Box Art Thread

Why do Americans ruin everything?

>Europeans

How can they get away with this?

>Americans

woah what the fuck
I never saw this before

what was the fuck purpose for this? Did they forget it and just fixed it for different countries?
Or just to make it like the gun in the game

Is the US cover the one in the right? because i thought that one was great

I have no idea. I've only seen that american version without a suppressor on the metal gear wiki. Never saw it on ebay the few times I looked.

>Ugly/Angry monkeys that don't look anything like they do in the game for no reason.
>Needless speedlines.
>Bad font

I hate it! I was surprised the game caught on at all in America after seeing it the first time.

You are wrong, europoor. American cover is the best one there.

NTSC is a billion times better, probably one of the best covers to any game.

>that don't look anything like they do in the game for no reason

And then you have someone posting where the American version is the ONLY one showing in-game graphics. This is why these threads are so shit, because the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Also, I'd rather take the far right Ape Escape box over the middle one any day. At least it tried to match the title font colors like the Japanese version. The PAL one just looks like a shitty orange explosion.

>no number on the PAL boxart
I have been fucked over by this

You tried.

I think you're applying the "closeness to the actual game" rule too strictly. Kuri Kuri Mix uses a drawing to emphasize the cartoony nature of the game. Ape Escape uses "edgy" looking renders to hide it.

It's fine when a box art doesn't show gameplay at all. It just sucks when it's not even good art or tonally completely off.

>implying the NA cover isn't the best

>ruin
Eurpoor, please, your cover sucks.

>americant's

>Americans only got Shinkawa art like once or twice in the whole series

>yuropoors

>Allowed to show a black guy's massive love gun
>No boob allowed
No wonder you're all cucks.

Why no cover with the canon ending?
the fuck bitches lets go to space

I'm a sucker for these textless steel cases even though I don't have any.
I kind of wish we got Variant covers for video games like we do for comics.

>wanting in-game graphics on a fucking cover

There's a lot of slick reversible covers like that on PS3 which I always liked.

It's shit when it doesn't say the name on the spine though since it's hard to find on a shelf.

>Durr they look NOTHING like the in game monkeys what the fuck
>But using in game graphics on your cover is absolutely abhorrent despite those other two, but fuck that. Forget those two
Damn, you're really this dumb huh? Also needless explosions is imo worse than speedlines because one of them is running

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth there and being needlessly belligerent about it.

Like I said to the other guy, it's not about using or not using the in game monkeys. It's about the style being completely antithetical with what the game is actually like.

It actually would have been better if they did use the in game monkeys though because I feel they are better designed than the ones on the American cover.

Why are cartoons not allowed be upbeat and cheerful sometimes?

That wasn't censorship though
It was literally so people afraid of being judged at the counter could grow a pair and get their copy

Do you really believe that was the reason? Fear of being judged?

But the US cover is the best for AE1 though

Give me reasons

I don't have the comparison photo, but this one was a disaster.

?

Can you spot the difference???

Americans censoring chests once again...

hahaha jesus christ yuropoors

it's a horror game not a sitcom

obligatory

if you wanted to obsess over america we already have Cred Forums ya dingdong

Yeesh. If I saw the middle one on store shelves, I couldn't perceive it as anything but shovelware.

woah the japanese box is really cool

They didn't even try.

I don't get it. Rising Star are usually have a clue with their localisations

you fucking kidding mate? I agree with the guy saying the NTSC art is way better. Just look at it from the thumb nail. The one of the right has bright bold colors, sharp yellow with red behind, with a bright blue castle, and a strick a of thunder.

The other, just a dude with white hair that you can't even make out unless you're right up next too it because it's a mess of greys, blacks, and dark browns. Not to mention the title doesn't pop or stand out at al. Boring faded red text witha slight yellow glow.

Right is bright and interesting with a large title, using vivid and pleasent colors. The one on the left is boring, bland, has no color or anything exciting, with a tiny little title that doesn't stand out at all.

And the voice acting was better fo the PAL dub

I'm about to trigger some yuropoors

HEY YUROPOORS, FUCK ISLAM!!!

That uk box art is baller.

This. Ours was subtle and arty as fuck,

Our PS2 games do all have white spines though.

It does make shelves look dull pretty dull and uniform but at least it's easy to find what you're looking for.

But I'm a yuro and I agree, I don't understand.

You'll only trigger Swedes and Germans with comments like that.

is that van darkholme

Eh, at least they look sleek on a shelf.

>Translations never

The right looks like a shitty model of a castle with no substance that doesn't evoke the feeling of the game. Things like this are why the rest of the world view Americans as dumb, classless apes.

Goddamn, even America has the worst shade of gold.

>EU and JP look like inviting, artistic representations of the actual game
>AUS is minimalist, looks like a really polished ancient scroll, and depicts the main character in a triumphant pose
>US is AUS...except with a pig disgusting sheen and awful colour choice that ruin the point

All 'murrica had to do is copy and paste one of them. It's not hard.

I really wish that mermaid had some rule34

Piss gold is a 13 year tradition at this point. They can't stop now.

Too bad Starfy is basically dead at this point and has no chance of getting a fanbase big enough to churn out such things.

I like all the covers but the NA cover's monkeys look nothing like what they do in game