What was it like playing Symphony of the Night for the first time?

What was it like playing Symphony of the Night for the first time?

is this a real filter?

DIE OP YOU DON'T BELONG TO THIS THREAD

Not one you could use in real time.

felt like i was playing a better super metroid

its like a painting

please show this in motion

Pretty underwhelming unless it is the first one you've played, the only thing it really has over the other metriodvanias is content and OST and the classic castlevanias beat it ten times over in terms of gameplay depth

i see, i thought it would be cool if such filter for emulators existed

Felt like I was playing an easier CotM.

I remember booting it up on PSX when I was seven. My older brothers mocked me for playing it because the intro was so cheesy.

One week later and we were all gathered around the television looking for secrets of the castle.

It was pretty fun.

Style over substance like a lot of PS1 sequels

This basically. It's a good game, but I wish it hadn't impacted the direction of Castlevania so severely.

I really like Aria of Sorrow, though.

I beat it the first time near last christmas

I liked it

>was
you can still play it for the first time in the future, OP
anyone who hasn't yet played it can

underage detected

reported

I felt it was a 7/10, most of my playthrough was getting bored out of my mind by how easy the game was and how many Rondo assets were ripped shamelessly, but it made up for it by being nothing like previous CV games.

Bloodlines is my favorite game followed by Adventure Rebirth

IT WAS NOT BY MY HAND THAT I AM ONCE AGAIN GIVEN THREAD

I WAS CALLED HERE BY USERS WHO WISH TO POST ME TRIBUTE

Choose

underwhelming

I played pretty much all of the DS games before SotN and they were all better.

Something about SotN's gameplay felt janky, and it had very little outstanding features to call its own other than unresponsive animal transformations (which even speed runners and "expert" players will get wrong more often than acceptable before you start parroting "git gud")

user, 1997 was 19 years ago, that guy is 26 now.

>actually choosing the whip guy
Are you serious?

Eric Lecarde easy, spear jumps for days

wait 15 years, it will exist, at some point.

Same here, but I also played the GBA ones before. Its true that some animations are clunky, but SotN is still faster than the DS ones, even more if you use the shield dash and the bat dash thingy, which are pretty easy to do on PSP.

>lets have two big-ass maps that take 4 screens per room with beautiful backgrounds and put 2 ENEMIES ON IT

Pretty much this.

Probably how I felt when playing Super Metroid few months back
>holy shit this is fun

TRIBUTE?! YOU STEAL MEN'S MEMES AND POST THEM YOURSELF

mankind ill needs a savior such as (You)

W H A T I S A M E M E ?

SoTN was a like a its name says: A symphony.

The graphics, the music, the details, gentle on those getting into the Metroidvania genre. Lots of things to explore and try.

It was gorgeous. Give me 4 games like this a year and I will be the happiest nerd alive.

You know, people talk shit about SotN's dialogue, but I unironically enjoy it. I'd even say it's better than a lot of dialogue nowadays, and aside from a few hiccups here and there (which is to be expected, it's a fucking '97 game), the voice acting's not that terrible. Especially compared to something like RE, and a whole slew of other games from that era.

"For theirs is already a hard lot."

do people actually not choose eric

>that poorly compressed track at the intro

Doing it right now.

It's okay

I didn't like it. For me, it seemed like a regular castlevania with rpg mechanics and nothing more. Is there something I'm missing? I like metroidvania games, but I couldn't enjoy this game.

I played it quite a while after its release. I played it for the first time on that weird Rondo remake for PSP. My first reaction was, "yeah I get this" and haven't played it since. I'll get to it one day.

>not playing with a whip
i shiggy diggy do.

I actually think the infamous what is a man scene is actually good and dracula's VA is good too, the weird echo effect a lot of the voices in that game are a nice touch too

It is slightly hammy but that is honestly down to Richter's VA more than anything else imo

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF CLICHES!

the music quality and the existence of voice acting completely blew my mind, not to mention the save system (I grew up with a Genesis so I can count the amount of games I played with saving on one hand)

Magical. It felt like a mysterious adventure with actual arcane secrets (input-based spells you had to learn). Too bad the game is so easy, even like this it's one of my all-time favorites.

I actually played the game to finish like 3 months ago for the first time

it was great, loved the sprite artwork
fantastic game, flawed but fantastic

CAN A GAME BE CREATED THAT LOOKS LIKE A PAINTING

Playing it right now for the first time, I'm in inverted castle and I absolutely love it. I played rondo of blood and aria of sorrow first because v told me they are better and didn't like them at all. And this one is just great. Never listen to nostalgia faggots.

I found the Shield Rod and blitzed the last two bosses in a combined 30 seconds, so that was unsatisfying. But it was pretty fun

There is an odd contradiction in your post.

"This game is way easier and more unbalanced than Order of Ecclesia"

amazing

I played the games two months ago. They played it on release and can't accept anything different. No contradiction.

Mario 64 did it

I agree.

But nostalgia faggots would have been the one to suggest SOTN. What you heard were contrarian opinions.

Also, you claim that those who suggested to Aria of sorrow can't accept anything different is weird as in AOS is a continuity hence, they are similar.

>"This game is way easier and more unbalanced than Order of Ecclesia"

Thinking rondo of blood was better

I beat the whole game with were bane, it's an excellent weapon.

But it is?

i beat the whole game with crissaegrim, it's a better weapon

That's a big weapon

Yeah and duck tales is a masterpiece and best game ever is arkanoid.

Sure you did, with a weapon from the second castle.