Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfAF_FLEVfA
strawpoll.me/6686728/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dragon's dogma is a pile of shit, it should be dead last

DS and MH are a toss up. DS has higher highs but lower lows, MH is consistent and gets better with each iteration

inb4 some retard compares MHgen, a base game, to MH4U, a game + expansion

People are just mad Monhun weapons are as clunky as their weight implies.

Das>MonHun>DD

Souls is imperfect (dodge roll and strafing breaks most encounters) and I refuse to put up with the grind in MH to play it anymore. Never tried Dragon's Dogma.

souls is clunky too though (not bloodborne, less so in das3)

Get some taste

>Monhun.
Literally who?

What the fuck is a Monhun?

Dragons Dogma > Monhun > Dark Souls

monhun would be in last but generations fixed that, styles are so fucking cool

>DD anywhere near MonHun or DaS

What a stupid vote. Better would be to give one game 3, one game 2 and one game 1 point. Then show the total points for each game.

All I know is I hate all of these games.
>memorizing attack patterns which are telegraphed to all hell
>iframe dodging bullshit
>griiiiiind killing the same enemies 200 times
>everything is slow as fuck
>terrible third person cameras and ugly as shit worlds
>no plot to speak of, everything is overly convenient and irrelevant during 99% of the game, usually it's more of an excuse to go to certain levels or areas

At first reflex no but after a thought I do agree.

Monhun is awkward as shit (at first) despite how awesome it is

Monster hunter has the best monster design and the weapons work really well for the themes the games. Overall though the combat feels better in souls, especially bloodborne. I just love having weakpoints on monsters, it makes it so rewarding to learn your weapon's hitboxes and the monsters patterns.

I mostly agree.

Souls is all about reading, reacting and adapting to the situations while using the vast array of moves at your disposal to counter enemies or other players.
Dragons dogma and Monster Hunter I would say are the same. Both are about dodging as much as possible while trying to reach weakspots and spam your most effective move to deal as much damage as you can. Then move away and repeat.

How on Earth could anyone find Dragons Dogma better than monhun

Monhun > Dragons Dogma > Dark XD : prepare to soOOO hard

Nioh does combat better than DS

DD combat is objectively better than Dark Souls

I agree.

DeS, DaS1, and bloodborne are some of my favorite games.

Dragon's dogma was great but too short, I get the impression capcom ran out of time or money.

Monster hunter is a grindfest I couldn't get into it. Might have been different if I had people to play with but eh.

fuck off DDfag, your shit game was exposed when the PC version released

Nah.
Monster Hunter is amazing.

But it's anti-normie as fuck, so naturally it'll lose any poll. Normalfags would cry tears over that series.

Storyfags should neck themselves.

Darksouls has fucking terrible combat

Bloodborne > Monhun > Souls > Fagons Fagma

I mostly play Dark Souls, so that's the one I LIKE THE MOST. That being said, DD was pretty fun for the 2 missions I did. I have never even seen Monster Hunter.

perfect

how about next time you make a poll with people who actually played all 3 games

Bloodborne fans need to fucking neck themselves

This poll is fucking retarded, why not just list the three games on their own spots and count the number of votes between them?

i haven't played any of them but the first 2 results look like what i'd think, from the footage and descriptions i know of the series

MH is easily the most polished of the 3 and it probably has the most complex and varied system of the 3. Comparison between DD and DS is a toss up depending on the type of gameplay you prefer. DD is more over the top and a lot more flashy while DS is more methodical.

DD > MH > DS

MH > DS >>>>>>>> DD

DD is more realistic. The ranged attack system is also amazing, and the magic is better. Dark souls ranged attack system is 1/10 and inexcusably bad. Dark souls combat is cleaner/smoother, but a lot of the fighting ultimately becomes backstab circling and rolling because muh invincibility frames, which is pretty unrealistic bullshit. People feel rewarded for tapping roll when they're about to get hit to do an epic dodge. It works and people feel good about it, but it's pretty dumb.

Man, I love all three so much. It's tough to even compare them, because combat varies so much depending on your weapon/class.
Overall, I'd say MH is the most solidly designed. The movesets, attack patterns, hitzones. Everything is just extremely grounded and well thought out- but it's not for everyone. It feels very clunky until you get the hang of it.
DD is at the opposite end of the spectrum- it's very loose and less depth went into the combat, but it can be pure fun. Especially when your character is an OP monster, just mowing down enemies.
DS is that perfect middleground. It's not quite as loosey goosey, but still extremely fun and satisfying.
But man, I can play any one of them for thousands of hours at a time.

I wonder how people who are turned off by traditional MH games feel about Generations.
I feel like styles and hunting arts address a lot of the things that traditionally serve as entry barriers to new players. Or just playing with DB or SnS.

I don't even think that the games can be that compared.
Comparing DaS and DD can be done, alright, but MH?
MH is about "This is a monster. Go fuck it up." or "This is a monster. Get your friends and go fuck it up"
Of course it's going to be a more complex and varied system since it's a multiplayer game. It doesn't have an interesting world, atmosphere or story (it could but it's not what the series is about)
DDs multiplayer is about being a pimp
DaS's multiplayer is fighting together or each other

DD feels more like an adventure with a lot of different monsters
DaS is more like thrown into a world looking what's up

fucking this

Who cares they are all meme games and comparing them is like comparing identical trashcans that only have different color.

someone post that webm with magic users in skyrim, souls and dragons dogma

>mention the shit gameplay, shit story, and shit graphics
>hurr you're a story fag
No I'm just someone who likes GOOD GAMES, which are something that doesn't exist in this terrible genre or pseudo-hardcore action grindemups

OP probably just saw three 3rd person action games and lazily thought you could just compare them.

Gen is the first MH I played and I went with GS. It was vanilla as fuck but it was a good way for a newbie to learn to read monster patterns and find correct openings.

MonHun>DaS>DD
this is based on my experience, which is literally just DaS2 so I guess it doesn't count, for what it's worth DaS seems a bit better although I still like MonHun better

Dragon's Dogma has interesting ideas but the controls are shit and everything's just gross and floaty. I wish it was viable to play ranged as a PC since it seems like your followers are way better at it since they don't have to take time to aim

Git gud

>needing excuses to be a badass dinosaur hunter

There's nothing to git gud at in this trash genre, you either have the patience to memorize everything and execute it with pin-point precision a million times so you can grind for some item, or you can play something that isn't casual and repetitive garbage pretending to be hard despite having no penalty for death.

I need good gameplay to be a badass dinosaur hunter, all Monhun lets you do is being a faggoty monster farmer.

that list literally made me throw up. thanks

stop being 18 year olds and go beat ninja gaiden black if you're so gud

>pin-point precision is required for MonHun of all things
>he calls it casual in the same post
>he thinks he needs a penalty for death besides the knowledge that he failed to hunt a dragon
you sound like you never got past low rank
protip: if you're bored of farming you can just move on to the next monster

It's fine that you didn't git gud. You can go back to baby's hand holding hack and slash like Assassin's Creed, Batman, and Shadow of Morder.

>pin-point precision is required for MonHun of all things
Pin-point precision is required in DDR too you stupid bitch.
>he thinks he needs a penalty for death besides the knowledge that he failed to hunt a dragon
CASUAL
>you sound like you never got past low rank
The shittiest of strawman arguments rears it's ugly head once again
I don't give a fuck how hardcore you THINK your rank makes you, because it doesn't.

>controls are shit
>everything's just gross and floaty
>I wish it was viable to play ranged

As far as I'm concerened dark souls 1 was the hardest game of this shitty subgenre of casual "hardcore" games, and I beat it, so I have no interest in "gitting gud" (see: grinding it out) in whatever game you think means you something other than the filthy fucking casual you actually are.

I'm confused that you essentially said the game is difficult and then called it casual in the same post

and yes, getting past low rank does make a difference, the monsters get harder at high rank and G rank

DS = MH = DD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> western shit

MH > DD > DaS

How anybody can think DaS combat is comparable to the other two is beyond me.

I never said it's difficult, it's trial and error where error has no punishment is still casual, even if you die a couple times to cheap shit that you didn't see coming, you don't get punished for it, you spend an hour or whatever grinding it out memorizing patterns until you finally DDR you way through the boss.
I know YOU consider that to be difficult, because you are a fucking casual, but it's not, without punishment for death it's just pure unadulterated grind regardless of how many times you die because you are half-assing it the entire time until you can figure out the cheap way to kill the boss/creature.

Why does japan makes better western rpg than the west?

>the monsters get harder at high rank and G rank
Why, does killing you suddenly end the game and delete your save file?
No?
Just faster attacks and more HP?
HOW DIFFICULT, NOW I NEED TO MEMORIZE NEW ATTACK PATTERNS HOLY SHIT THIS JUST GOT INTENSE
No, fuck that, still casual even if the attacks take 1 frame and kill you instantly, and you need a billion attacks to kill the enemy, fact is that's most of what these games are already.

monster hunter in case you weren't memeing

I think this is the best formulated opinion here.

Honestly, they're not easy to compare. I remember when DS first came out, everyone was trying to compare it to MonHun, but literally everyone who played both said they're nothing alike.

>you will NEVER EVER be casual as this retard

Feels good famalam

shitter tier poster. Just have fun with the weapons you like you fucker.
>he can't even get sub 5 minutes in high rank

>the only surviving Capcom game series from the era of "lets copy 4-player co-op Phantasy Star Online concepts into our franchise" built from retarded pre-teen fanfic lore with broken mechanics, multiple unintelligible damage formulas, miserable game design choices, poor excuse for fashion or creativity and relatively poor attachment rate outside of japan.
>so full of themselves that they think it's fun/deep/rewarding/creative and it's just the gaijin who are dumb and bad.
Capcom deserves to go bankrupt and lose their treasure that everyone else calls garbage.

>you need a billion attacks to kill the enemy

Found the shitter.

>playing a shitty game because it makes you feel hardcore despite never actually being difficult or requiring skill outside of basic pattern recognition
Enjoy your ego stroking casual.

>Best option last

I can't handle all this shit taste

Well, atleast you could read 10 words in a row, now try the rest of the paragraph.

moron detected

Try not being a shitter that takes "billion attacks" to kill a monster and then maybe I'll read the diarrhea you spewed out, shitter.

MH > DS

Haven't played Dragon's Dogma

monhun is for weebs and hipsters and the saltiness in this thread shows
no one likes spending an hour chipping away at a bosses hp, it has combat closer to an mmo

Try figuring out what "hyperbole" means, you fucking child.
note how I prefaced it with "EVEN IF", which implies that's never the case.

The Monster Hunter games always felt like offline MMOs to me desu.

the fuck is monhun

retard

oh user you are a poet

How the fuck are these games even comparable?

Monster hunter is weebshit casual crap.

Dragons dogma is weebshit pedo crap

Darksouls is edgy meme kids game.

DD=DS>>>Monhun

Monster Hunter is objectively a shit series. Mh4u sold more copies in japan than the entire collective of copies for the rest of the world. You have to know you're fuckin shit up bad and doing things wrong when you put a product in the global market which goes on to sell worse globally than it does on your california-sized island.

They're all attack memorization grind bullshit for making casuals think they're "hardcore"

god forbid it's fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=TfAF_FLEVfA

This image will never stop being relevant. Don't bother replying to me either samefag, I won't give you any (You)s

Eh, I'll give a (you) for the minimal effort.
Next time put a bit more work into your bait though.

Name a legitimately "hardcore" game, famalam.

Anything with multiplayer, you fucking casual.
Anything with hardcore mode, you fucking casual.
Anything where you can't grind your way to victory, you fucking casual.
ANYTHING WHERE DEATH MEANS SOMETHING

I prefer responsiveness over any particular 'style' of combat. So yeah, I agree.

But you can always just reload, in every game

Not in every game, and sometimes you have to go through hours of content before you can get back to where you were, not in any multiplayer game.
>Grind
>Fun
Do you understand why I am calling you a casual yet?

DD > MH > Souls

DD is actually fun and as difficult as you want it to be. MH is fun in theory but requires too much grinding past the basic shitter village mode. I just love grinding for a bunch of elemental weapons for each weapon type. Fun shit

I've never played Dragon's Dogma but both Dark Souls and Monster Hunter have awful combat.

Or at least, I can't enjoy them personally. There are numerous issues, but above all else I can't stand how slow they are. Slow combat sucks.

Where did i imply the grind is fun? the gameplay itself and shitting on the monsters is fun for me.

>the gameplay itself and shitting on the monsters is fun for me.
So you enjoy using the same attack over and over on a monster after figuring out it's attack patterns.
Well user, that's actually more casual than enjoying the grind, atleast there's some sense of accomplishment in grind, what you're doing is effectively just playing DDR on easy and telling me it's "fun", why is it fun user? Because you feel super hardcore when you kill a monster?
Casual ego stroking at best.

you may as well ask which has better combat: morrowind, oblivion, or skyrim

literally what i just said, but in paragraph form. thanks for needlessly explaining at a great length though.

You're the one stroking your ego here

I get it user, you like simple repetitive gameplay and consider it fun, that's your motive I don't care.
Just don't pretend it's not casual, and don't pretend you're not a casual, that is MY personal problem with this genre.

>CTRL + F "casual"
>19 results
>CTRL + F "DDR"
>5 results
Now this is what I call sperging out

>doesn't like memorizing attack patterns
>doesn't like telegraphed attacks
>doesn't like iframes
>doesn't like killing the same enemy 200 times

I don't think action games are for you.

I dunno man, you're seeming pretty repetitive yourself.

Please user, lets not pretend this garbage is an action game, most action games don't have iframes, most action games have boss fights which aren't just bullet sponges with instakill moves, most action games require combos, timing, actively dodging in 3 dimensions.
You are really doing a huge disservice to a decent genre by comparing this garbage to it.

We weren't talking about bullet sponges and instakills, we were talking about attack patterns.

Also:
>DaS, DD, MH
>don't require timing and dodging in 3 dimensions
Are you retarded?

>we were talking about attack patterns.
Yeah, and actual action game bosses tend to have several attacks which they can use in intricate patterns, not one of 3 random abilities it'll stand around for 10 seconds before it shits out prompting your programmed response.
>don't require timing and dodging in 3 dimensions
What the fuck are you talking about you can't even jump in any of those games, you just press the intangibility button and become a ghost for a second.

strawpoll.me/6686728/
strawpoll.me/6686728/
strawpoll.me/6686728/
strawpoll.me/6686728/

>no "they all suck equally" option
Disregarded.

Not really, DD and DS are both shitty Monhun clones. Monhun has the superior challenge of the three, DS just has shitty pvp garbage thrown in.

Where's the "all are good in their own ways" option

I demand a redo

>dark souls fags
The reason Cred Forums sucks so hard

Fucking children

Stop being a faggot fucking fence sitter. Regardless of each having their own strengths and weaknesses, you prefer one over the other. Fuck you.

>one of 3 random abilities it'll stand around for 10 seconds before it shits out prompting your programmed response
>you can't even jump in any of those games
You're working off bad information, son.

Dark souls is objectively the best this terrible genre has come up with.
Atleast it doesn't always look like shit, unlike the other 2.

Dragon's Dogma melee combat is a huge steaming well seasoned log of shit.
I can't believe that a Guts simulator could have such shitty and worthless melee classes.

I know you can jump in DD, but it's completely irrelevant because of how the hitboxes work and it crushes your stamina, only useful for getting onto enemies.
I know you can't jump in dark souls.
I haven't played monhun since the wii one, which I played for maybe 2 hours, so I can't remember anything about it aside from the fact it was so much worse than either dd or ds.

Dark Souls combat is by far the best. Still not perfect but definitely the easiest to control and the most intuitive.
I never played Dragon's Dogma but I played Monster Hunter. It's good, just a different style of game overall.

t. overgrowth developer

I do like MH but I will agree that the farming bullshit is way too excessive. It doesn't make sense in any context.

You're killing massive, two ton, hulking monsters yet you need to drop like 10 on average to make one armor set for yourself? Please...give me a fucking break. I don't mind the rare drops because they make sense but that's also excessive and really fucking annoying when it's the one thing preventing you from an upgrade and there's no sure fire way of ever obtaining it.

Let me just say that in general, I fucking hate RNG. The only time I feel it becomes acceptable is when it's SO prevalent(AKA the core game mechanic) that the average total of all the numbers generated are bound to reach some sort of cohesive average.

Like Runescape, basically.