Has there ever been a game that was remade on the same console on which it originally was released?

Has there ever been a game that was remade on the same console on which it originally was released?

Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 in japan

Does Street Fighter 2 count?

Only if you count stuff like Street Fighter 2 -> Super Street Fighter 2.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness also had remakes of the two campaigns rom Castlevania 64 (replacing some stages and enemies with LoD ones).

Sonic Generations had levels from 2006 and Unleashed, which both came out on PS3/360.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mix

Street fighter revisions

Do GOTY editions count?

Super Mario Bros 2 USA and Doki Doki Panic.

Depends on the content the GOTY edition has. If it just includes some multiplayer maps/items, I'd say no.

Atelier?

A TON of Japanese games get re-released with a few new features after just a year or two, but I don't think that really counts as a "remake"

Resident Evil 4 for PC, for sure.

There were two Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the XBox 360.

Birth By Sleep, too!

If we're counting PC as a console, I can think of Indigo Prophecy and all versions of Myst

Capcom released the original BN3 in Japan in 2002.
Months later they released the "Black Version", which only fixed a few bugs, and added an extra boss.

When it came to the US in 2003, they decided to sell the original game and the Black version as two different versions (White/Blue) to get a few extra bucks.

Does PC even have generations in the way consoles do?

Would it be the Windows releases that determine it?

Senran Kagura Burst
Persona 3 FES

Rayman Legends kinda counts I guess since it borrowed a majority of levels from Origins.

FF XIV is the only that I remember

Did 1.0 even come out on PS3 like it was supposed to?

No.

Dark Souls 2