Why is Blood the only good dos shooter to get no love?

Why is Blood the only good dos shooter to get no love?

>Douk gets new game and several hd remakes
>Shadow Warrior gets 2 new games and an hd remake
>Doom gets several new games and several hd fan remakes.
>Marathon evolved into Halo

Blood had the best feeling levels out of all of them and it gets nothing but a shitty sequel for it.

its better they dont

because atari is shit

#itlivesagain

after what's happened to duke, I suppose you're right

I hope the source port gives new live to the franchise, so Atari can finally stop being a dick.

>no mention of Hexen

because melee in dos games feels fucking awful and the levels are needlessly complicated.

Because Atari is a dick.

>Hexen

is there any game that is funny yet terrifying like blood? i've been for something similar for a while.

>too dumb for a 20 year old FPS

damn

>is there any game that is funny yet terrifying like blood?
None that I'm aware. That's one of the most god-tier things about the game. It manages to be scary while riding this line of humour alongside it the whole time. It's fucking fantastic like that.

If I could recommend a movie that's kind of similar check out Severance. It's nothing like Blood in terms of setting but it's also funny while being somewhat scary. Decent enough flick.

>projecting

Hexen isn't even as good as Heretic. Take your pseudo-elitist ass out of here.

blood is a parody of horror flicks from the 80s-90s. it has good levels but nothing really unique

thanks. i'll check it out sometime.

because sauce code is being hoarded and EDuke32 lacks functions that could make it work which is supposedly impossible to do so, despite ZDoom being able to run multiple games

seriously most of the code is already there, but for some reason people would rather remake the whole game in different engine instead of patching up eduke32

>nothing really unique

You can't serious. You don't even know your FPS history.

Perhaps it's because it doesn't translate into a modern era as well, because it partially relies on references to horror movies. If nuBlood was to be based on those horrors from the 2000s-2010s, what do you think we would get?

Corpse Party?

Blood source code is lost, so you can't have as large a community as Douk or Doom

>implying Marathon is a DOS game
>implying Halo is a worthy successor

How many shooters are like blood?

I can't think of any, the only things close are other build engine games.

I should have said said dos style shooter, my bad, and i didn't say halo was good.

I'm here to donate some blood. Somebody else's...

It was never super popular. Shadow Warrior had a similar fate.

At least Hexen got ports.

blood had the best atmosphere of all the build shooters. it was comedic, dark, and terrifying. the guns weren't the best i'll give you that since very few are good outside of specific scenarios, but as for how the levels and themes were laid out i don't think many games come close to how good it was.

shadow warriors new games weren't that great to me, but others really liked them so i'll give it a pass. at least it did get a remake and a new future though. Blood is as dead as the movies it makes fun of.

pretty sure Evil Dead has a tv show now

The new games are shit.

I bet Monolith regret the shit out of selling the Blood IP off to Atari. Dumb move on their part; they clearly held the game close to their hearts. It's too bad they rushed Blood 2 out the ass. They could have come out with a real sequel or reboot following that and made another great FPS.

Source port when

well, at least we got FEAR and Condemned out of Monolith since Blood. Now both those are dead and gone too

when you make it

>marathon evolves into shit instead of receiving a glorious hd remake

yeah, it kinda sucks that we never got a Blood 3, but Monolith still made some solid ass first person horror games (AvP 2, FEAR series, Condemned series). Some better than others obviously.

and now I'm guessing they're working on a next gen Shadow of Mordor sequel. That game was huge for them, and well-liked by most too. I never played it.

Shadows of the Damned.

>people talk about Monolith
>don't mention NOLF
pleeeeeeebs

>Shadows of the Damned ft. proto Mexican Donte and Boner
>terrifying
come now
Garcia Fucking Hotspur is pretty cool, to be honest. Sequel sadly never

It is not DOS, but Rebel Moon Rising gets much less. It is not that good, but it deserves more.

Painkiller (find Black edition, it is the best one).

>>Douk gets new game and several hd remakes
>>Shadow Warrior gets 2 new games and an hd remake
>>Doom gets several new games and several hd fan remakes.
>>Marathon evolved into Halo
all those new iterations suck Indian shit dick. I would rather have the Blood IP stay dead forever than it being raped by a bunch of nu-male degenerates.

> Why is Blood the only good dos shooter to get no love?
You forgot to mention Descent and its incredible sequel.

The asylum and orphanage level still creep the shit out of me

>because sauce code is being hoarded and EDuke32 lacks functions that could make it work which is supposedly impossible to do so, despite ZDoom being able to run multiple games
That's because Monolith modified Build Engine a lot during development, most importantly achieving true ROR, and it uses different scripting so you cannot just copypaste it.
>seriously most of the code is already there, but for some reason people would rather remake the whole game in different engine instead of patching up eduke32
Except that has happened already, it's called BloodCM and it's not very good.

Welp, time to reinstall.

>XLengine will never be completed due to all the delays
>You will never play a 100% accurate Blood port to modern OS with modding tools and added features
>You will never play Outlaws without the slowdowns and the need to have a cd drive to play the music.