Cred Forums how many hours have you wasted on videogames? I'm probably at 10...

Cred Forums how many hours have you wasted on videogames? I'm probably at 10,000+ counting time I spent on consoles when I was a little kid.

It's sad to think about because I could have spent all that time doing something that will actually help me.

plz fuck off dude, go cry in the corner by yourself

That's a boy right? Any nudes?

t. neckbeard that is angry at the world

Well it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at something, so you should become a professional videogame player

Around fifteen or so.

15 hours total?

They might be angry at the world, but at least they aren't a pussy bitch nigger who thinks 10k hours is impressive. I've got more hours than you in like 10 games put together than all the video games you ever played.
TL:DR YOU ARE SMALL TIME

>but at least they aren't a pussy bitch nigger who thinks 10k hours is impressive

I was just guesstimating, it's probably higher than that.

damn son

>how many hours have you wasted on video games?
do you remember how many breads you've eaten in your life?

I easily spent 10000+ hours playing vidya in my youth and NEVER ONCE did i regret anything. I enjoyed every minute of it, and vidya helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and connected me with some of my closest friends. I'm grateful for it vids.

At a rough guess I'm going to say a minimum of 40,000 hours, I'm in my 30s, I've been playing vidya since I was around 5 years old, vidya has been my primary hobby my whole life, I put at least a few hours in every day, some periods of my life I've done nothing but play vidya from waking to sleeping.

Hobbies are supposed to be a waste of time...

My entire life

That rule of thumb only applies if you spend 10k hours on a single activity. In the case of vidya, I would say that means spending 10k hours on a specific game, or game series, or subgenre.

Put another way, you could spend 10k hours, or even a billion hours, playing CRPGs, and still not be an expert at fighting games.

>I could have spent all that time doing something that will actually help me
Help you do what?

Being happy and having fun help you tons. Unless you don't enjoy playing video games.

Videogames are my only friends.

>No way to check total WoW time
>Been playing since I was like 5
>Dropped out of school at 16 to play more WoW
>Probably like 9 months playtime across all characters before I quit
>Still playing and not doing shit with my life

I'd probably regret it if I didn't see how drained and miserable my normie friends are compared to when we were kids.

I just wanna have fun.

Forgot to move that first line down lower, you fags get the idea though.

Do what you want.
Who cares if people don't like your hobby?

I've spent 1000+ hours on New Vegas alone.

>5 in 2004 at the earliest
>user is 17 or younger
GTFO

Doing something that can actually help you? Help you what, have a good time? That's what vidya's for fuckass.

>Dropped out of school at 16 to play more WoW
I did the same

How old are you now?

I never did get a Time Lost Proto Drake even though I spent hours and hours and hours camping it

it's your hobby breh, hours upon hours go into it solely for entertainment. i play vidya, and draw, shit i could get paid to draw but it's a hobby and the art scene is full of ass holes so i keep it a hobby. if you're getting no fulfillment out of your hobby, try something else adventurous. learn how to hike or survive innabrush or innawoods. the possibilities are almost endless.

you'd be a completely different person if you dedicated your vidya time to something else. the only valid reason to regret it is if you hate yourself, which I'm sure is the case with a lot of you

this is why I'm not letting my kids play MMOs until they're teenagers, they're too fucking addicting.

How many pots have you smoken?

>the only valid reason to regret it is if you hate yourself, which I'm sure is the case with a lot of you

Or because, you know, it's a complete waste of time.

>invests 10,000+ hours in video games
>still can't spell it

>10,000
i'm at 10,000 in JUST maplestory, at least 7,000 more in WoW, 6,500 in CS:GO, 8,000 in UO/private shards, at least 5000 in ragnarok online, a couple thousand in tf2, though a huge amount of that is idling, then the grand jewel, over 25,000 hours, logged, of single player games.

I've lived a very full life.

Just counting the top 10 steam games based on hours played I've almost racked up 20k hours.

Nadia Wilson.

Any time enjoyed is not wasted. If you truly think you're wasting time by playing videogames, then you clearly shouldn't be playing them. Hobbies are not a waste of time.

>I'm literally underage

MODS

This so much. You people are so ashamed of your hobbies.

This.
Easily spend over 10 000+ on just WoW and CS alone when i was younger.

Spent like 3 minutes playong maube?

Entertainment is not a waste of time. What are you even doing on a site like this if you think videogames are a waste? Having "productive" "discussion" on fucking Cred Forums? Go outside.

t. neckbeard that is angry at the world

Iv'e wasted a fucling whole file onto it. even since i was a a kid. Years of time wasted on videogames.

And i dont regret nothing. kek.

@353277980

Low quality bait not even giving you a (you)

As long as it's a good game then the more time spent the better.

Unfortunately I've been stuck with garbage multiplayer PC games, which I regret.

Better than coming home from work and drinking/watching endless television

It's not that big a deal. I have spent at least 100,000 hours in education.

Video games will never betray me.

>spend 10,000 hours enjoying yourself
>spend 10,000 hours bettering yourself
>either way you're going to grow old and die like everyone else
Ever think your parents miss being young user?

Is that Lights? Look like a younger version of her

>t. neckbeard that is angry at the world
uh, that would be you dude. you're the one who wasted your shitty life.

I only got back into gaming after I'd given up on all my dreams so it's kind of irrelevant, I guess. They're definitely a "waste of time", though, but so are watching sports and watching TV series and pretty much everything most people do in their spare time.

>spend at least 2 hours per day in Cred Forums, 4 hours in a low average
>doing this since 2008
>this means 4 hours per day for 8 years
>that's 11,648 hours in total
>which means 485 days on Cred Forums
>which means 1 year and 3 months
>in my last 8 years of living, I've been on Cred Forums for a whole 1 year and 3 months
>1 whole year in the last 8 years

This is legit scary.
>that's 8 years of around

Nothing is a waste of time if you enjoy it. The point of life is to be well enough off so you are able to do those things in the first place.

>live 10 years
>live 10,000 years
>either way feelsposters will whine about death
Ever think pre-neo-Cred Forums is worth missing user?

>angry at the world
>fun things are fun
O-ok.

>If you're aren't spending every waking hour perfecting a skill or working for money you are wasting your time

Fuck off wage slave, like I aint even a NEET I have a job and practice skills sometimes but you've gone full on wage slave mind set at that point.

Time enjoyed is time well spent, nothing is pointless cause literally everything is pointless, all those hours spent "bettering yourself" sure are well spent after you die, right?

You're only wasting your time if you make yourself think you are.

I was just crying about that fact earlier.

This.

With 2 games I reach 10000. Take the rest into consideration and I'm probably at 40000~50000h or so. Even as a married full time worker I still find time to play over 30h a week, and I've had my share of NEET years (forced 4 years, health issues). Gaming is a major part of my life since xmas '91, when I got my Sega Genesis.

>wage slave

lel

jesus this place is filled with pussies.

How many Dicks have you sucked

5000 hours on league of legends alone
kill me

t. 18 y/o

Which iteration of neoV are we talking about?

this user gets it, I'm sure he meant how many of those hours were "wasted", i.e. playing games he did not enjoy. Which means he's picky about his vidya and only plays golden titles in genres he has high compatibility with.

We have much to learn from you, please share your methods and wisdom.

you bastard

>10k being a lot

I've spent 15~20k on one MMO alone. I'm guessing that I've played ~50k hours total in games.

>non-steam users
>can't get hours logged
ha ha ha ha

This.
Who are even comparing yourself with if you think playing video games is a waste of time that should be spent doing other things? Most non gamers would probably spend that time on social media or hanging with friends not really doing anything. If you're having a good time you're good, very few people actually spend any significant spare time on "productive" things.

nigga i got more than half of that in a single time. Kill yourself immediately

read the thread

i was guessing

i probably have 20 or 30

26 now, and I never got one either.

I've put at least 2,000 hours into SF4 alone. Easily 5,000 hours spent in Maplestory, another 2,000 for FFXI, and probably like 4,000 for PSO.

That's not even counting WoW or other games like skate 1 for the 360 which I probably have like 3,000 hours in.

I don't play as many videogames any more. Work and school suck up a lot of my time, and when I do have free time I usually make music or play piano.

The game I've played the most in the past 2 years in Overwatch and I barely have like 200 hours in that.

I'm 22, I dropped out at the same age as you did.

I have just over 12,000 hours in RuneScape

Aaaand last I checked I had 3,700 hours in FF XIII and XIII-2 combined

>It's sad to think about because I could have spent all that time doing something that will actually help me.
no, you couldn't

Those years fly by fast. Enjoy em senpai

I've got 2k hours playing an mmo I started 6 months ago. Started playing games in 1990. I'd wager at least 75k minimum up to perhaps maximum 150k.

I already feel like my life is ruined and my life flew by, lol.

Everyone can pick their own poison, i will
play videogames until my eyes bleed.

10000 is a big deal if op is 15

I get that now and again too, just remember you're not even halfway done

Also you're in the best part of it right now, just have fun while you can and don't spend too much time thinking about the past

>waahhhh I wasted my life playing video games
Why? Because other people told you that? If you enjoy doing something, how is it time wasted? Would you rather have spend all those hours doing something you dislike and being miserable? I'll never understand this mindset.

Time you enjoyed is not time wasted

Not him but.

Heres the wisdom

If youre not having fun. Stop

what a cute girl

time enjoyed is not time wasted

>It's sad to think about because I could have spent all that time doing something that will actually help me.
Self hate is just as bad as escapism.

>@
Stop baiting bait.

one day you will die, and all those skills and knowledge acquired through your whole life will mean shit.

We remember the dead ones because they cant remember themselves.

I spent over 3500 hours in gta5.
before it came out
QA isn't exactly playing video for money but close enough

thats a panther mate

what do you mean?

>played for the first time at 5
>is now 26

something doesn't add up....

"she"(male) has a dick.

i dont believe you

Good.

I meant to say I've been playing video games since I was five

Is this really that hard to put together?

nope, she doesn't tho ;_;

That rule also comes specifically from studies on concert musicians, and comes with the caveat that it's 10000 hours of deliberate and focused practice thats designed to challenge your existing skills in order to better them.

I can guarantee that people don't play videogames like that.

ps2 games were too fun i couldnt quit.

Fair point, you're absolutely right.

Wise words, I'm feeling a bit better now

>thread gets ruined by "traps aren't gay" retards

They're super gay tho

>implying games doesn't help you

They sure didn't help your english, if that's what you're getting at

Wasted? Zero
Enjoyed? All of them.

>ctrl+f nadia wilson
>only 1 result
I was going to say this but some user already told it
google it, there are nudes and she's super qt

also how the fuck I'm supposed to keep track of something I do to disconnect and relax mother fucker