Battleborn Is Going Free-To-Play Soon

>The underperforming hero shooter Battleborn will go free-to-play within the couple of months, a person familiar with plans for the game told Kotaku. Word is the announcement will come by mid-November, but that could change. (We hear the move has already been delayed a couple of times.)
JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/781577136960315392
youtube.com/watch?v=XXq5VvYAI1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Source faggot

Battleborn? More like Battleaborted

>It's true
Too late,Paladins already got that audience.

>no source
>using a Kotaku "quote"

JUST

twitter.com/Kotaku/status/781577136960315392

>Kotaku
You still aren't getting the point are you nu/v/

Going F2P won't even help that game because it still won't bring in enough players to justify using an MMR system on normal matchmaking.

The game probably wouldn't have even had an issue with player base if they dropped hidden MMR months ago.

Look how ugly this fucking character is.

there's literally nothing wrong using Kotaku as a source as long as you're sourcing actual news and not a social justice article

More like Stillborn

It still baffles me how they managed to make every single character look so fucking ugly

Ouch, I saw this coming tho. I pity I liked some of the character designs. Some decent waifus, clusterfuck of a display system though.

i paid 60 dollars for this at launch so this better be a lie

some of the characters are ok, the problem is that they dont look that they live in the same univere, the style is all over the place

Kotaku is a shitty sjw rag, but their scoops are usually legit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Battleborn is:

Your own fault, really.

>Kotaku
why would you read that shit.

>I liked some of the character designs.
People say this, but they're pretty dull and ugly compared to some other games. Gameplay is boring as fuck too.

lmao this game was dead on arrival

all going f2p will do is give them a temporary boost in players to 5k at best over a weeked, then everyone stops playing again and goes back to Overwatch which is superior in literally every way

but overwatch is just as shit first person moba? Am I missing something?

NOT YET Cred Forums! IT'S NOT OVER YET!

Overwatch isn't any better, it's just better marketed

Seems Randy Pitchford got his wish about wanting people to stop playing his games.

I-Is Gearbox gonna make it brehs?

hopefully not

t. haven't played overwatch

>half empty room
>only 23 likes

BB is the Jeb Bush of MOBAS.

It's a shooter and not even remotely a moba.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXq5VvYAI1Q
Randy played guitar, jamming bad with Burch, Anthony
And with Texas Gearbox, He played it right hand
But took it too far
Became a special man, then we were cringing out
Now Randy barely sang, screwed up mind and screwed up vidya
Like some flop from 2K, he could spin it by lying
He could leave ‘em to hang
Came on a PC man, high hung, receding hair
So where were the players, while the Blizz’ tried to crush our game
With just the bundle to guide us
So he bitched about sexists and we will go free to play
Randy played for time, jiving us that he’s a cuckoo
The kid was just crass, he was an ass
With a season pass
He took it all too far, but why did he play guitar?
Making love with his ego, Randy sucked up into his mind
Like a PC messiah
When the kids had dropped the game I had to break up Gearbox
Oh Yeah
Randy played guitar

I looked over the list again since I played during the free beta & I'll agree the characters are mostly ugly & would have benefited from a different artists style.
This artist went overboard in caricature & bodily exaggeration
Luchadore guy is still cool tho.

Battleborn is a mess

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Someone already posted the exact same thing that came to mind.

As someone who bought Battleborn on launch, I can say they missed the boat. I already moved on to Paladins and I don't think going F2P will be enough to save Battleborn, so they should just cancel it and make Borderlands 3 instead.

Whats the matter, user? Afraid of realistic looking women in your vidya?

The artist actually has good illustration skills, the problem is that the design of the characters is just abysmal.

>Kotaku
>Source

Just a reminder that this cosplayer looks more attractive than the source material.

Gearbox deserves this

I NEED dat hat

I would play it, but they gutted all the fun post ctt. Faster than UT speed Oscar Mike was fun as hell though for the week it lasted.

It won't catch on f2p either because they did a fucking awful job of optimising it. It ran like shit even on a 270x, hue toasters would straight up melt.

are there pictures of this thing before it started trying to look like a female?

Can't wait to play as Wu

What is Wukong doing in real life? Isn't he supposed to be a fictional character?

>tfw you have Battleborn on your resume

Also reminder, that burch did indeed contribute to the writing of BB before he left gearbox, for those who were not sure

yes, lurk moar.

It's by no means a GREAT game, but it is a passable can-be-enjoyable game if you've already dried up on things you want to play and enjoy FPS-moba hybrids.

The only thing absolutely terrible is the god awful cringe worthy dialogue
The "LOL SO RANDUMB xD" humor crawls under my skin almost every time someone makes a """""joke""""""

Also, other than vegeta voice acting himself, the voice acting fucking s u c k s

>

Listen to best girl

To go f2p don't you need skins that people would pay real money for? They certainly can't charge for the heros.

john flynt pictures are hardly ever posted because theres so few of them

Usually, when something like this happens, they flood the market with "pay only skins" almost immediately after the game launches F2p.

They'll probably revamp the entire game's currency system and drop legendary loot drops to an almost never level.

i hope they remove the game from steam and sell it as a stand alone game, like league of legends

get your filthy hands off these Cred Forums memes

Why would they ever put more nails into their own coffin than they already have?

I know its Kotaku but honestly who did not see this game going f2p? Its already structured like an f2p game and it would be shut down within a year if it did not go f2p.

pretty sure I saw one or two on the lolcow wiki

Lyz is a goddess