They managed to beat SM64 with only 1 key

They managed to beat SM64 with only 1 key.

youtube.com/watch?v=j5j6l9ULxmI

Non-TAS when?

Other urls found in this thread:

dinotopia.wikia.com/wiki/Myops
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty sure it's not possible non-TAS because the game would crash trying to open the door underwater. Do you even parallel universes?

What happened at 1:19? OoB'd and the game kicked him out quicker than falling to his death, while maintaining the built up velocity to return to the castle?

>under five minutes

Are we going to reach a point where Mario 64 is beatable in less than a single minute?

i don't think you even parallel universes

Maybe through some miraculous TAS that injects code like for SMW.

I don't understand what SM64 has that triggers so much autism. I've never seen another game being exploited to oblivion like SM64

Or just overload the inputs like the 1 second SMB3 TAS.

Because compared to other games it's very easy to exploit it. It was the very beginning of 3D graphics so there's tons of holes in it.

pannenkoek could do it with only half a key.

>yfw pannenkoek uses this to skip bowser in the fire sea entirely

He can't. There are clearly A presses in that video

Watch the video, retard.

What's worse, Bowser in the Fire Sea, or Tick Tock Clock?

Fire Sea 'cuz it's mandatory.

Hey, look. Mario's walking underwater.

Who does he think he is?

Meeeeeeeeetal Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesusssss...?

>hey that's pr-
>TAS

I still don't get why this is a thing. It's essentially just cheating. It's fucking retarded.

Depends if its any% or 100%

It's the case of raw execution skill vs. Expertise in knowledge and breaking apart of a game with perfect inputs.

Two different crowds to appeal to.

To showcase how fast a perfect human could beat the game. It basically shows what the game truly lets you do with its gameplay and coding

under
rated

>The TAS is cheating joke
Here's your (you)

>2:20
can anyone possibly stop a Mario that's built up speed?

Besides what your first (you) says, there's also the fact that its a pretty huge and significant title. So more people played it, more people on average are going to want to watch speedruns for this game and more people are going to want to speedrun / play this game in interesting ways.

Ocarina of Time also has this, and even one of the biggest normies I know says he's watched a few speedruns of it and tried speedrunning it (with glitches / exploits) at some point.

the video shows you still have to do bowser in the fire sea

Is fire sea truly this difficult to defeat?

How do these TAS things even work? are they just programmed commands into the game or is there some sort of actual input by the user?

A lot of live speedrun tricks are found by TASsers first just from fucking around with the game so much to discover there was even a glitch in the first place.

>Dinotopia makes a big deal in the second book about a key only being half a key

Somebody photoshop gotot yoshi into a scan of that page.

Now.

They're a slowly and carefully crafted sequence of inputs, fed into the emulator like a normal controller would.

It's required to get the key from Bowser in the Fire Sea before you can load the area behind the door in the foyer. Even if Mario manages to clip through the door it won't trigger the loading sequence. Bowser in the Fire Sea will remain a bottleneck unless someone finds a way to manipulate the save data without actually hacking.

I know this is bait, but TAS is an essential tool in figuring out frame perfect glitches and how to manipulate the game which can then be used and attempted by people in real time. TAS has unlocked valuable information that otherwise might have never been discovered about countless aspects of a game.

Programmed commands. There's certain skill, of course, in programming the commands, but it's not "RAW SKILL" like standard speedrunning. More knowledge and cleverness than route memorization.

>that filter setting

Had to quit at 29 seconds..

I want to time travel back to 1996 and release this video as a video review complaining how the game is too short.

Yeah but how many A presses faggot also which dimension were you in

dinotopia.wikia.com/wiki/Myops

>Myops corrected Arthur's analysis of the key he had brought: it was not made of bronze, but orichalc, and it was not a whole key, but half a key. Myops asserted that the other half of the key was lost and would never be found.

Can someone make a webm of 2:17-2:25 or so

That shit was hilarious.

this, please

>The fucking skate around the ring

snore call me when they beat it with 0 a presses

>outplayed_in_half_a_A_press.webm