Final Fantasy XV

WHY IS HAIR SO SHIT IN THIS FUCKING NEXT-GEN GAME?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27_V04Wlur0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ps4 pro will fix it

Because it's not a Wii U game

Higher resolution models can look like shit when rendered in low res without antialias.
There's like aliasing on each hair stand on the left one, while the right one is a much less detailed model.

because the strands are so thin the resolution the game plays at isn't capable of rendering it with fidelity so it just looks pixelated, in other words ps3/4 doesn't have enough pixels lel

This bothered me a ton in the demo

>you can't make me do those other things

what did she MEAN by this

She likes floors, she's pondering if she should change her Job to Floor Cleaner because she likes to see them from close up.

different artstyle.

And the textures of sylphes clothes are even worse than the hair.

The hair probably looks better in motion than in a screenshot.

No, it doesn't. Sorry.

So you've played it and not just seen a compressed youtube video of the entire game huh?

It was supposed to look better but they fell for the open-world meme and now everything looks shit.

Don't like it? Don't play it and just fuck off REEEEE

she looks better in the second picture

Enjoy your garbage.

>NEXT-GEN
I thought PS4 was current gen? Or did this game get delayed again?

Looks better in fanart.

>HDR vs non HDR

OP, why did you post a screenshot from FFXIV when you're talking about FFXV?

You know the answer.

shitposting

That cat has super long wiskers

XV "fell for the open world meme" when it was announced as Versus in 2006. Absolute retard

jesus fucking christ what the fuck

She wants to be a 0 DPS healer which doesn't fly in FFXIV

Nice tumblr nose

>le dowgrade meme

I can't even fucking figure out what you faggots are attempting to highlight as a downgrade anymore, and I'm a technical director of game graphics.

Yeah thats modern Cred Forums. FFXV hasn't had any downgrades as far as i can see but they still claim that it has.

It's a super cat.

FFXV got downgrade, because 2014 footage super, but i really could care less about it, because it was looking impossible on the current consoles. Even PS4P can't handle these graphics.
For now, game looks gorgeous for the current hardware with small problems with pop-ins.

best XV thread in a long while

But the image in question though. There's not pop-in in a scene like that, so what is user actually talking about?

Sorry, in what scene?

10 years after FF13 and S-E still hasn't learned the simple lesson that super high resolution hair transparency DOESN'T WORK without anti-alias.

The image at the end of the reply chain you replied to.
What's actually been downgraded here. And from which of the pictures to which other one?

Get technical with me, I have time.

I see no downgrade in this. I was talking about other "openworld" footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=27_V04Wlur0

This is probably how game looks like now. But im not sure since it from EGX, and TGS footage was a little bit different.

A'ight.

Almost everything about this game seems taste-ridden and unappealing.

What the fuck happend? It looks like shit.

Im actually surprised with draw distance. They should tone it down for more fps.

wow, that looks terrible.

k

Man I'm glad I stopped playing FF games at 4.

Enjoy you're boyband shit nerds

You really have to reply to every single opinion do you?

>Enjoy you're boyband shit nerds

Uhhh i will, thank you for atleast letting me enjoy it!

Thanks, I sure as hell will

I wonder how current Duscae looks compared to "Episode Duscae" since we haven't actually seen new Duscae for once.

Wasn't it showcased in the TGS trailer?
But the scenes from there were probably PS4Pro/PC build of the game.

You thinks trees really looks like that on Pro\PC?

that looks like a generic action game.

I thought FF games were suppose to be RPGs?

yeah open world meme started after 2004 when San Anrdeas sandbox took over

RPGs aren't limited to one combat system you know
Even fucking Vagrant Story on the PS1 had realtime combat

>what is arpg

that have been two demos and the videos don't look any different

They could
I'm sure foilage won't look like that on a regular PS4 though

Morrowind was already famous and high regarded because of it's open world back in 2003

>morrowind
>relevant among normies

>The one game that made TES become something other than a DOS obscure cult classic series
>Not relevant

We've seen a little bit of Duscae footage at PAX on Xbox One. PS4 probably looks even better.

yeah ok, doesn't change hte fact that plenty of franchises took the open world approach after those games

I swear to christ if they somehow make the final game look worse then Duscae demo I'll fucking freak.

This webm is not from Duscae demo, its from TGS 2014, which was unreal on current gen. And i wonder what PC you need to run this.

The most obvious downgrade here is the lighting. If you really can't tell the difference between how smooth and balanced the top one is compared to the blown out shit on the bottom you are blind, and no it sure as fuck isn't just a different time of the day. There's also a slight downgrade on Luna herself, both her skin and hair appear less detailed, but overall I think she actually looks better on the bottom just because the colors of her hair, eyes and skin are more natural.

That was the time when gaming went to shit with casuals pouring in and taking over and now it spread to all other genres including RPGs.

kys

>I will go down in history as the last king

What did he mean by this, /xvg/?

hair thread?

If it wasn't open world people would be bitching and calling it a hallway simulator. You should know this if you were here back when FFXIII was new, but you weren't because you're an underage shitposting faggot.

>Faggots that are butthurt that a Wii U title has a better dynamic hair system than PS4 games.

The most noticeable things are the downgraded bokeh and ambient occlusion but subtle things like lower poly outfit/hair and lower res textures are present too.

>There's no middle ground between open world and FFXIII

Wow, that's amazing, how did they get the giant Brillo pad on that monkey's head to do all those different colors?

No, not according to you fucks considering you've been bitching that FFXV goes more linear in the second half of the game.

You neo-Cred Forums fags just want to complain and paint everything as being the next big failure.

>considering you've been bitching that FFXV goes more linear in the second half of the game.
I don't remember doing that. There are multiple people on this site you know.

>implying it doesn't all blur together when everyone is anonymous

THREAD IDS NOW

>I'm a technical director of game graphics.
i'm sure your android game will make you plenty of money

That doesn't even look like hair, it looks like fuzz.

I miss Versus XIII

This is what happens when your game is running at low resolution with no AA

SHE HAS THE FLU DAWG

Never gonna happen.

>fur can't be fuzzy
the fuck you on about?