Splinter cell

>First weapon you get is the only viable weapon throughout the whole game

It's not just viable
It's the best damn gun in the game

portal

god of war

Bloodborne

SOCOM: Navy Seals

Just Cause (pick any (excluding the first))

Halo 1

MGSV sadly.
Dynasty Warriors (all)
Resident Evil if you're autistic.
pretty much every shooter that doesnt have RPG mechanics.

metal gear solid basically

Dark Souls

Witcher 1

Fucking lmao, starting swords are the best weaps in the game

Nobody's going to mention Half-Life?

Geuss I will.

I used the wrench through most of the game to conserve ammo since deaths weren't a setback. I think that might be the reason I didn't like Bioshock.

>the only

It's not even the best, very far from it actually.
Try playing not on babby difficulty.

CS:GO's USP-S :^)

Wrong. That shitty assault rifle is like a BB gun.

Half life serie

*tips smurfdora*

This.

First playthrough I ever did was using the broadsword all the way through.

If you choose the good ol 10 mm in human revolution it mods out to be the best gun in the game

COD knife

First weapon you get in halo is a pistol with no ammo

The first gun you get only shoots blue portals, try beating the game with that

The AR is not the first weapon you get, you mongoloid. The first weapon is the pistol.

Not him but I think he is talking about the pistol, which in my opinion was amazing.

I'd assume he was referring to the pistol

I found the scimitar in Dark Souls highly viable.

Or alternatively, the P250 which you can afford every round at the cost of a grenade.

I did.

any Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero etc game

They are?

You retard.

dark souls 3 knight

the USP surpasses the p250 in real life, although the p250 is still a good handgun.

>No ammo
>Shoot at Captains head for shits and giggles

WAIT STOP HE SAID IT WAS EMPTY

that was a great feel to be honest, it increased the immersion.

youtube.com/watch?v=J64Gn60y1o4#t=11m14s

Five-SeveN a best.

No.
That kurwa is drunk.

>Harvall
>Gwalhir
>Aerondight

Except Thief, fuck that never again.

In GO the 5-7 and P250 are lots better than it desu. The fact that the 5-7 one shots people from range while the M4 can't at point blank is a joke.

Far Cry 3
AK-47

Army of Two
AK-47

>calling it the .57 instead of Five - SeveN
Wew lad

>Plasma Cutter
>Not the best weapon across all 3 games
The only weapons that come close to being as good are the Force Cannon and Pulse Rifle.
Not that guy btw, I've beaten Dead Space like 50 times on whatever the second hardest difficulty is because fuck only having 4 saves throughout the game

I'm on a really shitty laptop keyboard

The tranq rifle was in fact the only weapon I used in the entire game apart from an upgraded shotgun for boss fights.

I havent played CS GO since like 2012 so idk, just dont buy a five-seven in real life, its a huge money pit. Its like the boats of the handgun world, alongside deagles

guns are for babies

Cave Story kinda does this since it rewards you for actually keeping the Polar Star by making it the best weapon in the game at the end.

With Final Fantasy X this kind of applies to Tidus if you're not going for the bullshit Chocobo race-exclusive weapon.

Mega Man Zero with the Z-Saber. And Fire Emblem 7 with the Mani Katti on Lyn.

>shoot captain in head
>jump in that little space in the front of the ship where your safe

the drill in the second game, especially once you get the tonics

Pulse Rifle is utter garbage on the highest difficulty and is only useful as an early backup weapon considering it takes over a mag to kill some enemies.

Way to out yourself as a casual.

t. redditor

Crysis

>force gun on hardest difficulty kills regular necros in 1 shot, black ones in 2
>knocks down other necros near aswell
>has "grenade" as altfire which destroys these wall tentacle fuckers in 1 shot

>contact beam kills in 1 shot on bodyshots, most expensive ammo means you can sell it to make lots of cash

>pulse rifle lets you flinch multiple enemies, ideal for controlling big room ambushes

>ripper has the best ammo conservation of any weapon, altfire cuts through unlimited amount of enemeis in a straight line

>plasma cutter needs 3-4 shots for regular (!) necros
>doesn't have any special effects at all

It can carry you through the game, but other weapons shoit on it, very very hard.

Not him, pulse rifle is great on impossible and it takes only half a mag to kill enemies.
Learn to aim.

Bioshock Infinite

>deus ex
>pistol
>prod
>gep gun

>ripper
that shit was when the game stopped being tense

Every GTA game.
Mount & Blade, depending on what you start with.
Max Payne

>It's not even the best, very far from it actually.

It is the best even on Hard mode, but you need a second gun that's effective against crowds.

yep, once fully upgraded you are unstoppable

too bad i never got to enjoy the other weapons

The tranq rifle in Deus Ex: HR.

Pretty much your only real option the entire game if you don't want to kill people.

>not just ghosting like you were never there
Only time you need a weapon is for boss fights.

Nope. Your second weapon, sure, but not your first.

I guess it depends on your definition of viable, I mean I'm sure you can complete the game with it.

Sniper rifle from DS2 is objectively the best weapon because of how ridiculously ammo efficient and powerful it is if you know how to quickscope with it. Don't really care about DS3, don't remember DS1 good enough. And yes, I've beaten all of them on the hardest difficulty too.

>not knocking everyone out
you're boring

Except that you never use it because sneaking is so easy, even on hard mode.

RE4

>Artorias Greatsword ascend
Dood

I'm pretty sure this is the first weapon you get in SR3 (Not counting the ones from the first mission that you don't get to keep) and it (And, to a greater extent, the other pistol) are surprisingly OP.

>implying knocking everyone out isn't boring and easy

TF2 stock weapons

You can shoot all the ducks just fine and master all the challenges even without switching to any of the later weapons.

I guess you're right about that:
(Shitty music warning)
youtube.com/watch?v=GUouvaA_pfQ

I'm not sure if you could really call it the same weapon then.

Halo:CE

Ace Combat games can be beaten with your starting planes and weapons, and it probably wouldn't be too hard.

>session based multiplayer shooter
Yeah, I mean, devs are totally not retarded if it's otherwise.

But the Dragon's Tooth is clearly the best weapon in the game.

the keyword is viable, not so op combat become trivial

Settler pistol in Rage

>play game with a host of inventive and fun to use weapons
>only use the simplest and most boring one

Correct you are. Though, it's possible to beat the game with no weapons (youtube.com/watch?v=GwTvDokKtec) or to procure everything you need on-site at the start of each mission. The game design for DX1 is fucking genius.

>making easy game even easier
It's like you hate challenge you turbo nerd.

Resident evils combat knife.

Starting pistol with full upgrades is by far the strongest shit in the game if you don't care about casualties. Not the same in the sequel, I noticed after a while that even though I've been carrying a pistol all game, I wasn't using it at all.

Oh god, I wasn't the only one!

The stun gun was viable all the way through HR, so long as you don't count the boss battles.

Re4

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Never used anything else.

you can clear the bossfights using the stun gun

just run up and empty it into them and they'll go down

honestly, I found my recent attempt at a no-kill, no-knockout run to be pretty boring.

It's not difficult, and a lot of the time you're skipping a lot of content.

>tryhard and useless weapons stuck in as filler for underage aspies
>"inventive"

Bayonetta. Scarborough Fair and Love is Blue are seriously some of the best weapons in the game.

Fuck, bayonetta was such a good game.

F.E.A.R., especially if you dual wield the pistol

drakengard.

Can you complete Doom 2 with just the chainsaw? Bosses excluded perhaps

The game is designed with specifically the cutter in mind. Every fight is supposed to be manageable with it.
Hell, if you don't get other weapons, then the ammo drops from enemies are almost exclusively ammo for the cutter. Even on Nightmare, you have excess that you sell to get tons of nodes and quickly max out the gun.

Still an outstanding introduction, even with the nostalgia goggles.

Arch-Viles, Hell-Knights, Barons of Hell and Revenants will give you a hard time due to not being consistently stunlocked by the chainsaw.

It's probably possible, but hard.

>

It's a shame because the Plasma Cutter is just kinda boring, while most of the other guns are pretty wild

>pic
Talk about a perfectly-generated result there.

Try playing impossible difficulty, then come back.

In Dead Space 3 you can build a sniper rifle with a shotgun alt-fire, which also slows down enemies with each hit

I honestly don't see it being possible. The game has been out for so long that it would be almost guaranteed that there would be someone who has done a Chainsaw only run (bosses excluded) and released it on youtube, but if you look, not even an attempt has been made.

>posts a webm made in Easy or Medium at most

>game has amazing weapon physics and a huge arsenal of weapons to use
>punishes you for using them
Thanks Metal Gear

It's impossble difficulty, force gun is the best weapon in the game hands down.

>It's impossible difficulty
Pretty sure you're full of shit, you shouldn't have that much damage by that point in the game especially on Impossible, unless the game is just easy as fuck all around

One of the nice things about MGSV was the viability of lethal. I remember getting so frustrated at not being able to S rank one of the later missions I brought a silenced rife.
Wew.
Mopped up the base with that in record time for that S

this so much, in 5 I was so hype to get the makarov style pistol with tranqs.

Good thing gun modding was broken to hell at the time so I could custom make some game breaking non lethal shit.

Oh shit you can still get S rank going violent? What the fuck am I doing

You can fully upgarde 3 weapons at that point if you know what you're doing.

Huh, I forgot how casual the game is

It's the latter. Dead Space isn't a hard game by any stretch, you can manage most encounters simply by managing your stasis and avoiding getting hit. Even ammo stops being an issue.

S ranks scale primarily off time and prisoners.
You can get Ss playing bursts of a stealth/action flick
Knock yourself out.

Resident Evil 4 - Handgun

Not only viable but also the best.

This but also the 10mm. Why ever use anything else.

Red Dead Redemption

Not really. Its just that you don't have to.
Since you will most likely Rune it with good stuff.

But there exists good shit.
Like any of the extreme debuff swords, the endgame superswords, or Lady of the Lake silver sword.

Dark Souls 1-2-3
Demon's Souls

Super Castlevania 4

/thread

ARMOR
PIERCING
MOD

>I don't usually keep it loaded so you'll have to find ammo as you go
>Hands you a MAGNUM

>only use the simplest and most boring one

says you, quick slicing those arms with the default weapon is awesome as hell.

Also Max Payne 1 or 2 Beretta 92f.

>he used portals

I remember using the starting pistol in spec ops all the time up until the game took it away from you
Quality pistol

UV-Tyson is a thing, I don't see why chainsaw wouldn't be possible.

Peestol
The best one, the one that can headshot like a motherfucker and does great damage too, knocking off a flood limb in one shot and killing them from a distance better than any other

Agreed, but the former only applies to enemies with no defense and the latter only applies if you're using the Power Plus badges (which you should be doing anyway)

>the starting weapon is a pistol with infinite ammo

>It's not even the best, very far from it actually.
This is objectively wrong. It is the best, and by a landslide.
>Try playing not on babby difficulty.
The difficulty chosen has no bearing at all on which gun is the best. It's still the plasma cutter.

Halo 1 Pistol
Kyle Katarn's blaster in Dark Forces 2

>what is the seeker rifle

Agreed. Uchi rules, takes a while to stomp the naked dude with the club tho.

Stick with the prod
Prod with the prod

If anything Dark Souls does way to much to discourage you from picking up new weapons unless you actually knew about and planned to use them.

The saw is better.

Every melee weapon starter weapon in a Souls game for that matter. Catalysts and Bows not so much

Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden games
even in 3RE, the weapon is very viable if you're good

The starter rusty weapons in dragon's dogma

There's a very lenient point cut off for S ranks. It all adds up. And besides you only need to S Rank the mission once. And you will still gain Heroism points and negative Demon Points if you just mix lethal with capturing the good soldiers. Shoot them in the leg before you Fulton them for double Heroism and negative demon points

Nah. They really aren't if you're trying to beat the game without an unreasonable amount of effort. You don't even get the topor and poison effect until you get it to 3 stars.

Sure, give them to your pawns but then you'll have no damage dealers. The only useful ones are the rusted Bows.

Unless you plan on taking super overleveled pawns with you through the whole game

>he achieved a status of supernatural power

Teach me your ways, guinea pig.

youtube.com/watch?v=aYPtyYILDZA

The riot smg is superior to the Wu, though. Also, if you're consistently S-ranking missions, your volunteers will be much better than most of the people in the field. People who whine about having to knock everyone out and fulton them remind me how many shitters played that game.

>ctrl+f pokemon
>0 results
Come on now Cred Forums

>not bleeding shit left and right and getting ultra-criticals with the hornet ring

Spotted the shitty player

Though there are definitely better guns, Killing Floor's starting pistol isn't all that bad as a sharpshooter.

Bayonetta

That's because those people are on their containment board. Should probably go hang out with them, they seem like your sort of people.

pokemon are friends not weapons

I have, plasma cutter is best gun on impossible due to ammo management and damage scaling.

You get ammo for the weapons you are holding exclusively if i remember correctly. Also spike gun best gun

I got pulse rounds in DS1 without having the pulse rifle