What's your favorite mario party and why do the new ones suck?

What's your favorite mario party and why do the new ones suck?

Also has anyone played fortune street?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2tAFDyvdIPA
youtu.be/T_jI_03DQAs
youtu.be/qW4LvlzvIdw
youtube.com/watch?v=dldJv9yZEp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Favorite Mario Party
either 2 or 4

>Why do the new ones suck
Linearity and not much control over what you can do. Star Rush seems promising, but the way it's handling minigames looks questionable.

>favorite mario party

>why do the new ones suck?
I want to play minigames, not The Game of Life.

bump-o

Bump..

mario party 3's duel mode is comfy as fuck. My best friend and i recently picked up playing it, and its pretty fukkin rad.

Fuck game guy though

2, 3 and 4

>2 fixes all the major problems while introducing a moderate amount of new concepts like Items. Arguably the best of the series
>3 improves on 2 in a fairly similar manner, adds new spaces on the boardand additional items/slots, but some argue the boards are dull
>4 is arguably the most refined of the series, essentially brings the series back to MP2 quality by cutting down on the item spam of MP3, my personal favorite in board themes

Also, Goomba's Greedy Gala is Best Board
youtu.be/2tAFDyvdIPA

Good tier choices.

Mario Party 1.

It was comfiest, it had the best music, and actual effort was put into it. When it came out it felt like a real game to be excited for, unlike the shovelware feeling of the later games.

Bump with favorite board BGMs
youtu.be/T_jI_03DQAs

RETARDY IS LIVE

I hate this board, it's so uninspired, but the BGM is GOAT
youtu.be/qW4LvlzvIdw

Pick 4 characters and a map for our first game. Doing mario party 3.

WARIO
HE'S A GONNA WEEN

CRANKY ASSHOLEMASSACRE

Edgy PenisSmasher

also Donkey Kong.

Nintendo could release any MP 1-6 as a new game and Cred Forums would still hate it.

fortune street is a hard game
but no one know it coz itr's Cred Forums

Heard of it, never played it.

Top Scrotumweeaboo

I played fortune street (the mario and dragon quest version) and didn't like it.
My favorite MP are the 3 and the 5.
I got all of them but couldn't finish the last one on Wii U because I'm forced to play with wiimotes...

Having every player at the same position really changed the game style, I don't like but I would understand why some would, it's just not MP for me.
Interested to see if the next one on the 3ds will feature traditional gameplay.

All Mario Party games suck.

I actually liked 8 a lot, which was the first one for the Wii, because it was very different and you could do a lot of new things in the minigames due to the Wii controllers and system. And the boards were still alright. It went to total shit after that since they invented the 'let all characters move together' in 9 and forward. Plus the hotel map was really awesome.

Go away, Jeff.

Not gonna lie, I kinda miss when the dolphin netplay was popular and we had 4 player Mario party going. The n64 ones were more fun but the gamecube ones were good too.

pile in cuckolds

You need friends to make party games fun user

>Implying you have friends after Mario Party even if you did have them before

6 overall

It's all fun and games until someone gets this fucking thing. Got a controller thrown in my face because of this item.

So is the "MARIO PARTY RUINS FRIENDSHIPS XD" thing a meme or do you guys just play with sperglords? Whenever I played with my friends we had the basic banter/trash talking but nobody threw/broke controllers, got triggered, or in general had any actual rage.

its a meme

this on the otherhand...

>dolphin netplay
Wait what? How do?

Latest version of dolphin that came out a few months ago, it uses servers that can bypass the whole port forwarding thing, so it was easy to set up a game if everyone disabled memory cards and tweaked a few other settings to minimise desyncing. You had to tweak the pad buffer if it got laggy which would increase the input lag but if you had a host with a good connection and everyone with reasonable ping it was perfectly playable.

It's a meme. Nobody (I hope) actually lost friends over it but the fighting was legendary.

>NO YOU FUCKER YOU WILL NOT FUCKING STEAL MY STAR I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE GUT

I've always preferred 2 overall, but some of the mini games in 4 are great.

>why do the new ones suck?
Nintendo now feels the need to treat players like toddlers by making sure nothing unfair ever happens. 2 is so much fun because of how often you could just get fucked in the course of a single turn. Shit like Chance time is the reason the old ones were so fun to play with friends, sure they made you fuckin angry but at the end of the day it was all good fun.

I miss those days of playing Mario Part 2 with my Highschool friends.

>game becomes a constant war for Boo Bells and Repellants
Always hated when this happened, it really brings out the 'That Guy' in some people.
Now this thing on the other hand, this is probably my favorite 'rare' item in the game.

Who?

Most games are fun with friends even if the games themselves are shitty (Mario Party).

mp2, takes what's good from 1 and improves it.
mp3 has too many items and the board's are overcomplicated.
mp4 I hated but haven't played in years.
liked 5.
skipped 6.
skipped 7 but played it last year and I think it might be the best one for gamecube.

It has the least minigames and is repetitive as all fuck, but I love the pre-rendered stuff and the scenes after winning a map.

I feel like that cut throat items and insane rng mechanics, like chance time, are what made the games so enjoyable and why the newer ones are trash.

let's watch mario retardy together

It's all the same shit. How people didn't give up on the series after 3 baffles me.

I vote Dong for next Board

ok we got dong who else

Because 4 and 5 weren't awful, 6 started the series of bad gimmicks

I have 2 on virtual console and fucking love it. But been playing it so much lately, it's starting to get a bit stale. Which other one should i get? Are all the others on VC?

Nah get an emulator instead.

It's so i can play it with friends, dingus

That's what Mario Party is about. As that other user said, these unpredictable events were what made the series fun.

Also the minigames which took some skill, but not too much. Not the ones you could perfect or where you have to press A for 10 seconds. Something like the pinball game in MP5.

>>Also has anyone played fortune street?
Takes a few rounds until you understand what'sprofitable and how you can achieve it, but can be pretty entertaining. It's a bit of a shame it doesn't have mini games though.
Also didn't play it that much.

You can play with others on Dolphin Netplay, dingus.

Disgusting PussyRevengeance

DANGLY BALLSACK WEEABOO

People always talking about the older system as if it was such a chore. WHat exactly is SOOO difficult about port forwarding?
Forward your port- host- give port and IP to players- pplayers input IP and port- connect- done.

Why was MP1 Bowser so harsh?

>all those spaces where you're forced to buy his bogus items
>if you manage not to get hurt in his version of Bash 'n' Cash, Bowser still takes coins from you
>if you had no coins, Bowser would steal your star in exchange for 10 coins

They need to reintroduce the "lose a gaem- lose coins" system.
No idea why they ditched it in the first place. The losers pay!

TOP DICKFUCKER
I'll take it

Come up with a new roulette event for Bowser.

Bowser's hidden surprise

Bowser places his own hidden block on some space and who gets it gets STOLEN a star or 20 coins.
In fact it is the next normal hidden block the game would have handed out but its effect reversed.

DANGLY TITMASSACRE

>>>RETARDY IS HERE BOYS

The main thing is the improvement to netplay stability, port forwarding isn't a big deal but it made it nice and quicker to get random game on Cred Forums going, without having to double as tech support. Just start a lobby, copy/paste code, relatively idiot proof.

Stop talking to me, friendless retard.

Fortune Street! That game is the fucking best. I can even get my normie friends into it. Always good for a round, though fuck the cheating AI.

But as hoster before that you still only had to paste one more thing, port and IP instead of 8 digit lobby number. That cannot be so much more difficult for people, can it?

You would be surprised.

Bumping this question. Is 7 as good as i remember?

7 was pretty alright senpai

GET IN HERE YOU FUCKING KEKS

DONG BOUT TO WIN THIS

dong wins again, burn in hell cucks

>tfw retardy threads are forced to pretend to be discussing the game so jannies don't instaban because muh twitch

reminder they do it for free

god's work friend

FUCK MODSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

mario time

WALUIGI TIME

peach pls

Wario.

Haha I'm Hard BallsackLover

what am i gonna what am i gonna what am i gonna get

4 is overrated trash. The items are boring and the maps are all awful. Only saving grace is the selection of mini games it has.
6 is objectively the best in the series overall with 2 at a very close second.

3 is best, 2 and 1 are good, all of the rest are unplayable shit

Can someone link the DK rap that was played when expand dong won?

Probably two, because it's the first one I owned.
Newer ones suck because everyone is slapped together.

youtube.com/watch?v=dldJv9yZEp8

CHANCE TIME!

>I'm sure that's gotta sting!

>mfw people don't have all the maps unlocked

Is it really so hard to get a save file?

Save files increase the potential of desynching.

mama luigi

What is this knuckles theme playing?

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!

luigi, waluigi, yoshi, dk

The vehicle thing ruined the last Mario Parties

Fortune Street took too fucking long to play, and the fact you were forced to use your Mii in most modes instead of the actual Mario and DQ characters sucked any fun out of it.

2-5 are the best
8 is good only for the Koopa Hotel map

Whoever came up with that needs to be tared and feathered

DISGUSTING ASSMASSACRE

I don't get this. Is this just watching someone play Mario Party?

No they're all easy AIs wandering the board like idiots. People support their favorite characters in the chat

WAKE MEUP

CALLL MY NAME AND SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE