So what was your favorite game of 2016?

So what was your favorite game of 2016?

Mine was Stardew Valley.

Other urls found in this thread:

community.playstarbound.com/threads/1-1-beta-thread.124827/
stardewvalleywiki.com/Version_History
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Am2r, followed by Wolflame. I tried to like games like TMS and Halo and Uncharted and Kirby, but they were WAY, WAAAAAY too casual. Like, uncomfortably so.

I think I have to agree on Stardew Valley. Most games this year weren't all that spectacular, but a spiritual successor to Harvest Moon with a publisher made of lies and deceit was just the thing we needed.

Can't wait for that update with new farms. Fishing farm looks cozy as hell.

HERE SHE COMES BOIS

PREPARE YOURSELFS

>No Multiplayer (yet)
That changelog though, holy shit. One man does better than an entire company.

speaking as someone who's budget got shot to pieces this year, i'm enjoying death road to canada

though i guess it's because i haven't really been spoiled on the "procedurally generated" thing yet as i generally don't play them.
character creator and soundtrack are fucking stellar and i can tolerate the memes here and there.

POST FARMS

Total war warhammer

Link to the changelog?

Not a bad choice. It's probably my fav too.

Va-ll Hall-a was also good.

Was Fire Emblem Fates this year? That was fun too.

Yeah it's really too bad he had to bunk up with Chucklefucks.

Reminder:

community.playstarbound.com/threads/1-1-beta-thread.124827/

Also, I wish Chucklefish had an actual website for their forums and not one with their shit game in the link.

rabi ribi so far to be desu my lads

Abigail is better wife, though Penny was my first wife too.

I honestly didn't care. None of the bachelorettes seemed that interesting to me. I married Penny because she was the first to get to 10 hearts with my playthrough.

Hey eh.. dats nice and all but GIVE ME BACK MY FRIGGIN COMPUTER!

Same. It's pretty good as a depression curing game

stardewvalleywiki.com/Version_History

>was
>2016

My anticipated GOTY isn't out yet.

I haven't seen an indie developer this dedicated to their game since Terraria.

That's too bad. What will you do when version 3.0 lets you enter the game for real? Loveless marriage?

I'm waiting on Pokemon Moon too.

Best girls are genderbent bachelors.

Whatcha waiting on user?

Horizon 3

>genderbent bachelors
>not the whitewash mod that people got absolutely furious over

The character art is truly the only aspect of Stardew Valley that I just hate. After playing Harvest Moon for so many years, my mind is hard wired to be used to the anime art style they all have. Even worse once you see the changes the characters in Stardew Valley went through to actually end up so bad looking.

White wash?

Also, what's the point of female models with male names? What a retarded as fuck fantasy

Between the 4 games I've played that came out this year. (Doom, dark souls 3, uncharted 4, va11-halla.)
I would have to say va11-halla.

There's one girl, I forgot her name, who's got mixed parents. Someone over in the general thread, when it existed, made a mod that turned her white. Pretty much made her an entirely new character, too. Over on the Chucklefuck forums however, folks were up in arms over the mod. It got so bad that threads were locked as they were going into flame wars. Ultimately, the mod got taken down, but damn was the shitfest great.

Plus, the mod made her cute. Like, really fucking cute.

DOOM was pretty great
VA-11 Hall-A was the comfiest experience I had in years
Dark Souls 3 was good I guess, definitely better than DaS2. I spent over 4000 hours in Soulsborne games, so I didn't bother to replay it more than 4 times.

Is Nioh going to be released this year? I'm looking forward to it.

Dark Souls 3 is the only 2016 game I've played, and I thought it was pretty meh.

Name is Maru

Funniest is that her mother married TWO black men. Maru is the daughter of the first.

Current black man is a cool guy.

Hackmud you dumb cunt

Maybe Emily. She seems autistic enough to be at least interesting.

She and Alex start shit but become decent at the end.