What is it with Steam and bandwagoning ecchi weeb games like Neptunia and GalGun?

What is it with Steam and bandwagoning ecchi weeb games like Neptunia and GalGun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgHzd3XGGXM
youtube.com/watch?v=KevvoZY_y0U
youtube.com/watch?v=YNEh2Wv1t1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=eSXujrnycR0
youtube.com/watch?v=ggOv9rqcmag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gaben is a weeb and brony. Therefore, this shit is on steam.

Steam is platform for selling games.

I mean to talk about how does it receive near universal acclaim from the customers yet AAA games get shit on.

Because the majority of customers are weebs and enjoy playing with one hand.

Maybe weebs have shit taste, but at least as consumers they know what they like.

I played through the first one ported to PC, it was a pleasant enough time sink. I can't imagine going through all of them though.

Isn't there a Neptunia game that's a 3D beatemup rather than an RPG? That might be entertaining.

>who is

>demotivators
>poor grammar
>2016

And I can't even figure out what kind of point you're trying to make.

>one game targets a niche audience
>the other targets everyone and fucking sucks anus

Weebs know exactly what they're getting when they buy Neptunia, cute girls. Meanwhile AAA games are marketed to hell and back to make the consumer think they're going to be the game of the decade when they're actually entirely mediocre, or even bad in some cases.

This leads to the majority of the weeb audience to be satisfied with the game while the AAA game has some controversy in the first three days of release that causes them to be negatively reviewed.

>What is it with Steam and bandwagoning ecchi weeb games like Neptunia and GalGun?

Steam sells whatever sells, man. They take a cut of sales so they don't care much and will take whatever sells well.

It's not that complex, damn.

Pretty much this. OP might as well have asked 'why do companies engage in profitable business practices.'

>mentioning MLP

YOU MAD MAN!

Because AAA devs can't stop fucking up?

I couldn't get into neptunia, the combat felt very generic and uninspired, even for a JRPG, there's a notable lack of effort put into the game's story, it's filled with memes and references and jokes, and then there's the whole VN thing. I didn't get very far before I had to drop it from boredom though, so maybe it gets better, didn't grab me enough to find out.

As for steam grabbing those games, because weebs have money to spend usually.

>comparing based neptunia to barnie
kill yourself my man

>reused assets
>copy-pasted dungeons
>didn't even bother updating the character models for their first next-gen title
Why do people like this crap again?

same reason people like MGR, memes

Considering nep and haydee threads are both being deleted now, doesn't matter if you like thick or loli, both are banned.

Reddit really is getting more accepting than Cred Forums

MGR had good gameplay, though

Just like nep nep

As shit as Neptunia is compared to most JRPGs, it's still more fun than 99% of the dogshit walking simulators and unfinished AAA DLC platforms coming out right now. Mindless fun with big numbers kind of like Disgaea, but still fun.

And that's without the cute girls. Add those in for extra spice.

>why can't I discuss fucking little girls and robots on Cred Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>>your fucking general

>Nep 3D beat´em up
Yes , it´s subtitled U.
youtube.com/watch?v=JgHzd3XGGXM

Japan remembered that PC ports are an easy way to get money from western audiences, and they don't even have to physically publish discs over here anymore.

>Specific audience likes a niche game targeted directly at them
What a concept

not really, decent gameplay, just like nep

Because the only people buying and reviewing the game are people who knew beforehand that they'd enjoy the game.
This is opposed to AAA games that target retards with no critical thinking who'll buy something they didn't know existed until 3 seconds ago when they clicked on the steam store page.

>Neptunia
>ecchi
You clearly haven't played it

>a demotitivational poster
>in 2016

>Who is unhappy with current media trends
wat? But Japan is all about the moeshit nowadays.

Whoever was in charge of those hit sounds should be shot

>demotivational in 2016
>doing a demotivational incorrectly

this is now a motivational thread

It's almost as if the majority of steam users don't actually play games and they just want to spot memes

user, this is a blue board... Not so subtle nep thread?

>Make games for a fanbase.
>Fanbase likes said games.
>Leaves good review for games.

It's not hard. the best thing you can do for your franchise is achieve a fan base. Even if it's not 10,000,000 strong, it still means profit.

>every niche media is MLP
Wow, you did it.

U is what I imagined Nep games should have always been, but turns out CH isn't good at making action oriented games. It was good ideas with shit execution.

Same went for Noire's game, SRPG was a great opportunity squandered. It was slow, horribly balanced and the writing was god awful.

I never liked the Eltale Monsters battle system main Nep games use, but it seems to be the only one they know how to make.

Like 90% of demotivationals were done incorrectly and just redundantly copied the text from the image

Normalfags weebs.

>OH GOSH IM SUCH A WEEB XD I LUV ALL WAIFU AND I CALL ALL 2D GIRLS A WAIFU HAHA LOL

#weebpride

Compile Heart should just turn Neptunia into a VN series

Needs another drawing for the third or it doesn't really work.

Please stop liking what I don't like. Thank you.

Why are you even surprise?
This is Steam today. The meme magic is real.

Kill yourself poser weeb.

>who is

>revolution 60
lel
fucking holy shit, I think I have kidney failure. My sides are gone.

>people say they like a japanese game
>KILL YOURSELF POSER
i'm lmaoing fa.m

>autistic young males who are unhappy with current media trends
>mlp
?

The only thing in common is autism.

There a difference between liking a japanese game and being an obnoxious normalfag weeb.

Naw, kill yourself my dude.

is the difference getting triggered and posting a meme image in every thread with something that looks vaguely like anime OP?

>that feel I have a 31 year old girl in my university course that might pass as Roseanne that uses japanese phrases almost half the time
>Even when she's alone

It does not try to go for the wider audience, that AAA devs love so much. And since it's a niche game it stands to reason that those few people playing it are quite happy with what they've got. That's my understanding of the situation, at least.

>Not liking Hyper-dimension
How could you

It's easy to get money from weebs and shit taste. All the garbage VNs on steam have positive reviews because of tits.

OP asked what was up with the bandwagoning of shitty weebs games so I answered him.

People who like these kind of entry level weeb shit steam game are normalfags low power level casuals.

Compile Heart makes good money on Neptunia series because they don't cater to the AAA audience. Unlike Sean Murray, they don't need to overpromise and can just stick with what works. It's only now that Neptunia will use Unreal 4 engine. They've been using Unreal 3 engines for even their recent PS4 game.

I'm doing it solely to piss you off.

Maybe consolefags have shit taste, but at least as consumers they know what they like.

This nigga.

True. I am a doctor. You have it.

>consolefags
Nep's biggest clientale is on the PC.

It's easy to get money from kids and shit taste. All the garbage shooters on steam have positive word of mouth because of their friends with shit taste.

>normal fag
>low power level casuals
and you are calling other people posers? Most of the games are unironically fun, and worth playing. The OP was bait to get replies likeYour meme image was unrelated to anything going on in the thread and you felt the need to post it because pic related is you

We can all agree that Peashy is best.

>Peashy is best
said noone ever

Nice deflection, weeb shitter.

Nep isn't ecchi you dumbfuck.

did someone unironically make a motivational poster meme in 2016? This shit was played out 10 years ago

ITT

>Compile Heart makes good money on Neptunia series because they don't cater to the AAA audience.
They make good money because they re-use like 70% of the assets between games.

At least I don't have to hide it from mommy.
Kid.

cs:go is 90% positive reviews on steam and has no fun gameplay

It wasn't CH, same with Noire game.
They were collaborations made by different companies. In case U it was being made by Tamsoft, creators of Senran Kagura and U is pretty much reskin of SK. They also made Blanc game. Noire game was made by Sting.

You forgot about tie in merchandises

>Kid

Ow the edge

And all VNs and Nepshit have more than that with even less gameplay

aaaand there goes the shock value of your meme
(you)

>PRICE
>It's free
pottery

That the best you can do, Kid?

>hide it from mommy
There's people who didn't get into anime through their parents? I thought you have to be this Asian to post on Hiroshimoot's animu imageboard.

VNs have stories and nep games have infinitely better gameplay than cs:go

Nah that's just your opinion

Please. Neptunia and Metal Gear Solid 4 are damn similar in the sense that both are just dialogues that come bundled with a minigame in the middle of the dialogues.

The only difference is that CH/IF realized that there's no real reason to put too much money into the minigame or in the game engine, whereas Kojimbo never realized that.

I got into annie-may through VHS trades in undergound waifu clubs.

it may be my opinion, but if you think cs:go is a good game you have shit taste and your opinion isn't worth a dime

This game is made to cater specifically to these autistic retards, user.

my parent's thought anime was satanic

MGS4 is a pretty good game

I mean it's a broken game and it's not even the best Counter Strike. But yes, whether or not you enjoy it is your own opinion.

You meant to say visual novel.

visual novels are games

>MGS4 is a pretty average movie

FTFY

Spoken like a true weeb shitter

If MGS4 were a film it would be way above average. That doesn't mean 'amazing' or 'brilliant' but the average film from the past decade sets a very low bar that MGS4 easily surpasses.

they're games as much as uncharted 4 is a game

>they're games as much as uncharted 4 is a game

So not at all

>Anything that's heavily story driven with no MLG multiplayer element is not a game

It's got rules, fail and win states. so kys?

This is exactly why I mostly only bother with niche vidya these days. Fuck the whole AAA industry and all it stands for.

the sound design is terrible.

That's even more than Nepshit then

>defensive weebs defending games they only like to fap to in reality

The same reason why they keep making games for Vita

>for vita
More like for PC.

>Nep is now acceptable because its on PC

CoD became acceptable because
O wait. CoD's loathed on PC.

I like MLP and Neptunia and am happy that Steam is getting more variety in terms of games available on its platform. Previously these kinds of games would only be seen on the Vita, so its nice seeing them on other platforms for those who want them.

I mean in Japan.
Japanese otaku play on Vita, most non-Japanese otaku play on PC

Price is pretty good and is free money since it comes with Steam trading cards

Because it caters to a specific niche, and most people with that niche are pleased to see these games. AAA on the other hand tries to please everybody.

>liking MLP
REEEEEEEE

Are people still taking neptunia seriously??
Goddamn you fucking autists are the ones who are calling it godtier and somehow think its changing jrpgs.

Most of the nep shitposting is either waifu wars or translation wars and no one really talks about how shit the game is as a jrpg.

You are asking me to discuss contents pertaining to visual novels really. This series has somehow ironically improved as time goes on when AC and Halo have gone downhill.

You're only saying that because the characters make your dick hard, like anyone else who likes Nepshit

There is little to no gameplay

>makes my dick hard
Neps aren't futa. Sorry. I don't jack off to Tsunako stuff as such.

>openly admitting to being an MLP furry shitter

>mlp=furry
(you)

weebs are WAY worse than bronies..

Why would I try to hide if I like something?

>this dialogue

And people actually like this shit.

Weebs are disgusting

>liking cartoon horses vs liking cartoon humans
No, you're just retarded

I like humor user. Not every game needs to be super serious

That's not even funny humor

It's pure cringe

Says the brony.

>I-I'm strong and I shouldn't hide if I like something! You bully!

Liking Neptunia should make you ashamed
>shallow gameplay
>milking series
>rehash
>lolsorandom references to Cred Forums's painstakingly crafted memes

>using cringe

14 year olds trying their hardest to fit in need to go

>liking Nepshit humor
>14 year olds need to go

Then why haven't you left?

>14 years old
>remember dreamcast, Genesis, SNES, PSX, PS2, Xbox hueg
>been on christopher poole's (who?) imageboard in 2003

>demotivational

I don't know what to tell you. I think its funny and enjoy its lightheartedness.
Its gameplay is shallow but improves with each entry, and some parts of it are still kind of cool. Instead of one type of standard attack, there's three, and where you position characters on the battlefield each turn effects whether or not you can hit the enemy or it can hit you and how many party members it can hit. Its small, but its enough to give the game its own stand-out feature amongst other games gameplay wise.

Plus the series just has great music.

All this rationalization because you don't just want to say the truth that all Nepshit fans need to admit to

You only like it because you want to fuck the characters

Anime has been on PSN and XBL for years.

>I don't know what to tell you. I think its funny and enjoy its lightheartedness.
I've never played any of these games, but I thought the screenshots were funny, user. Don't listen to that rude guy.

>who is
*who are

>unironically use Cred Forums language in youtube
>cringe

>unironically use Cred Forums language in normiebook
>cringe

>unironically use Cred Forums language literally anywhere else other than
>pure fucking cringe

>unironically use Cred Forums language in garbage animu geimu with moeblobs
>now this is smart humor for smart people like me

You faggots are beyond delusion.

You are always on about Sean Murray

Here, watch this.

Most your favorite Nep music
youtube.com/watch?v=KevvoZY_y0U
youtube.com/watch?v=YNEh2Wv1t1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=eSXujrnycR0
youtube.com/watch?v=ggOv9rqcmag

>Sailor Moon Crystal
>No Japanese audio

Why is this allowed?

this

(you)

feeling shame about something you like is the most beta thing possible. people have pride. those who are ashamed of what they like or who they are don't deserve to call themselves human.

even furfags have more pride in themselves than people like you who actively proselytize to give in to shame, one of the most filthy and disgusting emotions out there.

The very definition of anime to normies is questionable
>Make America Great Again
>Anime

Trump will make anime real, faggot

>implying normies would understand that
>implying doesn't think you aren't Oculus Rift shill

you literally can't refute any of his points

Because they have an extremely loyal consumer base that will buy anything so long as theres a flash of anime butt.

The equivalent of the homogenization of mainstream game mechanics but since mechanics do not matter in this case, it is the art style that is the main factor.

I know you ruined everyone's life around you IRL so why do you have to come shit up the gaming scene with your bullshit?

Eat shit and fucking die weebs.

>hue
BR has no right to comment on other hellholes when they are living in one.

nice subject change but I'm not Brazilian. They're faggots too.

Do you know where you are?

>Dark Souls
>Comic sans
Fuck you.

>Third person singular instead of third person plural
I'm going to assume English isn't your first language and forgive you rather than assuming you are an incompetent retard.

>ITT Cred Forumsckbites and Cred Forumstards brawling it out.