The nintendo 64 was first released in North America 20 years ago today. What were your favorite 64 games Cred Forums?

The nintendo 64 was first released in North America 20 years ago today. What were your favorite 64 games Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games_released_on_disc
youtube.com/watch?v=cTl0ky4DcHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got nightmares from playing Rayman 64.

I also got nightmares from that South Park game.

Mario 64 was always a great game
Star Fox 64 was the pinnacle of the series
Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie were great games
DK64 was great
Bomberman 64 had dat multiplayer
Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark were great shooters
OoT and Majora's Mask were masterpieces
Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing were awesome
Paper Mario was perfect
Rogue Squadron was great
Kirby 64 was pretty good
Mischef Makers was fucking awesome
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was great
Turok and Turok 2 were great
Ogre Battle 64 was fucking dank

FUCK the n64 was good

Fuck. I always wanted to buy mario kart, mario party 3 and star fox. You think its still worth it if i play my 64 every now and then?

Oh man I forgot all about Resident Evil 2 and all sorts of other games. Just download an emulator and go to town on the games.

Why was the last thread deleted? Fucking hell.

Pic related arriving tomorrow.

Underrated

Star wars battle for naboo.
Star wars shadows of the empire
Star wars rogue squadron
Banjo tooie

Had fun playing this with my friends

>Doom 64
>Perfect Dark
>F-Zero X
My personal favorites, of course there were a lot of damn good games on it.

mario 64 - best singeplayer
perfect dark - best multi

other great ones
Zelda:OOT
Zelda:MM
Bomberman 64
Geomon Ninja
Diddy Kong Racing
goldeneye
Space Station Silicon valley
Bankjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Starfox
Mario Kart
Mario Parties
Mischief Maker
Conker
Blast Corps
Pilot Wings

The N64 was the console of my youth. It defined my gaming experience. Navigating blindly the dark adventure of majoras mask after the captivating epic that was Ocarina of time, late night sleep overs filled with pizza soda Goldeye, bomberman 64, and super smash pros. Being a fucking rebel fighter pilot in rogue squadron, taking on the bright and completely unique worlds of Kirby 64, banjo kazooie and tooie. This system showed me things in a way no other media ever could.

I'm not mad Nintendo has turned to pure shit because it'll never take these things away from me. So thank you Nintendo and the n64 for the memories and experiences you gave to me when I was young.

Those fucking tribals

These and
Body Harvest
Blast Corps
Battle Tanx
Diddy Kong Racing
F-Zero X
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Quest 64
Smash Bros
Yoshi's Story

No idea but it was bullshit so i tried making it again

The usual ones: Mario Zelda Banjo, etc

I enjoyed my PS1 more

Paper Mario, also why did the last thread 404?

I know a woman who animated on this. But I never played it.

Is it the REAL Rayman 3?

Still one of the greatest local multiplayer consoles of all time

Rush 2 is one of my favorite racing games. Spent too much time on the stunt course as a kid.

>Turok 2
>Smash
>Golden Eye
>Perfect Dark
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Extreme G

Those were just the multiplayer games that I had and played all the time with a gang of classmates.

The N64 was the ultimate party machine.

I don't think any console since has fostered as many hours of couch multiplayer worldwide.

Playing DK 64 again right now. It's fun but often frustrating due to camera/controls and there are too many fucking minigames.

Gonna play some Mystical Ninja and Goldeneye later too.

Tons of great games in its day, but there's only a handful of games that haven't aged like complete shit

Mah nigga.

>Glover
>Iggy's Wreckin' Balls
>Rocket Robot on Wheels

I never played any of the Rayman games desu. It's definitely an interesting game for sure.

>20 years

Jesus. Time does fly.

HM64, Mischief Makers, SSB, Jet Force Gemini, Pokémon Snap, 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. HM64 and the series in general for some reason was huge with my friends and we all had 'our girls'. I went for Elli despite getting shit for it.

I was never too fond of later versions of Smash but spent an ungodly amount of time on SSB64 with friends. I remember helping set up a little Smash64 tourney in my school's cafeteria after getting permission from the principal and staff.

There are the usual staples like Starfox, Mario, Zelda etc. As one user put it the system was THE go-to for local multi-player. Even my family would join in on Mario Party.

True, but thats true for any games from that time

>I went for Elli despite getting shit for it
Your "friends" had shit taste then, all Elli lovers tend to be good well-mannered people who know what they want in life.

all 5 of them

>ps1 fag detected

ps1 didn't have any more though

>Rocket Robot on Wheels
>Jet Force Gemini
>Extreme G 2

I miss it Cred Forums. I still fire up Extreme G sometimes on an emulator and it's still a blast.

Super Mario 64 is my favorite. Huge fan of most of the good games on the N64. also MM > OOT

Seconded on that one good sir.

bump

N64 had better games

I'm not denying that

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie basically defined my childhood. Played the shit out of SM64 as well but never beat it.
One little gem that often goes unmentioned is Rakugakids, which was a fantastic fighting game. Had so much fucking fun with that

Doom 64 is probably my fav 64 game, it rarely gets any love. I've still got my original copy.

GOAT N64 game

ps1 > N64
SNES > N64

>ps1>n64

Fucking kek. Who started this joke?

n64 unironically has less games than the ps3

Mario 64
DK 64
Star Fox
F Zero
Mario parties 1-3
Bomber man 64
Banjo kazooie
Banjo tooie
Goldeneye
Perfect dark
Gauntlet
World is not enough
OoT
MM
Kirby 64
Pokemon Stadium
Rush
Mario kart
Diddy kong racing

Theres a lot more, but these are some of the best games on the 64. You're objectively wrong.

I only ever had 3 games for mine because we were poor, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium and Forsaken but I couldn't play past the first level in Forsaken because it required a memory card to save and wouldn't let you go any further without saving, the multiplayer was fun though

I had pretty much all of the most popular ones, with a few not-so-popular titles like Glover, Rocket Robot on Wheels, etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games
>Of the console's 388 official releases
>The Nintendo 64 library is to date the smallest overall library of game titles on a Nintendo home console.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games_released_on_disc
>There are currently 1027[a] games on this list.

inb4 some strawman about game quality, all I mentioned was number of games and the N64 has just over a third of the library of the ps3.
You're literally (LITERALLY) objectively wrong

Sin & Punishment is the only one I still play, but not very often.

But yeah, there are some great games on that console.

This whole argument started because you said ps1>64. Its not. Even if the 64 had less games than the fucking ps3 (several years in the future when the industry is larger, big surprise) its a matter of quality > quantity.

>he still pulls the strawman
holy shit.
Also it's about a hell of a lot more than just quality > quantity.
That I can get a huge plethora of games that have little to no equivalent on the N64 makes the PS1 better (name me all the brilliant RPGs, non kart racers or rhythm games on the N64)
That I could get PS1 games for $2 a go because everyone had a chipped PS1 whilst cartridges were still going for $60 a pop made the PS1 better.
That a massive amount of game franchises that made the SNES great ended up moving onto the PS1 makes both the PS1 and the SNES better than the N64.

youtube.com/watch?v=cTl0ky4DcHA

>strawman
Do you even know what that is user?

And yes, quality is far more important than quantity. Name a better and more iconic 3d platformer on ps1 than mario 64 (spyro? Crash? Dont fucking make me laugh) what about a better racer than mario kart, f zero, or dk racing? (Ctr? HAHAHA) with far better franchises, and far better games, its no wonder the 64 was better than the ps1 with all its crappy shovel ware and trash titles.

Gg ez

OOOOH shit, I remember Forsaken! Think I only played 3 levels of that but it's still stuck in my memory. That soundtrack amazed me as a kid