pointing out that ruling the entire point moot just because it isn't a technical one doesn't exactly make it false.

It's amazing that they managed to drive off every person that was interested in this game.

Far faster than anything to come out in recent times with more mobility than you can get even in UT

She's nearly a 100% pick now, try turning on the gigantic tournament stream that's been going on the past week.

>Far faster than anything to come out in recent times with more mobility than you can get even in UT

This is pure delusion

Paladrones still can't name five good things about the game relating to actual gameplay and without mentioning Overwatch.

>the game forces you to play against bots for the first five levels if you try to play online without telling you
>certain classes locked behind a grind or pay wall (saying it's "cheap" doesn't excuse the existence of this by the way)
>stat boosts are so minor they're irrelevant and the card system is unoriginal
>shitty netcode
>awful hitboxes
>horses are the most floaty, clunky, and buggy shit imaginable
>only two gamemodes, both of which are the same shit seen in every other game
>empty level design
>ugly visuals
>clunky, unpolished gameplay
>Overly busy HUD
>numbers are pointlessly engorged, 2000 hp is really just 200 because of weapon damage, etc
>uninspired, brings nothing new or interesting to the table
>can't have two of the same class on a team even in the casual mode, limiting strategy and the ability to change up the game by picking counterpicks or switching up the team composition
>complete and utter lack of balance in anything

i played tribes ascend in the release and it was good for few months (?) till they added those stupid premium guns that were fucking OP as hell

some plasma cannon with HUGE hitbox and dmg, some smg too with hitscan and huge dmg

Yes. It does. "I have fun with this game" doesn't mean "this game is fun" because it's an entirely subjective statement you fucking idiot.

Nice post, upvoted!

Same way "I think this game is shit" doesn't mean "this game is shit" because it's entirely subjective as well, fucko.

I don't even play either game but you just sound like a bitter retard who gets mad over viceogames.

>tribes was bad
>smite is good

mobafags seriously need to fucking die off soon

Show me something faster and with more mobility than that evie gameplay then instead of memeposting

youtube.com/watch?v=JAnvjSNp8q4

NEVER FORGET

>push last update
>TRIBES IS OVER GOOD BYE TRIBES ITS DONE GOOD BYE

this new generation of gaymers is bad

>complains about bullshit free kill ults
>when Skye exists

>Developers themselves say they're done with the game
>gaymer's fault
???

Her ult is easy to avoid. Its a zoning tool, plus it eats up her whole power budget and when she isn't ulting she's kind of lackluster.

Do you mean strictly shooters because if not there's plenty of other faster games

"Fun" is subjective to every player. But there's actual, tangible factors within a video game that allows the game to be judged. I can't say "Paladins is objectively worse" because that's an opinion. I can however point out that the gameplay and graphics are both inferior to Overwatch in a very tangible way.

Strictly first person shooters yes. I don't give a fuck if you can find a faster racing game or some shit.

Not that user, but youtube.com/watch?v=WsbPT5PfMCA

I mean nothing is fast in Paladins once you stop teleporting or flying as Evie so it really isn't hard. Just because one class is fast doesn't change the others being slow and clunky.

Games that are still alive but didn't come out recently include TF2, still the fastest class-based shooter around.

Recent games I'd say DOOM

As someone on the outside looking in can somebody give me the tl;dr of how they managed to fuck up Tribes?
I remember it being the talk of Cred Forums for some time and then nothing. Got me interested in how they blew it.

>those hitboxes

New DOOM isn't fast at all

>brown space elf in latex

M-my fetish

If you wanna go FAST you play Warframe

It's as fast as Paladins if not faster.

>people only like the game because of C tier waifus and ignore the problems

Kill yourself

warframe hasn't been fast since parkour 2.0 and the melee revamp

Those are understandable points, but the argument of a game achieving its intended purpose of being entertaining can't be simply ignored, since it's the main thing all games (should) strive for.

Take DOOM for example. It's undoubtedly technically and graphically inferior to modern games, with lack of functions like jumping, faux-3D environments, and other limitations, but the game is still highly regarded even today, more than Overwatch, even. There's only one non-technical factor I can think of that gives it the good reputation it has.

Stop posting hate symbols pls

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find QT brown space elves in media?
Do you have any idea of the kind of rotten tripe I've had to consume?

Vanilla shitters get out.

Normal walking speed isn't suffiently fast imo but it is faster than most modern games.

>QT brown space elves in media?
There are brown elves everywhere you fucking faggot

>Vanilla shitters
>implying elves and brown elves aren't vanilla normie tastes

Space elves, nigga, fantasy just isn't the same

>game achieving its intended purpose of being entertaining
So because one user on Cred Forums said the game is fun, it achieved its intended purpose? That's what you're not getting. What's fun for user might not be fun for others. Maybe other people think this game is absolute shit. You can't make an objective statement based on a single user's anecdotal evidence. I personally haven't played Paladins because I've watched gameplay and it just looks like a dumbed-down free version of Overwatch. That's just my opinion but there you go.

There's no difference especially when half of the space elves still wear fantasy clothing

It being space also doesn't change it from being vanilla shit

>faster than most modern games.
I really don't care about this asinine argument these retards ITT have gotten into, but I must point out that this sentance means absolutely nothing and is akin to saying "This drink tastes better than sewer sludge".

all these maps.. and gun I don't know, people were playing the dec 2015 update?

That explains why people have been viraling tribes the last few weeks.
Good, fuck you hi-rez just release the source code and assets and let the community fix it, you already fucked up irreparably.

>latex

that's a big imagination you have, user

nvm that's what that 'midair' mentioned earlier, still looks interesting

Are you retarded?
Autistic?
A child?
Hussein Bolt?
What the hell is considered fast to you?

So says an incorrigible pleb.

>had a huge fanbase
>was growing constantly
>already talks of e-sports
>all they needed to do was add private servers and more maps
>removed maps
>pay2win
>less balanced with every patch
>all the maps they added fucking sucked
That patch was the wrath of the lichking for that game, community stagnated and by the time they released raindance to appeal to old-fags despite the fact it made no sense with TA's mechanics the community started filtering out, then the pay2win bullshit and it was over.
Worst part is I had just spent $20 before that patch because the way it was going right before that patch made it seem like this game would be the future of gaming.

The only hope for a decent Tribes game ever again are these shitty looking clones
youtube.com/watch?v=O3wj6AGIKrc

>likes elf shit
>thinks he is in a position to call others pleb

Enjoy your garbage

>What's fun for user might not be fun for others.
Yes I get that. what I'm saying is, if a game, no matter how shitty for some people, managed to at least make one person have fun, it did achieve its goal. Even if the majority of people didn't like it, there's always a few who did. Whether or not it was a good decision to develop said game is a different story.

Judging a game solely by its technical qualities, how better it looks in comparison to other games, or how well it functions, is kind of limiting. Honestly I don't give a fuck about these moba shooters, but apparently people are having fun with them, ain't that what games are supposed to offer?

that and claiming all the op weapons were just a sidegrade. shit was frustrating as hell to play against

Would you rather have a drink or sewer sludge?

>Reactor room
Dead on arrival

theres this thread about humans and space elves in the /tg/ archive.
bascially its about how space elves are creepy as fuck because all they want to do is please humans in every way possible. its was like dearS the thread.
i cant seem to find it anymore.
it was full of great writefaggotry and discussions.

Stupid dumb frogposting scum.

It was over years ago. When hi rez abandoned us for smite. Fuck them and I will never play one of their games again

RIP